Life's a Bitch, But Love is Hell

The Blue Spirits

Later on after the storm you stood in the hounds room and all decided where to go, “We haven’t been able to pick up the Avatar’s trail yet since the storm but if we continue heading north east-” A shadow overcast the map and you saw a ship appear to the side, “What do they want?” Zuko asked, “Perhaps a sporting game of Pai Sho.” Iroh smiled, “I really highly doubt that…” you replied.

You leaned against the window as three Fire Nation soldiers walked inside, they held up a poster of the Avatar. “The hunt for the Avatar has been given prime importance, all information regarding the Avatar must be reported directly to Admiral Zhao.” The man explained, “Zhao has been promoted? Well good for him.” Iroh smiled, “I bet it’s done much help for his ego…” you snapped, “I’ve got nothing to report to Zhao. Now get off my ship and let us pass.” Zuko snapped, “Admiral Zhao is not allowing ships in or out of this area.” The man said, “Off my ship!” Zuko yelled.

You sighed and leaned your head back against the wall, “Why is he stalking us?” you asked, “I think he’s stalking you…” Zuko snapped, “Your not in a good mood today?” you stated the obvious, Zuko looked at you, “Do I need to put you in a corner?” you smirked, Zuko continued to look at you, “Fine. I’m going.” You put your hands up in defense and walked out of the room, “Kara.” You called before you walked through the door; she landed on your shoulder.

You walked on deck later and decided to let Kara stretch her wings. Iroh walked out with you and you found Zuko practicing his Fire Bending. “Is everything okay?” Iroh asked, “You haven’t barked an order in an hour to the workers… and I’m… I mean we’re kinda worried about you.” You said and let Kara go. “I don’t care what they do.” Zuko snapped, “Don’t give up hope yet. You can still find the Avatar before Zhao.” Iroh said, “How uncle? With Zhao’s resources it’s just a matter of time before he catches the Avatar!” Zuko said, you felt sorry for Zuko, “My honor, my throne, my country, I’m about to lose them all.” Zuko said, “Zuko…” you muttered.

Iroh walked back, you walked towards Zuko and put your hand on his shoulder, “He may have the resources but you have something better.” You said, “What?” Zuko asked, “Us.” You smiled; Zuko looked away, “So much for trying to cheer you up…” you muttered then turned away, but you got pulled back into an embrace. “Thanks.” Zuko said, you smiled and returned the embrace.

~FF~
Zuko asked you to help him break into a prison to help free the Avatar from Zhao so he had a chance to capture the Avatar also. You agreed then that night you both snuck out and hidden in the bushes to save the Avatar, “Never thought we’d be doing this…” you muttered, “I know…” Zuko replied. When a cart was going by you both snuck under it and held on. Zuko put his arm around you and held you both up.

When you stopped, you saw a soldier was checking the cart, when the soldier walked around to the right you both quickly moved from underneath and slipped in the back, “All clear. Go on in.” The guard said, you had a mental sigh of relief and leaned your head back against the wall.

You followed Zuko around the prison both sneaking past the guards, you scaled the walls and snuck around as Admiral Zhao was giving a speech to his soldiers. You climbed down the back wall jumped in the lower hole and slipped through some bars underground.

You both managed to find where the Avatar was being held; you peaked around the corner and saw 4 guards. You looked at Zuko and put up 4 fingers. He nodded and thrown the helmet back towards them. As soon as one guard appeared Zuko taken care of them. Then another two appeared, you taken one out and then Zuko ran around the corner and taken the last out.

Zuko opened the door and you saw the Avatar strapped to by chains in the middle of the room. You stood by the door as Zuko went in, you heard Aang screaming from the inside, you sighed, “Scare the kid half to death why don’t ya?” you muttered, Zuko opened the door moments later, you walked forward and checked around the corners again. “There are two of you?” Aang asked. You didn’t reply but just kept moving.

You both crawled back to the water way and Zuko looked up, he came back down and motioned for you all to go. You went last and started to climb the wall before Zuko, and then the alarm went off. You looked down at Zuko “There on the wall!” A guard yelled. A guard from above cut the rope and you all started to fall. Aang used his air bending to save you both.

Zuko pulled out both of his swords and pointed to the gate. You all started to run, as you pulled around your bow ready to fire while running. You ran ahead of the three as guards appeared, you pulled an three arrows out and shot each of them in the foot so they fell over, “Good shooting…” Aang said.

The gates started to close, “Stay close to me.” Aang said and ran forward, you kept up with him as the used air bending to get rid of some of the guards in the way. You and Zuko both got cut off. You pulled out your dagger and started to fight some of the soldiers.

Aang removed them all then sent you two flying up into the air, Zuko pulled you to him as you both landed on the first wall. Aang jumped up as you all started to fight again and picked you both up. Some Soldiers were sending spears at you all. Zuko kicked some out of the way as you kicked another. You all fell on the next wall. You stood up and started in hand-to-hand combat with some soldiers and taken their weapons.

A few ladders appeared on the wall and Aang sent them all flying down to the ground, you and Zuko grabbed the ladders, “Jump on my back!” Aang said, Zuko jumped first followed by you. “Give me the next one!” Aang said, you passed it down and you all jumped to the edge, Aang lost his grip then Zuko, you had both of your hands holding on until a guard punched your hand. You let go and all fell to the floor.

Zuko helped you up as some Fire Nation soldiers attacked. “Hold your fire!” Zhao yelled, “The Avatar must be captured alive!” Zhao said, Zuko put his swords at Aang’s throat. “Open the gate. Let them out now!” Zhao yelled, you walked backwards in front of Zuko and Aang with your bow and arrows ready, as the gates opened.

~This doesn’t seem right…~

You lowered your weapon a little then an arrow appeared out of nowhere and knocked you out.

=Aang’s POV=
The two masked people were knocked out. I saw the man’s mask was loose. I lifted it up and saw Prince Zuko; I gasped then removed the woman’s and saw Xia’s. I stood up and ran a little but stopped.

Then I looked back at them, I couldn’t just leave them… Plus all the times Xia helped me and my friends get away free… I had to return the favor.

~Xia’s POV~
You woke up and sat up rubbing your head, you looked down at Zuko as he just woke up, “You know what the worst part is about being born over hundred years ago is? I miss all the friends I use to hang out with. Before the war started I use to always visit my friend Kuzon, the two of us, we get in and out of so much trouble together. He was one of the best friends I ever had. He was from the Fire Nation, just like you two, if we knew each other back then, do you think we could have been friends too?” Aang asked you both, you were a little shocked and looked away but had a small smiled on your face.

Aang noticed your smile then looked at Zuko, Zuko attacked Aang. You expected that as Aang jumped away. You stood up and sighed, “Shall we leave?” you asked, Zuko turned around and walked past you taking your hand.

You both returned back to the ship on the boat and walked past Iroh, “Where have you been Prince Zuko, Xia? You both missed Music night!” Iroh smiled, “Lieutenant Si sang a stirring love song.” Iroh explained, “We’re going to bed, no disturbances…” Zuko explained and rubbed his head.

You lay in bed then stood up, you put a thin robe on and walked out of your room towards Zuko’s, you knocked on the door, “Zuko…” you said, “What?” Zuko replied, “Can I come in?” you asked, “Sure…” he replied, you walked inside and saw Zuko was sitting up in his bed. You wrapped your arms around your waist and held your robe loosely. You walked over and sat down on Zuko’s bed, “What’s up?” Zuko asked, “I just wanted to talk… about last night…” you said, “Oh… well you know why I did it right?” Zuko asked, you nodded and hugged your knees.

You looked at Zuko and he patted the side of his bed, you blinked, and then blushed as he just pulled your hand down. And made you lay down next to him, “Please… can you just let me sleep?” Zuko asked, you smiled, “Sure…” you replied and turned on your side.

-Zuko’s POV-
I woke up a while later and sat up, I looked back at Xia and saw she was only in her underwear, no wonder she had the robe on, she looked so vulnerable just lying there. I couldn’t resist her any more. I moved some of her hair out of her face and smiled at her, I traced my fingers down her cheek, along her neck and followed her curves past her waist to where I was sitting. Her skin was so soft, she turned on her back and she was fully exposed. My cheeks felt a little too warm as she moved her hand by her face.

I leaned over Xia and cupped her cheek, I know I should stop but I can’t, I need to touch her… I want her in my arms; I can’t take this any more. I kissed her forehead, Xia tilted her head away from me and I traced my fingers down her neck, I wanted to know what she tasted like, I want to know how she feels. This love is hell!

I kissed her cheek then traced down her neck, luckily Xia was a heavy sleeper, and I mean heavy as she just moaned in her sleep. I sucked on her collarbone and held her close to me. I wanted her to know how well I would treat her; I just want her to know how I feel.

I felt the tiredness overwhelm me again as I couldn’t keep my eyes open. I lay back and wrapped my arm around Xia’s waist pulling her towards me in a protective embrace, she moved in her sleep to get more comfortable and put her head on my shoulder and her hand was on my torso. She smiled in her sleep as I drifted off into a deep slumber.