Maybe Fate Was Wrong

11

Edward caught a glimpse of Chloe’s mother being destroyed, torn to pieces viscously by Ben, being burnt alive and screaming in pure agony, being cut open slowly, her deep red blood pouring onto the floor at a less then human pace.

“You can’t kill her.” He shouted, standing up so quick that the table and all its contents pour over the floor and clank loudly.

“I won’t.” Ben whispered, however the torture was still running through his mind, getting slowly more violent each time he began thinking of them. “I want to, you can see how much I want too, but I won’t, I promised your father I won’t hurt the woman.” He was almost spitting the words but he meant it.

“Do you want me too help you?” Edward asked, for once he actually wanted to help Ben, he could tell now that Ben would be no danger to them now, but he also remembered how hard it was to cope with having your singer around, and too have someone wanting to hurt them.

“Thank you.” Ben said, nodding his head, they walked out of the hospital together at a human pace until they got to Edward’s car. Edward slipped into the drivers seat and they sped away to get to the house. That was an advantage of living in a small town, everyone knew where everyone else lived. They stopped outside the house and nodded at each other.

Everything they did happened, to human eyes, in perfect sync.

They stepped out of the car and walked up to the front door and knocked it harsh enough to get attention. They looked at each other and then pushed the door open and walked into the house. They could hear movement upstairs and they leapt for the stairs and ran up them speedily.

Within seconds they were standing face to face with the girl’s mother. They glared at each other, Edward listening to her thoughts about him, rather disgusted, but then Ben tackled her, easily over powering her body and tying her up, bounding her body and resisting the urge to destroy her completely. He carried her out to the car and put her in the boot of the car, Edward taking his position at the driver’s seat.

“Your doing all this.” He laughed, looking at Ben, who was no longer covering his thoughts up. “And you haven’t even met her yet.”

“I don’t need to, I saw her in a dream and I knew, I knew I would love her with every small piece of my soul.” He told Edward.

“So what’s your power?” Edward asked him, he knew that Ben knew his but he was becoming confused about Ben’s.

“I’m smart, even for a vampire, a lot smarter then most of them. But I have, kind of like dreams, and I see things that tend to happen. I saw you guys and found out everything I could about you. And then I saw Carlisle with her, and she is beautiful, the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.” He sighed, his heart strings pulling at him, telling him to go to the hospital.