I'm Not Okay Without You

The Dream

Chapter 31
Frank’s POV

“Frank…” a voice echoed around. I glanced around the dimly lit hallway I was now in. Strangely, it felt like I had been there for a long time; like this was where I belong, alone, unchanged; in the dark and scared.
“Frank…” it said again. I made my way blindly toward where it was coming from, feeling along the wall for support. There was an evil sounding laugh, followed by my name for a third time. I was right by a door that was slightly ajar, letting white light through the hall. Well, now I know where the light was coming from. Upon entering the room I saw Ally… and Gerard. Gee was sitting on a chair, gagged and tied down.
“Ah, Frank, you’re finally here,” Ally said, turning and smiling at me. Gerard was making unintelligible “mmph!” noises that I assumed meant, “Get out!” by how wide and scared his eyes were. I stepped toward Ally, into the too-bright room. All the walls were hospital white. Ally was wearing what looked like a nurse’s outfit and had medical tools on a silver freestanding tray she was standing next to. The tools were all sharp, I noticed, which isn’t good, as Gerard is afraid of sharp objects. Especially needles… and there were at least three needles.
“Don’t touch him,” I whispered, taking another step. Ally just smiled at me, grabbing one of the syringes off the metallic plate and sticking the pointed end into a little jar, pulling the pump back to extract the clear liquid. She then sidestepped the tray and walked toward Gerard.
“No, don’t touch him!” I screamed, trying to get at Ally. Something was keeping me back, though. It felt like hundreds of arms were holding me back.
“I’ll kill you, I swear I will,” I growled, twisting away from whatever was keeping me away. I could feel my feet sliding against the ground and the scene was getting farther away from me, just a white light in the distance. I continued struggling, yelling in aggravation as I twisted away from whatever was dragging me back. Finally, something gave and I was tripping forward, stumbling and running as fast as I could. Just as I got back to where I could see the room clearly I saw Ally put the needle dangerously close to Gerard’s arm while Gee writhed in his seat.
“Get away!” I screamed desperately, trying to get to Ally before—Gerard’s scream pierced the air as she stuck the needle directly into his vein.
“No!” I tried to scream, but my voice had left. Dropping to my knees, I began crying into my hands. Gerard was gone. He was gone and I was too late to save him. It was all my fault… all my fault… it’s all my fault…
“Frank, wake up, babe,” I heard Gerard’s voice whisper in my ear. Something was moving my hair around. I opened my eyes and blinked against the sudden brightness. Gerard’s face swam into vision.
“Hey,” he said, smiling groggily.
“Hey,” I replied, not being able to think of anything else to say.
“You know,” Gerard began, “you were squeezing me.”
“Oh…” I said, not really knowing what to say as a blush crept up my cheeks. “Sorry.”
“It’s okay,” Gee replied easily, giving me another one of his heart-stopping smiles.
“So, Gerard…” I began. So I knew all that was a dream, and I knew that if we didn’t get away soon, Ally was going to rip us apart.
“This is kind of bothering me,” I began again, not really sure how to say it. “But… now that you’re better are we going to move… or no?”
“Oh,” Gerard said, as if surprised. “Um… If you want to.”
“Well… I don’t know. I haven’t seen Ally at all so I think we can stay,” I said, shrugging slightly.
“Okay, that’s fine,” he said, sighing. It was obvious something was wrong.
“What’s wrong?” I asked.
“Nothing,” he replied, standing abruptly. He practically ran out of the room and into the kitchen. I followed him, though much less slowly, and stood really close to Gerard, watching him making coffee. Gerard turned around and jumped about ten feet.
“God, Frank,” he said, fear apparent in his eyes.
“Oops. Sorry,” I said, though I was laughing at him.
“Not funny,” he said, glaring at me.
“Yes it was,” I replied matter-of-factly. The coffee maker thingy beeped.
“Coffee!” I squealed, grabbing for the pot. I poured us both out a cup and handed Gee his.
“Thanks,” he said, taking the cup from me.
“You’re welcome,” I replied, drinking some of mine. Gerard’s eyes glazed over and he looked like he was thinking about something unpleasant.
“Woe, what’s wrong?” I asked, watching his expression carefully.
“Nothing. Just bored with this town,” he replied, shrugging slightly.
“Me too,” I said, nodding. Then a thought struck me. “But we can always find things to do,” I added, grinning suggestively and wiggling my eyebrows.
“Oooh, Frankie you naughty boy,” Gerard said grinning.
“What I was saying was we can torture the guys,” I said in the most serious voice I could muster, fighting to keep the grin off my face. God, it was fun messing with him.
“Oh,” he said in a dully disappointed tone.
“Just kidding, babe,” I said, kissing him on the cheek. “Of course we can do what you thought I was saying. That’s what I meant.” Gerard brightened up at that and smiled.
“But let’s finish our coffee first,” I added seriously. I need my caffeine.
“Frank!” Gerard whined, tugging at the top of my pants. I groaned slightly at the friction it caused.
“Just one cup!” I whined back.
Gerard leaned in close to my ear and whispered in his most seductive voice, “But just think what we could be doing right now,” and brushed his hand over the crotch of my jeans for good measure. I nearly spit out my coffee at the movement over my hardening member.
“Uhn…” I said intelligently, swallowing my coffee and setting my mug down so Gerard could lead me up the stairs.