Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Sozin's Comet Pt. 1 - The Plan

Zuko was teaching Aang how to Fire Bend as the others just relaxed on the stairs, “More ferocious! Imagine striking through your opponents heart!” Zuko commanded, “Ugh! I’m trying…” Aang complained, “Now let me hear you roar like a tigerdilo!” Zuko shouted, Aang tried but failed miserably. “That sounded pathetic! I said roar!” Zuko yelled, Aang tried again and he did a hell of a lot better, Zuko nodded in acceptance.

“Now who wants a nice cool glass of water melon juice!” Katara smiled, “Oo, oo, oo! Me! Me! Me!” Aang started running towards you lot but Zuko grabbed him, “Hey your lessons not over yet get back here,” Zuko snapped, “Come on Zuko, just take a break, what’s the big deal?” Suki said, “Fine!” Zuko let go of Aang as you walked over to Zuko, “If you want to lounge around like a bunch of snail slugs all day then go ahead,” Zuko snapped and walked off.

You stopped, “Zuko’s right, sitting around the house has made us pretty lazy, but I know just the thing to change that. Beach Party!” Sokka smiled, you laughed as you all ran to the beach.

You were wearing a half red half black bikini and surfing on the sea wit Katara and then jumped off to watch Aang make his Appa sand sculpture, then Toph made the Earth Kingdom city. Then you all saw Sokka’s face of Suki, you stood to the side and looked out onto the ocean. Then an explosion appeared, you looked back and saw Zuko was attacking Aang. You were highly shocked.

You chased after them both as they went in the house. You saw a huge gust of windblast out of the side as Zuko hit the floor, “Zuko!” you ran over to him to see if he was okay, he looked up at you as his cheeks turned a little red by what you were wearing.

“What’s wrong with you, you could of hurt Aang!” Katara snapped, “What’s wrong with me? What’s wrong with all of you? How can you sit around having beach parties when Sozin’s comet is only three days away?” Zuko asked, nobody said anything, “Why are you all looking at me like I’m crazy?” Zuko asked, “About Sozin’s comet, I was actually going to wait to fight the Fire Lord until after it came…” Aang said, “After?” Zuko asked, “I’m not ready… I need more time to master Fire bending,” Aang explained, “And frankly, your Earth Bending could still use some work too…” Toph stated, “So… you all knew Aang was going to wait?” Zuko asked, “Honestly if Aang tries to fight the Fire Lord right now he’s gonna lose, no offence.” Sokka added.

“The whole point of fighting the Fire Lord before the comet was to stop the Fire Nation from winning the war, but they pretty much won the war when they took Ba Sing Se, things can’t get any worse…” Katara explained, “Your wrong, it’s about to get worse then you can even imagine. The day before the eclipse my father asked me to attend an important war meeting. It was what I dreamed about and wanted for so many years my father had finally accepted me back.” Zuko explained, he then explained about what his father’s plan was.

“I wanted to speak out against this horrifying plan, but I’m ashamed to say I didn’t, my whole life I struggled to gain my father’s love and acceptance but once I had it I realised I lost myself getting there… and almost lost the most important being in the world to me, I forgotten who I was,” Zuko explained, “I can’t believe this,” Katara fell on her knees, “I always knew the Fire Lord was a bad guy but his plan is just pure evil,” Sokka said.

“What am I going to do?” Aang asked, “I know your scared, and I know your not ready to save the world but if you don’t defeat the Fire Lord before the comet comes, there won’t be a world to save any more,” Zuko explained.

“Why didn’t you tell me about your dad’s crazy plan sooner?” Aang asked, “I didn’t think I had to, I assumed you were still going to fight him before the comet,” Zuko said, “No one told me you decided to wait,” Zuko explained. “This is bad, this is really, really bad,” Aang fell on his knees.

“Aang you don’t have to do this alone,” Katara said, “Yea, if we all fight the Fire Lord together we got a shot at taking him down,” Toph said. You smiled and wrapped your arms around Zuko, “Alright. Team Avatar is back! Air! Water! Earth! Fire! Fan and Sword!” Sokka pointed at everyone as he grabbed some leaves off the floor and posed them as a fan and sword. “Fighting the Fire Lord is going to be the hardest thing we’ve ever done together, but I wouldn’t want to do it any other way.” Aang smiled.

You all joined in with a group hug as Zuko stood to the side, “Zuko…” you looked at him, “being part of the group also meaning being part of group hugs,” you smiled, Zuko looked away then joined in and wrapped one arm around your waist then put his other arm around Suki. You all heard a familiar roar as Appa landed on you all with Momo.

Later on Zuko was back to training Aang. You sat with Katara and lay back on the ground, “Do you know that technique?” Katara asked, you sat up, “The lightning technique… I know a little but its been so long since I practiced I doubt I remember it…” you shrugged, “It’s not like I’m fighting the Fire Lord…” you added, then stood up, “Going for a walk…” you waved and walked off.

Later on during the day you all went to practice a plan with everyone in defeating the Fire Lord, “Gather round Team Avatar. In order to take out the Fire Lord, or in this case the Melon Lord, our timing has to be perfect. First Suki and I will draw his fire, then Katara, Xia and Zuko charge in with some liquidly hot offence, and while the Melon Lord is distracted Aang swoops in and Bam! He delivers the final blow!” Sokka drawn the idea on the ground, “Er, what about me?” Toph asked, “For now you’re the Melon Lords forces,” Sokka replied, “So I get to chuck flaming rocks at all of you?” Toph asked, “Whatever makes the training feel more realistic,” Sokka smiled, “Sweetness,” Toph smirked.

Toph laughed as you all got started, Sokka gave the signal and you all ran in, you ran besides Zuko with Katara behind. Rock soldiers were facing Sokka and Suki, until a huge rock landed in front of Sokka, “Watch it Toph!” Sokka yelled, “I am not Toph! I am Melon Lord!” Toph laughed evilly and thrown another flaming rock as you Zuko and Katara started fighting off rock soldiers until they were gone.

“Now Aang!” Sokka yelled, you saw Aang jump into the air as he went to strike at the Melon Lord but stopped at the last minute. “What are you waiting for, take him out!” Zuko yelled, “I can’t,” Aang shook his head, Sokka stormed up to him, “What is wrong with you? If this was the real deal you’d be shot full of lightning right now!” Sokka said, “I’m sorry but it just didn’t feel right, I didn’t feel like myself,” Aang replied, Sokka chopped the Melon Lord’s head in half, “There, that’s how its done.” He said as Momo eaten the fruit.

That night you all sat down eating, you looked over at Aang and saw he wasn’t eating, “I have a surprise for everyone!” Katara smiled, “I knew it you did have a secret thing with Haru!” Toph yelled, you were shocked as she said that name you looked away remembering when he kissed you.

“Er… no, I was looking for cooking pots in the attic and I found this. Look at baby Zuko! Isn’t he cute!” Katara shown you all a picture of a baby, you smirked, at it and wrapped your arms around Zuko from behind, Zuko wasn’t amused, “Oh lighten up, I’m just teasing…” Katara smirked, “That’s not me, it’s my father,” Zuko said, everyone was quiet. “But he looks so sweet and innocent,” Suki pointed as Katara rolled up the picture. “Well that sweet little kid grew up to be a monster, and the worst father in the history of fathers,” Zuko said.

“But he’s still a human being,” Aang spoke up, “Your going to defend him?” Zuko asked, “No, I agree with you, Fire Lord Ozai is a horrible person and the world will probably be better off without him, but there’s gotta be another way,” Aang stood up, “Like what?” Zuko asked, “I don’t know… maybe we could make some big pots of glue and then I could use glue bending to stick his arms and legs together so he can’t bend any more!” Aang suggested, “Yea, then you can show him his baby pictures and all those happy memories will make him good again,” Zuko sarcastically spoke, you stood up and glared at Zuko for a moment, “Do you really think that would work?” Aang asked, “No!” Zuko snapped.

“This goes against everything I learned from the monks, I can’t just go whipping out people I don’t like…” Aang said, “Sure you can, you’re the Avatar if its in the name of keeping balance I’m pretty sure the universe will forgive you,” Sokka folded his arms, you didn’t like all of their sarcastic behavior. “This isn’t a joke Sokka, none of you understand the position I’m in,” Aang snapped, “Aang we do understand its just-” “Just what Katara? What?” Aang interrupted Katara, “We’re trying to help,” Katara replied, “Then when you figure out a way for me to beat the Fire Lord without taking his life I’d love to hear it!” Aang yelled and stormed away, “Aang don’t walk away from this,” Katara went after him but Zuko stopped her, “Let him go, he needs time to sort it out by himself,” Zuko said.

“What he needs is advice in the field…” you stood up, “Advice in the field of killing someone?” Toph asked, “Yes…” you replied and looked away, “Wait are you saying you killed someone before?” Sokka asked, you looked at everyone then at Zuko. “Once… but I don’t really like recalling that day…” you said, “So you murdered someone?” Suki asked, “No! I’d never do that! They attacked me first!” you defended, you didn’t look at anyone as you walked away from everyone.

You looked at your hands as you walked down the corridor, remembering the blood smeared on them on that very night.

You knocked on the wall as Aang was sitting down, “Come to lecture me?” Aang snapped, “No… I just came to comfort you…” you walked over and sat down next to him, “Please don’t say you know how I feel because-” “That’s where you’re wrong, I do understand… I’ve…” you looked away from Aang, “You’ve what?” Aang asked, “I’ve killed someone before…” you clenched your fists. Aang was shocked as you looked back at him.

“I was your age… it isn’t a night I like to remember… but I know what it’s like to take someone’s life… and trust me if I could think of anyway to get around what happened I would of… and if I could come up with an idea to stop the Fire Lord without killing him then I’d tell you. But just so you know, if it comes to that, if you ever need to talk… your big sisters here… I know the pain you’ll go through, trust me…” you put your hand on Aang’s shoulder, Aang smiled a little and nodded as you kissed his forehead, “But for your sake I hope you find a way other than killing him… because trust me when I say… you’ll never forget it, the blood will… ugh…” you put your hands to your head, “I just couldn’t stop it, it all happened to fast…” you had tears in the corner of your eyes, “I can never forget it…” you looked at your hands, “I don’t think I’ve completely gotten over it still but… I know you’ll find a way…” you looked at Aang with a small smile and stood up.

You went to bed that night before Zuko come in the room, and the next day you all packed to leave for the Fire Lord. “Okay that’s everything,” Sokka said, you noticed that the others tended to avoid you now that you said about you killing someone, “Now it’s not, where’s Aang?” Toph asked.

You all started to look around the house for Aang but couldn’t find him but only his staff, but you found his footprints in the sand. You kept a distance away from everyone as they were talking, you didn’t really want to talk with anyone because of the fact that they were being distant with you.

You heard they were deciding to split up so you went to walk around by yourself but Zuko and Toph caught up with you. Zuko taken your hand as you kept walking, “What? No hello Miss. Murder, or Good day when are you going to kill me?” you asked, “Why would we say that?” Zuko asked, you looked at him, “You’ve been avoiding me all morning, it’s kinda obvious that you’re all freaked out by the fact that I killed someone… which by the way wasn’t even my fault… I mean he pulled my hands to stab him.” You pointed out, then you looked at your hands, “Am I a monster?” you muttered, “No! Don’t say that!” Zuko held your arms.

“I’m sorry that we’ve all been avoiding you, its just a little weird hearing you say that you’ve killed someone, I mean you of all people… I wouldn’t expect it…” Toph stepped forward, you looked at her, “As I said it wasn’t my fault, he stabbed himself with my blade simple as, he grabbed my hands and drove my Kasai into his heart, he wanted me to kill him anyway… and… I just wished I stopped him… I can still… see the blood on my hands…” you looked at your hands until another pair grabbed your own, “Xia, you aren’t a monster and there is no blood on your hands, it wasn’t your fault that man died it was your own… okay…” Zuko made you look him in the eye, you looked away for a moment until his hands held your face and made you look at him, “say it,” he said, you sighed, “I’m not a monster and it wasn’t my fault he died… happy?” you asked sarcastically, Zuko could tell you didn’t mean it. “No, but you can keep trying,” Zuko wrapped his arm around your waist as you all searched.

Later on you all sat on the stairs as Sokka came back on Appa, “ Judging by the looks on your faces I’m guessing you didn’t find Aang either?” Sokka jumped down, “No, it’s like he just disappeared,” Zuko said, “Hey, wait a minute, has anyone noticed that Momo’s missing too?” Toph asked, “Oh no! I knew it was only a matter of time! Appa ate Momo! Momo, I’m coming for you buddy!” Sokka climbed into Appa’s mouth, you looked at him like he was stupid, though to be fair he was anyway.

“Sokka, Appa didn’t eat Momo, he’s probably with Aang…” Katara said, “That’s just what Appa wants you to think,” Sokka glared and climbed inside Appa’s mouth, you cringed deeply, “Get out of the Bison’s mouth Sokka, we have a real problem here. Aang is nowhere to be found and the comet is only two days away!” Zuko snapped, “What should we do Zuko?” Katara asked, “I don’t know…” Zuko said as he stood up, you did also as the others were looking at you both.

“Why are you all looking at us?” Zuko asked, “Well you are kind of the expert on tracking Aang,” Katara said, “Yea, if anyone’s got experience hunting the Avatar, it’s you,” Toph said.

You sat up front with Zuko as he held the reins on Appa, “Zuko I don’t want to tell you how to do your job but why are we heading towards the Earth Kingdom? There’s no way Aang’s there,” Sokka asked, “Just trust me,” Zuko said as you rode forward.

You all later appeared at a very familiar bar, where you found June. “And the reason you brought us to see the Earth Kingdom tavern is what now?” Katara asked, “June,” Zuko pointed ahead of you all. She was fighting a group of men off, “Oh yea that weird bounty hunter with the giant mole,” Sokka said, “Mole? Her skin is flawless,” Suki said, “No, she has this giant mole thing she rides around on,” Sokka said, “It’s called a Sheersho, it’s the only thing that can track Aang’s scent anywhere in the world,” you said, “It’s the one shot we have of finding him,” Zuko added.

After Junes little scuffle stopped Toph spoke up, “I don’t know who this June lady is but I like her!” Toph folded her arms with a big smile.