Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Pirates P___ Me Off

You were watching Zuko train against another Fire bender as the ship turned harshly. You lost your balance and went flying towards the ships edge. Zuko caught you before you hit the wall, “Someone’s changing our course…” he snapped, “No duh…” you replied and followed him to the top floor of the ship. Kara flew to the top.

“What’s the meaning of this mutiny? No one told you to change course!” Zuko yelled, “Actually someone did. I assure you it is a matter of upmost importance Prince Zuko.” Iroh explained while playing his game, “Is it something to do with the Avatar?” Zuko asked, “Even more urgent, it seems I… I’ve lost my lotus tile.” Iroh explained, you smacked your forehead and sighed deeply.

“Iroh and your games…” you said, “Lotus tile?” Zuko asked, “For my Pai Sho game, most people think the Lotus tile insignificant but it is essential for the usual strategy that I employ.” Iroh explained, “You’ve changed our course for a stupid Lotus tile?” Zuko asked, clearly a little annoyed, “See, unlike most people underestimate its value, just give me ten minutes to tip the merchants at this port of call. Hopefully they’ll have the Lotus tile in stoke and I can get on with my life.” Iroh explained, Zuko growled then blown fire from his mouth into the air, “I’m lucky to have such an understanding nephew.” Iroh smiled as the smoke overclouded the room.

You ran out and coughed a little as the smoke choked you.

~FF~
You, Zuko and Iroh got off at the docks and walked around the pier, “I’ve checked every market at this pier, and not a lotus tile anywhere,” Iroh said, “It’s good to know that this trip was a good waste of time for everyone!” Zuko looked at his uncle, “I don’t think it was, I got to get some more grain for Kara here and I got some new shoes…” you said, “But their the same just red…” Zuko looked at you, “No there not… they are more comfy…” you said, Zuko sighed. “I agree, I always say the only thing better then finding something you are looking for, is finding something you weren’t looking for at a great bargain!” Iroh smiled, “You brought a singe horn?” Zuko asked, “For music night on the ship, now if we only had some wood winds…” Iroh stroked his beard and walked forward. You sent Kara to fly as she took off.

“Oh this place looks promising!” Iroh pointed to a ship, you blinked, “I don’t think it looks safe,” you said.

You all walked inside and had a look around, “Oh that is handsome! Wouldn’t it look magnificent in the galley?” Iroh looked at a statue with red gems on. You walked away from them and looked at some scrolls. “We lost the little water tribe girl and the little bald monk she was traveling with.” You heard a man speak, you looked at Zuko and he already heard. “This monk, did he have an arrow on his head?” Zuko asked, you stood besides him.

You and Zuko traveled with the pirates up stream to find the Avatar and his friends. “Shouldn’t we stop?” The captain of the Pirates asked, “They stole a water scroll didn’t they?” Zuko asked, “Yea what’s your point?” the captain asked, “They’ll be on the water practicing…” you added, Zuko nodded. You were standing between the two of them as the pirates ship and the smaller Fire Nation ship drifted on.

It was starting to get dark as you yawned; you were standing up and starting to drift off to sleep. Prince Zuko noticed as he hand wrapped around your waist, you put your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes. “Ouch! Stupid scroll!” you heard Katara’s voice, you woke up immediately as Zuko and the Captain looked at each other.

Both ships pulled up on the side, you followed some of the pirates as Zuko went around. You saw he got hold of Katara, “I’ll save you from the pirates…” he said.

You tied Katara’s hands loosely behind the tree, “Tell me where he is, and I won’t hurt you or your brother.” Zuko asked, “Go jump in the river!” Katara snapped. “Try to understand, I have to capture him to restore something I’ve lost, my honor perhaps in exchange I can restore something you’ve lost.” Zuko smirked and held up Katara’s necklace, “My mothers necklace, how did you get that?” Katara asked, “I didn’t steal it if that’s what your wondering? Tell me where he is?” Zuko asked, “No.” Katara snapped. Even you were wondering how he got it.

“Enough of this necklace garbage, you promised the scroll.” The captain snapped, you glared at them and stepped forward, “You’ll wait your turn until were finished.” You glared, you had always hated pirates, and the tales you heard were enough for you. “I wonder how much this is actually worth?” Zuko smirked and held the scroll over a flame he created in his hands. “No!” the captain yelled, “A lot apparently. Now you help me find what I want, then you’ll get this back and everyone goes home happy, search the woods for the boy and meet back here.” Zuko smirked, “Fine.” The Captain walked off.

You fell asleep against the tree Katara was tied to behind her.

You woke up next morning and stood up stretching, “Where are those dumb pirates?” you asked, Zuko looked at you, “They haven’t returned yet.” Zuko said.

Then moments later they arrived, “Nice work.” Zuko smirked and stepped forward. You stood besides him and glared at the pirates, “Aang, this is all my fault.” Katara said, “No Katara it isn’t…” Aang said, “Yea it kinda is…” Iroh said, “Give me the boy.” Zuko said, “You give us the scroll.” The captain said, “You’re really going to hand over the Avatar for a stupid peace of parchment?” Katara’s brother asked, “Don’t listen to him, he’s trying to turn us against each other.” Zuko explained, “Your friend is the Avatar?” the Captain asked, “He sure is, and I bet he’ll fetch a lot more on the black market then that fancy scroll.” Katara’s brother smirked, “Shut your mouth you water tribe peasant!” Zuko yelled, “Yea Sokka, you really should shut your mouth.” Aang said.

“I’m just saying it’s bad business sense, just imagine how much the Fire Lord will pay for the Avatar, you guys would be set for life.” Sokka smirked, “Keep the scroll, we can get 100 more for the price on this kid.” The Captain said, now you lost your temper. “Give the Avatar to us now!” you yelled and sent two fireballs at them.

You ran at them and the Captain pulled his sword out, you pulled yours out as the pirates and the Fire Nation soldiers started to fight, you put your swords up to block an attack and slid under the captains legs as Zuko attacked him from behind you.

You jumped up and as some pirates let off smoke bombs. You looked around until you banged backs into someone; you jumped back and saw Aang. You sliced your sword down and freed him of his binds. He smiled a little and ran off as a pirate appeared and attacked you. He pushed your wrists up and kicked you in the stomach sending you flying backwards. You rolled on the floor until you saw him jumping in the air with his dagger; you flipped backwards and blocked his attack.

You saw Aang and his friends were trying to get the boat to move again. You knocked the pirate out and ran over to them, “need help?” you asked, “Sure… one more water bender couldn’t harm us.” Aang said, “I still don’t trust you…” Sokka said, “Well you should…” you folded your arms glaring a little as Katara and Aang started pushing and pulling the water. You gave it that last kick and they freed the boat. “Go… and those past fireball attacks… you do know I was missing on purpose right?” you asked, “Were you?” Sokka asked, “Did you really think I have bad aim?” you put your hands on your hips as they jumped off, Sokka nodded. You glared and sent a fireball towards him but he dodged, “That was on purpose!” you chased them down the river.

You saw a waterfall up ahead, as you saw the pirates took Zuko’s small boat. “Waterfall!” you yelled, Aang looked at you then ahead and was worried. You sprinted to the end and stopped. “That’s one hell of a drop,” you muttered looking back at the kids on the ship. You started to push the water back to stop them from falling off. You noticed that Aang and Katara were doing the same as you.

The other ship was closing in fast until it knocked their ship right over the edge. You looked down as Zuko ran and stopped next to you, “My boat!” Zuko yelled, “Prince Zuko, you’re really going to get a kick out of this, the Lotus tile was in my sleeve the whole time!” Iroh smiled and pulled out the tile. Your eye twitched a little as Kara landed on your shoulder, Zuko was angry to. He swiped the Lotus tile and thrown it out over the waterfall.

You both went back to the ship, you stood on the main deck and looked out at the sea as a nice breeze set in and blown your hair back. You sat down and leaned against the wall. You put your head back and closed your eyes drifting off to sleep.

-Zuko’s POV-
We were back on ship when I saw Xia sitting on the floor against the wall. I walked over towards her, “Hey, Xia…” I said, she didn’t reply as her head turned towards me and I noticed she was asleep. I leaned on my side as, she murmured in her sleep. “Xia…” I said and knelt down besides her, “Xia…” I shook her shoulder but she didn’t wake up.

“Prince Zuko, what is wrong?” my uncle stood next to me, he saw Xia on the floor, “Oh, well it has been a long day, maybe you should take her to her room…” my uncle said then walked off, “But, I…” I turned to my uncle but he was already walking away, I looked at Xia, I moved a piece of her hair out of her face and picked her up gently.

I held Xia close to me as her arms automatically wrapped around my neck. My cheeks heated a little as she rested her head on my shoulder. I carried her down the corridors to her room and got a guard to open the door for me. When I stopped by her bed and lay Xia down, she didn’t remove her hands from my neck. I pulled her hands off from my neck and she moved to get more comfortable. “Zuko…” I heard her speak softly, “yes…” I replied, “don’t leave me,” she murmured, I moved a piece of her hair, “I won’t,” I replied. She smiled in her sleep and taken my hand by her own, “good,” she whispered and her grip loosened again, my heart was beating a little too fast as I sat there looking at her.

I heard wings then saw Kara fly in and take her stand by Xia’s bed; I looked back at Xia and smirked a little. Standing up, I walked out of the room closing the door.