I'm Not Okay Without You

Ally's Threat!

Chapter 24
Frank’s POV

Gerard’s phone rang after our short kiss. He looked at the display before telling me to “hold on one sec” and standing up.
“Hello?” he said into the receiver. Obviously, I couldn’t hear what whoever was on the other line was saying, but Gerard proceeded to talk. “…Not much, just hanging out with Frank right now. …Maybe. …Well, you and me are over. Thanks for helping me get Frank jealous. It totally worked.”
“Hey!” I said indignantly from my place on the bed.
“Oops. Sorry,” Gerard said, grinning at me before turning back to the phone. “…Sort of. We were just kissing, not much. …Kay thanks, bye.” He hung up.
“Okay, sorry ‘bout that,” he said, turning back to me.
“Was that Seidee?” I asked.
“Yeah, and she’s happy we did what we did.”
I grinned. “Oh, okay.”
“Now where were we?” Gerard asked, smiling.
I walked toward him, saying, “Right about here,” before pulling him down to connect our lips. They never made contact, unfortunately, because my phone decided to take its turn ringing.
“Ahh, hold on,” I said, checking the display quickly and seeing it was Ally. I decided to walk out of the room to talk to her.
“Hello?”
“Hey, babe! Are you done cleaning your apartment yet? I hope you got that fag Gerard out of your place. Can we go somewhere tonight? I was thinking of going to dinner and a movie and then maybe we can come back to my place for a little… unadulterated fun.” She said all this in one breath. I could barely make out what she was saying she was talking so fast.
“Um… Look, Ally… I’m kind of busy today and—“
“Oh, so you’re not done cleaning your apartment? That’s fine as long as Gerard left already. Just call me when you get done and we can go somewhere, okay?” she asked. I knew she was about to hang up; she never says, “bye.” It’s just an end statement followed by a dial tone.
“Wait, Ally! I wasn’t done!” I said quickly, just barely getting her to hear me before she hung up.
“Yeah?”
“Look,” I began, “I just made… contact with an old crush, and we decided to give it another go and… Well, the truth of the matter is… I think we need to take a break.”
“Are you breaking up with me, Frank?!” she screeched. I held the phone away from my ear, almost positive Gerard could hear her.
“Yeah,” I said bluntly.
“WHAT?! WHO IS SHE, FRANK?! IS IT THAT WHORE JAMIA?!”
“No, it’s not Jamia, and I don’t feel comfortable telling you who he is.” Shit… did I just say “he”?
“DID YOU JUST SAY ‘HE’?! I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU’RE DUMPING ME FOR A GUY!”
“Well, he is prettier than you,” I shot at her.
“WHAT?! You know what, Frank? You can’t dump someone if they’ve already dumped you! We’re finished, Frank, you hear me?”
“Yeah, I hear you,” I muttered.
Ally screamed, “AND IF I FIND OUT YOUR BOYFRIEND IS GERARD I WILL PERSONALLY KILL THE BOTH OF YOU, FAGGOT!” before hanging up on me. I shook my head and hung up, walking back into my room.
“Who was that?” Gerard asked from his place on my bed.
“Ally,” I answered, shrugging and throwing my phone onto the dresser.
“What did she say?”
“Nothing really. She just hung up on me,” I said, deciding her little death threat wasn’t worth worrying Gerard over.
“Why?” he asked curiously.
“’Cause I broke up with her,” I said matter-of-factly.
“Oh really?” he said, smiling. He stood and kissed me again.