Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Sokka's Master

You were all leaning against a rock watching thousands of shooting stars fly by, “These are so beautiful…” you said, “Wow, this is amazing to watch,” Katara said, “Kinda makes you realize how insignificant we are.” Sokka said, “If you’ve seen nothing once you’ve seen it a thousand times.” Toph said, then one big star went flying overhead, “Oh man, you’ve never not seen anything like this!” Sokka said. The star shot overhead and crashed into the ground.

You all flew over where the meteor fell and saw the ground was on fire, “The fire is gonna destroy that town.” Katara said, “Not if we can stop it.” Aang said, everyone jumped on the ground as you and Katara jumped up front, “We’re going to bend some water from the creek over there and bend it on to the fire to calm it down.” You explained, Katara controlled Appa as you both reached the creek.

You both lifted up a lot of water and flew back over to the fire to put the flames out from over head. Aang and Toph made a trench to keep the fire in once place. You gave Aang some of your water to put the fire out.

You both landed on the floor, “Good work everybody.” Aang smiled.

“These people have no idea how close they were to getting toasted last night.” Aang said, “Yea the worst thing about being in disguise is we don’t get the hero worship any more. I miss the love.” Toph said, “Boo who, poor heroes,” Sokka said, you all looked at him shocked, “What’s your problem? You haven’t even touched your smoke sea slug” Katara said, “It’s just all you guys can do this awesome bending stuff like putting out forest fires and flying around, and making other stuff fly around, I can’t fly around okay. I can’t do anything…” Sokka said.

“That’s not true, no one can read a map like you.” Katara said, “I can’t read at all.” Toph added, “Plus you’re the idea guy!” you said, “Yea and who keeps us laughing with sarcastic comments all the time. I mean look at Katara’s hair right, what’s up with that?” Aang asked, “What? What’s wrong with my hair?” Katara asked, “It taken me ages to make it look that good Aang, so yea, what is wrong with it?” you asked, glaring at him, “Nothing I was just trying to-” “Look I appreciate the effort, but the fact is each of you is so amazing and so special, and I’m… not. I’m just the guy in the group who’s regular.” Sokka said.

Katara sat next to Sokka, “I’m sorry you’re feeling so down, but I hope you know none of us see you that way.” Katara explained then smiled, “I know something that’s going to make you feel better.” Katara put her hand on Sokka’s shoulder, “you do?” Sokka asked.

“Shopping!” Sokka clapped his hands and ran into the weapons shop, “Oh my god… he’s worse then a girl clothes shopping…” you smacked your hand to your forehead.

You walked around the shop and looked at the bows and arrows because you had left yours behind at that house in the Earth Kingdom. You picked one up and pulled the string then let go. You walked around until you saw the group were looking at a long sword, “That’s what you needed all along Sokka!” Aang said, “A sword?” Sokka asked, “Not a sword, a master.” Aang replied, “Yea, we’ve all had masters to help us get better, you should see if you can study with Piandao.” Aang suggested, “That’s a great idea, I could have never got to where I am without Master Pakku, everyone needs a teacher.” Katara explained, “I learned from Badger Moles, they don’t talk but they’re still good teachers.” Toph explained, “My parents taught me all they knew, before they died that is… then I taught myself…” you explained, “It would be nice to be a master sword fighter, alright, I’ll talk to him.” Sokka said.

You all went back to camp while Sokka went to train with Piandao. “What shall we do today?” Aang asked, you all lay down on the ground in a circle, “I’m tapped out, I already picked my toes, twice…” Toph explained, “Twice?” Aang asked, “The first times for cleaning, but the second times just for the sweet picking sensation.” Toph smiled, “Sokka’s been in charge of the schedule, I’m not sure what we should be doing…” Katara said, “Plus its so hot today,” Toph said, you sat up, “How hot is it?” Aang smiled, “I don’t know, real hot?” Toph replied, “It, its so hot, its so hot, Momo is shedding like Appa.” Katara tried to make a joke but failed, “I’m going to sit in the shade.” You said and stood up, “Fed up of staying in one place which is really hot…” you said and walked off.

You sat under the shade and closed your eyes thinking about Zuko.

“Suicide I cry with bloody tears.
Suicide I cry with all my fears.

Suicide I cry in heartache and pain.
Suicide I cry while living in vain.

Suicide I cry with a torn soul.
Suicide I cry to once again be made whole.

Suicide I cry with cold weary eyes.
Suicide I cry in the mist of all these lies.

Suicide I cry and hold myself tight.
Suicide I cry all through the night.”

You muttered and opened your eyes to see the others standing in front of you, you screamed as you didn’t like the fact they snuck up on you. “Sorry, we just heard you talking to yourself and wondered what you were saying.” Aang said, “I wasn’t talking, I was reciting a poem.” You explained, “Poem?” Toph asked, “Yea, I come up with poems depending on how I feel.” You explained, “and you spoke about suicide?” Toph asked, “Yea…” you put your hand behind your head, “you miss Zuko don’t you?” Katara asked, “I’m telling you he did change! A hell of a lot since I first met him… but… I guess it was all just a cover… and I still can’t get over the pig!” you yelled and punched the wall.

Katara put her hand on your shoulder, “Let’s walk.” She said, you nodded.

You both walked a while until you both sat down, “So, what did you want to talk about?” you asked, “You really need to get over Zuko.” Katara snapped, “I don’t know why you like him…” Katara added, “It’s none of your business, but I guess in the caves you two got friendly…” you hugged your knees, “He tricked me,” Katara said, “He did the same to me… and now I hate that I love him…” you had a tear slip your eye, “I can’t help but still love him, everyday I think about him… and something everyday has reminded me about him… and I just hate it…” you muttered.

“I hate that he left me
I hate that I fell for him
I hate that his smile haunts
I hate that he died
I hate that I can't be angry
I hate that I'm upset
I hate that he wanted this
I hate that I wasn't enough
I hate that I couldn't make him happy
I hate that he’s gone
I hate that I don't hate him
I hate that his laugh is gone
I hate his gentle kisses
I hate that I can't stop crying
I hate that life goes on
I hate that he’s not actually dead
I hate his choices
I hate the honor that he loves
I hate I feel that he’s dead
I hate he’s no longer mine
I hate the people he now calls friends
I hate his dad for what he's done
I hate seeing him so unhappy
I hate so many things but the one
I hate that I love him
I hate I would die for him
I hate I'll never get over him
I hate this new Zuko
I hate myself for not hating him”

You finished another poem and stood up, “I hate myself for losing him.” You muttered and walked back to camp.

[Katara’s POV]
She’s so depressed about Zuko, I don’t understand how she can love such a man!

~Xia’s POV~
You went and sat back in camp with Katara, Aang and Toph as they were looking over the map. “So, where are we going next?” Katara asked, “We’re starting from here…” Katara said, “No were over on this island,” Aang pointed at the map, “You noodle brains don’t know what your doing, I miss Sokka.” Toph said, “Oo, I got one. If you miss him so much, why don’t you marry him.” Katara smiled, you all looked at her with a blank face, Aang blown a fly away.

~FF~
“Sokka’s coming!” Toph sat up, you all saw him walk over, “Hey guys! What are you doing?” Sokka asked, “Sokka!” Aang smiled, “Your back!” Toph said, “We missed you so much!” Katara said, as you all hugged Sokka, “Say something funny!” Aang said “Funny how?” Sokka replied, the others laughed, you just smiled a little, “What’s there deal?” Sokka asked, “I don’t know, the missed you or something, I didn’t care.” Toph turned around, “Thanks, that warms my heart. Anyway I need some help.” Sokka explained.

You all went back to the meteorite to get for Sokka’s new sword, you all pushed it up the hill as Toph used earth bending to help push it up.

Sokka knocked on the door wildly as it opened, “Who’s this?” A man asked, “These are my friends, just other good Fire Nation folks.” Sokka explained as you all shown your respects to him. “Do you think we can make a sword out of a meteorite?” Sokka asked, “We’ll make a sword unlike any other in the world.” The man said.

Sokka got to making the sword with his master as you all waited for him. You watched him working from time to time until the next day when it was finished.

“Sokka, when you first arrived you were so unsure, you even seemed down on yourself. But I saw something in you right away. I saw a heart as strong as a lion turtle and twice as big, and as we trained, it wasn’t your skills that impressed me. No it certainly wasn’t your skills, you showed something beyond that, creativity, versatility, intelligence, these are the traits that define a great swordsman and these are the traits that define you.” Piandao held Sokka’s sword out towards him, “You told me you didn’t know if you were worthy but I believe that you are more worthy then any man I have ever trained.” Piandao smiled.

“I’m sorry master, your wrong, I am not worthy. I’m not who you think I am, I’m not from the Fire Nation I’m from the Southern Water Tribe, I lied so that I could learn swordsmanship from you, I’m sorry.” Sokka held his sword back towards Piandao, you smacked your forehead. “I’m sorry too.” Piandao said and pulled his sword out, both swords clashed as you all jumped up. “No. This is my fight, alone.” Sokka explained.

Sokka and Piandao had their fight outside, you were standing on the balcony hoping Sokka would be fine as they started to fight. They went across the bridge, made there way up the stairs. Sokka jumped up on a higher level, then they went into the small forest.

Sokka ran out a while later screaming as the fight continued, Sokka blinded Piandao with dust from the ground as he tiptoed around until he stepped on a twig, you smacked your forehead as Piandao attacked.

You all jumped over the rail as Sokka fell to the ground, Piandao removed his sword, “Excellent work Sokka,” Piandao said, you were all confused, he waved his hand as his servant thrown the sword cover and it landed straight on the sword, “awesome…” you muttered, “I think I’m a little old to be fighting the Avatar.” Piandao said, “How did you know?” Aang asked, “Oh I’ve been around a while, picked things up of course I knew from the beginning that Sokka was water tribe.” Piandao explained, “You might want to think of a better Fire Nation cover name. Try Lee, there’s a million Lee’s,” Piandao explained, “But why would you agree to train someone from the water tribe?” Katara asked, “The way of the sword doesn’t belong to any one nation, knowledge of the arts belongs to us all.” Piandao explained, he pulled Sokka’s sword out of the ground and held the hilt towards him.

“Sokka, you must continue your training on your own, if you stay on this path I know that one day you will become an even greater master then I am.” Piandao explained, they both shown their respects.

You all left the house to carry on your journey, “Wait!” the butler called, “The master wanted you to have this. As something to remember him by” He said, he gave Sokka a small bag.

Sokka opened the bag and held up a small Pai Sho tile, “It’s a Pai Sho tile,” Sokka said, “The white lotus?” Aang asked, “hm.” Toph muttered, “What does it mean?” Katara asked, “I have no idea…” Sokka replied.

~“Who knocks at the guarded gate?” a man behind the door asked, “One who has eaten the fruit and tasted its mysteries.” Iroh replied, the two men walked in but as you and Zuko went up to the door it closed, “I’m afraid its members only, wait out here…” Iroh explained through the slot. “Sure…” you shrugged and walked back.~

“The club…” you muttered, “Oo, Toph I thought you might like this since you’ve never had a chance to bend space earth before.” Sokka said, “Sweet!” Toph smiled, “Check this out!” She smiled and bended the earth, “You know I don’t think there’s such a thing as Space earth, if its from space then its not really earth.” Katara said, “Must you ruin everything?” Sokka asked, “I can’t believe I missed you…” Katara said.