Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Avatar Is Back!

By now you were a little use to things around here, but the only thing that annoyed you was Zuko. He never said a word to you; he only looked at you or noticed you were there when you were humming to yourself. You would sing but because he never paid any attention to you, you stuck with humming.

You were drinking tea with Iroh wearing a long red warm coat as you were in the North Pole. You hummed quietly and Iroh was listening to you, “You have such a calming voice Jack.” Iroh smiled, “Thank you,” you replied, your reactions with people were getting better. But Zuko still didn’t know your real name, he just known that Iroh called you Jack.

You suddenly saw a huge flash of light behind you, when you turned around Zuko looked at you two, “Uncle, do you realize what this means?” Zuko asked, “I won’t get to finish my game?” Iroh asked, “It means my search is about to come to an end.” Zuko turned around, you pouted a little and looked at Iroh.

You saw the light in the sky as Zuko pointed, “That light came from an incredibly powerful source! It has to be him!” Zuko yelled, “Or its just the celestial lights, we’ve been down this road before. I don’t want you to get too excited over nothing.” Iroh said, “Zuko! Excited… well on that day I’ll die…” you snapped, Zuko glared at you.

“Please sit, why don’t you enjoy a cup of charming Jasmine tea with Jack here.” Iroh said as you taken a sip. “I don’t need any calming tea, I need to capture the Avatar! Hounds men head a course for the light!” Zuko yelled, “you need a good smack that’s what…” you muttered while taking another sip, Iroh smiled at your sarcastic jokes about Zuko. You made them daily depending on what Zuko said, you always turned it against him.

Later that night you were walking around the corridors when you walked onto the main deck. You walked to the edge as Kara landed next to you, “Hey Kara…” you smiled and stroked her, she squawked then flew off into the ship.

-Zuko’s POV-
After my uncle had gone to bed I saw Jack walk out onto the main deck. Who names their girl Jack? That’s a boy’s name! Unless Uncle and her were keeping her real name a secret. I watched her stroke her bird. It then taken off and flew back into the ship.

I haven’t said one word to her since we met; I think she hated me for it also, not that I cared. I mean, she was so, different… her moods were random… and I couldn’t explain it.

When I looked again I saw she wasn’t on the main deck. “You staying up?” I could tell it was her as she walked by my side and leaned on the rail, her black hair flowed in the wind a little as she looked at me with her metallic eyes. She glared at me the whole time.

~Xia’s POV~
You were glaring at Zuko while in thought.

~Why the heck doesn’t he talk to me? Is it because I’m a girl? Maybe because I’m not royalty… or… I have no idea and I just can’t be arsed with him anymore~

You pushed yourself off the rail as if to leave, but a hand grabbed your wrist, “No goodnight Zuko?” Zuko asked, you stood their shocked, “Did you just talk to me?” you asked, you looked back at Zuko and he was looking at you. “Why are you being nice all of a sudden?” you asked, “I’m not being nice, I’m just asking.” Zuko replied, “Why?” I asked, “I don’t know…” Zuko lied, “Liar…” you replied, Zuko looked at you a little shocked, “I’m not lying…” he said, “prove it…” you replied and moved back against the rail. Zuko glared a little then looked away, “Why are you talking to me?” you asked, “Your voice calms me…” Zuko replied, you stood there shocked.

“My voice calms you?” you asked, Zuko’s cheeks went a little red as he nodded. “Wow… didn’t know the mean Prince could give out a compliment…” you smirked, Zuko glared a little. “I like it better when you’re humming…” Zuko smirked, you laughed, “IS that why you followed me on that day? Because of my singing?” you asked, “It’s not really singing because you’re humming…” Zuko said, “let’s go with that…” you smirked.

You two started to talk more then any other night until you yawned. “I’m going to get some shut eye now…” you rubbed your eyes.

-Zuko’s POV-
I watched Jack rub her eyes a little, she looked really cute. Wait… I didn’t just say that…

I looked away from her as she stretched also.

~Xia’s POV~
You stretched then relaxed, “Xia Tu Jacynth…” you said, “What?” Zuko looked at you confused, “That’s my name… Xia, Tu, Jacynth… but people call me Jack… I don’t mind either Jack or Xia… either way it doesn’t effect me…” you said, you looked at Zuko and smiled at him, “It was nice to actually have a convocation with you Zuko.” You said, “Don’t get your hopes up…” Zuko smirked, “Why? Are you only nice at night? When were alone?” you smirked, Zuko smirked. “Well anyway… Goodnight Zuko.” You waved and walked forward.

When you reached your room next to Zuko’s you jumped into bed and fell straight asleep.

When the morning came you walked out early morning to find Zuko just about to train against two men. You walked over to Iroh and sat on the floor with your legs crossed, “Morning Jack!” Iroh smiled, “Heya.” You replied.

After a long day of getting bored watching Zuko fight you sighed and lay down looking up at the sky. “Again…” Iroh said, Zuko and the two soldiers started to fight one another. Zuko then stopped and Iroh stood up, “No, power and fire bending comes from the breath not the muscles. The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire, get it right this time.” Iroh said, and blown fire in front of Zuko’s face, “enough, I’ve been drilling this sequence all day. Teach me the next set. I’m more then ready” Zuko said, “Your far from ready…” you put your hand towards the sky looking at your nails. “What do you mean?” Zuko snapped, you sat up and then stood up, “That personality of yours is impatient! I mean it taken me years to master fire bending… and that was when I was teaching myself for half of them.” You explained, “You can fire bend?” Iroh asked, you looked at him and nodded. “My mother taught me…” you said, and then you bowed your head down a little.

“Well then maybe you could teach Zuko some patients.” Iroh smiled, “Nobody can teach that…” you said. “But I could help you train?” you suggested, “No, I don’t want to get taught by a girl!” Zuko yelled, “I’m not a girl! I’m 16! I’m a woman!” you complained, “Still a girl!” Zuko snapped back, “Well you’re just a stubborn boy!” you snapped back, “You’re a weak kid!” Zuko snapped, “I should be saying that to you!” you yelled at him then turned around storming away, “Rich brat!” you yelled.

You stayed in your room for the rest of the day and night until you felt the boat shaking as you woke up from a small nap, “What now? Zuko gone a wall…” you sat up and rubbed your eyes as the boat stopped.

When you stood on the top deck you ran to the front of the ship and saw Zuko with his men confronting a group of people who looked like they were from the water tribe, “Oh no…” you muttered. Your father was originally from here, the South Pole. You watched Zuko easily push away the only male teen there; you knew that he didn’t stand a chance.

Then out of nowhere a kid on a penguin slipped him up from behind. You could hear the kids cheering and laughing as you found that a little funny yourself. The kid stood up as the penguin walked away.

Zuko and the kid started to fight; the fire almost hit the people of the water tribe. You were scared for them. Fire was a dangerous weapon. You noticed that the kid was an Air Bender. “No way! The Avatar?” you muttered.

You guessed he didn’t want the tribe to be hurt so he left with Zuko and his men. Zuko looked up at you as he saw you above. You looked at the Avatar and ran back to meet them all inside.

You waited back at Zuko’s room when a guard appeared with the Avatar’s staff. “Cool… don’t worry I’ll put it in.” you smiled and yanked it out of the guards hands and walked into Zuko’s room. “This thing is so cool…” you muttered and leaned it against the table. “What are you doing in my room?” you looked back at Zuko, “Putting the Avatar’s staff here, look… nice and safe…” you said, Zuko rolled his eyes then grabbed your hand pulling you away from the door.

You were confused until the Avatar kid walked in, “My staff…” he said and grabbed it, Zuko closed the door. “Looks like I’ve underestimated you.” Zuko glared at him. You sent a fireball at the Avatar as he dodged then Zuko did so along with you. The Avatar sent a gust of wind towards you sending you into the wall. You slid down it and rubbed the back of your head, “That… hurt!” you yelled. Zuko looked angrier as your head span from the bang.

You stood up as the Avatar swung his staff again slamming Zuko’s bed on top of you two. When you both fell back with Zuko on top he sent you up on the ceiling. When you fell back down you felt crushed because of Zuko’s armor. Zuko looked up and the Avatar was gone, “Zuko…” you said, “What?” he asked, “Your armor is heavier then it looks…” you said, Zuko lifted up then stopped, you blinked confused as he looked a bit flustered, “What?” you asked, “your top…” he said then looked away with red on his cheeks. You looked down and your top had almost come all the way off, you lifted it back up and pushed him off, “pervert…” you said then walked out of then ran with Zuko following.

You both got back on the Avatar’s trail as he jumped off the balcony, you stopped by the rail as Zuko ran and jumped, “Zuko!” you yelled, but he just managed to grab onto the Avatar’s foot.

You ran back and down the stairs until you saw Zuko push the Avatar off the edge of the boat, you ran and heard a girl’s voice. “Aang! Aang!” she yelled. They were on something in the air, you looked at it, “What the heck is that?” you muttered.

Next thing you knew that Avatar was back on the ship but his eyes and Air bending marks were glowing. He was bending the water, as he released it all of the soldiers were knocked out. You swung your arms over your head and the water flew over. The Avatar wobbled on the spot and fell to the ground.

The flying beast landed on the boat as you stood in front of him, “Avatar…” you muttered, the kid woke up and looked at you, “Your with them aren’t you?” he asked, you looked down, “I want this war to stop as much as you do… please stop it.” You said, the Avatar looked at you shocked. “Xia… don’t forget my name now…” you winked a little. His two water tribe friends appeared they both looked at you glaring, “Take him out of here…” you said, “why should we trust you?” the boy snapped, “because I am also a water bender…” you said, “another water bender, are they holding you prisoner?” the girl asked, “no… I want this war to end… go now…” you said, they were all shocked but taken your exit. “What’s your name again?” the Avatar asked, “Xia Tu Jacynth, but just call me Xia or Jack… you?” you smiled, “Aang…” Aang replied.

You saw the boy scream as Zuko was holding onto his staff. You ran towards them, “Zuko!” you yelled as the boy smacked Zuko on the head a few times and he fell down again, “Ha! That’s from the water tribe!” the lad yelled, you growled and water bended so you wrapped the water around his waist and pulled him close to you glaring, “Leave now.” You snapped, the boy glared at you. You swung him back where his legs got stuck because of some ice. The girl was a water bender, but not a very good one. “Katara!” the boy yelled, “Sorry!” Katara called and turned around from the guards and tried the same thing again and freezing them solid. Katara and Aang looked at you shocked as you thrown some fireballs at them missing them on purpose. When they took off you ran to the edge of the ship and the girl looked back at you, you smiled at her and gave a little wave as she waved back a little also looking confused.

“Shoot them down!” you heard Zuko yell as both him and his Uncle went to attack the flying beast. You heard Kara squawk in the sky as she flew around and landed on your shoulder. “Go follow.” You whispered to her, she squawked and took off.

The fireball Zuko and Iroh thrown was redirected and hit the ice wall. You looked up as it was all coming down towards you, “Xia!” Zuko yelled, you turned and ran back just as he grabbed your hand pulling you out of the way towards him.

When everything stopped you found yourself under Zuko once again, you looked up at him a little shocked. “Good news for the Fire Lord. The Fire Nations greatest threat is just a kid.” Iroh said, Zuko helped you up, “that kid uncle just did this. I won’t underestimate him again. Dig the ship out and follow them!” Zuko commanded his guards, but three of them were unfreezing the other three. “As soon as you’re done with that…” Zuko added and turned towards you and looked up into the sky.

Zuko then looked at you, “We, need to talk…” Zuko glared a little. He grabbed your hand and pulled you towards his room, and he slammed the door, “I’m going to ask a question and I want you to tell me the truth!” Zuko glared at you, “What?” you asked, “Can you water bend?” Zuko asked, you were shocked, “Oh… bugger… I was hoping you wouldn’t see…” you looked away sheepishly, “are you from the water-?” Zuko went to ask but you covered his mouth, “No I’m not, I was originally born in the Fire Nation. Come hither and I’ll tell you my story.” You walked over to his bed and sat down.

You told Zuko about your parents and how they both fell in love, “My father was a prisoner… but as I said, my mother fell in love with him. They were both benders… my father water and my mother was fire… we lived on a small farm for half of my life until the Fire Nation found my father and took him away… I heard rumors by the villagers that the Fire Lord personally killed him… but, I’ve been wrong before… soon after my mother killed herself from all the grief, she blamed herself for what happened to my father so my grandmother taken me in until she died a few years later then I was on my own in the world.” You explained, “My parents taught me to bend when they saw me first have a reaction to fire, and then I moved the water. And then my grandmother helped me perfect my skills and started to teach me about lightning, but I’m a little wussy for that because if you do it wrong you die… but that was back then… and I can’t remember what my Nan told me about it now… it was 6 years ago…” you explained.

You looked at Zuko after telling him your story and he seemed to have pity in his eyes. “Er… Zuko… you don’t have your usual face… what’s wrong?” you asked, Zuko blinked then shook his head, “nothing…” he replied, “don’t feel sorry for me…” you said, “I wasn’t …” Zuko lied, “you should also know I can tell when people are lying…” you smirked at him, Zuko didn’t reply, “please don’t tell anyone else… and… I’m better off without anyone to be honest… I’ve gotten use to it now… and anyway if this never happed in my life then I wouldn’t have met you.” You smiled at Zuko and stood up.

When you got to the door you stopped, “I won’t tell anyone.” Zuko said, “Promise?” you asked, Zuko looked at you and smirked, “Promise.” He replied, you grinned, “Great… see you later.” You waved and walked towards your room.

You walked into your room and lay down on your bed facing the wall. You closed your eye as a small tear escaped it slipping down your cheek.