Maybe Fate Was Wrong

13

The car jerked down an abandoned road, and another one and another until they were finally convinced that there was no one else around, they stopped and got out of the car, Ben breathing in gallons of unnecessary air, and felt dizzy for a while, but it passed and he walked to the back of the car where Edward was standing him, watching him, noting every move that he made.

“You don’t have be a part of this you know.” He said, talking back in his quiet vampire voice. He could see the pain at destroying the mother, wanting to kill her for what she had done and yet knowing she looked so much like her daughter. This was a torture to Ben, the kind of torture that can send a man crazy and push a vampire over the edge.

“Yes, I do, I know I do.” He said, his voice lower then Edward, struggling to keep the composure he had kept before, he was humming a tune that made Edward think he was crazy after all. “My mum, use to hum me this when she wanted me to calm down.” He whispered, feeling the need to completely break down, and yet knowing he couldn’t, he was only a vampire after all.

And so they both picked the woman up and put her gently on the ground, sand rolling in the air around her body, drowning them in a spray of grains. She coughed, a harsh smokers cough, Ben had one before he had turned into a vampire, but poison had changed so much that he no longer knew what it felt like to have such a damning problem.

Edward easily picked her up and took her away from Ben, shooting him a look and humming the tune he had been humming, Edward had always had a way of remembering music, even when he was human, when he had first learned to play the piano at such a young age.

Edward looked into the woman’s eyes and spat on her, in a way he had seen on one of those films that Emmet had loved to make him watch. And he heard her whimper in fear and laughed, he was going crazy himself now.

Ben ran and pushed her down to the ground, finding his teeth drawing out slightly as the hate flooded through. He ripped at her and tore her shirt apart, hearing her scream. Edward pulled him away as his claws started digging into his skin.

“You said you wouldn’t kill her.” He said, holding him with all his strength.

“I wont, I will just hurt her a lot.” He shouted, pushing with force.

“She’s bleeding.” Edward said, fear and venom flooded through him, he wanted to eat her now. But Ben was quicker; he got to her, taking advantage of Edwards’s weakness. Cutting the girl more and then sitting in the car patiently waiting for Edward.