Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

Eye of Trust

You woke up and found yourself in your room, “How did I get in here?” you muttered and rubbed your eyes. Kara squawked, “What?” you looked at her, she squawked again, “Zuko…” you said, Kara looked at you, then the door. Your cheeks tinged pink, “he carried me in here…” you muttered.

You stood up and walked out when your stomach rumbled, “Oh… guess I’m hungry…” you opened the door, “Oh, Good afternoon Jack…” you looked to your left and saw Iroh, “Afternoon?” you asked, “Yes, you were really tired from the last few days that you have actually slept in till 2 in the afternoon.” Iroh explained, “Oh… great… no wonder I’m hungry.” You said, “Well I was just about to wake you up and give you this,” Iroh held a tray of food out for you, “Thank you.” You smiled and taken the tray.

You sat down in your room with Iroh as you thought of something, “How did I get to my room?” you asked, you wanted to see if your guess was true. “Oh, Zuko carried you up here, I suggested it so you weren’t left in the cold all night.” Iroh explained, your cheeks turned bright red as you swallowed some food, “Nothing weird happened when I was asleep right?” you asked, “Not that I know of… you’ll have to ask the Prince yourself…” Iroh said, you were a little worried.

“Why do you ask?” Iroh replied with a small smirk, “Well… I usually say loads of random stuff in my sleep and I’m just worried just in case I said something weird while he was carrying me…” you explained, “What sort of weird stuff?” Iroh asked, “I basically say what I feel… and people sometimes think its weird…” you explained, Iroh sighed, “It’s best if you tell the truth of people will find out by them selves then its worse off for yourself if it is something you should tell them… but I’m going to take your tray now, seeing as you’ve finished.” Iroh took your tray, “Thank you uncle Iroh.” You smiled, Iroh grinned, “How about a game of Pai Sho with me?” he asked, “I can’t play that to save my life… though I could do with a sparring match.” You smirked.

You walked out on deck with Iroh and saw Zuko was training, you smirked and walked forward. “Want to spar Zuko?” you asked, he stopped and looked at you, “Depends, you couldn’t handle me last time…” Zuko smirked, “Well… that was because I was going easy on you…” you joked, “going easy… more like you were weaker…” Zuko replied, “we’ll see who’s weak after this match.” You snapped, Zuko smirked, and he knew you hated being called weak.

“Bending and hand to hand combat.” You said, “sure…” Zuko smirked, you walked to where his trainer was stood and gotten ready to fight. Iroh looked at you both, “someone give us a signal?” you asked, Zuko got ready. You decided to act cocky and just stood straight, you sighed and closed your eyes. Remembering what your mother once told you.

~“The best way to tease an opponent Fire Bender is to move freely like the wind to dodge their attacks, it’s worked with me on many other Fire Benders and plus the fact that I’m a woman makes it even more fun”~

You inhaled then exhaled and opened your eyes, “Go!” Iroh said, you jumped forward to the floor as Zuko sent a fire blast at you. You pushed yourself in the air as he sent another one and landed back on your feet. You smirked and kept dodging all of his attacks with ease as it was starting to get on Zuko’s nerves. You decided to move in and start with hand to hand as Zuko was losing his breath, when you ran up to Zuko he sent a fireball at you followed by others. You ran to the left across the rail of the ship and jumped over his head then started in the hand-to-hand combat.

“Break her roots Zuko!” Iroh yelled, Zuko went down to his hands to kick you from under your feet but you jumped back and then jumped forward grabbing Zuko’s shoulders and throwing him into the boat rail. You ran towards him and pinned his wrists to the rail making your bodies very close, “Pinned.” You smirked; both of your faces were a little close, Zuko’s cheeks were a little red like his armor. “Aren’t you going to try and get out of this one?” you asked, Iroh was watching what was happening, some of the guards were but they walked off after a minute, “Zuko?” you asked.

You leaned in towards his ear and whispered, “Do you trust me?” you asked, “Yes,” Zuko replied, you smiled a little, “Good,” you said, “Why?” Zuko asked, “Did I say anything as you taken me to my room last night?” you asked, “Yes,” Zuko replied, you moved back and looked at his face with pink cheeks, “Did I say anything?” you asked, Zuko smirked, “Yes,” he had a smug look on his face, you glared a little, “What did I say?” you asked, “you just asked me not to leave you.” Zuko said, “I-I did?” you asked, your cheeks were red, “Yes…” Zuko smiled a little, you were a little shocked and your grip loosened on his wrists.

You were suddenly spun around and your wrists were pinned to the rail. Zuko pressed his body against yours, “pinned.” He smirked; you glared at him a little. Then you felt his legs were in between your own making your position from behind look a little wrong. “Er, Zuko…” you said, “What?” he asked, “Look how were standing…” you blatantly said trying to get him to loosen his grip so you could get him back. “I’m not falling for it,” Zuko said, “Dammit…” you muttered then smirked.

~“To loosen up a man while fighting, flirt with them, get very close so they are put off and are made off guard, I’ve done it quite a few times, and when you grow to be a beautiful woman, I’m sure the men will fall for it, fighting is hard when it comes to men, but if they are your age then its more fun.”~

“Giving up?” Zuko asked, you smirked, “not for one minute…” you smirked and kissed his cheek, Zuko’s cheeks burned red as you wrapped your legs around his waist and pulled him closer to you, Zuko’s grip loosened as you slipped both of your legs in front of his torso and pushed him back. “A woman’s charm is her best weapon.” You winked at him; you ran at Zuko and then skidded on the floor between his legs and jumped up behind him bringing his hands behind his back. You kicked his knees in then wrapped your arm around his neck. “Giving in?” you copied Zuko. “Not to a girl…” Zuko replied, you rolled your eyes, “you should know I’m still warming up,” you tormented Zuko.

Zuko grabbed your hand and then grabbed your shoulder pulling you over, you fell on your back and moaned a little, “you hurt me…” you whined, “Well I’m not going easy on you…” Zuko smirked down at you, “Fine then… I’m gonna get revenge for that.” You smirked and flipped yourself up and turned back around to Zuko and punched him straight in the jaw, he flew to the left a little and stopped.

He turned to you rubbing his jaw, “I should of warned you I’ve got a mean right hook…” you put your hand behind your head, Zuko just smirked and sent some fireballs at you, you started to water bend and extinguished them easily. You bended the water around your body in a dance like motion spinning slowly on the spot so you could keep the water flowing. When Zuko attacked again you pulled a small wave of water over and put up a wall of water to block the attack.

Next thing you knew Zuko jumped through your little waterfall and collided with yourself pushing you to the ground. You both rolled a little until you sat on top of Zuko pinning his arms down. You smirked and held his wrists, “Pinned!” you grinned, Iroh walked over, “Now can we finish this fight before one of you really gets hurt.” Iroh said, “One moment uncle.” Zuko said, you blinked and Zuko pushed you over and pinned you down, “Now your pinned and I win.” Zuko smirked, “Hey! How the hell did you do that!” you complained, “your really not that heavy…” Zuko replied, he stood up and helped you up, “I think that’s 2, 0.” Zuko said, you were annoyed, “do you want me to punch you?” you asked.

Later on you were sitting in your room lying on your bed until Kara squawked as your door was knocked, “Who is it?” you asked, “It’s me.” You heard Zuko’s voice, you smirked and put your hand on your hip, “Who’s me?” you asked, you heard Zuko sigh and open the door. You quickly jumped behind the door as he was opening it, “I thought you would have known… hey… Xia?” he looked to his right, “Boo!” you jumped on Zuko’s back scaring him half to death as the door closed.

“Don’t do that!” Zuko complained pulled you off his back and pinned you to the wall, you laughed, “I so got you! Admit it!” you smirked, Zuko growled a little then sighed as you were giggling to yourself, “your not ticklish are you?” Zuko asked, “Why?” you asked, then your eyes widened as he grabbed your waist, “No!” you screamed, Zuko tickled you and pulled you closer to you as you laughed.

You fell on the floor as Zuko stopped tickling you but looked over you, you laughed then stopped, you noticed Zuko wasn’t acting like his normal self today, which was kinda weird in your opinion. “What’s wrong with you Zuko?” you asked, “Why?” Zuko asked, “Your acting different,” you said, Zuko stopped then realised he was as he sat up, “What’s wrong?” you quickly asked.

-Zuko’s POV-
Why is she making me like this? What the hell is wrong with me? “What’s wrong?” Xia looked concerned, I stood up and walked out of her room, “Zuko!” she yelled, I walked into my room and closed the door.

What is wrong with me?

Why am I acting like this with Xia?

It’s like she’s controlling me… what is wrong with me?

“What’s wrong with me?” I muttered and taken in a deep breath then exhaled, I heard the door knock, “Who is it?” I snapped, “It’s me.” I heard my uncle, “Who’s me?” I asked, great… now I’m acting like her, why?

My uncle opened the door, “Xia seems to be worried about you Prince Zuko and asked me to speak with you…” Iroh said, “Why didn’t she come herself if she’s so worried about me?” I snapped, “Well you just walked out on her, and she’s a little upset.” Iroh said, upset… I didn’t mean to upset her.

“I’ll go talk to her in a minute…” I said and sat down on my bed. “You have feelings for you don’t you Prince Zuko?” My uncle asked, I looked at him and held my head, “I can’t tell… Uncle… she’s driving me crazy! And not the bad crazy… I just can’t get enough of her…” I replied, “What’s wrong with me?” I asked, “You might have caught the love bug…” my uncle said, I looked at him in disbelief, “A Prince in love with a peasant farmer girl,” I said, “It doesn’t matter who she is, it matters whether you care about her or not.” My uncle explained, I put my face in my hands, “But I don’t know what to do,” I replied, “talk with her, or do you want me to find out whether she likes you also?” my uncle asked, “You don’t have to… I can do it myself.” I replied, “Good… go talk to her now…” my uncle said, I sighed and stood up. “I’m going for a shower first…” I said, “Is the shower more important then Xia?” my uncle asked, “Well… I… I said I’d talk with her… I just need to prepare…” I said.

~Xia’s POV~
You sat on your bed, as Kara stood on your knee where you had crossed your legs, the door was knocked. “Come in…” you sighed and stroked Kara, the door opened and Iroh walked inside, “Hello Jack!” Iroh grinned, “Hey…” you replied, “What’s wrong?” Iroh asked, “nothing…” you said and stroked Kara. “There is, you know you can tell me anything…” Iroh smiled, “guess…” you replied.

“About someone?” Iroh asked.

You nodded.

“A boy?” Iroh asked.

You nodded again.

“Name?” Iroh asked.

“Zuko…” you replied.

“Ah… what is wrong?” Iroh asked, “He’s confusing!” you complained, “One minute he’s really like mean and strict and harsh, the next he’s fun, but still acting tough and mean but then he’s just fun when its just me and him then he goes back to being mean! I don’t get it!” you complained Kara flapped her wings and flew out of the room, “Even Kara’s confused…” you muttered as Iroh went and closed your door. “Have you ever thought that Zuko might have a lot on his mind? He is confused at the moment as he has too many feelings inside of him.” Iroh explained, you sighed, “But why does he confuse me also?” you muttered, “Do you like him?” Iroh asked, “What? You mean… more then a friend?” you asked, Iroh nodded, your cheeks burned a little red.

“I’ve never really thought about him like that before… but now you mention it… I do get on with him really well…” you explained, you sat their thinking for a moment, you thought about everything you and Zuko had gone through since you had joined them on their journey, “You know what,” you smiled softly as your heart was beating faster, “What Jack?” Iroh smiled, “I guess I do like him, or even more…” you smiled to yourself, Iroh smiled, “Well I’m going to bed…” you yawned, “You sleep too much,” Iroh said, “Sleep is healthy.” You said, “Too much sleep is unhealthy.” Iroh replied and walked towards the door. “Well I’m yawning so that means I’m tired… so I’m going to sleep… good night!” you said as Iroh walked out.

You jumped into bed under the covers and fell asleep quickly.