I'm Not Okay Without You

Getting Rid Of Ally

Chapter 21
Frank’s P.O.V.

“Frank, you got some anger problems,” Gerard said as soon as he saw how messy the place was.
“Yeah, a bit,” I replied, shrugging.
“Why?” he asked. Fuck, think of something quick, Frank. Think, damn it, think!
“’Cause Ally wants to marry me.” Brilliant, Frank, just brilliant.
“What?” he said in a what-the-fuck-are-you-talking-about voice. “So… do you want to marry her?” he asked carefully.
“Hell no,” I said easily. “Why do you think my house is messed up?”
“That would make sense,” he said thoughtfully. “Frank, listen to this,” he said after a moment, handing me his cell-phone.
“Okay,” I said, taking the phone and putting it up to my ear. Ally’s voice immediately followed.
Hey Gerard. It’s me, Ally. I want you to know to leave Frank alone. He doesn’t like you anymore; he loves me and were gonna get married. I see the way you looked at him last night. If you get in my way I will hurt you. Again, Frank hates you and he doesn’t want anything to do with you. So stay away from him.
I was shocked. “Why does she think we’re getting married?” I practically yelled, angry. “I never asked her!”
“Okay… so, do you really hate me?” Gerard asked, a curious fear in his eyes.
“No, Gerard, I don’t hate you,” I replied. “I could never hate you.”
“Okay, good,” he said, sounding relieved.
“Why would you ask that?”
“Um… ‘Cause after we weren’t together anymore you sort of avoided me. So that’s why I thought it,” he answered.
“Gerard… I wasn’t avoiding you… You were avoiding me,” I said, almost cautiously.
“What? How could I be doing that? Frank… you meant everything to me.” That meant a lot. I almost started to cry.
“I called you and you never answered.” This was true. I had called him numerous times to apologize and ask him if he would get back together with me… and tell the world about us.
“My phone never rang,” he said, positive of himself.
“I called you. I know I did,” I said, more positive of myself than he was of himself.
“Frank, I have to tell you something,” Gerard said after a moment of silence. I felt my heart leap up into my throat.
“What’s that?” I asked, almost stumbling on the words.
“I--” The doorbell rang just then. Damn to the depths of hell whoever invented doorbells.
“Hold on,” I sighed, standing and crossing over to the door. It opened to reveal none other than the notorious slut I call my girlfriend. “Oh, um, hey, Ally. Need something?” I asked, scratching the back of my head.
“Hi, honey!” she practically squealed. I gulped slightly. This was going to be a hell of a long day if I let her talk to me, that much I knew for sure. “I came over so we could talk like you promised last night!” she said, giggling. God… what, did she think I was going to propose to her? “Can I come in?” she asked, craning her neck over my shoulder to try and see into the room.
“Uh, you know, babe, the place is a mess and I was planning on cleaning it up today. Besides, I promised the guys I’d come hang out with them later on, so I really can’t talk right now,” I said, hoping to some higher entity that she’d just go away.
“Nonsense. You promised we’d talk today. You’re not going back on your word, are you?” She pouted in what she must have thought was a cute or sexy way. I just made me even less keen on letting her in.
“Hon, I’m telling you, the place is trashed. I threw a party a couple nights back and—“
“You threw a party without me?” she exclaimed, shocked.
“Well it was just me and the guys—“
“I can’t believe you would do that to me!”
“But--!”
“Look, Frank, next time you need to tell me you’re going to throw a party! I’m always supposed to be at them. I’m your girlfriend!” She was going completely mental. What is wrong with this woman!
“Okay, Ally, I’m sorry. It was just the guys and me and we had some beer and things got a little messy. It’s nothing to worry about, hon. I’d never cheat on you,” I lied.
“Alright,” she said, sniffling. “So… can I come in, then?” Oh, goddamn it.
“No, Ally, you can’t come in because I have cleaning to do and I really just want a day to myself,” I said in a stern, fatherly voice.
“But Frank—“ she whined.
“No, Ally. I’m busy.” She kept craning her neck and shifting her weight to see the inside of the house, but I just kept moving in front of her.
“You’ve got another girl in there with you, don’t you?” she exclaimed, pointing an accusing finger at my chest.
“No, I don’t.”
“Then why won’t you let me in?”
“I already told you! The place is a mess!”
“Oh, just let me in. I’ll only stay for a second.”
“No, Ally.”
“Come on!”
“No.”
“Frank!”
“Goddamn it, Ally, I said no!” She stared at me for a moment, then began willing tears into her eyes.
“I can’t believe you’re doing this to me!” she screeched, pushing me back into the apartment slightly before turning and running out to her car.
“Ally,” I called after her. “Ally!” She got in her car and drove off without so much as looking back.
“Aw, fuck it all to hell,” I muttered, shutting the door.