Status: starting fresh...oh no

Where Did You Go?

She Never Knows When Its Raining

I ran my hand through my tangled chocolate locks. They fell over my shoulders in soft waves, tickling my neck a bit. I let out a deep breath and I saw it escape between my chapped lips. I rubbed my hands together, relishing every bit of warmth I could get.

I planted my but on the ground and could easily feel the cold through my jeans. I ignored it though. Complaining would get me no where. There was no one around to hear and I surely wasn’t about to start talking to myself. One thing I still have is my sanity.

Hours, minutes, or maybe even just seconds passed by but I didn’t care. I just waited. I sat there waiting. For what, you may ask. At that time, I honestly didn’t know what I was waiting for.

Before I go on with this though, I think I need to do some explaining. So let me take you back a couple of months ago when my life changed, once again.

“Lexi!” My brother’s friend exclaimed as he ran towards me. Where he got the nickname for me is still unknown.

“Pat!” I exclaimed as I wrapped my arms around him.

“Don’t go!” he said, squeezing me harder. “I am going to miss you and Kennedy is going to bully me with you gone!”

“I have to go Pat!” I said as I tried to loosen his grip in vain. “I need to earn a living a somehow and I’ll check on you and Kennedy to make sure he won’t bully you.”

“Let her go Pat. It is my turn.” Kennedy said, hitting Pat on his head. “She has to leave soon.”

“See my point!” Pat exclaimed as he released his grip.

I could merely shrug before Kennedy enveloped me in a hug. I tried my best to move my arms to hug him back but they were trapped.

“I am going to miss you Mar,” Kennedy said softly before letting me go.

“Boo!” Someone whispered from behind me, sending me flying.

“Relax Mara, it’s just me.” Jared said in between his laughs.

“That wasn’t funny!” I said as I wrapped my arms around me.

“Aw, I am sorry.” He replied as he wrapped his arms around me but I still caught a glimpse of the smirk that was gracing his features.

I returned the hug and not long after I was lifted in the air.

“Don’t go Mara!!” Garrett exclaimed as he spun me around.

“I have to!” I said dramatically. “Now put me down before I puke all over.”

My feet touched the ground but I was soon in another tight embrace. I returned it and this time, gave it my all.

“Ouch,” Garrett said as he let go.

He glared at me while all I did was stick my tongue out at him.

“I don’t get why you guys are being so dramatic. I am only going to be gone for a weekend.” I said.

“Really?” Kennedy asked from his spot on the couch.

“Yeah. why? What did you guys think?” I asked them with an arched brow.

“I thought you were leaving for a month or something.” Jared said.

“Nope, just for the weekend to visit my boys.” I said with a sly smile.

“Hey! Aren’t we your boys too?” Pat exclaimed from his spot on the floor.

“Yeah, you are Pat.” I said as I sat down beside him. “I meant to visit my East Coast boys.”

“In that case, I won’t miss you as much.” Kennedy said.

“I second that!” Jared yelled.

“Third!” Pat followed.

“Fourth!” Garrett said, joining in.

“Ouch, fine. I see I won’t be missed here, even by my own brother.” I said with two coughs for more emphasize.

Garrett simply stuck out his tongue at me before grabbing the controller from Jared and joining in the game of Halo.

“I am going to miss you.” A voice from the doorway said. “Even if you’ll only be gone for two days.”

“Really?” I asked as I stepped into his welcoming arms.

“Yeah, I will.” He said as he wrapped his arms around me and kissed my forehead.

“Good, and just so you know, I am going to be gone for three days not two.” I said as I rested my head on his chest.

“Aw man, are you serious?” he asked.

“Yeah John, I am coming back on Monday.” I re-informed him.

“You are going to leave me alone…with them.” He said pointing to the rest of his bandmates.

“We can hear you!” Pat exclaimed.

“I know!” John yelled back before rushing me to the door. “Anyway, we better go if you want to make your flight.”

“Getting rid of me already?” I asked, teasingly. I waved one last quick good bye before John had me out of the door. “I thought you were going to miss me.”

“Yeah, I will but I can only miss you if you are gone.” He replied, picking up my bag.

“What are you trying to hide O’Callaghan? Do you have some hot date in a while?” I asked as we got into his car.

“Yeah I do actually. Her name is Ashley and…” John started but trailed off after he saw my expression. “I am kidding Mar. the only girl I want to go out on a date with is leaving me for four guys on the other side of the country.”

“I wonder who that girl is.” I said as I tapped my finger against my chin. “She must be very unlucky.”

“Hardy-har-har.” John said then focused on driving.

We eventually arrived at the airport. I gave a hurried kiss to John before rushing through the crowded area. Despite the fact that I had left so early, I arrived so late that my plane would soon be boarding.

I am always late. Why?
♠ ♠ ♠
it's crap, i know.
it's just the start.
please bear with me.