Status: One shot; completed.

So Much More

o1/o1

I wasn’t looking forward of moving into a new school. Hell, moving to another country was difficult! Maybe you’re gonna be all, “You’re soo lucky moving into another country. COUNTRY!” That was what I also thought at first, but I realized another country’s culture is different from ours, so I thought that this moving was gonna be hard.

First day at school.

Gosh.

Did you hear that? My heartbeat was racing so fast it was gonna speed out of the track!

The stares that the kids gave me when I just arrived made me super nervous. When I was just exited the car I turned around, about going to sit on the passenger seat again but my sister shoved me out. She slammed the door close and before I could reach the handle of the door, she sped away. Damn her.

I couldn’t turn back and go home. I only had one choice: be confident and do all I need to do so I won’t embarrass myself.

So I stepped into the building and did what I needed to do. Went to the admission, got my locker number and combination, text books, and my schedule. After stuffing my things into my new locker I read my schedule. First period: Visual Art. Hmm, this is gonna be fun. I hope.

I looked around and poked the nearest kid. He turned around and gave me a smile. I stopped breathing for a moment.

Friendlily, he asked, “Yep?”

“Umm, I need a direction…”

“Ohh, new kid, eh? Lemme see your schedule,” he held out his hand and I gave him my schedule. He read my schedule and returned it when he was done. “I’m terrible at explaining so I’m just gonna lead you there.”

“Really?” He nodded. “Gee, thanks!”

“No problem. Hey guys, I’m going now. See you later!” he said to his friends and we started walking. “So, what’s your name?”

“Alexis Peskins – call me Alex, I hate it when people call me Alexis.”

“John O’Callaghan. Just call me John. And if you’re gonna scream my name in front of many people, make sure you say John Oh ‘cos there are lots of kid named John here.”

I nodded in understatement as we continued walking.

“So where did you come from?” he asked.

“France.”

“NO WAY! That’s so rad! And why don’t I hear any accent in your pronunciation?”

“I can speak with American accent.”

“Too bad,” he pouted. Shit, he was so cute. And friendly. Few moments later we stopped. “Here it is, Visual Arts.”

“Gee, thanks John,” I grinned.

He shrugged. “No problem. Hey we should switch numbers!” He quickly snatched my sidekick I was holding and pressed several of buttons, and then returned it to me when he was done. “Text me before lunch so we can hang out together!” And he ran off.

Hm, hyper.

Lunch.

Finally.

I dashed off from my Algebra II class and went to the cafeteria. I couldn’t wait to meet John. He was amazing; we texted during our classes. Too bad we didn’t have any class together – it pretty much disappointed me. And during that texting-and-ditching-our-c
lasses, I knew a lot of things about him. Only in several hours.

I arrived at the cafeteria. My eyes were looking for John – why there were so many people?!

I finally saw him. He was sitting at the table in the corner near the window and looking around. I raised my hand and was about to call him when another girl came and hugged him and she got a kiss on the cheek.

First day of new school, first day of crushing, first day of crashing.

Well, he's nice and cute and friendly and all, no wonder he already has a girlfriend.

But that doesn't mean I quit on crushing on him.
♠ ♠ ♠
its for my lovely bitch nabila :)