Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Boiling Rock Pt. 2 - Hard Decision

“Get out of my cell…” he said, “Shen…” you said, the man looked at you, his hair was jet black and up to his shoulders and his metallic eyes were dull, “Who are you?” he asked, you lifted up your sleeve top to show your snake charm.

Shen’s eyes were full of shock, “Jackie?” he muttered, your eyes teared up, “Shen?” you asked, he nodded as he stood up and pulled you into the biggest hug you had ever had. You cried silently so no guards heard, “Shen… I missed you so much,” you muttered, Shen held your head against his chest, “I missed you two little Jackie…” he muttered. You smiled and looked up at him.

You told him about your travels and that you and some friends were planning an escape to get people out, you said that you’d tell your friends about him also. “You and your friends are very brave…” Shen smiled, “Yea… we are the crazy brave type people as you can possibly tell…” you laughed a little, “But I better go because our grandpa might be wondering where I am and might not want me to see you…” you said, “Take care,” Shen held your hand, “you too brother,” you kissed his forehead, “See you soon,” you waved and walked out.

You walked around until you heard cheers going on you looked over the rails with some guards and saw Zuko was fighting Chit Sang, “I need back up over here!” Sokka called, they still didn’t know that you were both safe. You stayed up top as Zuko fire bended.

“No fire bending, into the cooler!” a guard said, a few guards jumped Zuko and you winced, and pulled him away.

You were walking down a corridor when you saw Sokka walking towards you; he was shocked to not see you in uniform, “Xia! What are you doing?” Sokka whispered harshly, “Well my grandpa is the warden here and believed a fake story and let me walk around freely, he said he’d make sure the Fire Lord or Princess would never find me and he said he’d keep me safe because I always chose family over anything else… and here I am,” you said, “Right…” Sokka said, he told you the plan and then when he finished a guard turned the corner, “See you later by the shore,” Sokka whispered, you walked past him and knocked his hand in a low five motion to say okay.

You met a girl and Chit Sang with two other people below, you had Shen with you, “I know you,” the teen girl stood up, you didn’t recognize her, “Do you?” you asked, “Yea, you and Zuko burned down my village,” she said, “What’s your name?” you asked, “Suki,” she replied, “Sokka’s girlfriend?” you asked, she blushed, “so you’re my best mates girlfriend!” you smiled and hugged her, she was shocked.

You heard movement then saw Zuko and Sokka pushing the cooler down the hill slowly, Chit Sang, Suki, Shen and yourself went to help them, “Took you guys long enough, this here’s my girl and my best buddy their coming too,” Chit Sang said, “Fine everybody in the cooler, let’s go,” Sokka glared, you all turned it and readied it by the water’s side.

“Are you sure you want to go?” Zuko asked, “You’re the one who said you wanted to redeem yourself, redeem your honor, rescuing your dad is your chance,” Zuko said, “Your dad?” Suki asked, “If I had just cut my loses at the invasion maybe we wouldn’t be in this mess, maybe its just best to call it quits before you fail,” Sokka said, “No its not, look Sokka your going to fail a lot before things work out,” Zuko said, Sokka stood up, “That’s suppose to make me feel better?” Sokka asked, “Even though you’ll probably fail over and over and over again,” Zuko walked forward, “Seriously not helping,” Sokka said, “You have to try every time you can’t quit because your afraid you might fail,” Zuko explained.

“Hey, if you two are done cuddling can we get a move on?” Chit Sang asked, “No, I’m staying, you guys go,” Sokka walked over to Suki, “You’ve been here long enough,” Sokka said, “I’m not leaving without you Sokka,” Suki said, “I’m staying too,” Zuko said, “Me three… plus… you should go with them, you’ve been here longer then anyone…” you turned to Shen. Everyone looked at him confused, they didn’t know who he was, “I can’t, and we need each other because we’re all we’ve got now… I’m staying here with you,” Shen put his hand on your shoulder, you smiled at him and gave him a hug, “Not me I’m out,” Chit Sang said and pushed the boat out, you watched it go in yours brothers arms as he held you close. You felt a pair of eyes glaring at you from behind. “We gave up our only chance of escaping, I hope we haven’t just made a huge mistake,” Sokka said.

Your brother put his head on yours and kissed your forehead, “It’s so good to see you,” he smiled. A cough made you look at the others and a very pissed looking Zuko, “Oh right, introductions… guys… this is my brother Shen,” you smiled, “Your brother?” Zuko asked, “Yes, the one that I told you about, did you honestly think that I’d warm up to some stranger quickly enough for him to kiss my forehead?” you said, “Maybe could have…” Zuko folded his arms, you glared and sighed, “Shen, this is Sokka my best friend,” you pointed to Sokka, “Pleased to meet you,” Sokka smiled, “this is his girlfriend Suki,” you pointed at her, “Hi,” she smiled, “And this is my sometimes very annoying boyfriend Zuko,” you smiled, “you finally have a boyfriend then?” Shen smiled, “Yea…” you blushed a little, “Annoying huh?” Zuko asked, “Well you are right now…” you folded your arms.

You all went back to climbing the walls to get in the prison again to find Sokka’s father, the gondola started traveling across on the wires, soon you heard a scream and the bells went off. “The plan failed, their caught,” Sokka said, “The gondolas moving,” Sokka looked around the corner.

You saw it dock, “This is it, if my dad’s not their we risked everything for nothing,” Sokka said, you stood next to Zuko, “We had to,” Suki said.

The doors opened and the first prisoner stepped out, “Is that him?” Zuko asked, you looked up at a man with a nose ring, “my dad doesn’t have a nose ring,” Sokka replied.

You saw the last man walk off, “That’s it, that can’t be it…” Sokka said, “I’m sorry Sokka,” Suki said, “Oh no,” Sokka bowed his head down; you walked over to Sokka and hugged him from behind.

“Hey you, get off the gondola,” a guard said, you all looked up. A man walked off, it was Hakoda.

“Dad,” Sokka said, “Hakoda…” you smiled.

You got Zuko, Suki and Shen back to their cells without the guards noticing.

Your grandpa asked you to come with him to see one of the prisoners who tried to escape. You walked inside with him, “Are you comfortable Chit Sang?” grandpa asked, Chit Sang saw you and glared, “If your trying to get me to talk, forget it, I’m not a squealer,” Chit Sang said, “Chit Sang, I only asked you if you were comfortable,” grandpa smirked, “Well… yea actually I am pretty comfortable,” Chit Sang replied, grandpa kicked the back of the chair and he fell forward, “Are you still comfortable?” grandpa asked, “No,” Chit Sang replied, “I know you and your cronies are not smart enough to come up with that little escape plan, so your going to tell me, who is,” grandpa smirked then led your out of the room as two guards stood either side of Chit Sang.

You knew that Sokka was going to be talking with his father and then tell Zuko the plan so you wanted a one on one with Zuko since you hadn’t had a chance to talk to him properly since you were actually found out. You waited around until in the room until Zuko was thrown in on the chair, “I didn’t do anything wrong!” Zuko yelled, “Yea right, we all know that’s a lie…” you stepped forward, “Xia?” Zuko looked at you a little shocked, “Leave!” you snapped, “but Miss. Jacynth-” “I said leave!” you yelled at the guards, they were both shocked and nodded.

You smiled then closed the door and turned to Zuko, he was a little confused, “The only way to get to see you without any suspicion… telling them I wanted to yell at you… and make you feel guilty…” you explained, “Oh, right…” Zuko said, you walked over to Zuko and kissed him softly, “How are you coping?” you asked, “Things could be better…” Zuko said, you smiled a little, “what about your brother?” Zuko asked, “He’s been in here for 5 years… he told me that he was sent here because he disobeyed an order a high ranking officer gave him and attacked him so my brother was sent here… I didn’t even find out my brother was in here until yesterday,” you said, Zuko put his hand on your shoulder, “I’m glad you found him,” Zuko smiled, “Me too…” you returned the smile as the guards returned.

You quickly pushed Zuko down on the chair and slapped him, “Don’t you dare ever try anything funny or your going to have it!” you yelled then mouthed sorry as Zuko touched his cheek, Zuko glared at you as you walked out of the room, obviously going along with the act.

You saw Sokka a while later with a look of relief on his face, “Sokka…” you said, “Oh Xia, there you are…” Sokka explained the plan to kidnap the warden and fake kidnap you and get across on the gondola, “Great idea,” you smiled, “I know, stick with your Grandpa until we start the riot then let us capture you okay,” Sokka whispered, you nodded and walked off.

Later on your Grandpa told you about Princess Azula coming with two friends he kept you hidden until you heard a riot outside. You ran out with your grandpa, “Who let these prisoners into the yard? This is suppose to be a lockdown!” grandpa yelled.

They were all fighting below until you saw Suki was climbing the rails until she reached you and your grandpa, she jumped up and managed to tied up your grandpa, “Now for you,” she smirked at you, you glared at her and went to kick her but she grabbed your leg and spun you around tying your hands behind your back and gagging you.

“We’ve got the warden and his granddaughter, now let’s get out of here!” Suki smiled, while holding you two against the wall. “That’s some girl,” Hakoda smiled, “Tell me about it,” Sokka smiled.

You all made it to the gondolas as Chit Sang was carrying you and your Grandpa, “Back off, we’ve got the warden and his granddaughter!” you heard Zuko said, you two looked back at the guards as they all let you past, “Let’s go,” Zuko said.

You all got on the Gondola as Zuko started it off and broken the handle. He jumped out as Sokka grabbed his hand and pulled him in, “What are you doing?” Sokka asked, “I’m making it so they can’t stop us,” Zuko said, “Way to think ahead,” Sokka said, “We’re on our way,” Suki smiled, “Ay, guys!” you yelled through the muffled gag, Zuko looked at you and smirked, “Zuko…” you glared, he smirked. Shen moved your gag off, “Oh you wish…” you spoken towards Zuko, “I will…” Zuko replied with a smirk, you laughed as your brother taken your binds off leaving your grandpa a little shocked.

“Wait, who’s that?” Hakoda asked, you all ran to the edge and saw Azula, Ty Lee and Mai. “That’s a problem…” Zuko said, “A big one…” you added, “It’s my sister and her friends,” Zuko said.

They all started to make their way up towards the gondola. “This is a rematch I’ve been waiting for,” Suki said, “Me too…” Zuko said.

Zuko, Suki, Sokka, and yourself climbed to the roof and waited for them to arrive.

Yourself and Suki Vs. Ty Lee

Sokka and Zuko Vs. Azula

You were fighting with Suki against Ty Lee when you heard your grandpa, “Cut the Line!” he yelled, you looked over the edge and saw him leaning out.

The gondola stopped abruptly, you lost your balance and fell off the edge as Zuko grabbed Sokka, “Xia!” he yelled a hand grabbed you from above, “Shen!” you smiled, he pulled you up and helped you inside, “I’m not about to let anything happen to my baby sister,” he whispered, “I’m not much of a baby any more, I’m 16 years old,” you said, “Almost 17…” Shen replied, you smiled.

“There about to cut the line!” Ty Lee yelled, another gondola was approaching, you saw it and looked back at the men who were cutting the line. “This is bad,” you said, Zuko jumped in, “Their cutting the line the gondola’s about to go,” Zuko said, Shen grabbed your grandpa’s cuff’s and jumped up on the roof, “Shen?” you asked, you followed as well as Zuko.

“Bro what are you doing?” you asked, “I know you can save the world Xia, help the Avatar, then help me,” Shen said, you were confused, “Shen what are you?” you muttered until he looked back at you with sad eyes, “No…” you said, “I won’t let you leave me again!” you yelled, “There’s no other choice!” Shen said then jumped forward and clipped the cuff onto the rope, “No!” you screamed and went to jump with him but Zuko stopped you, “Shen! No! I just got you back! You can’t go again!” you screamed.

“Let me go Zuko!” you screamed as Shen taken out the two guards cutting the line, “No, Xia leave him to fight,” Zuko begged you, “No! Please! Shen!” you yelled, as tears appeared in your eyes, Shen kicked the two metal pieces away from the wheels as the gondola started to move again.

You cried as Zuko carried you back inside the gondola, when you both got back inside you pushed him off you and walked to the front of the gondola where your brother was caught by Azula and her friends. You clenched your fists as the tears poured. “I’ll come back for you… I promise…” you muttered. Sokka stood next to you and looked at you.

You all ran off the gondola, you looked back at the prison and taken a deep breath as your grandpa was thrown back in the gondola, you looked at him, “If anything happens to my brother while he’s back in there… then I’m going to hold you responsible, and I won’t show any mercy whatsoever!” you glared, and walked away with the others who were a little shocked.

“Well we made it out, now what?” Suki asked, Sokka looked back at Zuko, “Zuko what are you doing?” Sokka asked, “My sister was on that island…” Zuko said, “Yea and she’s probably right behind us, so lets not stop,” Sokka replied, “What I mean is she must have come here some how,” Zuko said.

You all ran to the edge, “There! That’s our way out of here,” Zuko said.

^Shen’s POV^
Two guards were holding me as I looked at the two girls who I was sworn to protect when I was in the Fire Nation army, “How could you betray your country?” Azula asked me, “Easily…” I replied, Azula glared at me, “Leave!” Azula commanded, the guards left us alone.

Ty Lee looked nervous, she was like another sister to me as I use to play with her along with Mai and Azula when they were younger, as a bodyguard that was my duty, until I learned what the Fire Lord did to my father.

“Why?” she asked, “Your not much of a people person are you, I love my sister then I fear you Princess Azula. You overestimated,” I glared, “No you overestimated me, you should have feared me then loved your stupid sister!” Azula went to attack me but Ty Lee blocked her chi by attacking her.

I was shocked, “Come on!” Ty Lee grabbed my arm, “Let’s get out of here,” Mai added but guards surrounded us, “You shouldn’t have,” I said, “You’ve been like family to us more then our original families, it’s the least we could do bro,” Ty Lee smiled at me.

“What do you want us to do with them Princess?” A guard asked, “Lock them away so I won’t have to see their faces again and leave them to root!” Azula glared at us all.

~Xia’s POV~
You all got back from the Boiling Rock. You, Zuko and Sokka got off the ship, “What are you doing in this thing? What happened to the war balloon?” Katara asked, “It kinda got destroyed,” Zuko replied, “Sounds like a crazy fishing trip,” Aang said, “Did you at least get some good meat?” Toph asked, “I did, the best meat of all, the meat of friendship and fatherhood,” Sokka smiled as the others walked off.

“I’m new, what’s up everybody,” Chit Sang waved, “Dad,” Katara smiled, “Hi Katara,” Hakoda smiled as they both hugged each other, “How are you here? What is going on? Where did you go?” Katara asked, you stepped back and let them talk, “We kinda went to a Fire Nation prison…” Sokka said.

You walked off and sat down away from them all, you hugged your knees and sighed, “Why Shen?” you muttered, you saw Zuko walk over to you, “I want to be left alone for a while…” you said before Zuko could speak, he didn’t say anything but just walked off and left you to yourself and as tears fell from your eyes and down your cheeks.