Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Firebending Masters Pt. 2 - The Masters

Aang climbed up then jumped on the same statue as you and used air bending to try and free Zuko, all he did was flip over, “Well that worked well…” you said, “you try and think of something them!” Aang yelled, “I’m under too much pressure!” you replied, Aang tried to pull his staff back but it was stuck, he then wrapped his arm around your waist and jumped up to Zuko with you.

Now you were stuck to the bars next to Zuko, “Great…” you said, “I can’t move, Zuko do something!” Aang said, “Me? I can’t move either!” Zuko said, the green sludge pushed you up to the bars then stopped, “It stopped…” Aang said, “At least we have air… maybe if we stay calm we can figure a way out of this…” Zuko explained.

You were there for a while…

“You had to pick up the glowing egg…” Aang said, “At least I made something happen, if it were up to you we would have never made it past the courtyard,” Zuko snapped back, “Help!” Aang yelled, “Who are you yelling to? Nobodies lived here for centuries,” Zuko said, “Well what do you suppose we do?” you asked, “think about our place in the universe?” Zuko suggested, Aang sighed.

“Who’s down there?” a man looked over the three of you.

You were sitting between Aang and Zuko as these anteater things were licking the green stuff off you. “For trying to take our sunstone you must be severely punished!” The chief said, “We didn’t come here to take your sunstone, we came to find the ancient order on all fire bending,” Zuko replied, “Yea right, their obviously thieves here to steal sun warrior treasures,” a man walked forward, “Please, I don’t normally play this card but, I’m the Avatar,” Aang smiled and stood up.

“Just hear us out,” Aang smiled, “My name is Zuko, crowned prince of the Fire Nation, or at least I use to be, I know my people have disordered the ways of fire bending to be fueled by anger and rage, but now I want to learn the true way, the original way. When we came here I never imagined the Sun Warriors civilization was secretly alive, I am truly humble to be in your presence,” you all bowed your heads down, “Please teach us?” Zuko asked, “If you wish to learn the ways of the sun you must learn them from the masters Ran, Chong and Zhou,” the Chief explained, “Ran, Chong and Zhou? There are three of them?” Aang asked, “When you present yourselves to them they will examine you, they’ll read your hearts, your souls, and your ancestry, if they deem you worthy they’ll teach you, if they don’t you will be destroyed on the spot,” the Chief explained.

The next morning you three were standing in front of a huge flame, “If your going to see the masters you must bring them a piece of the eternal flame, this fire is the very first one, it was given to man by dragons, we have kept it going for thousands of years,” the Chief explained, “I don’t believe it,” Zuko muttered, “Me neither…” you replied and looked at the flame, “You will each take a piece of it to the masters, to show your commitment to the sacred art of fire bending,” the chief explained, “Er, mister Sun Chief sir, yea… I’m not a fire bender yet, couldn’t my friend here carry my fire for me?” Aang asked, “No,” The chief quickly replied, “Blunt…” you muttered as the chief pulled out a big flame he split, “This ritual, illustrates the essence of Sun Warrior philosophy you must contain a constant heat, the flame will go out if you make it to small, make it to big and you might lose control.” The Chief handed Zuko and yourself your flames then he went to give Aang’s his.

“I’m sorry I’m just a little nervous,” Aang taken the flame and then smiled, “It’s like a little heart beat,” he smiled, “Fire is life, not just destruction, you will take your flames up there. The cave of the masters is just beneath that rock,” The chief pointed to a mountain with three points from.

You three started climbing the mountain, Zuko was in front you were just behind and Aang wasn’t far, soon Aang started to drift behind. “Come on Aang!” you called, “I can’t, if I walk to fast, my flame will go out,” Aang said, “Your flames going to go out because it’s too small, your too timid, give it more juice,” Zuko explained, “But what if I can’t control it?” Aang asked, “You can do it, I know you can, you’re a talented kid,” Zuko said, “Too true,” you nodded in agreement, Aang smiled at you both then climbed up.

You all got to the top of the mountain and saw the stairs that leaded to the caves. “Facing the judgment of the fire bending masters will be very dangerous for you. Your ancestors are directly responsible for the dragons disappearance, the masters might not be so happy to see you,” The Chief looked at Zuko, “I know I wouldn’t be,” the man next to him said, “But once they find out I’m the Avatar,” Aang spoke up, “Have you forgotten that you vanished allowing the Fire Nation to wreck havoc on the world, the decline of the dragons is your burden too,” the Chief said, he then smashed his pole into the ground and taken some of Aang’s and Zuko’s fire, he gave a piece to two of the warriors by his side then taken a piece of your flame and handed it to the man who appeared behind you three.

They started sending it around, to each other, “We could turn back now, we’ve already learned more about fire then we’d hoped,” Aang held up his small flame and smiled, “No, we’re seeing this through to the end, we’re going to meet these masters and find out what’s so great about them,” Zuko said, “What if they judge us? And attack us?” Aang asked, “Well we’re the fire prince and the Avatar,” Zuko said, you coughed, “and a very talented sword fighter, I think we can take these guys in a fight whoever they are,” Zuko smirked and held the hilt of his blade, Aang nodded unsure.

Zuko looked to the front, “Bring them out,” he said, “chanters!” the Chief called, the people around you started banging on drums and chanting a beat to go with it. You three walked forward with your flames, the Chief stepped out of the way with the other three. You all stopped looked at each other then taken a sigh and walked up the stairs.

Once at the top you looked down into the three caves, “Those who wish to meet the masters Ran, Chong and Zhou will now present their fire,” a man called form the bottom. You all turned to a cave each and held your flame up.

“Sound the call!” the Chief yelled, a horn was blown and the caves shook, “What’s happening?” Aang asked, you heard him move around then he gasped. “Zuko, Xia, my fire went out,” Aang said, “What do you want me to do?” Zuko asked, “Give me some of yours,” Aang said, you looked back at the two while holding your flame; they were like boys with toys.

Wait, boys with hot flaming toys…

“No, just make your own,” Zuko said, “I can’t,” Aang said them reached towards Zuko’s fire, “Get some off those warriors, hurry. Stop cheating off me!” Zuko snapped, “Quit being stingy,” Aang kept trying to reach for Zuko’s flame but it went out as soon as Aang knocked his hands.

They both looked at you, “Make your own,” you said sternly and looked away, “Xia-” “Your own fault guys,” you interrupted Zuko, you felt an arm wrap around your waist and reach out to your flame, “Now your cheating,” you muttered, “So?” Zuko asked, as you moved away, Aang come around and knocked your hand making you lose the flame, “bugger…” you muttered as the area started to shake, “Oh oo…” Aang said.

You heard a roar then a red dragon appeared. You watched it fly around you then a blue dragon appeared also. You looked in the cave ahead and a yellow dragon appeared in front of you. They started flying around you three in a circle, “These are the masters…” Zuko said, “Still think we can take em?” Aang asked, “Shh, I never said that,” Zuko quickly spoke; “way to cover it up…” you spoke as the dragons continued to fly around.

You noticed they were flying in some sort of rhythm, “Zuko, Xia, I think we’re suppose to do the dragon dance with them...” Aang said, “What about this situation makes you think they want us to dance?” Zuko asked, “Look at what they’re doing Zuko, they are moving in a certain way over and over…” you explained, “Let’s just try it,” Aang said, “Fine,” Zuko replied, you all started to follow the moves of the Dancing Dragon.

The dragons were following your moves keeping in line until you finished together. The dragons were hovering over the platform, you looked at the yellow dragon a little afraid as you taken Zuko and Aang’s hand. The dragons held onto the tower then flames burst out of there mouths, Zuko pulled you towards him in a protective embrace until you all looked up, “Wow…” you saw many colours in the fire twisting.

You understood what the dragons were teaching you, you smiled to yourself, “I understand…” Zuko muttered, the fire stopped and the three dragons took off and then returned to their caves. You stood there in Zuko’s arms with a small smiled on your face.

You three walked down the stairs, “Their fire was beautiful, I saw so many colours, colours I never imagined,” Zuko said, “Like fire bending harmony,” Aang said.

“Yes, they judged you, and gave you visions of the meaning of fire bending,” the Chief said, “I can’t believe there are still living breathing dragons, my uncle Iroh said e faced the last dragon and killed it,” Zuko explained, “So your uncle lied,” Aang replied, “Actually it wasn’t a total lie, Iroh was the last outsider to face the masters, they deemed him worthy and passed the secret on to him as well,” the Chief explained.

“He must of lied to protect them, so no one else would hunt them,” Zuko said, “all this time, I thought fire bending was destruction, since I hurt Katara I’ve been to afraid and hesitant but now I know what it really is its energy, and life,” Aang explained, “Yea, its like the sun, but inside of you, do you guys realize this?” Zuko asked, you hit him around the head, “They are called the Sun Warriors, I think they do genius,” you smirked, Zuko glared at you playfully then taken your hand.

“That’s why my fire bending was so weak before, because for so many years, hunting you was my drive it was my purpose, so when I joined you I lost sight of my inner fire, but now I have a new drive, I have to help you defeat my father and restore balance to the world,” Zuko said, Zuko then tried some bending form and created fire, Aang followed and did the same, “Come on Xia… you haven’t been fire bending in a while, try it,” Zuko smirked, “Ha ha, doesn’t mean I’ve lost my touch,” you smirked then punched the air as purple fire appeared, “Whoa!” you smiled, “Purple fire! Cool!” you smirked, “Never seen that before,” Zuko said, “I’m special!” you joked, “Yes you are…” Zuko smiled at you.

You three stood together and smiled, “Now that you have learned the secrets and you know about our tribes existence we have no choice but to imprison you here forever,” the Chief walked forward, you were all shocked, “Just kidding,” the Chief smiled, you sighed, “But seriously don’t tell anyone,” the Chief glared, “We won’t” you smiled and wrapped your arms around Zuko’s and Aang’s necks with a grin on your face.

“With this technique the dragons shown us Zuko, Xia and I will be unstoppable,” Aang explained as you all met in the middle. The others clapped, “Yea, that’s a great dance you three learned there,” Sokka said, “It’s not a dance, it’s a fire bending form!” Zuko protested, “We’ll just tap dance our way to victory over the fire lord,” Sokka joked, Zuko walked over to Sokka, “It’s a sacred form that happens to be thousands of years old,” Zuko explained, “Oh yea, what’s your little form called?” Katara asked as you and Aang walked over. “The Dancing Dragon,” Zuko said, the others laughed as you hugged Zuko from behind he was a little annoyed with the others.