Maybe Fate Was Wrong

1

Ben wandered round the forest again, his life was lonely but he regretted nothing. The thought of killing another human was something the young man could never even consider. Yet calling him a man was not entirely correct. He was not a man and had not been for years, his manhood was something he had all but forgotten. All he remembered was his pain.

He smelt something, another of his kind, his first thought was too run, he knew it was always awkward between him and the others with his inability to kill but they were faster then he was, his strength had never been physical. Instead he had an amazing brain, it was something that even other vampires had envied, smarter then most and smart enough to use it to his advantage.

“Who are you?” a voice growled, he spun to face the man who spoke. He stood proud, a look of concentration on his face. This man was Edward Cullen, he was tall, dark and muscular. His bronzed hair was windswept showing his beauty, the beauty that came from being dead. And his mate, she was equally as beautiful, long hair sweeping away in the wind, defined cheek bones, every once perfection and yet Ben was not impressed, he had seen many people affected in such a way, he knew the beauty was only a cover for the monster bellow the skin.

“I did not know this land was claimed for.” Ben spoke clearly, knowing that if he wasn’t careful anything could happen to him. “I only hunt animals, and, in a few days I will be gone.” he wasn’t sure what reaction to expect, but it wasn’t this. The couple softened and looked at the man in front of him. His hair was ruff in a stylish way, his body ripped with muscles and covered in tattoos and yet in a strange way he was every bit as beautiful as them.

“He’s telling the truth Bella.” the man spoke, his voice musical and low, both him and his mate dropped their guards. “As long as you are careful we do not care how long you stay.” he continued, Ben nodded in thanks. The couple walked away and left Ben confused, they had not laughed or told him to stay away, they had welcomed his difference.

Edward looked at the girl next to him as they raced towards their parents house, eager to share the news of a vampire who shared their views, Edward was faster then Bella now she had used all the extra energy of her remaining human blood but Edward would not leave her side, paranoid that any move could hurt her, not forgetting her comical movements in her past life, the way she couldn’t walk without falling or bumping into the things everyone else managed to avoid, including to his annoyance vampires and werewolves.

They arrived at the house quickly, Alice waiting for them, her face beaming at them. Her head screaming thoughts at Edward all at the same time. Her small pixie like face and short hair, that flicked in everyway but the way it should, was even more defined by her grace and her singing like speech.

“Yes.” he finally told her. “There is a vampire in the woods that will not kill a human, he is on his own and appears to be no harm, he knows nothing of us and does not care for joining any family because he says there is no one like him. Now stop thinking at me.” he told her, her face smiled as she skipped away leaving Edward to find his father to share his thoughts while Bella ran with Alice for their regular gossip.

Meanwhile Ben carried on searching, he knew something was different about this couple, he didn’t even know what he was searching for now, he wasn’t hungry, he wasn’t interested in killing for fun, but he was still lonely, and that couple, how in love they were, it oozed off them, had made him see this yet again.