Maybe Fate Was Wrong

10

Edward glared at Carlisle who was currently imaging a wall as he led him into the room with the girl in. He hadn’t told him anything except that he wanted to know who the mother of the girl was; he hadn’t wanted to agree but didn’t want to go against his father, and that seemed to be the stronger side.

He sighed reluctantly as he sat down in the chair beside the girl’s bed.

“We don’t want to scare but you but we want to know some things about your mother, to see if we can help.” Carlisle told her, the panic was obvious to their strong ears, her heart had increased dramatically and their noses detected sweat.

“Well she is not very nice.” She said stubbornly, blatantly not wanting to talk about it anymore than she already had. But those few moments had been enough; the image of the woman was imprinted on Edward’s brain. They looked similar, except for the fact that her mother was darker, not only her hair but her skin and eyes, they were almost black, like a starved vampire who was craving blood.

Edward stood up and slowly walked out the room, he carried on walking until he had got to Ben, who he glared at, however he took the paper off him and drew the woman perfectly, except for a few mistakes that human’s eyes would not pick up.

Ben stared at the picture for a while and imagined a wall over his thoughts and felt the annoyance roll off of Edward, hiding his smirk behind the image, his heart moved at the sight of her and but he knew why that was happening, she must look like her daughter. He looked up to see the sight of Edward’s bronze hair, moving around the room.

“What are you doing?” Ben asked, Edward stopped and stared at him, he was getting fed up of not hearing what Ben was thinking.

“I’m making sure no one knows you were here.” He said, with a hand full of things that Ben may or may not have touched.

“Yes.” Ben said, annoying Edward even more, why was he agreeing with him? “That could be very helpful in the end.” He finished, going round the room, not as fast as Edward but still fast.

“The end of what?” Edward asked suspiciously, watching as Ben finally stood still, with a few things that Edward had forgotten.

“The end of all this, the girl’s misery, the end of us in forks, the end of the things that might change.” He said, walking away.