‹ Prequel: Hello Beautiful
Status: Active.

Always and Forever

Chapter Thirteen.

Two weeks later, Joe and Nick still haven’t spoken. It has been absolute hell for me because I’m basically stuck in between the two. I’ve tried to convince each of them that they should talk to each other but they’re both too darn stubborn.

“Nick, please, talk to him,” I said resting my head on his shoulder, “He’s your brother.”

“So, what,” he said as he shrugged, “He’s mad about something that I can’t control it’s not my fault.”

I sighed, “Will you at least try?” I asked him with a sad face, “For me.”

Nick sighed, “Yes, but only because I would do anything for you,” he said smiling down at me, “I love you.”

I smiled slightly, “I know, Nick,” I said to him, “I know.”

Later that night, I was sound asleep on Joe’s chest, or so I thought, when I was woken up by a soft kiss being planted on my lips. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Joe with a huge grin on is face, “Hey, baby,” he said quietly.

I smiled at him, “Hi,” I said pressing my lips against his, “What times is it?”

“One thirty,” he answered simply, “Come on, get up.”

I groaned, “It’s the middle of the night, can’t this wait until morning?” I asked him as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

He shook his head, “Nope,” he said with a smile, “Come on.”

I sat up in bed and stretched my arms out, “We can’t wake up Lundyn,” I said as I starred at Joe.

“Way ahead of you, baby,” he said to me, “Kevin is downstairs with Nina.”

I nodded simply, “Where are we going?” I asked him curiously as I began to put my hair up in a messy bun.

“Somewhere,” he said then he bent down and kissed my cheek, “Now, hurry up.”

I got dressed quick because Joe rushed me.

“I look like crap,” I said examining myself in the mirror, “Can’t we do this another day?”

Joe hugged me from behind and kissed my neck, “You can never look like crap,” he said looking at me through the mirror, “And, no, we can’t do this another day.”

I kissed his cheek and laugh, “Fine,” I said to him.

We made our way downstairs to see Kevin and Nina curled up on our couch, “You better be paying us to baby sit,” Kevin joked.

Joe rolled his eyes, “Your payment is staying in apartment,” he said to him, “We’ll be back later.”

“Yeah, after Joe is finished kidnapping me during the night,” I said as I laughed and looked at them.

“Good luck,” Kevin and Nina both said looking at Joe.

“With what?” I asked curiously.

Joe shot them a dirty look, grabbed my hand, pulled my out of the apartment, and into his car.

“Can you please tell me what in the world is going on?” I asked Joe as he drove.

He smiled at me, “You’ll see, baby,” he said, “It’s a surprise.”

I crossed my arms and sighed, “It better be a good one then,” I said to him as he laughed and then I shut my eyes, “I’m going to rest my eyes.”

Joe sighed, “No, you’re not, you’re going to stay awake with me,” he said to me, “Because if you don’t I’ll fall asleep at the wheel and we’ll die.”

My eyes shot open and I looked at him, “That’s not funny,” I said to him, “And with you driving that’s very likely.”

Twenty minutes later we were on the beach, “You brought your bathing suit, right?” he asked me as we got out of the car.

I was dumbfounded.

“What?” I asked him, “No, I don’t, and it’s cold out here, anyway, we’re not going swimming!”

He laughed, “I’m joking, baby,” he said as he opened up the trunk and pulled out a basket.

I looked at him strangely, “What is that for?” I asked him as I pointed at the basket.

“Food,” he said as he grabbed my hand and guided me onto the sand.

“You’re really crazy for coming out here in the middle of the night,” I said to him as I hugged his side, “It’s freezing out here.

He kissed my head and laughed as he wrapped his arms around my body, “Quit whining,” he said as he rubbed my back.

“I’m not whining,” I said as I frowned, “But we’re going to get sick.”

“It’s worth it,” he said to me, “I promise.”

“It’s really nice and quiet out here,” I said to him as we walked on shore, “Really peaceful.”

“I know, it sucks that the rest of the world can’t be like this,” Joe said resting his head against mine.

I nodded, “I know, but at least we can come here and relax whenever we want to,” I said to him, “Like at two thirty in the morning.”

Joe laughed, “Good point,” he said to me, “I wonder if Jaws is real.”

I busted into fits of giggles, “You’re such a retard, Joe,” I said to him as he grinned at me.

We walked along the beach for awhile until Joe came to a stop. He pulled out a blanket from the basket and laid it out and then placed the basket on top of it.

He placed his arms around me and kissed my neck gently.

I giggled to myself as I ran my fingers through his hair, “Now do you mind telling me what was so important that you had to get me out of bed?” I asked as I kissed his head.

He laughed, “Don’t you like being out here with me?” he asked curiously into my neck.

“I love being anywhere with you, babe,” I said honestly as I looked at him with a smile.

He grinned, “I love you,” he said as he looked back in to my eyes.

I pressed my lips against his, “I love you, too,” I said to him, “You know that.”

He placed his hands on my waist and pulled me against him, “I really really love you,” he said quietly as he rested his forehead against mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, “Me too,” I said to him as he kissed me again.

He then took a deep breath, “I’ve been working on what I’m about to say for about a week now and hopefully it comes out right,” he said as he began to kneel down, then he took my hands into his, and that’s when it hit me, “We’ve known each other our entire lives, you’ve been there for me through it all, before I was ever who I am, before the fame, you were there when I was just me. Before we ever started dating all I ever wanted to do was be with you and when we finally did get together I was so happy. I couldn’t picture living my life without you, you’re the only girl that has the ability to make me feel like I’m in Heaven here on Earth, and I don’t ever want that feeling to go away.”

By this time I had tears of joy streaming down my face, I watched Joe as he dug into his pocket and I couldn’t help but squeal, “Oh my god.”

This was it. He was going to propose. But I’m only nineteen, am I really ready to marry him? Is he the one I want to spend the rest of my life with? The one I want to grow old with? The answers to all of those questions were yes.

He looked up at me with a huge grin and opened up the tiny black velvet box which had the most beautiful diamond ring inside, “Baby, will you marry me?” he asked as he looked up at me.

I didn’t waste anytime, I tackled him onto the ground and placed a huge kiss onto his lips, “Yes, yes, a million times, yes!” I shouted enthusiastically as he laughed against my lips.

His hands found my waist and he kissed me back, “Thank god,” he said as his grip on me tightened.

Ten minutes after and intense make-out session we sat down on the blanket, “I can’t believe we’re engaged,” I said as I sat in between Joe’s legs and he pulled me against his stomach, “Can you?”

He buried his face into my neck, “Yes,” he said quietly, “I’ve wanted this for along time, I was just waiting for the perfect time to ask.”

I kissed his head, “Do you think we’re too young?” I asked him, “I mean, do you think we’re rushing into it.”

“I don’t,” he said surely, “Do you?”

I thought for a second and then I shook my head, “If you’re sure then I’m sure,” I said as I smiled at him.

“Now, all we have to do is start working on our family,” he said in an enthusiastic tone.

I laughed lightly, “Lets get married first and then we’ll start worrying about all of that jazz later,” I said to him.

He groaned, “Why not now?” he whined.

“Because Joe, be patient, we have plenty of time,” I said to him as I rubbed the back of his neck.

He nodded, “I suppose you’re right,” he said as he pressed his lips against mine.

We stayed on the beach until the sun rose and then we headed back home. We walked into find Nina and Kevin sound asleep on the couch.

“Fire!” Joe shouted which made Kevin and Nina shoot up from their comfortable position.

“What! Where!” Kevin shouted worriedly.

Joe then laughed as I smacked him, “He was just kidding,” I said to him.

Nina groaned, “That wasn’t funny!” she said glaring at Joe and then she smiled at him, “Did you ask her? Did she accept?”

Kevin then grinned also, “Yeah, what happened, bro?” he said as he grinned at Joe, “You engaged?”

Joe then nodded his head furiously, “Yes, we’re engaged!” he practically shouted.

Nina and Kevin tackled us with hugs and congratulations.

“Make me an uncle soon,” Kevin joked.

Joe nodded, “Oh, believe me, I plan on it,” he said as he smiled at me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are greatly appreciated.