Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

A Chance To Leave

After three weeks of traveling on ship you managed to get to land and you were having a massage in another room away from Iroh and Zuko, you relaxed, “This is so nice after all the hard work I’ve been put through,” you smiled and decided to go talk with Zuko. You put a pink robe and walked out.

You saw Zuko standing by himself, “Zuko…” you smiled, he looked at you, you saw him blink then rub his eyes, “What?” you asked, Zuko coughed, “Nothing…” he replied, you walked over to him with suspicion, “What?” you asked, “I said nothing,” Zuko replied, “Tell me or I’m going to keep bugging you…” you said, Zuko looked at you and raised an eyebrow. “You look beautiful…” he said, your cheeks turned a little red and you smiled, “Thanks…” you replied, “your welcome,” Zuko smiled at you.

Later in the day you and Iroh had gone to the beach and picked up loads of beautiful shells. “Look at these magnificent shells, I’ll enjoy these keep sakes for years to come.” Iroh smiled, you rolled your eyes and picked up the one snow white shell you picked up and put it in your pocket, “We don’t need any more useless things, you forget, we have to carry everything ourselves now…” Zuko said.

“Hello brother. Uncle. And girl I do not know.” You heard a female voice, one that sounded very intimidating if you were one to get scared easily. “What are you doing here?” Zuko asked, she was wearing a Fire Nation suit, “In my country we exchange a pleasant hello before asking questions, have you become uncivilized so soon Zu-Zu?” the girl asked, “Zu-Zu?” you muttered, “Don’t call me that!” Zuko snapped, “Do what do you owe this honor?” Iroh asked, you stayed back a little.

“Mm… must be a family trait, both of you so quick to get to the point.” The girl broken the shell with her finger nails, as they were very sharp. “I’ve come with a message from home, Father’s changed his mind, family is suddenly very important to him, he’s heard rumors of plans to over throw him. Traitorous plots, families are the ones you can really trust. Father regrets your banishment, he wants you home.” The girl explained, Zuko didn’t reply, “Did you hear me? You should be happy, excited, grateful, I just gave you great news.” The girl said, Zuko looked out the window, “I’m sure your brother simply needs a moment-” “Don’t interrupt uncle!” Zuko’s sister yelled, you were shocked. She had a worse temper the Zuko.

“I still haven’t heard my thank you, I’m not a messenger and I didn’t have to come all this way…” Zuko’s sister explained, “Father regrets? He wants me back?” Zuko asked, “I can see you need time to take this in, I’ll come to call on you tomorrow good evening.” Zuko’s sister walked off, you looked at Zuko; he was in deep thought.

That night you were sitting outside thinking, “Zuko’s going home Kara…” you muttered, you heard Zuko and Iroh talking. “I highly doubt I’ll be able to go…” you muttered and hugged your knees. You bowed your head down, as tears appeared in the corners of your eyes, “I won’t ever get to see Zuko again,” you muttered.

Iroh walked out and saw you sitting by the tree, Iroh walked over to you. “Hello Jack, mind if I join you?” Iroh asked, “Feel free…” you looked away as he sat down, “What is wrong?” Iroh asked, “I won’t be able to come with you two…” you said, Iroh was shocked, “I don’t believe that what Princess Azula said was true,” Iroh said, you looked at him, “You don’t?” you asked, “No, my brother isn’t the type to regret and Princess Azula isn’t the most trustworthy person you could ever meet.” Iroh explained, “What if she isn’t lying?” you asked, “then I’m sure I’ll employ you under me so you can come with us.” Iroh smiled, “You’d do that?” you asked, “Why of course!” Iroh smiled, you smiled, “Thank you Uncle Iroh, but what if your right and it’s some sort of trap, do you want me to stick in the shadows and attack if you want me to?” you asked, “Yes, I want you to write a letter pretend you are running away because you know that you cannot return with us… then follow us to the docks, and then if anything goes wrong… you know what to do.” Iroh smiled, you nodded.

That night you woke up and left a note on the side taking all your clothes and weapons, along with Kara. You looked at Zuko; “I’m sorry…” you muttered and walked out of the building.

Next day you heard Zuko had taken your leaving pretty had, as he looked upset as he walked out of the building. You felt sorry as you put your bag over your shoulder and followed them at a far distance down the stairs.

Watching them you thought they actually were going home until Iroh attack some of the soldiers. You smiled and ran out, you started taking down about two, three at a time as Zuko went on the ship to fight his sister, you knocked all the guards out and smiled at Iroh, “Zuko…” you said and looked up at Azula.

She was just about to use lightning to attack Zuko but Iroh stopped her and thrown her off the ship. They both ran off, Zuko saw you and smiled he grabbed your hand and pulled you away from the ship, “I thought you ran away?” Zuko asked, “Your uncle suspected your sister so we made a little plan… if they attacked then I came and helped.” You replied, Zuko smiled at you, “What would I do without you?” he asked, “I don’t know,” you smirked and ran with him.

You had all quickly gotten changed into something else, you had a long sleeve tube top on which was a dark brown and black tight ¾ leggings with a brown short skirt wrapped around, you also thrown your bow and arrows as you ran with Zuko and Iroh to get away from the Fire Nation.

You all stopped by a river where you collapsed on your knees, “I think we’re safe here…” Iroh said, Zuko taken out a dagger, he sliced his ponytail off, and then passed the dagger to his uncle, they both dropped their hair into the river. “We better get going…” you said, Kara landed on your shoulder, “Where to?” Zuko asked, “I’ll send Kara to find a town for us…” you said, Kara jumped on your arm, “Kara… find!” you thrown her in the air.

~FF~
Later on you all found a place to rest up for the night but you were incredibly bored. “I have never been so bored in my entire life!” you lay back on the ground, Zuko looked at you with a smirk then punched your arm, “Hey!” you yelled, “What?” he asked, “Do you want to start a fight with me?” you snapped, “if it will shut you up then yes…” Zuko said, you growled a little then dove at Zuko and pinned him to the ground, “Trust me I am in no mood for a fight… if you pick one then its your own fault when you get beaten up.” You explained.

In the end Zuko did pick a fight just to entertain you for a while so you weren’t complaining about being bored, but how were you to know?

You sent a few punches towards Zuko and he blocked all but one, which clipped his cheek. He stepped walking back a little as you went to kick him, Zuko grabbed your leg and yanked you forward causing you to slip and fall on the floor, you growled then stomped on his foot. You stood up then kicked Zuko where the sun don’t shine.

Clearly, Zuko was in pain. You pushed him on the floor and put your foot on his torso, “Zuko 2, Xia 1. I’m catching up.” You smirked as you had clearly won the match.