I'm Not Okay Without You

Take That As A Warning

Chapter 36
Frank’s POV

A few days after Gee woke up he got out of the hospital. I went over to my house to clean up a little bit and get some clothes after I dropped him at his house.(The Fire department fixed my house up after the fire) We were going to start touring soon anyway, so I figured packing early wouldn’t hurt. Our houses were pretty close together, so I decided to walk. It took a while, but my house was finally clean[ish] and I had my bag packed, so I walked back toward Gerard’s house. When it came into view, I saw that someone was standing in the doorway.
“Ally, what the fuck are you doing here?” I bit out, recognizing her.
“I’m here to get you,” she said simply, beginning to walk toward me. An involuntary shudder ran up my spine and I took a step away from her. A gunshot rang out and my heart stopped. Ally stopped walking, panic rising in her eyes. There was the sound of a bullet wising past and then glass shattering. I looked behind me and noticed the house across the street’s window was broken. Then I looked past Ally and saw Gerard holding a gun and pointing it at her, slowly fading panic in his eyes.
“So you do have the strength to try and kill me,” Ally said, turning to look at Gerard with a smirk.
“More than you know,” he half whispered, a glare tinting his eyes. Totally ignoring Ally’s presence, I walked to Gerard and wrapped my arms around him. He was obviously surprised, because he stiffened beneath my touch.
“Gerard, we don’t have to do it this way,” I whispered soothingly in his ear.
“Why not?” he said, voice shaking slightly. “She’ll get her way if she doesn’t die.”
“We don’t have to do anything,” I murmured, rubbing his back lightly. “We can go away and have someone else do it. I don’t want either of us going to jail because of this bitch.”
“Fine,” he relented, his arm lowering.
“Ally, get the hell off our property and take that shot as a warning. Next time it might not miss,” I warned her, turning to see her.
“Sure,” she replied, shrugging. She then walked away. Gerard and I went back inside and locked the door. He was shaking slightly as he sunk down onto the couch, staring at the gun in his hand. I sat beside him, gently putting my arm around his shoulders.
“Babe, it’ll be okay,” I whispered, pulling him into a hug.
“Frank,” he said so softly I could hardly hear him. “What are we going to do?” His voice was shaking like he was about to cry. I tightened my grip on him as he put his head to my chest.
“I don’t know, babe. I don’t know…”