Maybe Fate Was Wrong

9

Carlisle mumbled to Edward, who was listening to him with one ear and contemplating insurance for his car with the other, it had started when he tried to work out who plaid the insurance on the girl, and then he remembered that his own insurance was coming to an end.

“Edward, this is series.” Carlisle said, he looked up and nodded.

“I know, but she is just a girl, what can we do to help her?” he questioned, there was nothing, especially not with Ben around.

“There’s got to be someone in this cursed town that will take her in.” Carlisle said his voice was dark, suddenly angry about what he was again; he hated not being able to help people when they actually needed it.

“And if they were in this town her mother would track her down.” Edward said just as darkly back, he wanted to help, but couldn’t understand Carlisle’s fixation with this girl, it was almost an uncomfortable desperation.

“What if her mother wasn’t here?” Ben asked from the door. Carlisle and Edward spun round and stared at him.

“Holding your breath won’t do anything.” Edward practically spat, this is where Bella was from and he didn’t want to have to move for a stranger.

“I simply asked a question.” He whispered in a low and gentle voice that would have turned any human into jelly on the spot.

“What are you suggesting?” Carlisle asked, dragging Ben out of the room and away from Edward, who was fuming at not being able to hear what was going on. Carlisle listened to Ben’s planned, and as he did his smile grew into something quite beautiful.

They nodded at the plan, however terrible it sounded; it was brilliant in an entirely different way that suited pretty much everyone involved. He knew it may cause a slight problem for the other vampires but Carlisle said they would be ok with out, he had a good feeling about everything.

He was one of the family now.