Maybe Fate Was Wrong

15

They were wrong.

It was ten years before Ben returned to Forks. In this ten years Chloe and her daughter, named Alice for a reason she couldn’t remember, had grown strong together, they flourished together now that there was nothing to be scared of, Ban was proud of this when he did return.

The Cullen’s had left, they moved to England where there is no sun and it always rains. Ben hadn’t left America so he did not see them; he had a feeling he wouldn’t.

He had arrived at the hospital at the dead of night, he had done well to get the job there, he took it as fate being nice to him, his second chance to make himself a life with his singer. The nurses and doctors welcomed him, admired him from afar but kept a close eye on him for a while; they did not like strangers much.

When he knew they were not watching, they wouldn’t have seen anyway, he found out everything about Chloe that he could. As soon as his shift was over, when he should have been pretending to sleep and not letting himself been sleep, he went to the house she lived, he sat in his car outside and pretending to read the paper and listening to the house.

Chloe and Alice were the only ones in the house; he hoped there would be no one else. After a while he decided that he was ready to try and talk to her, he pushed himself out of his car in the manliest way he could. He marched up to the door and banged on the door as humanly way he could.

“One sec.” she shouted, his metaphorical heart jumped at her speech and for a split second he thought about turning back. She smiled as she opened the door, her eyes locking into mine, I couldn’t move, I held my breath, couldn’t think, couldn’t do anything but focus on her eyes. “Come in.” her hand led out to mine as she said it and she pulled me slowly into her house. I didn’t think of asking her why she was doing this but followed her instead.

She sat down on one of the sofas and I sat down on the one opposite her, she was still smiling at me as she did. I couldn’t help but smile back at her.

“Are you a vampire?” she asked, leaning closer to me and giggling at me. I stared at her, my mouth hanging open, she only giggled more. “My mom, she dated a vampire, he wasn’t as beautiful as you, but you kind of glow.” She leant back and picked up her cup, it was strong coffee. “Why are you here?” she asked me, she looked content as she smelt the cup, not drinking anything out of it.

“Will it scare you if I tell you?” I whispered she shook her head; excitement was dancing in her eyes, I had never seen her look like that before. “I am chemically bound to love you, you’re blood is the most amazing smell in the world.”

“I’m not scared.” She whispered, she fidgeted slightly though, something in her eyes told me that she was, but her smile. Her smile told me everything was going to be ok.
♠ ♠ ♠
:)