Maybe Fate Was Wrong

8

Doctor Carlisle Cullen flipped open his phone and listened to his head nurse explain a situation so hurried that even he couldn’t work out what she was saying. He managed to calm her down and told the nurse he would be there as soon as he could.

“Edward, come with me, I need to go the hospital.” He said, everyone stared at him but didn’t ask, he wouldn’t be going if he didn’t think it was necessary. Edward nodded and saw Alice having a vision in his mind; she was seeing Ben finding his singer in a hospital bed, with Edward by his side and Carlisle holding a baby.

“Ben, you need to stay here.” He said, staring at Carlisle, who wanted to ask Ben to go with them.

“He could help; he may have seen something like this before.” Carlisle argued back.

“What when he drains her blood?” Edward shouted back, his daughter was happy here and he didn’t want to move again because of someone who hadn’t been part of the family more than a month. Carlisle nodded and the two of them went out to one of the faster cars and started the drive to the hospital at a human speed.

“Alice had a vision, once you decided to ask Ben to come, that he was going to find his singer on the maternity ward.” Edward explained. Carlisle sighed, he had thought over the idea of Ben finding his singer for a while and perhaps Edward was wrong to keep them apart. “Being on your own is affecting your brain.” Edward said, baking out a laugh. Carlisle let out a small laugh, maybe Edward was right but it shouldn’t be up to Edward.

Edward and Carlisle walked into the hospital, nodded and greeting people as they did, they walked straight over to the maternity ward were the nurse was waiting for them.

“Oh Carlisle, I don’t know what to do.” She started. “This girl, she said her mother abuses her, and the baby, she is so scared for that baby, but she was raped, that’s where the baby came from.” She finished, the nurse looked as if she was about to cry, she had never seen someone in such a bad situation.

“It’s ok; we will do everything we can.” Carlisle said, in the most soothing voice he could muster.