Status: finished, [:

Black Heart

chapter six.

“Why me?” I thought a I sat under the Oak Tree. I couldn’t believe all the shit that had just happened, but it happened. Sam was mad at me for that kiss, and I couldn’t even control it. All I could think about now was Sam. Did she even love me anymore, or would she want to forget me forever? I already knew what I was planning to do. If she still loved me, then everything would hopefully go back to normal, but if she wanted us to forget about each other (which I really didn’t want to happen.), I would leave here and I guess go away. I don’t know where I’d go, but I know I wouldn’t be able to see the girl that I was falling in love with, and just walk past her without a single hello or anything like that. I was giving her five minutes, and if she didn’t come, I was leaving. My sister already knew my plan, and argued about it, but I didn’t answer her back and walked out of my room with my bags in my hands. I looked at my cell and sighed. One minute left until my fate was going to be decided. I counted down the seconds until the time was up.
“Three..two..one..” I counted aloud. I looked around to see if she would have came, but she didn’t. I sighed as I stood up and started walking to my truck. I wondered if Sam was going to even miss me. I knew Kate would, but it didn’t matter now. I was getting out of her life forever. I opened my truck door, and got in the driver’s seat. I took one last glance around to see if she maybe would have came, but to my dismay, she didn’t. I closed the door and started driving. I had driven a really good distance. My sister called my cell twice and asked me to stay. I told her a simple no and finally decided to turn my cell off. I looked at me surroundings to see where I was at. I had about ten more miles until I was officially out of New York forever. I looked in my rearview mirror to see if they had any cars behind me, and there she was. I blinked a few times, thinking it was an illusion of my mind, and looked back. She was still there, and she was running after me. I stopped the car and just sat there for a few seconds. I had to let this all sink in.
“Maybe she does love me..” I thought. I got out the truck and stood there looking at her. She was still running towards me. I slightly smiled as she stopped running and smiled at me. After a few seconds of us just smiling and looking at each other, she ran to me, almost tackling me in a hug.

“Um.. Hey..” I said shyly. She looked at me and the smile on her face had faded.

“Why would you leave?” she asked as she looked into my eyes.

“I wasn’t technique leaving, I was just going for a small drive in New York,” I lied, hoping it would work. Sadly, I was wrong.

“Oh yes you were leaving! When I went to the park you weren’t there, so I went back to your house and Kate told me you were leaving,”

“Ugh.. Kate always has to open that damn little mouth of hers,” I muttered mainly to myself, but Sam heard.

She pulled away from the hug and looked at me. “Wait, you didn’t want me to know you were going to leave?” I shook my head and she looked confused and sad.

“W-why?” she stood there waiting for an answer.

“Sam, we both know that answer,” I said looking at her.

She still looked confused. “Well, maybe you should tell me cause right now I’m completely clueless.”

I sighed. “You hate me Sam. I know you do. You hate me for what happened and you will never be able to forgive me, and don’t deny it either.”

She looked at me like I was crazy. “Cade, I don’t hate you. I would never hate you!”

“But what about the k-” I tried to complain, but she interrupted me.

“Yeah, she kissed you, but why would I hate you for something she did? I love you way too much to hate you Cade!” she hugged me again and smiled.

“I love you too Sam,” she smiled more.

“Good now don’t ever leave me again, please!” she laughed slightly. “Don’t worry, I’ll never leave again. I promise,” I kissed her forehead and she smiled.

“I’m really glad to hear that,” I pulled away from the hug and wrapped my arm around her.

“How long have you been running?” She looked at me and sighed.

“When I had left your house I saw your truck and I started running then, good thing I was in track for two years,” I smirked.

“Why didn’t you just call my cell? I would have answered,” no I wouldn’t have, and I knew that!

“Kate told me you weren’t answering your cell,” she looked a little mad.

“I wasn’t answering when Kate called my cell. That doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t have answered when you called,” I couldn’t help but smile at the look on her face. She looked perfectly beautiful like always.

“Sorry..” I said softly. We were still hugging, and I was stroking my hand in her hair.

“What are you sorry for?” she looked up at me confused.

“For everything! I shouldn’t have left you,” I looked down at my feet because I was blushing from embarrassment.

“Don’t you dare be sorry! It is not your fault she kissed you,” I looked up at her, and quickly my eyes connected with her magnificent blue electric eyes, and she sighed. “Fine, you can be sorry.”

I smiled and asked, “Want to go back to Central Park?”

She smiled too. “Okay, or if you want to we can go back to my house and hang out.”

I thought for a second. “It doesn’t matter with me, your choice.”

“My house it is then!” she grinned as she skipped over to my truck, and got in the passenger seat. I watched her get in the truck, and walked got in on the driver’s side. I started the car and drove the long way back to her house, our hands intertwined together.