Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Daydreams and Nightmares

You all emerged out of the bushes and into a new area, “This is it, the official rendezvous point for the invasion force.” Sokka said, “How did you find this place?” Toph asked, “Before we split up my dad and I found this place on a map its uninhabited and the harbors surrounded by cliffs seems like the perfect secluded place.” Sokka explained, “Nice choice Sokka. And we’re here four days ahead of schedule.” Katara smiled, “Wait, 4 days! The invasions in 4 days.” Aang looked nervous, “Yep, and we didn’t even need Sokka’s long schedule to get us here.” You smirked as Sokka gave you a quick glare then lay down on his sleeping bag, “Whatever, that’s like 4 days from now, let’s just calm down and…” Sokka fell asleep, “Sokka’s got the right idea Aang, we’re here, we’re ready, the best thing we can do is get plenty of rest.” Katara lay down.

You saw Aang looked nervous, “Don’t be nervous Aang…” you stood up, “You’ll be fine by tomorrow, just carry on like it’s the normal thing us lot do okay.” You winked at him, “Sure… normal day… normal problems…” Aang said.

You all woke up next morning to hear a thumping noise, you sat up and looked at Aang. Katara walked over to him as you grabbed your scarf and tied it around your waist, “I’m going for a walk…” you waved.

You sat down by the cliff away from the others and thought about the invasion. “I wonder if I’ll see Zuko…” you muttered then hugged yourself.

~“Zuko 2, Xia 2… we no longer have to see each other.”~

“But will we… I don’t want to… I’ll just break down…” you hugged your knees towards your body as someone sat next to you, “You okay?” Sokka asked, “I’m just worried…” you replied, “About what?” Sokka asked, “If I’ll see Zuko again… I mean… he left me for his stupid honor and the Fire Nation, I should be mad at him… but with all my heart I still love him and I can’t get him out of my head…” you explained, “Don’t talk to me about love… though… I did lose someone I loved once.” Sokka said, you looked at him, “Who?” you asked, “She was a princess at the Northern Water Tribe… but she became the Moon Spirit…” Sokka explained, “You must be proud of her though, for giving up everything she had to save the entire world…” you replied, “I am, but I still miss her.” Sokka said.

You looked away, “I guess love is hell…” you said, “Why would you say that?” Sokka asked, “Love is never easy, I’ve learned that over the years, I never was truly in love until I met Zuko, but before him when I saw other couples. I could tell what they had been through to get together. Depending on how they are with each other… like with most rich couples they have an arranged marriage, and with poorer couples… they are truly in love. You can see the difference when it comes to looking at the different classes.” You explained, “I see what you mean…” Sokka replied, “But, with me and Zuko… he was a Prince and I was a commoner… that’s a forbidden love and banished to hell… that is why we didn’t work out in the end… but it still hurts so much…” you hidden your face as a few tears shown, Sokka put his arm around you and brought you into an embrace.

“You’re a great friend Sokka…” you smiled and sat up, “I know…” Sokka’s cocky smile made you laugh, “A best friend Sokka.” You smiled, “Yep, best friends.” Sokka smiled, he helped you up as you both walked back to camp laughing and joking with your new best friend.

You went to bed that night as you heard Aang return, “Goodnight Katara, Goodnight Sokka, Goodnight Toph, Goodnight Xia, Goodnight Appa, Goodnight Momo, Goodnight Appa and Momo-” “Go to sleep already!” Toph yelled, you drifted off quickly.

The next morning Aang was yelling, “Sokka I gotta know what day it is?” he asked, “What who’s talking?” Sokka grabbed his sword and ran into a rock, you winced, “Ouch…” you said, he fell on the floor as you walked over to with and put his head on your lap while you pulled water from the grass and soothed his head, “Relax it’s still two days before the invasion.” Toph said, “Better?” you asked, “Much.” Sokka smiled, “The benefit of a best friend.” You smiled.

“Sokka you’ve gotta get up and show me your rock climbing exercises,” Aang said, “What?” Sokka asked, “In one of my dreams, you were running from Fire Nation soldiers trying to climb this cliff but you were too slow and they got you!” Aang explained, “Aang calm down,” you said, “And you, I want you to show me how you are with swimming, in that dream you were pushed into the sea and almost drowned and that’s how the Fire Nation caught you!” Aang explained, “I can swim fine Aang…” you said, “And that was just a dream, I’m a great climber” Sokka stood up, “Then climb that cliff, climb it fast!” Aang yelled, Sokka pointed and Aang nodded.

“Don’t drink that!” Aang yelled, “Why is it poisoned?” Toph asked as Katara pulled the water off her and thrown it away, “In my dream we were right in the middle of the invasion and you had to stop to use the bathroom we died because of your tiny bladder, and you need to start wearing your hair up in my dream your hair got caught in a train-” “Aang, I know your just trying to help but you really need to get a grip, your unraveling.” Katara stopped him, “Your right, I’m losing my mind,” Aang said,

Later that day…

“It’s like every time I think about how stressed I am I just end up more stressed, I’m like a big growing snowball of nerves!” Aang explained, “Of course you are that’s because you’ve gotta fight the Fire Lord the baddest man on the planet, and you better win or we’re all done for.” Sokka explained, you walked over to him and whacked him around the head, “Shut up Sokka, don’t make it any more worse for him!” you snapped, “But its true. That’s the deal he knows it.” Sokka looked at you, “Just sesh!” you pretended to zip your lips.

Katara walked over to Aang, “You know what? I’ve got just the thing get ready to be de-stressified.” Katara smiled.

The others all come up with ideas to help Aang, but none of them worked, now it was your turn, “How I release stress is far more fun! I spar!” you smiled, “you mean a one on one?” Aang asked, “Yea… then that will also make you tired ready for a nice sleep.” You smiled, “No thanks…” Aang said, “Why not?” you asked, “I’m the Avatar and it’s not really fair against a you when you can only water bend now…” Aang explained, “True… but come on fight me!” you smiled, “No.” Aang said and walked away, you stood up, “So much for my plan…” you muttered.

“Thanks for everything guys,” Aang said, “So? Do you feel less stressed? Ready for a good nights sleep?” Katara asked, “Er I kinda think I sorta might slightly feel a little better, maybe…” Aang replied, “Then our work here is done.” Sokka said and lay back falling asleep, you all followed with the same action.

A loud call out woken you up, “What happened Aang?” Katara asked, you all walked over to him, “It’s the nightmares, they just get worse and worse…” Aang said, “Looks like its time for, another therapy session.” Sokka turned around with his fake beard, you punched his head to the ground, “That didn’t work the first time…” you said, “Xia’s right that won’t help, nothing helps. There’s only one thing I can do, I’m going to stay awake straight through to the invasion…” Aang explained, you were highly worried now.

The next day you practiced your water bending techniques all day until you went back help Sokka making Appa’s armor.

You all then confronted Aang as you saw him talking Momo… “Aang? We’re all starting to get a little worried about you…” Katara said, “You’ve been awake too long,” Sokka said, “And your acting down right weird,” Toph said, “You need to get your mind off the invasion,” you said, “Look I appreciate what you guys are saying but the stress and the nightmares they were just too much staying awake is the best way for me to deal with it.” Aang explained, then moments later he grabbed Sokka, “Sokka, what should we do?” Aang asked, “About what?” Sokka asked, “About that?” Aang pointed towards Momo and Appa and they were just standing next to each other. You smacked your forehead and walked off.

You 4 made a nice bed for Aang as he walked up to it with a small fog setting in, “Oh look, another hallucination, an imaginary bed made out of clouds…” Aang said, “Hey! Its real we spent hours working on it,” Toph said, “We made it for you, a good night sleep will probably take the crazy away, we hope,” Sokka said, “Look, you guys keep telling me I need sleep but I can’t the invasions tomorrow,” Aang explained, “Aang-” “No Katara, there’s still so much I haven’t learn, I don’t need sleep, what I need is practice, quick hit me.” Aang said, “I’m not going to hit you.” Katara said, “You want me to do it?” Toph asked, you and Sokka nudged Toph, “Listen to me, you’ve been training for this since the day we met I’ve seen your progress your smart brave and strong enough,” Katara said, “you really think so?” Aang asked, “We all do, you can do this, your ready,” Sokka smiled, “You’re the man twinkle toes,” Toph smiled, “You’re a strong kid, and the bravest I’ve ever met your age, you’re stronger then you know,” you smiled, “Thanks guys,” Aang smiled then yawned, Katara lay him down on the bed as he got comfy, “you know what? I think I am ready.” Aang smiled.