Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Commander Zhao... Pervert...

The ship stopped off at a Fire Nation dock (outside Fire Nation waters). You walked off with Iroh and Zuko. “Uncle, I want repairs made as quickly as possible, I don’t want to stay too long and risk losing his trail.” Zuko said, “You mean the Avatar?” Iroh asked, “Don’t mention his name on these docks. Once word gets out that he’s alive every Fire bender will be out looking for him and I don’t want anyone getting in the way.” Zuko explained.

“Getting in the way of what? Prince Zuko.” You looked to your right and saw a man walking over, “Captain Zhao.” Zuko said, you stood on Zuko’s left with your hands behind your back. “It’s commander now, and General Iroh, great hero of our nation, and who might you be?” Zhao looked at you, “I’m-” “She’s none of your concern.” Zuko stepped in front of you, “Now, now, Prince Zuko let the lady speak for herself.” Iroh said, “Yes, don’t leave the beautiful lady out.” Zhao smirked as you noticed he was looking not at your eyesight but at something lower down connected to your torso, you glared a little, “I’m Xia, it’s an honor to meet you.” You nodded, “Please in the presence of a beautiful woman like you, it’s all mine.” Zhao smirked and bowed a little. You laughed nervously as Zuko looked pissed.

“But anyway, the Fire Lords brother and son are welcome guests here anytime. What brings you to my harbor?” Zhao asked, “Our ship is being repaired.” Iroh said, “That’s quite a bit of damage.” Zhao said, “Yes, you wouldn’t believe what happened. Uncle tell the Commander Zhao what happened.” Zuko said, you could tell he wasn’t very good at coming up with stories. Then one came to you, “I kinda blew up the ship by accident…” you said blushing a little, Zhao looked at you, “How?” he asked, “I was practicing my daily routine of Fire Bending and I accidently and I messed up by slipping on the boat and one of my fireballs hit a cliff and all the rocks came tumbling down…” you explained grinning. Zuko liked your quick thinking as he smirked at you, “You’re a fire bender then…” Zhao smirked, “Yep, I’m not a master yet but I’m getting there.” You smiled.

“Well how about we discuss your skills over some tea.” Zhao was staring at your chest again, “Sorry but we have to go.” Zuko grabbed your hand and pulled you away until Iroh grabbed Zuko’s shoulder, “Prince Zuko, show Commander Zhao your respect. We would be honored to join you, do you have any Zing Zang Tea?” Iroh asked and walked forward. You looked at Zuko, as he didn’t seem please.

“Guessing you, don’t like him.” You muttered, “How could you tell?” Zuko looked at you as you two followed behind them. “I don’t either…” you muttered, “he keeps staring at my chest… pervert…” you muttered, Zuko smirked. “Calmed down eh?” you smirked, Zuko’s cheeks tinged pink as he looked away pretending to act annoyed. “I know that face is a lie…” you teased and stroked your finger against his cheek when you put your arm over his shoulders.

You stood besides Iroh looking at the weapons, Zhao was explaining about his attack on the Earth Kingdom, you had a sad look in your eye, as you hated the idea of war, so many people were hurt because of it. “If my father thinks the rest of the world will follow him willingly then he is a fool.” Zuko said, “Two years at sea have done nothing but tempered your tongue. So, how’s your search for the Avatar going?” Zhao smirked, Iroh knocked over the weapons and you put your leg out to stop them from falling and they all balanced, “My fault entirely…” Iroh said and backed off, “could at least help me…” you said and picked the weapons up putting them back into place.

“We haven’t found him yet.” Zuko said, “Did you really expect to? The Avatar died 100 years ago, along with the rest of the Air benders.” Zhao explained, “Unless you’ve found some evidence that the Avatar is alive.” Zhao smirked as you walked around. “No, nothing…” Zuko replied, Zhao looked at you smirking then back at Zuko. “Prince Zuko, the Avatar is the only one who can stop the Fire Nation from winning this war, if you have an ounce of loyalty left, you’ll tell me what you’ve found.” Zhao stood up. “I haven’t found anything… it’s like you said, the Avatar probably died a long time ago.” Zuko glared at Zhao. Zuko stood up, “Come on Uncle, Xia, we’re going.” Zuko stood up; you nodded and followed behind him.

You were both stopped by the soldiers in front, “Commander Zhao, we interrogated the crew. They confirmed Prince Zuko had the Avatar in custody, and let him escape.” One soldier said, you glared back at the soldier when he looked towards you two. “Now remind me, how exactly was your ship… damaged?” Zhao put his hand on your waist, you cringed and Zuko noticed.

Two guards were holding you back while Zuko told them the truth, “So a 12 year old boy, bested you and your fire benders. You’re more pathetic then I thought.” Zhao put his hands behind his back. “I underestimated him once, but it will not happen again.” Zuko said, you struggled a little against the guards grip on your arms. Zhao walked in front of you and looked at you, “No it will not, because you won’t have a second chance.” Zhao tilted your chin with his finger. “Commander Zhao, I’ve been hunting the Avatar for two years now, and I-“ “You failed.” Zhao turned around while bending his fire almost burning you. “Capturing the Avatar is too important to leave in a teenagers hands, he’s mine now.” Zhao walked out of the room then looked at you with a smirk.

“Keep them here… but bring her with me.” Zhao smirked, “Leave her alone!” Zuko yelled as the two guards pushed you out. When you got outside Zhao looked at you, “Keep her here… I only did that because I knew it would get on Prince Zuko’s nerves.” Zhao smirked at you, “Stop looking at my chest.” you snapped, Zhao smirked, “I’ll do much more then that if you don’t treat me with some respect girl.” Zhao glared at you, “I have a name.” you growled, “Xia. I know, now stay dog.” Zhao smirked and walked off, you glared at him, “That’s the nicest way of calling someone a bitch…” you muttered.

Zhao returned but before you went in he pulled your top down a little, “This should annoy Prince Zuko.” Zhao smirked; you glared at him and struggled against the guards as a lot of your cleavage was showing.

You got pushed in as your head was pushed down you looked up at Zuko. He saw how your top was and glared at Zhao, “My search party is ready. Once I’m out to sea, my guards will escort you back to your ship and you’ll be free to go.” Zhao explained, “Why? Are you worried I’m going to try and stop you?” Zuko glared, Zhao laughed, “You, stop me? Impossible.” Zhao smirked and stood in front of you, “Don’t underestimate me Zhao, I will capture the Avatar before you.” Zuko stood up as Zhao looked at you, “Prince Zuko, that’s enough.” Iroh said, “You can’t compete with me. I have hundred war ships under my command, you. Your just a banished Prince, no home, no allies, your own father doesn’t even want you.” Zhao smirked.

“Your wrong. Once I deliver the Avatar home he will welcome me with honor and restore my rightful place on the throne.” Zuko said, “If your father really wanted you home, he would have let you return by now. Avatar, or no Avatar. But in his eyes you are a failure and a disgrace to the Fire Nation.” Zhao explained, “That’s not true.” Zuko said, “You have the scar to prove it.” Zhao smirked at Zuko.

“Maybe you’d like one to match!” Zuko yelled, his temper was getting the better of him, “Is that a challenge?” Zhao smirked, “An Agni Kia! At sunset.” Zuko explained, “Very well… it’s a shame your father won’t be here to watch me humiliate you… I guess your uncle and Xia here will do.” Zhao smirked and walked out of the room, Zhao looked at you before he left.

The two guards pushed you forward towards Zuko as they walked out, “Prince Zuko, have you forgotten what happened last time you dueled a master?” Iroh asked, “I will never forget.” Zuko replied. “You shouldn’t…” you said, “I have to.” Zuko replied, then he looked at you, “What did he do to you?” he asked referring to your top, “nothing… when we got outside he kept me their saying it would get on your nerves and when he returned he lowered my top to annoy you more…” you explained and lifted it back up. “But he didn’t harm or touch me in anyway… but he always looks at me funny…” you glared at the door hugging yourself.

The time had come for the Agni Kia, you were stood Zuko’s side as he was kneeling down, you hadn’t really seen much of Zuko’s body since you started traveling with him, and to be honest you were blushing about his torso. “Remember your fire training basics Prince Zuko. They are your greatest weapons.” Iroh said, “I refuse to let him win.” Zuko said, he turned and stood up where the cloth on his shoulders fell to the ground, you hadn’t really seen a man topless before so you weren’t quite use to it.

The gong sounded and Zuko made the first move. In the fight Zuko was running out of breathe quickly, “Basic’s Zuko… break his roots” Iroh said, Zuko started to defend against Zhao’s attacks until he fell back. “Zuko…” you said, Zuko jumped back up and swung his leg under Zhao making him lose his balance.

Then Zuko was on the offensive again, Zhao fallen back and Zuko readied for the final attack. “Do it!” Zhao yelled but Zuko sent a fire blast past his face. You smiled and sighed in relief, Iroh smiled a little also as you both started to walk over. “That’s it? Your father raised a coward.” Zhao said, “Next time you get in my way, I promise, I won’t hold back.” Zuko said and walked towards you two.

You smiled at him as Zhao stood up behind, he went to attack Zuko but Iroh stopped it and pushed Zhao back. Zuko ran to attack Zhao but you got in the way and stopped him, “Its over…” you said, “He’s just a sore loser…” you said, you blushed a little as your hands were on his perfectly fine torso. Zuko smirked at you a little, “So this is how the great Commander Zhao acts in defeat. Disgraceful.” Iroh said, “Even when Prince Zuko is in exile from the Fire Nation he has more honor then you, Thanks for the warm welcome.” You snapped at Zhao. Zuko was shocked but Iroh just smiled, “Thanks for the tea, it was delicious.” Iroh smiled as you all walked back.

When you walked out Zuko looked at you, “Did you really mean that Xia?” Zuko asked, you looked at Zuko, “yea… when someone takes defeat they should accept it, not trash about. But you did the right thing not hurting him. Fire is too destructive… I learnt that the hard way…” you looked at both of your hands and clenched them into fists.

When you got back to the ship you went and had a shower and washed your hair. When you walked out in your towel you walked out to your room and saw Zuko standing by your bed, you jumped behind the wall. “Er… Zuko…” you said, you peaked around the corner, he looked back, “Yea?” he asked a little confused to why you were behind the wall. “Why are you in my room?” you asked, “I wanted to talk to you…” Zuko walked over. “Why?” you asked and quickly put some knickers on and wrapped the towel around you again before Zuko looked around the corner, “Oh, that’s why you were hiding…” Zuko’s cheeks turn red as he looked away.

-Zuko’s POV-
I’m such an idiot, I’m the Prince of the Fire Nation and yet I can’t control myself over one woman, girl… woman. She looked more womanly with just that towel on, what am I thinking!

“It’s okay… I don’t mind.” Xia said, I looked back at her, “You sure… I don’t mind staying outside your room till your dressed…” I said, “I need to dry off… so what did you want?” Xia asked, I looked at the knot in her towel and noticed it was slowly slipping out. “Erm… can I let you get dressed first before the towel falls…” I said, my face felt warm. Xia blinked then looked at the knot, when she moved it slipped completely and the towel fell, she screamed and turned me around before I saw anything. “Tell me you didn’t see anything…” I felt Xia stand a little too close behind me, “I didn’t…” I replied, “Good… now stay facing that way… or else…” Xia warned me.

As I heard her got changed I couldn’t help but be curious, when I looked back she put her top over her head and pulled it down to cover her chest which I didn’t see but I saw a scars down her arms where her gloves covered, “Your looking…” Xia looked at me, “It’s okay now I’m fully dressed... but you said you wouldn’t.” Xia said, “I didn’t promise I wouldn’t.” I replied, “Either that or I now call you a pervert…” Xia smirked.

“What happened to your arms?” I asked, Xia looked at her hands and arms, “You know when I said fire was dangerous…” she picked up her gloves and put her snake armband on her left arm, “Well this is what happened on my forth lesson with my mum… she was teaching me, and me being the stupid girl I was wasn’t paying attention until I burnt myself. All my arms burnt. From the palm on my right hand till my elbow, and my left palm till the middle of my arm.” Xia explained, “Though they weren’t severer my arms have been marked for years… I leave them like that to remind me to always be careful when using fire bending,” you explained.

I walked up to her and taken her hand, “My father caused the scar on my eye.” I said, Xia nodded, “Your uncle told me the story, that’s why I want to help you… but…” Xia looked away, “But what?” I asked, “I want this entire war to end now… I hate wars… I hate what they did to my family…” Xia said, I didn’t know what to do, but I put my hand on her shoulder and she smiled at me a little, “Thanks…” she said.

We both walked back into her room, “Erm… you didn’t answer my question from earlier…” Xia said.

~Xia’s POV~
“What question?” Zuko asked, “Why are you wanting to talk with me?” you asked, “Oh right… I just wanted to talk like we did on the first night we actually talked with each other…” Zuko replied, “Because my voice calms you down?” you smirked, Zuko raised an eyebrow, “You should know that’s never going to get old…” you smirked, “For you it won’t…” Zuko smirked back; you stuck your tongue out.