Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Ember Island Players

You, Aang and Zuko were fire bending together to train Aang. You were on Ember Island at Zuko’s home away from home. You had a corset on which shown off your curves very well and tight black leggings which hugged your hips down to your knees with black slip on shoes.

When you were done, you both bowed to Aang and sat down. “Doesn’t it seem kind of weird that we’re hiding from the Fire Lord in his own house?” Katara asked, “I told you my father hasn’t come here since our family was actually happy, and that was a long time ago, it’s the last place anyone would think to look for us,” Zuko said, you wrapped your arms around Zuko’s waist from behind and traced your fingers down his torso as Sokka ran up.

“You guys are not going to believe this, there’s a play about us,” Sokka smiled, “We were just in town and we found this poster,” Suki explained as Sokka shown it to you all, “What? How is that possible?” Katara said, “Listen to this, the boy in the iceberg is a new production from a claimed play write Pu Wong Tim, who traveled the globe to find information on the Avatar from the Icy South Pole to Ba Sing Se, his sources include singing nomads, pirates, prisoners of war and a surprisingly knowledgeable merchant of cabbage,” Sokka explained, “Brought to you by the critically acclaimed Ember Island Players.” Suki finished.

“Ugh… my mother use to take us to see them, they butchered love among the dragons every year,” Zuko complained, “Sokka do you really think it’s a good idea for us to attend a play about ourselves?” Katara asked, “come on a day at the theatre this is the type of whacky time wasting nonsense I’ve been missing,” Sokka smiled, so you all went to the play.

You sat next to Zuko as he sat next to Katara. Aang sat next to you as the play started, you saw a Katara and Sokka actor on stage, “Sokka, my only brother, we constantly roam these icy South Pole seas and yet never do we find anything fulfilling,” ‘Katara’ spoke, “All I want is a full feeling in my stomach, I’m starving,” ‘Sokka’ said, everyone laughed, “Is food the only thing on your mind,” ‘Katara’ asked, “Well I’m trying to get it out of my mind and into my mouth, I’m starving,” ‘Sokka’ said, you folded your arms and yawned, as Zuko wrapped his arm over your shoulder.

You watched it with a boring look on your face until ‘Aang’ arrived on stage, you laughed a little when you found out he was played by a woman, “Who are you strange boy?” ‘Katara’ asked, “I’m the Avatar silly, here to spread fun and joy throughout the world,” ‘Aang’ span on the spot, “Wait? Is that a woman playing me?” Aang asked, ‘Appa’ appeared on stage and flew around.

The crowd laughed at a joke ‘Aang’ said, “I’m not like that, and I’m not a woman!” Aang complained, Toph laughed, “Oh they nailed you twinkle toes!” Toph laughed.

Then a ‘Zuko’, ‘Iroh’, and ‘Xia’ appeared on stage. You were being played by a beautiful woman who wasn’t wearing much clothing, even less then you were, which annoyed you a little. “Prince Zuko you must try this cake,” ‘Iroh’ said, “I don’t have time to stuff my face, I must capture the Avatar to regain my honor,” Zuko said, “Well while you do that, I’ll capture another slice,” ‘Iroh’ started eating, “You sicken me,” ‘Zuko’ pushed ‘Xia’ off and looked back out to see.

“They make me look totally stiff and humorless…” Zuko said, you smirked, “Actually I think that actors pretty spot on,” Katara said, “How could you say that?” Zuko asked, “She is telling the truth, you were kind of a jerk to me when we first met…” you explained, “Let’s forget about the Avatar, and get massages,” ‘Iroh’ said, “How could you say that?” ‘Zuko’ yelled, Zuko bowed his head down. You smiled and kissed his cheek as the play continued.

The play was awful, though the part with the Blue Spirits made you laugh a little as it was a little strange. You think your actor was kind of spot on because she always had a different mood and was a very good singer and dancer when those parts were on.

During the break you all sat on the stairs and talked, Zuko held you in his arms as he leaned against the wall, “So far this intermission is the best part of the play,” he said, “Apparently the play write thinks I’m an idiot who tells bad jokes about meat all the time,” Sokka sat down, “Yea, you tell bad jokes about plenty of other topics,” Suki smirked, “I know,” Sokka said, “At least the Sokka actor looks like you, that woman playing the Avatar doesn’t resemble me at all!” Aang complained, “I don’t know you are more in touch with your feminine side then most guys,” Toph said, Aang growled at her and stood up, “Relax Aang, their not accurate portrayals, its not like I’m a preachy cry baby who can’t resist giving over emotional speeches about hope all the time,” Katara explained, nobody said anything, “What?” she asked, “yea, that’s not you at all…” Aang sat down.

“Listen friends, its obvious that the play write did his research I know it must hurt but what your seeing up there on that stage is the truth,” Toph said, “She is right… I mean I’ve accepted my character even though at the beginning all she talked about was sleeping, but then I realized that is me and I accepted it,” you said, “She isn’t like you though,” Zuko said, “How isn’t she?” you asked, “She isn’t as beautiful,” Zuko said, you blushed as you heard two awww’s.

Back in the play a strong man played Toph and she loved it, which made you laugh.

Then a part of the play come on which you didn’t like one bit, “I have to admit Prince Zuko I really find you attractive,” ‘Katara’ smiled, “You don’t have to make fun of me,” ‘Zuko’ snapped, “But I mean it, I’ve had eyes for you since the day you first captured me,” ‘Katara’ said, you glared and clenched your fist a little, “Wait, I though you were the Avatar’s girl, and I have Xia…” ‘Zuko’ said, “The Avatar, why he’s like a little brother to me, I certainly don’t think of him in a romantic way, and Xia, she isn’t much of a woman anyway, besides how could they ever find out about this,” ‘Katara’ and ‘Zuko’ hugged, Aang left next to you, you followed.

-Zuko’s POV-
Xia walked off right after the two actors hugged, “Well my brother, what’s it going to be? Your Nation? Or a life of tertiary?” ‘Azula’ asked, “Chose tertiary, its more fun,” ‘Uncle Iroh’ smiled, “Please Zuko, don’t leave me,” ‘Xia’ begged, ‘Zuko’ walked over to them, “No way!” ‘Azula’ yelled. ‘Zuko’ looked at the other two, he pushed ‘Uncle Iroh’ down, pulled the fake bird off of ‘Xia’s’ shoulder and stomped on it then pushed her down and walked over to Azula, “I hate you two, you smell, and I hate you for all time!” ‘Zuko’ yelled.

I leaned on the rail as the flag fell on ‘Uncle Iroh’, “You didn’t really say that did you?” Katara asked, “I might as well have… and I can’t believe Xia forgiven me for killing Kara… I didn’t mean to…” I said.

~Xia’s POV~
You walked around the building for a while until you saw Katara walk from the outside, you looked out and saw Aang. You walked over to him and leaned on the side, “You okay?” you asked, “Never better…” Aang sighed, “The play sucks doesn’t it…” you gripped the bar, “Yes, I mean you and Zuko are together and they did that!” Aang yelled, “You like Katara don’t you?” you asked, Aang’s cheeks turned red as he nodded, “What’s up with asking her then?” you asked, “she’s ‘confused’, I don’t get it…” Aang used his fingers as quotes when he said ‘confused’.

“Well if she’s confused then think about it this way, when the war is over she’ll have nothing to be confused about, and you can move on and finally be together,” you looked out towards the ocean, “I never thought about it that way…” Aang said, “Try and think on the brighter side of things sometimes… I do for my friends if they have problems… though it doesn’t always work for me. We’ll get this war sorted soon, and then you two can be together,” you smiled, “Thanks Xia,” Aang smiled, you opened your arms out towards him and brought him into a warm embrace.

“Are you coming back in?” Aang asked, “Later… I want some fresh air for a while…” you smiled, Aang nodded and ran inside. You looked back over the ocean and sighed, “I hope your okay brother,” you muttered.

You walked back inside as the play started again, you sat next to Aang on the back, Zuko looked back a little then looked forward, it come up to the end of the play as it went on to their own ending, you knew it was going to be bad. “With the energy harnessed from that comet no one will be able to stop, the Fire Nation,” ‘Fire Lord Ozai’ yelled, “Father, Zuko, Xia and the Avatar are at the palace they are trying to stop you,” ‘Azula’ yelled, “You take care of Zuko and Xia, I shall face the Avatar myself!” ‘Ozai’ disappeared in a small cloud of smoke as ‘Zuko’, ‘Xia’, and ‘Aang’ ran on stage.

“Aang, you find the Fire Lord,” ‘Zuko’ said, “We’ll hold her off,” ‘Xia’ got into a fighting stance, “You are no longer my brother, you are an enemy,” ‘Azula’ snapped, “No, I am the rightful air to the throne,” ‘Zuko’ said, “We’ll see,” ‘Azula’ smirked, they all started to fight with the ribbons when ‘Azula’ hit ‘Xia’ and she fell to the ground, pretending to scream in pain, “Xia, No!” ‘Zuko’ yelled, “Ha, now your beloved is dead, time to finish you permanently,” ‘Azula’ smirked; you sat their shocked as Zuko looked back at you.

Then moments later ‘Zuko’ died, you were again shocked as the crowd cheered, Aang looked at your face, “Are you okay Xia?” Aang asked, “I-I’m fine…” you held your arm lightly.

‘Aang’ walked on stage moments later after a scene change, “So, you have mastered all four elements,” ‘Ozai’ spoke, “Yea, and now your going down,” ‘Aang’ pointed to the ground, “No, it is you who are going down, you see you are too late the comet is already here and I’m unstoppable,” ‘Ozai’ smirked.

As soon as the fight begun, the fight ended as ‘Aang’ was wrapped around in a fabric flame, “No!” ‘Aang’ screamed until the actor stopped moving on the floor.

“It is over father, we’ve done it,” ‘Azula’ smirked, “Yes, we have done it, the dreams of my father, and my father’s father have now been realised. The world is mine!” ‘Ozai’ raised his arms to the ceiling, the crowd cheered you were all very, very shocked.

“That wasn’t a good play…” Zuko said, you hugged yourself as you walked besides him, “I say,” Aang agreed, “No kidding,” Katara added, “Horrible, you said it,” Toph blatantly said, “But the effects were decent,” Sokka said.

When you got back to the house you sat on your bed. You hugged yourself as the door opened, you looked back at Zuko. “Are you okay?” Zuko asked, you nodded, “Just never expected that,” you said, Zuko walked around and sat next to you, “You know I’d never let anything happen to you again, not after last time.” Zuko put his hand on your shoulder where Azula struck you once before, “I let my guard down for one second by looking away and she took her chance, that wasn’t your fault, it was my own…” you said, “I’d sworn to protect you,” Zuko said, “I can protect myself,” you said, “I know, but as your boyfriend, I should protect my woman,” Zuko said, your cheeks tinged a little pink, “I feel special…” you joked, “you should,” Zuko smiled, you lay back on your bed and looked at the ceiling.

“Zuko?” you said, “Yea,” Zuko lay next to you and pulled you closer to him, “Have you ever thought about what your going to do after the war is over?” you asked, “Yes,” Zuko replied, you leaned up and looked at Zuko, “What?” you asked, “I want to start a family,” Zuko said, “that’s good…” you said, “With you,” Zuko sat up, you blinked in shock and sat up, “I’m not mother material…” you said, Zuko smirked a little, “I believe you are,” Zuko said, you were a little unsure.

Zuko cupped your cheek, “Your caring, kind, protective, generous, everything a mother should be, and plus I love you, I wouldn’t want it any other way,” Zuko smiled, you returned the smile as he moved in to kiss you.

He pushed you back on the bed and climbed on top of you, he held your wrists above your head. He started to kiss down your neck making your moan a little in pleasure as his free hand softly held your breast and squeezed it a little. You moaned out as his lips hit yours and he released your hands from his grip, you wrapped your arms around his neck and returned the passionate kiss.

You had never wanted someone, as much as Zuko right now, you loved him with all your heart and more. You wished that you’d both stay together forever and do start a family. You tugged on Zuko’s shirt as his hands started to tug at your trousers, you stopped him, “We shouldn’t…” you whispered, “But one day… we will…” you smiled, Zuko looked a little upset but nodded all the same, “I can wait, then you’ll have the best night of your life,” Zuko whispered in your ear then kissed your forehead as he stood up to leave.

You grabbed his hand, “But that doesn’t mean we can’t stay in the same bed… just no funny stuff…” you smiled, Zuko returned the smile as you layback down and patted the bed. You slowly drifted off to sleep as Zuko watched over your tired body and held you close to his own for the night.