Status: Finished - Most likely to be edited again

Always and Forever

With Pure White Stars

It was the night of our anniversary, I was going to Brendon’s and was pretty sure that we were going to spend the night watching movies and getting full on popcorn. There weren’t any secrets anymore, no longer was there a big mystery. Everything was out in the open.

I arrived at Brendon’s to see him dressed in a pair of black pants and a tucked in white shirt. I blushed; I was way underdressed in my jeans and white tank top.

“Can’t I just quickly go home” I whined refusing to move from the spot in the car.

“We’ll miss our reservation” Brendon sighed.

“But everyone here’s so formal” I cried. In my opinion there was nothing more embarrassing than being underdressed and I knew I was as I watched all the men in suits and women in gowns enter the restaurant “Why didn’t you tell me!”

“I didn’t think of it.”

“Well you should’ve!” I huffed.

Brendon smiled, trying unsuccessfully to cover up his annoyance “Holly, don’t wreck tonight okay? I got a nice restaurant for you and it’s really hard to book into. Stop acting like those bitches you hang around with and get out of the car.”

“Are you calling me a bitch?”

“Why aren’t you out of the car yet?”

Dinner was awkward; in fact, we didn’t talk throughout the whole thing. The tension was so thick that even the waitress felt uncomfortable around us. I glanced down at the watch on my wrist waiting until a suitable time to get up and leave.

“Holly?”

I stared down at my food, trying to ignore Brendon who was staring sincerely at me.

“Holly, I’m sorry, it’s just that it took me a lot to get a booking here a-”

“You called me a bitch” I said quietly.

“Hey hey hey no I didn’t, I said you were acting like a bitch.”

“It’s the same thing Brendon” I said raising my eyebrows.

“No it’s not, I said you were acting like a bitch, not that you were a bitch.”

I ran my hand through my hair “Brendon,-”

“I’m sorry okay, I’ve never been with someone so fragile before?”

“So I’m weak now?”

Brendon groaned loudly “What’s up with you tonight? Are you on your period or something?”
Brendon yelled causing most of the restaurant to stare at us “Honestly, I’m doing my best to give us a good night but you’re just fucking it up!”

“Sir, I’m going to have to as-“

“I’m paying for your wages” Brendon hissed at the waiter “If I were you, I’d shut up.”

“Brendon” I sighed “Stop being so dramatic-”

Brendon laughed “I’m not being dramatic, I’m not the one who twists everything that I say, I’m not the one who constantly thinks her boyfriend is cheating on her! I love you Holly what more do you want!”

We ended up being kicked out the restaurant; Brendon’s behaviour and my attire were the reasons. Tears were streaming down my cheeks and I was trying all be it unsuccessfully to keep myself calm.

“Where do you wanna go now?” Brendon asked coldly.

“Home” I replied staring out the window which was beginning to fog up. I felt Brendon’s
calloused finger run down my cheek “Brendon, focus on the road.”

He pulled into a car park “I can’t.”

I raised my eyebrows and face him “Brendon, please I really just want to go home.”

“I don’t want to go to bed with all this shit hanging over our heads.”

“To be really honest Brendon, I don’t really care right now.”

He sighed but still drove me back to his place, from there I drove home.

My room was unusually cold that night. I lay in my bed, my eyes fixed wide open staring at the wall a million thoughts running through my head but it felt like I wasn’t thinking at all. What happened tonight? I had no idea, was it just a fight or did we break up? And there was no shaking this empty feeling inside of me.

“Shit!” I flipped around in my bed to see a body tumbling through the window “Brendon!” I hissed “What are you doing?”

“I-I couldn’t sleep” he said scratching his head awkwardly “A-and it looks like you couldn’t either.”

I sat up, giving his some space to move into the bed “Yeah, I couldn’t”
“I’m really sorry about tonight, I really really am.”

I leant over and pecked him on the forehead “It’s okay, I-I bought something f-for you.” I reached over and grabbed out a small black box “It smells really good” I smiled as he unwrapped the bottle of cologne.

“A-and I got y-you something too.”

I had to stop myself from screaming when I opened the red box of the present he gave me. It was a charm braclet “Put it on” I smiled reaching my wrist out for him to put it on.
“Wait, there’s more” he pulled out another smaller box “A-and I got you this to go with it” he said clipping on a charm of a camera “Since you love photography so much.”

I whisper-squealed and jumped over into his arms, almost crushing him in the process “thank you! I love you baby” I smiled.

He gave me a soft peck “Love you too Holly, happy anniversary.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I can't help but feel as if they're falling apart...
comments please :)