Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Storm

You were leaning on the rail looking out into the ocean, as Zuko was standing further back looking for any signs of the Avatar. You felt a little bad about helping the Avatar whenever Zuko tried to capture him behind his back. But you knew that the Avatar was the only way to stop this war, you were stuck between two worlds now.

One, helping Zuko.

Two, helping the Avatar.

You looked back at Zuko and saw he wasn’t looking in the sky but looking at you through his scope, when he looked up he saw your face. “Are you looking at me or the sky?” you yelled, Zuko didn’t say anything but his face was a good enough answer as he quickly looked away.

You walked towards Zuko and stopped besides him as he was looking out, “There is a storm coming… a big one,” Iroh said, “Your out of your mind uncle, the weathers perfect, there’s not a cloud in sight.” Zuko walked over to his uncle, “Yea, I mean I could bath in this sun all day.” You smiled, “A storm is approaching from the north, I suggest we alter out course and head south west.” Iroh suggested, “We know the Avatar is traveling northward so we will do the same.” Zuko said, “Prince Zuko, consider the safety of the crew.” Iroh said, “The safety of the crew doesn’t matter!” Zuko snapped just as the Lieutenant walked up, you smacked your forehead as the Lieutenant looked at Zuko. Zuko walked over to him, “Finding the Avatar is far more important then any individuals safety.” Zuko stated then walked off.

“He doesn’t mean that, he’s just all worked up.” Iroh explained. “I hope he didn’t…” you muttered and hugged yourself. Iroh looked at you and put his hand on your shoulder, you smiled a little as Kara landed on your shoulder then squawked a lot, you pushed her off your shoulder, “What’s wrong Kara?” you asked, she squawked and flew in the ship, “I guess your right about the storm…” you said, “How do you know?” Iroh asked, “Animals are more in tune with nature then humans… Kara’s gone inside so she isn’t harmed from the on coming storm, but we better prepare the crew seeing as Zuko doesn’t want to believe.” You explained and looked northward.

Later on when you were standing on deck you saw the storm heading your way, “Well, looks like your uncle was right about the storm after all…” the Lieutenant folded his arms, “Lucky guess.” Iroh walked forward, “Lieutenant, you better learn some respect. Or I will teach it to you” Zuko walked in front of the Lieutenant, then walked away. “What do you know about respect?” the Lieutenant snapped, you knew that was going to tick Zuko off. “The way you talk to everyone around here from your hardworking crew to esteemed uncle and Xia, shows you know nothing about respect.” The Lieutenant snapped, “He’s gonna get killed isn’t he?” you muttered, Iroh put his hand to his forehead, “You don’t care about anyone but yourself, then again what should I respect from a spoiled Prince.” The Lieutenant finished, Zuko turned around ready to fight. The Lieutenant readied also, “Easy now…” Iroh said.

They both clashed but Iroh got between them and pulled them apart. “Enough! We’re all a bit tired for being at sea so long, I’m sure after a bowl of noodles, everyone will feel much better.” Iroh explained, the Lieutenant walked off and Zuko turned around, “I don’t need your help keeping order on my ship.” Zuko said, Iroh put his hand on Zuko’s shoulder but Zuko just pushed him off and walked forward.

You sighed and went back into the ship and to your room.

When the storm started you ran out on deck after locking Kara in your room so she wouldn’t be harmed by the storm and stood on the top deck. You were with the hounds men standing out front when some lightning stuck the ship, the balcony was broken as your pushed the hounds man back and slipped on the surface falling down the gap, you screamed.

-Zuko’s POV-
After I heard the lightning strike, I ran out to the main deck, “Where were we hit?” I asked, “I don’t know.” The Lieutenant replied, I heard a scream and looked up, “Look!” My uncle called, I saw Xia holding onto the bar. “Xia!” I yelled, “Help!” she yelled.

~Xia’s POV~
Your grip was slowly slipping on the rail as Zuko was climbing the ladders on the side, “Hurry!” you yelled, you were just down to three fingers. “Zuko!” you screamed as your hand slipped and you lost your grip. You felt someone grab you, you looked up at Zuko who had a face full of worry, you smiled as the Lieutenant pulled you in. “I’m fine now,” you said and climbed down the ladders. When you were ten away from the bottom you jumped down and over the rail to the main deck.

As you stood up Zuko and the Lieutenant appeared on the deck, “The Avatar!” Zuko yelled, you looked up and saw the flying bison. “What do you want to do sir?” the Lieutenant asked, you slipped on the floor and flipped back up falling against the sidewall. “Let him go, we have to get this ship to safety.” Zuko replied. “Then we must head directly into the eye of the storm.” Iroh explained.

You went to the front of the ship, as the waves got fiercer. You stood ready for any waves that tried to over come the ship. “Xia, what are you doing?” Zuko asked, “Protecting the ship!” you yelled as a waved appeared from the left. You spun around and pushed your arms towards the waves and pushed it the other way. You did this for a while until the sea calmed and you leaned against the rail. You fell on your knees panting from all the hard work. Zuko walked over to you and let you lean against him as Iroh walked over, “Uncle, Xia, I’m sorry.” Zuko said, “Your apology is accepted.” Iroh put his hand on Zuko’s shoulder, “Same here…” you replied, then the Avatar appeared out the water, you put your head on Zuko’s chest as he watched the Avatar fly away on his Bison.

Your legs felt wobbly as you pushed yourself away from Zuko, “You’ve used too much energy, let me take you to your room…” Zuko said, “No… I need to get rid of the water from deck. Then I’ll go to my room.” You said. You lifted your hands in the air, all the water rose off the ship. You moved your hands in a rotation to bring it altogether then thrown it into the sea. “Now I’m done…” you smiled at Zuko and fell on your knees, Zuko knelt down then picked you up and carried you to your room.

He lay you down in your bed and smiled at Zuko, “Thanks…” you muttered, “Your welcome.” Zuko replied.

He walked out the room as you turned to your side and closed your eyes falling asleep after losing all that energy.