Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Crossroads of Destiny

You all got back to the apartment as Iroh closed the door, “You did the right thing letting the Avatar’s Bison go free.” Iroh smiled, “I don’t feel right.” Zuko said, you looked at him as he wobbled on the spot, when he grabbed onto the side you ran towards him and caught Zuko in your arms, “Zuko, baby… Zuko?” you tilted his head towards you, “Put him in here…” Iroh said, you carried Zuko to his bed and lay him down gently on the bed.

You were sitting next to Zuko opposite Iroh, “You’re burning up.” Iroh said and taken a wet clothe and put it on Zuko’s forehead, “You have an intense fever, this will help cool you down.” Iroh said, “So thirsty.” Zuko sat up; you gently pushed him back down and held Zuko’s hand, “Here’s some clean water to drink.” Iroh held a cup up, “Stay under the blanket’s and sweat this out.” Iroh explained, Zuko drank the whole cup of water then grabbed the bucket and drank all of that, he thrown it away. “I’ll go get some more water.” You said.

You left the house and got some more water from the river cleaning it with your bending you walked back towards the house and inside back into the apartment. Iroh was talking to Zuko; you listened from outside, “You should know this is not a natural sickness. But that shouldn’t stop you from enjoying tea.” Iroh said, “What’s happening?” Zuko asked, “Your critical decision, what you did beneath that lake it was in such conflict with your image of yourself that you are not at war within your own mind and body.” Iroh explained, “What does that mean?” Zuko asked, he started to cough a little, “you are going through a metamorphosis my nephew, it will not be a pleasant experience but when you come out of it you will be the beautiful prince you are always meant to be.” Iroh explained.

You opened the door and walked inside, “I’m back.” You smiled, “Great, just set the water down there.” Iroh said, you walked over and put the bucket down and returned to your seat next to Zuko. Zuko taken your hand and held it, you smiled and rubbed your thumb across his hand.

Later on Iroh fell asleep but you stayed awake watching over Zuko, you could see that he was having a nightmare, you felt his grip get righter on your hand. Zuko woke up screaming, “Zuko…” you put your hand on his shoulder, he looked at you shocked and touched his scar, “Sorry about that…” Zuko said, “It’s okay… everyone has nightmares.” You held his hand from his cheek, “Just get better soon.” You smiled.

~FF~
You woke up in your new apartment and stretched in bed, you pulled on your trousers and put your green shirt on and walked out of your room yawning while rubbing your eyes.

You accidently walked into someone, “Sorry.” You looked up at Zuko; he smiled at you then picked you up and spun you around, you laughed a little as he set you down, “What’s up with the new Zuko?” you asked, “It’s a great day, uncle is opening his new teashop and we have a new life, things are looking up.” Zuko smiled and kissed you passionately. You smiled as Zuko pulled away and walked down the corridor.

-Zuko’s POV-
“Who thought when we came to this city as refugees that I’d end up owning my own teashop, follow your passion Zuko and life will reward you.” Iroh smiled. Xia was helping people to their seats in the new teashop, “Congratulations uncle, I’ve already been rewarded,” I smiled, “With what?” my uncle looked at me, “With a beautiful woman.” I looked over at Xia, “I am very thankful,” My uncle smiled, “You deserve it, the Jasmine Dragon will be the best teashop in the city.” I smiled at my uncle, “No, I’m thankful because you decided to share this special day with me. It means more then you know.” My uncle smiled, I gave him a hug, “Don’t leave me out.” We both looked at Xia, she smiled as she jumped into the middle of out hug. I smiled at Xia as she pulled out, “Now let’s make these people some tea.” I said, “Yes, let’s make some tea.” My uncle smiled.

~Xia’s POV~
You were having a great day, serving tea. As the shop was coming to a close you and Zuko were dusting the floor, a man walked in and gave Iroh a letter, “A message from the royal palace.” The man bowed, Iroh opened the letter and read it, “I… I can’t believe it!” Iroh smiled, “What is it uncle?” Zuko said, “Tell us.” You smiled, “great news we’ve been invited to serve tea to the earth king!” Iroh smiled and ran off, you and Zuko looked at each other and smiled, “Life’s going to be great now.” You said, “Yes, it will.” Zuko taken your hand and pulled you towards him, he pulled you into an embrace as you smiled.

The next day you were all taken to the palace to meet the king, “Many times I imagined myself here. At the threshold of the palace, but I always thought I would be here as a conqueror instead, we are the Earth King’s personal guests here to serve him tea. Destiny is a funny thing.” Iroh smiled, “It sure is uncle.” Zuko replied, you held Zuko’s hand as you all walked inside.

You all waited in a room for the King to show as Iroh poured his own cup of tea, “What’s taking so long?” Zuko asked, “Maybe the Earth King overslept…” Iroh suggested as a group of men walked in and surrounded you all. “Something’s not right…” Zuko said, “How did you guess…” you replied.

“It’s tea time.” Azula walked in and stood in front of the chair, “Azula.” Zuko stood up, “Have you met the Dia li? Their earth benders but they have a killer instinct that’s so fire bender, I just love it.” Azula said, you and Iroh stood up, “Did I ever tell you how I got the nickname, the Dragon of the West?” Iroh asked, “I’m not interested in a lengthy anecdote.” Azula looked at her nails, “It’s more of a demonstration really.” Iroh taken a drink of his hot tea, Zuko pulled you down as Iroh had flames coming from his mouth.

Zuko blasted through the walls as he pulled your hand along, Iroh blasted out a wall and jumped out. You followed and landed on the ground in a heap. You lay on your back and looked up at Zuko, “Come on Zuko!” you yelled, “You’ll be fine!” Iroh called, “No, I’m tired of running its time I faced Azula.” Zuko said, “No!” you yelled Iroh grabbed your hand and shook his head.

Iroh ran with you away from the palace. You two both went and found the Avatar’s house, Iroh knocked, “Glad to see your okay.” The earth-bending girl opened the door, “We need your help.” Iroh said, Sokka and Aang screamed. “You guys know each other?” Aang asked, “I met him in the woods once and knocked him down, then he gave me some tea and some very good advice.” The girl said, “May we come in?” Iroh asked.

You two both looked at Aang, Sokka and the new girl, “Princess Azula is here in Ba Sing Se.” Iroh said, “She must have Katara.” Aang said, “She has captured Zuko also…” you bowed your head down, “Then we’ll work together to fight Azula and save Katara and Zuko.” Aang explained, “Whoa there you lost me at Zuko,” Sokka said, “I know how you must feel about my nephew but believe me when I tell you there is good inside him.” Iroh smiled, “And I’ve helped you guys many times before… just do this favor for us please… Zuko has changed a lot.” You explained.

“You’ve helped them?” Iroh looked at you, “Oh yea, she helped us get away from you and Zuko many times,” Sokka folded his arms, you looked away and bit your bottom lip, “I know the Avatar can save the world, that’s why I helped…” you looked at Iroh, he smiled, “Good.” He said, “Good?” you looked at Iroh confused, “But anyway, good inside him isn’t enough why don’t you come back when its outside him to okay.” Sokka pushed Iroh away, “Katara’s in trouble all of Ba Sing Se is in trouble, working together is our best chance,” Aang said, Sokka nodded. “We brought someone along who might be able to help us.” Iroh walked outside.

The Earth bending girl trapped the man in rock and you removed his muzzle, “Azula and Long Feng are plotting a coo they’re going to over throw the Earth King.” The man explained, “My sister, where are they keeping Katara?” Sokka asked, “In the crystal catacombs below Ba Sing Se, deep beneath the palace.” The man explained, you all left to go and got to the palace.

“Well whadda ya know. There is an ancient city down there. But its deep” Toph said, and made a huge hole in the ground, “We should split up, Aang, you, Iroh and Xia go down and look for Katara and the angry jerk, no offence.” Sokka quickly said as you glared at him, “None taken.” Iroh shrugged, “And I’ll go with Toph to warn the Earth King about Azula’s coo.” Sokka explained.

You, Kara, Aang and Iroh started making your way down the hole, “So Toph thinks you give pretty good advice and great tea.” Aang smiled, “The key to both is proper aging, what’s on your mind?” Iroh asked. Aang moved some more earth as you continued to walk behind both of them, “Well, I met with this Guru who was suppose to help me master the Avatar Sate and control this great power but to do it I had to let go of someone I love, and I just couldn’t.” Aang explained, “Affection and power are overrated I think you are very wise to chose happiness and love.” Iroh said, “What happens if we can’t save everyone and beat Azula without the Avatar Sate, what if I’m not powerful enough?” Aang asked, “I don’t know the answer sometimes life is like this dark tunnel, you can’t always see the light at the end of the tunnel but if you just keep moving, you will come to a better place.” Iroh said as you all made it to the end of the tunnel and into a huge underground room.

Aang blasted through another wall as you and Iroh followed, “Aang!” you looked to your right and saw Katara run over to Aang, Kara squawked and you saw Zuko then smiled, “Zuko!” you said and ran over to him. Zuko wrapped his arms around your waist as you looked at him, “I’m so glad your okay.” You smiled, “Uncle, Xia, I don’t understand what are you doing with the Avatar?” Zuko pointed at Aang, “Saving you that’s what.” Aang said, “Zuko, it’s time we talked, go help your other friends we’ll catch up with you.” Iroh said towards Aang.

“Why uncle? Xia?” Zuko asked, “Your not the man you use to be Zuko, you are stronger, and wiser and freer then you have ever been and now you have come to the crossroads of your destiny, its time for you to chose its time for you to chose good.” Iroh said. Suddenly your hands were trapped by a lot of crystals and Iroh was stuck also, Kara flew off, you pulled on the crystals but they wouldn’t break.

“I expected this kind of tertiary from uncle, but Zuko, Prince Zuko. You’re a lot of things but you’re not a traitor, are you?” Azula asked, “Release them immediately.” Zuko said, “It’s not too late for you Zuko, you can still redeem yourself.” Azula smirked, “The kind of redemption she offers is not for you.” Iroh said, “Why don’t you let him decide uncle? I need you Zuko, I’ve plotted every move of this day this glorious day in Fire Nation history, and the only way we win is together, at the end of this day you will have your honor back. You will have fathers love, you will have everything you want.” Azula explained, “Zuko, I am begging you, look into your heart and see what it is you truly want.” Iroh said, “You are free to chose.” Azula said and held her hand up, the two guards left and Azula walked off.

Zuko ran after Azula moments later, you struggled on the crystals to get yourself free, you sent a fire blast towards Iroh’s crystals with a kick and he was freed, “Thank you Xia.” He said, “You now have to chose also Xia, what are you going to do?” Iroh asked, “I made my decision the moment I knew the Avatar was alive…” you said, “What is that?” Iroh asked, you looked at him as he broken your crystals, “No matter what I’m going to help and join the Avatar.” You said, “Even if Zuko chooses not to.” You added, “Well then go help him.” Iroh pointed, you nodded and ran forward as Kara appeared and flew besides you.

As you came to the exit you saw Katara and Zuko were fighting. Katara got knocked back, as Zuko send another attack to finish her you sent one and stopped his attack. When the smoke vanished you stood in front of Katara protecting her. “Katara.” You said, “Yea?” she asked, “I’ve got Zuko, you help Aang.” You said, she was majorly shocked, “So you’re choosing the Avatar over me?” Zuko asked, “The Avatar is the one who is going to finish this war and return everything back to normal, and I want to do my part in helping… I’ve always been on his side.” You glared at Zuko, “By the end of this fight, we shall see if we will ever cross paths again.” You said, Zuko glared at you and sent the first attack. You dodged it but heard a terrible squawk behind you; you looked back and saw Kara on the floor. “No!” you screamed then looked at Zuko with hate in your eyes, “She was my friend!” you yelled and started to fight back but Zuko returned the attacks also.

You blocked all of Zuko’s attacks and sent a wave of water at him soaking him completely and wrapping his hands together, you then sent another water whip at him and thrown Zuko into the wall, “I can’t believe you chosen the Fire Nation over me…” you said, Zuko lifted himself up from the ground and looked at you, “To me right now, you’ve lost your honor.” You said, this shocked Zuko a little as you whipped the water around his ankle and thrown him again and he stopped himself on the ground to weak to get up, “Zuko 2, Xia 2… we no longer have to see each other.” You yelled from where you were standing.

Then the Dia li appeared out of nowhere, Katara stood up next to you and you both brought a lot of water out surrounding you both, “We can take em” you smirked, “Together?” Katara asked, you looked at her and smirked, “Together,” you taken Katara’s hand as a light appeared from the ground where the Avatar was, “Wow…” you gasped.

Just as the Avatar got to a certain height Azula attacked him with a lightning strike, you and Katara stood there in shock, you then both created a wave to get to Aang as he fell to the ground washing away all the Dia li, including Azula and Zuko.

Katara was holding Aang in her arms as you bowed your head down, you looked back at Zuko and Azula with tears in your eyes, “Are you happy now Zuko! The only way to restore the world to the way it was has now gone!” you yelled at him, Zuko stopped when he saw the tears stream down your face then a fire blast appeared out of nowhere and Iroh ran in.

“Uncle Iroh?” you asked, “You’ve got to get out of here, I’ll hold them off as long as I can.” Iroh said, you went to help him, “You too Xia, get out of here… you can teach the Avatar Fire bending!” Iroh explained, “thank you for everything, Uncle Iroh.” You nodded with a determined look on your face and ran back with Katara escaping.

You were all on Appa flying away from Ba Sing Se as Katara pulled out a small pouch, the water from it glowed as she used it to heal Aang and bring him back to life. “The Earth Kingdom, has fallen.” The Earth King said, “I’m sorry…” you said, “It’s not your fault.” Toph said, “It feels like it…” you hugged yourself, “Well maybe if you taken more care of your boyfriend-” “HE’S NOT MY BOYFRIEND ANYMORE!” you snapped at Sokka, “I hate him! He killed Kara…” you cried, Sokka shut up and put his hand on your shoulder, “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to upset you.” He said, “It’s okay… just don’t talk to me about him again… its too painful…” you hugged yourself again.