Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Bounty Hunter

You woke up and found you were alone in Zuko’s bed; you sat up and rubbed your eyes. You yawned and stood up from his bed as your robe fell off. You grabbed it quickly and wrapped it around you, “My neck feels weird…” you touched the left of your collarbone and opened the door. You ran back to your room and walked inside.

“Hey Kara.” You waved and walked into the bathroom, you looked in the mirror you had and saw a small red mark on your neck, “What the hell!” you yelled, You got dressed and tried to get rid of it but the mark was staying. “Dammit… I haven’t gotten bitten by anything… what the hell is it?” you muttered, you grabbed a jacket and thrown that over your shoulders to hide it from anyone.

You walked out of your room and saw Iroh with Zuko, “Hello their Jack, have a nice sleep?” Iroh asked, “Yes… though my neck hurts a little…” you rubbed your collarbone and Zuko seemed to have a guilty face on him as he stood behind Iroh.

You all sat around a small table and had a drink of tea. “See Prince Zuko, a moment of quiet is good for your mental wellbeing.” Iroh smiled, he offered you some tea but you refused and smiled. The boat shook violently as Zuko was soaked with his drink; you bit your bottom lip suppressing a laugh, Zuko stormed out of the room and you all followed.

When you appeared on the deck you saw a woman riding a blind thing “Stay back, there’s a stowaway on this ship.” She said, “There are no stowaways on my ship.” Zuko said, her thing broken the floor of the ship and thrown it towards you, you were pulled out of the way by Zuko and looked up at him from the ground.

The thing put his head in the hole then a man came climbing out, the beast chased after the man as his tongue hit the back of his neck, you were shocked as the man was fully paralyzed. “He’s paralyzed.” Zuko said, “Only temporally, the toxins will wear off in about an hour.” The woman said, “But by then he’ll be in jail and I’ll have my money.” The woman said and got onto her mole-thing, “But how did you find him on my ship?” Zuko asked, “My Sheersho can smell a rat a continent away.” The woman patted her Sheersho and jumped on, “Well I’m impressed.” Iroh said, the woman whipped her ride and rode off.

“Very impressed.” Iroh stroked his beard; you looked at him weird as Zuko glared a little.

You went back to your room and looked at the mark on your neck. You rubbed it, the door was knocked, “Come in…” you called, you looked through the door and saw Zuko, “Over here…” you said, you saw him in the mirror as you looked at your neck, “What’s up?” he asked, “I think something has bitten me…” you said, Zuko saw the mark on your neck and saw he looked a little guilty, you looked at him suspiciously for a moment then shook it off.

~FF~
Later on you, Zuko and Iroh went to find that woman from before. You all walked into a bar as a crowd gathered round a table, “Out of my way! Step aside filth!” Zuko yelled, you rolled your eyes as you stopped besides him.

“I need to talk to you…” Zuko said, “Well if it isn’t my new friends, angry boy, miss slut and uncle lazy.” The woman looked back at the man she was going against, you growled and clenched your fists. Zuko wasn’t to please about her comment on you either; Iroh laughed a little as she won.

“Your beast trashed my ship, you have to pay me back.” Zuko snapped, “I’d love to help you out but I’m a little short on money…” the woman explained, “Drinks on me!” she called, she went to take a drink but Zuko grabbed her hand stopping her, “Money isn’t what I had in mind…” Zuko said.

“I need you to find someone.” Zuko held up Katara’s necklace, “What happened? Your girlfriend run off on you?” the woman’s name was June. And you didn’t like her as you glared. “Wait, or are you his girlfriend? Your too pretty for him…” June said, you blinked a little shocked, Zuko growled, “It’s not the girl I’m after, it’s the bald monk she’s traveling.” Zuko explained, “Whatever you say…” June replied, “If you find them I’ll consider the damage to my ship paid for.” Zuko explained, “hn, forget it.” June climbed back onto her Sheersho, “Plus we’ll pay your weight in gold.” Iroh said, June walked back, “Make it your weight, and we got a deal.” June smirked, Iroh laughed, “You got it!” he said.

June taken the necklace off Zuko and put it to the Sheersho’s nose. “Get on.” She said, Zuko helped you on as you sat between Iroh and Zuko behind you. He had his hands around your waist as you rode off.

Later on in the morning you appeared by some ruins where an old woman was with her white cat, “Out for a bit of fresh air are we?” she asked, “We’re looking for someone.” Zuko said, “I hope its not Miuki. Miuki did you get in trouble with the Fire Nation again?” the old woman asked her cat as it went to hide. “The Avatar’s been through here, let’s keep moving.” June said, she whipped her Sheersho as he ran forward again.

You appeared in another town, scaring half of the villagers as the Sheersho stopped outside a big house near a volcano. “Why are we stopping?” Zuko asked irritated, “Because the girl must have spent a lot of time here.” June said, “We have no time for this.” Zuko grabbed the necklace back and jumped down in front of the Sheersho.

He held it up to its noise, the Sheersho’s tongue shot out at him, “Hey! Watch it!” Zuko snapped, you laughed a little, “Aw look he likes you.” June smirked; you smirked and pulled Zuko back onto the Sheersho as he wrapped his arms around your waist. “Care to hear your fortune handsome?” a woman in a yellow dressed asked Iroh, “At my age there is only one big surprise left.” Iroh asked, “How about you young beauty?” the woman looked at you, “I’m okay thanks…” you waved your hands, she looked a little shock, “You will fell great love with pain.” The woman said, you looked at her confused as you rode off again. “Ignore that stupid woman…” Zuko said, you nodded but you sat to yourself and started to think.

You then crashed into an abbey where some sisters lived. You looked around, the Sheersho turned around, and “We’re getting close,” June said and whipped her Sheersho again. It charged forwards and into the forest.

You jumped down on Katara and Sokka as the monster backed them up against the rocks. “So this is your girlfriend? No wonder she left, she’s way to pretty for you.” June said, you glared at her for a moment then she realized, “Oh right, your going out with him aren’t you?” June asked, your cheeks burned red, as Zuko confronted the two, “No We’re not!” you waved your hands in front of your face.

“Where is he? Where is the Avatar?” Zuko asked, “We split up, he’s long gone.” Sokka said, “How stupid do you think I am?” Zuko snapped, “Pretty stupid… run!” Sokka grabbed Katara’s hand and ran but the Sheersho both hit them with its tongue paralyzing them.

“What are we suppose to do now?” Zuko asked, “It’s seeking a different sent, perhaps something that the Avatar held…” June explained as something fell out of Sokka’s backpack.

You all followed the scent back to the abbey, “What’s it doing it’s just going in a circle?” Zuko asked, you looked up and saw the Avatar. The Sheersho lifted in the air, you all fell back on the ground as you fell on top of Zuko. You stood up and Zuko ran after the Avatar after the flying Bison knocked June out of the way on her Sheersho.

You left Zuko to fight the Avatar as Iroh got June back up. They both started to fight the flying Bison. When Zuko and the Sheersho had the Avatar cornered you stood with Zuko and helped him try to hit the Avatar. Suddenly a huge wave landed on the Sheersho, you could smell a strong scent of perfume. You moved back from the Sheersho as its tongue hit you, you fell back and realized on top of Zuko and your head was by his neck. June got hit also as you were stuck just lying there, “Great…” you muttered. “Uncle, I didn’t see you get hit by the tongue…” Zuko said, you saw Iroh put his finger to his mouth. You rolled your eyes, “It could be worse,” you muttered, “How?” Zuko asked, “I don’t know… but I’m trying to lighten the mood so don’t spoil it…” you said, Zuko smirked and closed his eyes. Your head rose and fell as you were lying on top of Zuko, “Zuko…” you spoke, “Yea?” Zuko asked, “How the hell are we going to get out of this mess?” you asked, “I have no idea…” Zuko replied, “Though I’m not complaining…” Zuko said, your cheeks tinged pink, “We’ll have to wait the hour out or uncle lazy here can help us get out of here.” June said, “Uncle Iroh, will you get us out of here!” Zuko yelled, “Fine, fine…” Iroh got up and picked June up then walked off.

“So we’re gonna be here for a long time huh?” you asked, “Yep…” Zuko sighed.

You started to get more feeling in your legs not and shifted them a little, “My leg’s can move…” you said, “Good for you…” Zuko said, “you still can’t move?” you asked, “My arms can a little.” Zuko said then you felt something land on your bum, your cheeks turned red, “Er… Zuko…” you said, “your hands on my bum.” You said, you saw Zuko’s cheeks turn a little red also as his hand moved away, “Sorry…” he said, “It’s okay… not that I was complaining…” you smirked, Zuko smiled at you a little as Iroh returned with a Fire Nation guard. The guard picked you up as Iroh helped Zuko get back to the ship.

When you got back you were both able to move again, “Finally!” you stretched and cracked your knuckles, “I’d hate to be paralyzed my whole life…” you sighed. You helped the ship set sail again and headed out to find the Avatar once more.