Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

White Lotus

ou were all traveling on the osterige horse as you were in pain with the riding. “Are you okay Xia?” Iroh asked, “I’ll… be, fine…” you winced between each word, “Maybe we should stop…” Iroh suggested, “No, really… you don’t have to,” you quickly said, you held your shoulder as Zuko stopped, “You need to rest.” Zuko said, “I need water to heal my wound again…” you suggested.

“Someone’s coming…” you said and stood up, “Where?” Zuko readied to fight, “What now?” Iroh asked.

5 men appeared before you all, wearing Fire Nation uniform, “Colonel Monkey, what a pleasant surprise?” Iroh smiled, “If your surprised to we’re here then the dragon of the west has lost a few steps.” Cornel Monkey replied.

“You know these guys?” Zuko asked, “Sure, Cornel Monkey and the Rough Rhino’s are legendary, each one is a different kind of weapons specialist, they are also a very capable singing group.” Iroh smirked, “We’re not here to give a concert. We’re here to apprehend fugitives.” Cornel Monkey snapped, “Would you like some tea first? I’d love some, how about you Kanji? I make you as, a jasmine man, am I right?” Iroh spoke, “enough stalling! Round them up!” Cornel Monkey snapped.

Zuko and Iroh started to fight as you got the osterige ready to run, Iroh ran over to you. He jumped on and you rode forward, then Zuko jumped on after. The last man sent a bomb towards you all, but you slowed down then ran through the smoke and off out of sight from them all.

“It’s nice to see old friends.” Iroh smiled, “To bad you don’t have any old friends that don’t want to attack you…” Zuko said, “hm… old friends that don’t want to attack me?” Iroh muttered. You rolled your eyes and kept moving but held your shoulder.

A few days later you found yourself in a desert town where Iroh had taken you to, you walked behind Zuko and Iroh as you all walked into a pub, “It’s best if you stay out here Xia.” Iroh spoke, “Why?” you asked, “It is usually a bit rough in these places,” Iroh replied, you folded your arms and gave him a blank look. “She can take care of herself uncle.” Zuko said, you smiled at Zuko and walked in holding onto his arm.

You all sat down at a table and had a drink each, “No one here’s going to help us. These people just look like filthy wonderers.” Zuko snapped, “So was that your first thought when you saw me?” you folded your arms, with an eyebrow raised. Zuko looked at you shocked, “No, no, I didn’t mean you I meant everyone around here…” he quickly said, “I’m kidding… geez, haven’t I told you before not to take me seriously?” you smirked, Zuko gave you a little glare but you smiled and kissed his cheek.

“Ah, this is interesting, I think I found our friend.” Iroh said, you two looked back at a small man sitting behind a Pai Sho table, “You’ve got to be kidding me?” you asked, “No.” Iroh smirked then walked away, “You brought us here to gamble on Pai Sho?” Zuko asked, “I don’t think this is a gamble.” Iroh smirked.

“Can I have this game?” Iroh asked the man, “The guest has the first move.” The man replied, Iroh sat down and placed a white lotus tile on the board, “I see you favor the white lotus gambit not many still cling to the ancient ways.” The man explained, “Those who do can always find a friend.” Iroh replied, “Then let us play.” The man replied as they both started to place tiles on the board.

By the end of it they had a picture on the board, “Welcome brother, the white lotus opens wide to those who know our secrets.” The man smiled, “What are you old gas bags talking about?” Zuko asked, “I always tried to tell you that Pai Sho is more then just a game.” Iroh smiled, you smirked a little figuring that it had something to do with this man, and he could help.

“It’s over! You three fugitives are coming with me!” A man in earth kingdom clothes walked up to you all as the man from the table stood up in front of them, “I knew it! You three are criminals with giant bounties on your heads!” the man pointed at you three, “I thought you said he would help.” Zuko snapped, you held onto Zuko’s arm, “he is, just watch.” Iroh whispered, “You think your going to capture them then collect all their gold.” The man looked at the Earth Kingdom people, “Gold?” a few other men stood up, you smirked, loads of men started crowding around each other.

“Er, maybe we shouldn’t.” the older of the two Earth Kingdom people spoke. They all started to fight; in this time you all snuck out and ran into a flower shop.

“It is an honor to welcome such a high ranking member of the white lotus, being a grand master you must know so many secrets.” The man bowed towards Iroh, “Now that you played Pai Sho, are you going to do some flower arranging or is someone in this club going to do some real help?” Zuko asked, “You must forgive my nephew, he is not an initiate and has little appreciation for the cryptic arts.” Iroh apologized, you giggled a little as Zuko glared at you from the side.

“Who knocks at the guarded gate?” a man behind the door asked, “One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries.” Iroh replied, the two men walked in but as you and Zuko went up to the door it closed, “I’m afraid its members only, wait out here…” Iroh explained through the slot. “Sure…” you shrugged and walked back.

You looked around the shop for a while and looked at all the exotic flowers, “What are you doing?” Zuko asked, “Looking at the flowers, what does it look like?” you asked, Zuko walked over to you and looked at the flower then at you, “Their not half as beautiful as you.” Zuko said, you smiled at him as he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you towards him in an embrace.

You both waited by the doors in each other’s arms as the door was opened, “What’s going on? Is the club meeting over?” Zuko asked, “Everything is taken care of. We’re heading to Ba Sing Se,” Iroh smiled, your face lit up with excitement, “Ba Sing Se? Why would we go to the Earth Kingdom Capital?” Zuko asked, “The city is filled with refugees no one will notice three more.” The man explained, “We can hide in plain sight there. And it’s the safest place in the world from the Fire Nation, even I couldn’t break through to the city.” Iroh smiled, “I heard it’s beautiful.” You smiled.

The door opened and you all looked at the man around the door, “I have the passports for our guests, but there are two men out on the streets looking for them.” The man explained, you looked through a hatch in the door and saw them holding a wanting poster, “Have you seen these three?” one of them asked.

You were taken into the back and saw two giant pots, “You’ll have to hide in these.” The old man explained, “But there are only two and there are three of us…” you explained, “Then you and the young boy will have to share.” The old man said, you looked at Zuko and blushed a little.

Zuko stepped in first and you followed sitting between his legs while having to wrap your legs around his waist as you were sitting on his lap. “This is comfy…” you muttered, Zuko smirked, “It won’t be for long…” Zuko replied and wrapped his arms around your waist.

You felt the pot moving as you put your head on Zuko’s shoulder. Zuko peeked out of the top a while later then moved back down, “So… I guess were safe for now…” you said, “I guess.” Zuko replied, you smiled and kissed his cheek, “We can settle down now.” You smiled, Zuko nodded and returned the kiss.

~FF~
You made your way to Full Moon Bay and got on a boat heading to Ba Sing Se, you leaned on the rail and looked out across the water, “Who would of thought after all these years I’d return to the scene to my greatest military disgrace, as a tourist.” Iroh smiled after quickly putting a hat on, you giggled at his joke, “Look around, we’re not tourists were refugees.” Zuko said and eaten some of his food, he spat it out quickly, “I’m sick of eating rotten food, sleeping in the dirt I’m tired of living like this,” Zuko said, you put your hand on his shoulder.

“Aren’t we all.” A voice spoke, you looked back at a lad your age with a piece of hay in his mouth, “My names Jet, and these are my freedom fighters, Smellerbee and Long Shot.” Jet introduced himself, “Hey,” Smellerbee said, Long Shot just nodded, “Hi… I’m Jia Li.” You replied, “Hello.” Zuko said, “Here’s the deal, I hear the captains eating like a king while us refugees have to feed off his scraps, doesn’t seem far does it?” Jet asked, “What sort of king is he eating like?” Iroh asked, “The fat happy kind.” Jet replied, you glared a little as your stomach rumbled, “You want to help us liberate some food?” Jet smirked, you held your stomach as Zuko thrown his food over board, “I’m in.” Zuko said, “We’re in.” you smirked and stepped forward, Jet looked at your with a small smirk on his face.

That night you all snuck upstairs and went to get the food. You jumped over the rail in front of Zuko and looked around a corner making sure it was clear; as you stopped in front of the kitchen door you pulled out your small dagger and clicked the door open. Zuko and Jet went in and grabbed the food.

“Guards coming.” Smellerbee said, “Guys, come on.” You whispered, you all ran to the edge as Long Shot sent an arrow up. The food went down first, then Jet, and then yourself, followed by Zuko and Smellerbee. Jet caught you and then grabbed the bag of food as Zuko grabbed the other. You three snuck away back to Iroh.

You watched Jet give out the food to all the refugees, you smiled and drank some of your tea, you looked at Zuko as he was glaring at you, “What?” you asked, “Nothing.” Zuko snapped and looked away.

“So, Smellerbee, that’s an unusual name for a young man.” Iroh said, “Maybe its because I’m not a man, I’m a girl.” Smellerbee snapped then walked off, you smacked your forehead, “Oh, now I see, it’s a beautiful name for a lovely girl.” Iroh called, “Iroh, just leave it at that would you.” You suggested, “What did I do wrong?” Iroh asked, you rolled your eyes as Long Shot walked after Smellerbee.

Jet walked over and sat down next to you, “From what I’ve heard, people in Ba Sing Se eat like this every night, I can’t wait to set my eyes on that giant wall.” Jet said, “It is a magnificent sight.” Iroh said, “So you’ve been there before?” Jet asked, “Once, when I was a different man.” Iroh said, “I’ve done some things in my past that I’m not proud of, but that’s why I’m going to Ba Sing Se, for a new beginning, a second chance.” Jet explained, “That’s very noble of you, I believe people can change there lives if they want to, I believe in second chances.” Iroh explained, you smiled.

The next day you were on the boat early morning, Zuko and Iroh hadn’t woken up yet. You looked out over the sea and watched the sunrise, “Nice view,” a voice said, you looked back at Jet, “Hey,” you smiled, “The sun is beautiful in the morning, showing a new day has arrived,” you said, “I was on about you.” Jet said, you were shocked as you looked at Jet. Jet put his hands either side of you and leaned towards you, “Your boyfriend Lee doesn’t show you much attention does he?” Jet asked, “How would you know, you’ve only known us for one day?” you asked, “If I was him, I’d never let you out of my sight for too long because other men would come onto you.” Jet said, “Like what your doing?” you said, Jet smirked, “Kinda, but I mean when I say your beautiful.” Jet said, you looked away from Jet with a small glare. Jet turned you to face him then his lips hit your own, you were highly shocked and tried to push Jet off.

You managed to push Jet off you, “What the hell?” you snapped, “If you really want to see me again then stay in my good book you jerk.” You snapped and went to walk away, Jet grabbed your wrist, “Just give me a chance to explain,” Jet said, “No, you’re an idiot, if you didn’t do what you just did then maybe you would have a chance but now you have no way in hell.” You yelled and walked away and water bended to push Jet away.

“You’re a water bender?” Jet stood up, “Yes. Now if you want to be thrown over board then I suggest you stay away from me.” You snapped and walked off.

~FF~
You got off the ship and stood with Zuko and Iroh as the woman looked over your passports. “Mr. Lee, Miss. Jia Li and Mr. erm… Mushy is it?” the woman asked, “It’s pronounced Mushi,” Iroh corrected her, “You telling how to do my job?” the woman asked, “Uh, no, no. But my I just say your just like a flower in bloom your beauty is intoxicating.” Iroh walked up to the woman, “mm, your pretty easy on the eyes yourself handsome.” The woman made a cat noise towards Iroh, you blinked then shivered violently trying to get that vision out of your system, “Welcome to Ba Sing Se.” The woman smiled and stamped the passports.

Iroh walked back with your passports, Zuko snatched both of yours, “I’m going to forget I saw that.” Zuko said and walked forward.

You three sat down waiting for the train to arrive to take you into the city, you lay your head on Zuko’s shoulder as he had his arm around your waist. Jet sat down next to Zuko, you glared at Jet, “So you guys got plans once you inside the city?” Jet asked, “None that concern you.” You snapped and folded your arms looking away.

“Get your hot tea here, finest tea in Ba Sing Se!” a man pushed a trolley around Iroh waved his hand, “Oh, Jasmine please!” Iroh called. When his cup was poured he taken a sip and then spat it out, “Coldest tea in Ba Sing Se is more like it, what a disgrace.” Iroh snapped.

“Hey, can I talk to you for a second?” Jet motioned towards Zuko, Jet walked away. You scowled as Zuko looked at you, “I’ll be back in a minute.” Zuko said and kissed your forehead, you smiled at him as he walked off towards Zuko.

You looked back at Iroh then he brought his tea back around, you were shocked, “Iroh… what the hell?” you whispered harshly, Zuko walked over and then smacked the tea out of his hands. “What are you doing Fire bending your tea? For a wise old man that was a pretty stupid move.” Zuko whispered harshly, “I know your not suppose to cry over spilled tea but, it jus so sad.” Iroh sniffed. You rolled your eyes and folded your arms.

“Last call for Ba Sing Se!” A man called, you three walked onto the train and sat down, “What a handsome baby.” Iroh looked over at a woman and her child, “Thank you.” The woman smiled, “She’s so pretty.” You looked at her and smiled, “Hopefully one day you’ll have a baby as beautiful,” the woman smiled, you pointed at yourself, “Me? I’m not really mother material…” you said.