You Hold Your Dreams In Your Own Two Hands.

The Appreciation of Life.

I could hear light beeps, still really soft. I blinked my eyes open slightly but they didn’t want to stay that way. Darkness came and went as I tried focusing my eyes. I groaned at the pain that throbbed throughout my head. Suddenly the feeling of someone holding my hand tightly struck me, and I finally kept my eyes open and focused on her face. She was crying, with make up and dirt smudged everywhere.

“You can never scare me like that again,” she choked.

“I told you I’d never leave you; you have to have faith in me.” I laughed groggily. The pain in my throat felt like I hadn’t spoken, or even breathed for days.

Emily stood by the other side of his bed, looking as if she were shocked that he hadn’t died. Surprised, but loving. “Cal, your heart stopped, but you’re alive? What. The. Fuck.”

Brooke and I both choked out a small laugh.

“On a lighter note, I made two new friends today.” Brooke grinned.

“I’m in hospital, dying, and you’re out making friends?” I mused, “Thanks.”

“Sorry, but we needed decent coffee,” she smirked, “but one of these new friends, was Kevin Jonas.”

“Faggot what?” I smiled.

“If you were really dying, you wouldn’t be so funny.” Emily said sarcastically, “Kevin Jonas? For real?”

“For real.” Brooke smiled in agreement, “When are you seeing Jensen by the way?”

“He told me to call him when Cal got out of hospital.” Emily smiled in excitement.

“Patient in need here,” I grumbled.

“Sorry darling,” Brooke said sympathetically while Emily laughed and went to sit down. “What do you need?” Brooke asked.

“Drugs, please. My head is killing me.” I whined as she left to find a nurse.

Life felt good. After having the life beaten out of me, my heart stopping, and finding whatever reason to live - the appreciation was much higher.
♠ ♠ ♠
really short.
I owe Steff, though. Apparently.

... there's your writing that's not for Deon -__-'
hahaha.