Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Heading To The North

About a week had past and you were at some docks one night, you sat with Iroh and the crew as it was music night, obviously Zuko wasn’t around. “Why don’t you sing a song Jack?” Iroh smiled, “Erm… no I’m fine, you carry on…” you ushered, “But you’ve always been sitting with us just never done anything… come now Jack, sing for us.” Iroh smiled, “Okay give me a break… this is a poem I written but I am going to sing, sing it for you okay. No music please… I have my own tune…” you explained and stood up to clear your lungs.

“These thoughts can be evil and they often deceive.
Gotta believe that I can overcome.
My fears are the worst and they always return.
I never learn. Feel like I don't belong.

Lost in the wreckage of a million bad dreams.
Hard to function, I just need some routine.
God, it's obscene. When did they stop the fun?

I knew that something must be done.
To save the person I'd become.
That's why I had to run away.

Feel the sun. Waves crash like my emotion.
Life has begun, now I will be safe from the storm.
I found the one. This angel's my salvation.
I'm feeling strong. You will be there if I fall.”

-Zuko’s POV-
I heard someone singing up on deck, and it wasn’t my uncle but the voice sounded beautiful. I walked up on deck and looked around the door to see Xia singing, she sounded amazing.

“Guilt is no use it will tarnish your soul.
Just let it go. The battle will soon be won.

Cold in the shadow of who I should be.
There's a fire burning deep inside me.
Helping me see, only I hold the key.

And now I stand here unafraid.
Proud of everything I've made.
That's why I had to run away.

Feel the sun. Waves crash like my emotion.
Life has begun, now I will be safe from the storm.
I found the one. This angel's my salvation.
I'm feeling strong. You will be there if I fall.”

I smiled to myself and returned back to my room listening to her voice as I lay in my bed.

~Xia’s POV~

“There's so much energy. At last I can be free.
I am the person I was looking for.

Feel the sun. Waves crash like my emotion.
Life has begun, now I will be safe from the storm.
I found the one. This angel's my salvation.
I'm feeling strong. I'll never fall.
You are there when I call.”

You smiled and stopped as you heard clapping behind you, “Very nice voice there.” You looked back at Admiral Zhao, you stepped back a little and glared, “Yes, you do have a beautiful voice.” Zhao smirked and walked up to you.

Zhao offered you and Iroh to come with him to the north; you declined and stormed off into the ship with Iroh and Zhao following you. Iroh opened the door as you felt something land on your bum; you cringed a little but held back the urge to attack because you were better then that. “For the last time I’m not playing the sungi horn…” Zuko spoke, “No, its about our plans, there’s a bit of a problem.” Iroh said, Zhao pushed you inside and stood behind you as Zuko looked towards you all. “I’m taking your crew.” Zhao smirked and held onto your arm, “What?” Zuko stormed over to Zhao, “I’ve recruited them for a little expedition to the north pole.” Zhao stood in front of you, “Uncle, Xia is that true?” Zuko asked, you bowed your head down, “I’m afraid so, he’s taking everyone, even the cook.” Iroh explained, “Sorry you won’t be there to watch me capture the Avatar, but I can’t have you getting in my way again.” Zhao said, Zuko ran towards Zhao but Iroh stopped him, “No!” Iroh yelled.

Zhao walked over to where Zuko had two swords hanging on the wall, the same two that he used to save the Avatar with you. “I didn’t know you were skilled with broad swords Prince Zuko?” Zhao asked, your back stiffened as Zhao sliced the blade in the air, “I’m not, their antics. Just decorative.” Zuko said, Zhao then glared at you. “Have you heard of the blue spirits General Iroh?” Zhao asked, “Just rumors, I don’t think they are real.” Iroh replied, “They’re real alright, they’re criminals an enemy of the Fire Nation, but I have a feeling justice will catch up with them soon.” Zhao walked past Zuko, when he past you, you felt his hand grab your bum then let go. You cringed and Iroh noticed, Zuko was looking the other way and didn’t. “General Iroh, Xia Tu Jacynth, the offer to join my mission still stands. If you change your mind.” Zhao said as he closed the door.

You glared ran up to the door and punched it, “I hate him!” you yelled, Zuko was shocked as Iroh knew what was wrong, “Calm down Jack… don’t let him get to you.” Iroh said, you looked at him confused, “Don’t let him get to me? You saw what he just did! He grabbed my arse! He sexually abused me!” you yelled, now Zuko was pissed. You opened the door and stormed down the corridor and out onto deck into the fresh air.

You started to fire bend on deck as the crew left, “Good luck!” they yelled, “Get out of here traitors!” you screamed over the side, they all knew why you were angry and left you to your bending. You screamed and blown fire from your mouth into the sky.

You stopped bending when you saw Iroh return to the deck after talking with Zuko, “Would you like to join me for a walk?” Iroh asked, “No. I would normally be in the mood but that pig has annoyed me greatly…” you scowled, “Zuko is in his room if you need him.” Iroh said and walked off the ship, “Have a nice walk,” you called. “Even in a bad mood you still have manners.” Iroh smiled, you smiled back.

With the bucket of clean water on deck you washed your face to calm your nerves. You stood up and then turned around to see two men running at you, you dodged the firsts attack and the next. “Good… I need some stress relief…” you muttered as someone grabbed you from behind. “Zu-!” you were cut off as the man knocked you out.

-Zuko’s POV-
“Zu-!” I heard Xia get cut off outside, I jumped out from my bed, “Xia? Uncle?” I asked. I opened the door and no one was there.

I walked around the ship until I reached the hounds room. I looked over the ship then saw a reptile parrot that looked horribly familiar, “Xia…” I muttered as it flew off, then an explosion erupted from below and the whole ship shook.

~Xia’s POV~
You woke up from a loud explosion, you sat up and looked back at the ship, and “Zuko!” you screamed. You looked at the ship and fell on your knees, “Zuko!” you screamed again but their was no reply.

Tears appeared in the corner of your eyes, “No… Zuko… no… please.” You begged and fell on all fours. You felt a hand land on your shoulder; you looked up at Iroh will tears staining your face. “Zuko is still on the ship…” you said, “No… Zuko…” Iroh looked at the ship, you sat back on your ankles and stood up. “Who did this?” Iroh asked, “Zhao, but he sent Pirates… the ones from before…” you sniffed and wiped your face. “Calm down Jack, we’ll figure something out.” Iroh said, “You don’t understand!” you yelled at Iroh, “Zuko was more then a friend to me…” you started, “I was becoming to love him, I really cared about Zuko… and now… he’s gone…” you fell on your knees, Iroh knelt down and put his hand on your shoulder.

“Not completely…” you heard a voice speak, your face lifted up with hope as you looked back at a weak and hurt Zuko. “Zuko!” you smiled and ran at him, you wrapped your arms around his neck, “Ow!” he yelled, you jumped back, “Sorry… I just thought you…” you stopped, “You thought I was dead?” Zuko finished, you nodded; Zuko smiled and tilted your chin. “I promised you that I’d never leave you.” Zuko said, you blinked then remembered about that convocation you apparently had with Zuko when you were asleep. You smiled with a tint of red on your cheeks, “Zuko?” you said, “Yea?” he asked, “You know your hurt and we should try and heal as many wounds as we can…” you explained, “right yea…” Zuko’s cheeks turned a little red as you smiled and kissed his cheek.

“I’m just glad you’re alive.” You smiled, “So am I.” Zuko replied, you laughed a little then streamed some water from the sea, “Where are you hurt most?” you asked, Zuko held out his arm where he had a cut, you covered your hands in water and put your hands on his cut so it healed, you then kissed his arm. “Better?” you asked, Zuko’s cheeks were pink but nodded a little. “Where else?” you asked, he shown you his leg, you healed there and kissed it again, “Anywhere else?” you asked, Zuko had a cut on his cheek and on his forehead, you healed both then kissed his cheek and forehead. “That it?” you asked, “your going to have a black eye also, but I can’t get rid of that sorry…” you explained, “There is somewhere else…” Zuko said, “Where?” you asked, he pointed to his lip and there was a small cut. You smiled and then healed his cut, you went to kiss him but a cough stopped you both.

“Shouldn’t we think about getting with Admiral Zhao before we do anything else now?” Iroh said, you stood up, “I hate to admit it but uncle Iroh is right, we need to sneak you on the ship and we need to join him.” You said, Zuko nodded and stood up.

Iroh sat in Admiral Zhao’s room drinking tea, while you stood. You didn’t have any tea but just stood their with your head down pretending you were devastated over Zuko’s death. But you knew he was really alive, “I’m devastated to hear about Prince Zuko. Just devastated” Zhao said, “The Fire Lord will not be pleased when he learns who was responsible.” Iroh said, “You know who was behind the attack?” Zhao asked, “Yes, pirates! We had a run in with them a while back. They wanted revenge.” Iroh explained, “So, have you reconsidered my offer?” Zhao asked, “Yes, I accept. It will be an honor to serve as your general” Iroh bowed, “I also accept. I would be honored to work by your side as your personal guard.” You bowed down also from where you were standing. “To the Fire Nation.” Iroh held his cup up, “To victory.” Zhao added.

You followed Iroh around the ship until you both saw Zuko, you stopped, “Our plan is working perfectly; Zhao doesn’t suspect a thing.” Iroh said, Zuko removed his mask, “You didn’t have to do this,” Zuko said, you smiled at him. “No nephew of mine is going to stowaway on a ship without some back-up.” Iroh replied, “Plus, we’ve always got your back, we would never leave you.” You smiled, “Thank you uncle, Xia.” Zuko said, Iroh walked forward.

“I owe you something…” you said, Zuko looked at you confused until you kissed his lips softly, “I’ll see you when we’re out of here. But stay hidden until we get to the north pole then you can do your thing okay, good luck Zuko” You waved, Zuko’s face was red until you walked away with Iroh.

You stood next to Zhao looking over towards the North Sea, “My fleet is ready, set a course for the Northern Water Tribe.” Zhao said, you heard Iroh walked back into the main haul. You held your breath as Zhao looked at you, “Don’t be so tense, I know you lost Prince Zuko in that disaster but you have to move on.” Zhao smirked and moved your hair behind your ear.

He smirked and walked behind you, “Maybe in a few years when you turn the right age, we could see more of each other.” Zhao leaned in by your ear and smirked, you cringed and hoped he would leave you alone. You felt his hand on your bum, you clenched your hand and bit your tongue to stop you from hurting Zhao, and you had to stay calm for the plan to work.

~I must… for Zuko~