Status: Getting There Slowly

Dirty Sunshine

Chapter 11

Justine’s Pov

It’s a month since I moved in with Jacob. I’ve gotten pretty comfortable here. I got along with all of his friends except for Leah, but from what I heard she doesn’t really get along with anyone. But there was something weird about them all I just couldn’t figure it out. I really liked Emily she reminded me of my mother. Speaking of my mom I just got off the phone with her. Nothing but more bad news. She said that police still haven’t caught Derek and that they think he might have left the state. As much as loved being here with Jacob I wanted to see my mom and Gregg, I missed them so much.

I walked in to the living room and sat down next to Jacob. “What’s wrong babe?” he asked “Nothing”

“Your lying”

“I know.” I sighed “They haven’t caught Derek yet. The police think that he might have left Montana....I’m scared.”

Jacob’s Pov

My hands balled up in to fist. If the police don’t catch him I will. And he wont live throw what I’m going to put him through. I looked over at Justine, a few tears slid down her cheeks.

“Don’t worry. How would he find out that you were here. And trust me if he steps foot in La Push me and the guys will take care of him.”

“Your right..he doesn’t know where I am.” she sounded like she was trying to convince her self. She lend in and kissed me softly. I pulled her back to me wanting another kiss when a loud howl came from the forest outside of my house. “I have to go.” I said quickly standing up.

Justine’s Pov

“What where are you going?” I said trying to figure out what was going on. “I’ll be back later.” he gave me a kiss on the forehead and ran out the door. He has been doing this ever since we got here. He takes off at random moments and doesn’t come home until 2 of 3 in the morning. I'm sick of it. I want to know what’s going on. I watched him through the window running in to the forest. I ran outside and followed him through the thick tress, but I lost him. I walked around in the forest listening and searching for where he could have gone.

I was just about to give up and start walking back to Jake’s house when I heard voices. I followed the voices until I noticed a clearing in the trees. I crouched down behind sum bushes so I wouldn’t be seen. I looked at the men and realized Jacob was one of them along with Sam, Jared, Paul, and 4 wolves.

Oh my god what are they doing?

I couldn’t really hear exactly what they were talking about. They all started to take off their shorts. I closed my eyes trying not to stare but I couldn’t help myself. I wish I would have kept them shut. Jacob and the rest of the guys had turned in to wolves before my eyes. I didn’t know how to react. My mind was yelling to run but I was in shock. This couldn’t be real I must be dreaming. When the shock wore off and I was finally able to move my body I ran.

I sat on Jacob’s bed in the dark waiting for him to come home. I wasn’t quite sure what I was going to say to him, but I couldn’t just ignore what I saw today. I heard foot steps coming up the stairs and my heart started to race. Jacob walked in and closed the door behind him. "I saw you today"

"what do you mean you see me every day"

"no I saw you in the forest with the guys. What are you?" he signed and sat down next to me. "I'm a shape shifter"

"a what?"

"a shape shifter we protect the people of la push."

"so you turn in to a wolf?"

"yeah"

"you should have told me when I meet you."

"yeah what did you want me to say hi I'm Jacob black and I turn in to a wolf"

"mmm yeah that sounds kinda crazy."

"I was going to tell you though I just wasn’t sure how to do it. Its okay of you don’t want to be with me anymore I know this is a lot to take in." even though the room was still dark I could see the frown on his face and it pained me to see him look so hurt. "Jake did I ever mention that a wolf is my favorite animal."

"do you mean that or are you just saying that"

"im just saying it. But I love you and im not going to leave you because your unique. It doesn’t change the way I feel about you." his million dollar smile crept across his face and kissed me lovingly. "Jake what are you guys protecting everyone from?"