Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Winter Solstice

A few days had past, Zuko had found Katara’s necklace in a prison while you were asleep one night, and now you had stopped off at an island and Iroh was missing, you walked through a jungle with Zuko until you both arrived in a small area, “Uncle! It’s time to leave! Where are you?” Zuko yelled, “Uncle Iroh!” Zuko yelled, “Over here!” you heard a very relaxed voice call.

You both looked around and saw Zuko’s uncle in a spring; you were a little shocked and covered your eyes, “Uncle?” Zuko asked, “We need to move on, we’re closing in on the Avatar’s trail. And I don’t want to lose him.” Zuko walked forward, you stood besides him. “You look tired Prince Zuko, why don’t you join me in these hot springs that soak away your troubles.” Iroh smiled, “My troubles cannot be soaked away! It’s time to go!” Zuko was getting angry, “You should take your teachers advice and relax a little the temperatures just right, I heated it myself.” Iroh said and re heated the water again.

“Enough! We need to leave now! Get out of the water!” Zuko snapped, “not good choice of words…” you muttered, “Very well.” Iroh stood up, you screamed and turned away, “On second thought, you can take a few minutes, but be back at the ship in half an hour or I’m leaving without you.” Zuko grabbed your hand leading you away.

“Well that was embarrassing…” you said, “At least you didn’t see anything…” Zuko shivered a little, “Ouch!” you smirked, “Scarred for life?” you asked, “Yes.” Zuko said, you laughed a little.

It was nighttime and Iroh never returned so you, Zuko and some soldiers went out looking for him, “Uncle! Uncle, where are you?” Zuko called, “Iroh!” you yelled. “Sir, maybe he thought you left without him.” A guard said, “something doesn’t smell right…” you stood next to Zuko, “That pile of rocks.” Zuko said, “It looks like there’s been a land slide sir.” Another guard spoke, “I am thinking of two words, first beginning with E and second beginning with B…” you said, “Earth benders have taken him…” Zuko said, “Gold medal!” you smirked.

~FF~
Later on you and Zuko rode on a rhino to find Uncle Iroh and save him from the Earth benders. Zuko saw a sandal in the floor; he sniffed it and cringed, “Yep, that’s uncle Iroh.” Zuko said and jumped back on the rhino.

~FF~
Later on you saw the Avatar’s flying Bison you learned what it was in the sky, Zuko saw it too. “The Avatar…” he glared, “but your uncle…” you said.

~FF~
You both found Iroh strapped to a rock while five earth benders were standing around him, “His dangerous hands must be crushed.” The man said, you and Zuko made your way down the side as the guy used his earth bending to lift a rock ready to crush his hands. Zuko jumped forward and kicked it out of the way.

You slipped by one guy and used your swords to free Iroh. “Excellent form Prince Zuko, and thank you Jack.” Iroh smirked, “you taught me well.” Zuko said, “your welcome.” You smirked and readied your blades for a fight. “Surrender yourselves. It’s five against three, you’re clearly out numbered.” One man smirked, “Ah, that’s true, but you are clearly out matched.” Iroh readied to fight.

The earth benders made the first move. You used your fire bending to make the blades on your swords boiling hot so they could slice through the earth. When two earth benders thrown two rocks at you, you put your swords and sliced them in two and ran at the two men putting your swords away and kicking one man in the gut while elbowing the other in his face.

You went to punch him again but he used his earth bending to trap your foot in the ground. “Let me go…” you growled, you shot a fireball to the ground and broken through then kicked the crap out of that guy. He walked back a little until he stopped, he sent another rock at you, and you dodged and ran at him while using fire bending. He lifted several rocks and thrown them all towards you. You jumped and spun in the air almost horizontally but one rock hit your shoulder sending you backwards on the ground. You yelled out in pain as the guy put his foot on your stomach. Zuko confronted him, “Let her go.” Zuko growled, you grabbed the guy’s foot and pushed him off. You jumped up and walked back towards Zuko, “I would have been fine on my own…” you said, “I ran out of people to fight.” Zuko smirked.

The earth bender lifted a lot of rock from the ground, but Iroh used his chains to pull the mans feet from under him letting the rocks fall on him.

You and Zuko walked over to Iroh, Zuko put his hand on his uncle’s shoulder, “Now will you please put on some clothes,” he said. You giggled and then you all left.

Later on you went back to the village where you saw the flying bison. You looked around as Zuko interrogated one man.

~FF~
“The crescent island, that’s in the Fire Nation…” you said, “Sailing into Fire Nation waters, of all the foolish things you’ve done in your sixteen years Prince Zuko, this is the most foolish!” Iroh said, “I have to concur,” you nodded, “Your banished… you shouldn’t really be returning…” you said.

“I have no choice uncle, Xia.” Zuko said, “Have you completely forgotten that the Fire Lord banished you, what if your caught!” Iroh said, “I’m chasing the Avatar! My father will understand why I’m returning home.” Zuko said, you saw a little glint of hope in his eyes. “You give him to much credit, my brother is not the understanding type.” Iroh folded his arms. Zuko turned back and looked through his scope.

“There he is, Hounds men full steam ahead!” Zuko called, you rolled your eyes and walked back into the ship, you got back on to the main deck where a catapult was pulled up.

And it stank!!

You stood away from the fumes and leaned over the side of the ship. “Eh really Prince Zuko couldn’t you shoot them down with something more fragrant?” Iroh asked waving his fan around, “It doesn’t smell over here Uncle Iroh!” you waved, “I’ll join you then Jack!” Iroh walked over towards you as Zuko sent the flying fire stink bomb towards the Avatar and his friends.

The Avatar dodged it.

“A blockade…” Zuko said, you looked forward and gasped a little, “Oh, this isn’t good…” you said, “Technically you are still in Earth Kingdom waters, turn back now and they cannot arrest you…” Iroh said, you saw the Avatar was going straight through the blockade. “He’s not turning around!” Zuko said, “Please Prince Zuko, if the Fire Nation catches you there’s nothing I can do not follow the Avatar.” Iroh said, “Please Zuko… don’t do this…” you said, “I’m sorry Uncle, Xia… run the blockade!” Zuko pointed. You bowed your head down and walked back towards the ships hatch.

-Zuko’s POV-
I saw Xia walk back into the ship, she’s not going to forgive me for this but my father will understand why I’m doing this, I know he will.

~Xia’s POV~
You sat in your room then stopped, you looked out the window and saw many fireballs in the air. You ran back to the docks and just as you did a huge wave flew over the docks, you ran out and held the wave their and pushed the water back with your bending. Most of the guards were shocked as you turned around. “Sir, she’s a water bender!” a guard yelled, Iroh looked at you. Zuko stood in front of you, “She is but she is loyal to the Fire Nation.” Zuko said, you were a little shocked.

“We’re on a collision course!” Iroh drawn the attention away from you, you looked forward, “We can make it!” Zuko yelled. The two ships stopped, you looked up at Commander Zhao next to Zuko as you entered the Fire Nation.

You knew something was up.

You sighed and hugged yourself, “Never thought I’d be back here,” you muttered. You were back on the top deck looking out towards the ocean, “What’s he up to uncle? Why didn’t commander Zhao arrest me?” Zuko asked, “He’s after the Avatar also Zuko… have you ever thought he might be following you to get to him.” You suggested, “If Zhao wants to follow a trail of smoke, then that’s exactly what I’ll let him do.” Zuko said.

Zuko readied a small ship as you both got on it with some guards. “Uncle keep heading north Zhao will follow the smoke trail while we use it as a cover.” Zuko explained. You were sailing away form the ship and Zuko stood next to you, “You know if were caught you’d get thrown into prison also, or maybe even worse.” Zuko explained, “I know… but I don’t care.” You looked at him.

You and Zuko made it into the temple and Zuko got his hands on the Avatar, as you ran up you heard Katara yelling for him. “Aang now’s your chance!” she yelled, Zuko walked forward with the Avatar, “The Avatar is coming with me!” Zuko said, “Close the doors! Quickly!” Zuko said and pushed the Avatar towards the stairs; you looked back at the Avatar’s friends. You had a sad look in your eyes and heard Zuko get thrown down the stairs, Aang jumped over your head and pushed you down to the ground, he looked back at you as you smiled.

You stood up and pretended to run after the Avatar sending small fireballs missing him on purpose as he jumped in. You stopped at the doors as they closed.

Zuko and the other sages tried to open the door, while they were doing that you stood near the Avatar’s friends. “Why isn’t it working, it’s sealed shut!” Zuko said, “It must have been the light Avatar Roku doesn’t want us inside…” a Fire Sage replied, you created a small flame in your hand and started burning through their chains and Katara noticed, she was still confused. But her brother didn’t trust you.

You moved away quickly as Zuko looked back at you. When he looked back you mouthed sorry at Katara and Sokka, and walked away from them, as it was lose enough for them to break free.

You were standing with Zuko, as he questioned the traitor Fire Sage, not that you weren’t a traitor also helping them. “Why did you help the Avatar?” Zuko asked, “Because it was once the sages duty, it is still our duty.” The man replied, you heard someone clapping from behind as you looked back; Commander Zhao was walking forward with some Fire Nation soldiers.

“What a moving and heartfelt performance, I’m certain the Fire Lord will understand when you explain why you betrayed him…” Zhao smirked; you span around and pulled your two swords out ready to fight. “Commander Zhao.” A Fire Sage bowed down, “And Prince Zuko, it was a noble effort, but your smoke screen didn’t work. Two traitors in one day, the Fire Lord will be pleased.” Zuko put his hand on your shoulder telling you not to fight, you sighed and dropped them on the floor as a guard grabbed your hands from behind. “Your too late Zhao, the Avatar’s inside and the doors are sealed.” Zuko explained, “No matter, sooner or later he has to come out.” Zhao said.

You were tired to a pole next to Zuko, “When the those door open unleash all your fire power.” Zhao said, you started to move your hands around and burned created a small flame as the doors started to open again. “Ready! Fire!” Zhao yelled, “No Aang!” Katara yelled. You saw that it wasn’t Aang but Avatar Roku. You stood their shocked as the Avatar send a wave of flames destroying the chains that held you. Zuko grabbed your hand and pulled you away with him, you grabbed your swords off a guard as you ran past and down the stairs.

The place started to come down as you ran out the temple; you followed Zuko to the ship and escaped on the boat. You saw the Avatar had escaped on his flying Bison. “That was hectic.” You joked, Zuko looked at you, “At least we didn’t get caught also,” you added.

When you got back to the ship you walked back onto deck and pulled your swords out, spinning them in your hands. “I really wanted a fight today…” you bowed your head down, “Can’t get everything.” You added and put your swords away until a fireball shot past your head, “What the hell!” you yelled and turned around facing Zuko. “What the hell was that for?” you yelled as he sent another one, you dodged it and sent one back, he blocked.

“You said you wanted to fight someone…” he said, you smirked, “Get ready to lose!” you smirked and pulled your swords out. Zuko sent some more attacks your way and you easily dodged, “Not going easy on me are you?” you asked, “Why do you want me to?” Zuko smirked, “No you just seem to easy to beat,” you explained as you jumped over his head and put the two swords below his neck, “See what I mean…” you smirked.

You felt two hands grab your own and tried to push them away, “you know in a real fight if you did that I’d have killed you by now.” You said as Zuko pushed you back, “No weapons…” Zuko said, “Fine… no bending…” you added and gave your swords to the closest guard, “Can you take them to my room please?” you asked, the guard looked at Zuko, “Do it.” He said, the guard bowed down then left.

You looked back at Zuko as he ran at you with a fist ready, you grabbed his and he pushed you down. You slipped between his legs and jumped up behind him, grabbed both of his wrists and wrapped one leg around both of his tripping him up and pinning him to the ground. “Pinned!” you smirked, Zuko smirked back then pushed you over, “Men are always stronger then women.” Zuko said as he pinned you, “Yea but men have a serious weak point. And you left it wide open.” You smirked and went to kick him between the legs but Zuko was quick enough to jump up and just go of your wrists.

You slipped between his arms and pushed yourself back up and readied to fight again. You fake yawned hoping to annoy Zuko, “this is boring now,” you said, and it did annoy Zuko, he charged at use.

~Use his strength against him~

When he thrown a punch you stepped to the side pulled his wrist and put your leg out letting him trip and fall on his face, “I so got you!” you laughed and walked off. “Face it Zuko, you can’t beat this girl.” You stuck you tongue out and walked back towards the ship. You felt two hands wrap around your waist and hold you there, “I never said I was done.” Zuko whispered in your ear, your cheeks burned red as he managed to pin you to the ground and trap your legs in one movement. You pulled on his wrists, “What was that about not being able to beat a certain girl?” Zuko asked, you blinked, as your cheeks were burning red. “Shut up! And get off!” you yelled, Zuko smirked and helped you up.

Your cheeks were still red as he helped you up, “that fight could have gone either way if we were both using fire bending… though you are stronger. Strength doesn’t mean everything.” You explained, Zuko looked at you, “You sound like my uncle,” Zuko said, “well then I’m wise… listen to my voice.” You joked around and made your voice deeper, this earned a small noticeable smile from Zuko. You smiled and walked off, “I’m hitting the hay for the night, see you later!” you waved and ran back.