Status: finished, [:

Black Heart

chapter four

I sat there in Central park, looking at my cell phone. I was waiting for Sam to reply to my text. I couldn’t believe she had left after she told me she loved me, well she thinks she loves me, but that’s better than nothing. My phone started ringing and the song Gives You Hell started playing. I looked at the text, it was from Sam. I smiled as I read the text. Not only did she say she loved me, but she wants to hang out at her house. I quickly stood up. I sent her a text back to her saying okay and that I’d be there in thirty minutes. I closed my cell and put it in my pocket as I walked back to my house to change, I arrived at my apartment, and hurried inside. My parents weren’t home like usual. That was obvious though because my mom was a drug head who was in rehab for her 3rd time this year, and my dad was away on business, but both me and my fourteen year old sister Kate knew that our dad was having an affair with his business partner and that they really weren’t on a business trip. I ran to my room and changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a black tee. I looked in the mirror and sighed.

“Shit. I need to stop dressing like this.” I thought to myself. I went to my closet to look for a different outfit. Kate walked into my room and sat on my bed.

“Hey Cade. What you doing?” she asked as she grabbed the pillow on my messy bed and held it in front of her.

“Kate, haven’t I already told you to stay out of my room?” I replied.

“Yes, but I never listen.” she smiled as I grabbed a blue shirt and a pair of regular jeans.

“I rather your emo look.” Kate stated.

“I do too, but I don’t want to look emo in front of Sam.” I replied.

Kate already knew about Sam, in fact, she knew everything about my life. Kate wasn’t like other little sisters, I could tell her everything. Usually guys would hide stuff from their little sisters, but me, I don’t.

“Does it really matter what she thinks of you?” she asked.

“Yes!” my reply was quick and simple.

“Wow bro. you’re PA-THE-TIC!” she laughed.

“I am not!” I argued.

“Sure you’re not..” she continued laughing.

“Kate, I really love her, and what she thinks of me means a lot.” I walked over to my bed and put the clothes on it.

“Yeah I know Cade.” she smiles.

“Now, can you get out of my room? I really need to change.” I asked.

“You look good enough.” was her reply

“Okay then I won’t change, but still get out!” I smiled as Kate stuck her tongue out at me.

I grabbed a grey pullover and put it on. “I’m leaving now. Don’t do anything stupid.”

“I will.” she smiled as she left my room.

I looked in the mirror once again and put on my converse. I was decent enough to go to Sam’s house. I left my apartment and hurried to Sam’s house. It took me about ten minutes to get there, I hurried to the door and knocked on the door. There was no reply, so I knocked again.

“Why hello Cade.” I heard someone say.

I wasn’t sure who it was until I turned around. Standing at the bottom of the steps was Roxie. I had always known she had a crush on me, but she wasn’t even close to being my type.

“Um.. Hey Roxie. What are you doing here?” I asked as a confused expression showed on my face.

“Well I came here to find you.. And here you are.” she smiled.

“Er.. Okay. Well why were you looking for me anyways?” I was still confused.

“This is why.” she said very seductively.

She climbed the steps that separated us and walked towards me. She grabbed my face in her hands and pulled me into a kiss. I tried pulling away but I couldn’t, yeah I can’t believe that a girl could hold me into a kiss either. After a while of giving up, I finally gave in, and that’s when I heard a voice that came at the worst time possible.

“CADE?!” the voice said, which made Roxie finally stop kissing me.

I turned around and looked at Sam, who was standing there in shock. She looked like her heart was ripped out.

“H-how could you Cade?” a tear rolled down her cheek.

“Y-you said you l-loved me..” she was crying now, I looked at Roxie and she was smiling.

“She kissed me Sam. I would never kiss her” I looked at Sam with worry and apology in my eyes.

“I’m gonna go now..” Roxie smiled as she walked away.

Sam was sitting down on by the door, and she was crying.

“Sam I love you. I would never kiss her. She was the one that kissed me. You have to believe me.” I tried to convince her I was telling the truth, which I was, but the look on her face didn’t look like she was believing me.

“I think that you should leave.” she said as she stood up.

“But S-” she interrupted me.

“No. No buts. I can’t take it Cade. You just kissed another girl.” she wasn’t looking at me anymore.

“Sam. Please.” I begged.

“I’m sorry Cade. I thought you loved me but I guess I was wrong.” she looked at me. “Bye.” she turned and walked inside, closing the door behind her.

I stood there for a while, soaking in everything that had just happened. “but I don’t want to say goodbye..” I whispered as I walked down the steps.

I didn’t know where to go, but I couldn’t go home. Better yet, I couldn’t stay in this town. I started running as tears flowed down my cheeks. I had never cried before and I knew there was always a first time for everything. Now I know that my life was most definitely over.