Daylight

Chapter Forty-Eight

Pet’s POV

“Pet,” Joe said, “I…I’m in love with you.”

I was so blissed out at that moment, I thought I was hearing things. Then his words started to sink in.
My body went still for a second as I stared at him. Joe suddenly looked afraid; I could tell he was holding his breath.
“What…what did you just say?” I asked him, trying not to sound freaked out.
He sat up partway. “Erm…I….”
I put a hand on each side of his face so he had no choice but to look at me. “Tell me again what you just said,” I insisted, “please?”
He bit his lip. “I…I said…” he croaked out, “…said…I’m in love with you.”
Relief flooded me. “Oh, God, I’m….” I started to say.
He turned away. “Christ, I’ve ruined the whole night,” he muttered.
I sat all the way up. “No, no, I’m glad you told me.”
“I couldn’t help meself, Pet….”
“Don’t apologize,” I said firmly, putting a hand to my forehead. “It’s good you told me, because…”
Joe turned back to face me again. “Because…what?”
I tried to smile. “Because…I’m in love with you too.”

His mouth dropped open, and I know people just say that, but it really did happen. He just goggled at me for a minute, like he was frozen in place. Then he smiled and pulled me closer again.
“How did this happen?” he whispered.
“I don’t know,” I told him. “I mean, I thought I was crazy…I didn’t even know what I was doing, and then when you said….”
He nodded.
I swallowed. “…I…didn’t know what this was…and then when I did, I wasn’t sure what to do about it.”
His eyes lit up. “And that’s why you did the song, innit?”
I nodded, suddenly embarrassed. I didn’t have to feel that way long, though; Joe pulled me into yet another one of his amazing kisses. He started slowly, just brushing his lips against mine. Then just the tip of his tongue teased me, making me open up my mouth to him. He didn’t just rush in, though; he kept going, still slowly, which of course made me want more. Then his hands slid down to my waist, along my hips and thighs, slowly making their way under the hem of my gown. I shuddered and he backed off, starting the fire all over again.
Oh, holy shit, we did that for so long, and so many times, I don’t know how I remembered to breathe. My only thought was, What the hell was I so afraid of all this time? Everything else was just pure feeling, so much pleasure, so much desire. It didn’t feel real, but I knew it was: I could feel his heat, and mine; his lips, his hands on me; his body pressing against mine.
It was like every inch of me was on fire, but in the best way possible.
Every time Joe advanced a little further, my gown riding up, his hands touching less of the fabric and more of my skin. The tips of his fingers were rough, almost like the sides of his face; he was growing a beard, and I hadn’t told him yet, but I loved it.
Oh my God, I loved him. I thought my heart would burst. He pulled me closer yet, running his hands from my head all the way down my back and beyond. I gasped in surprise as sparks flew down my spine, and pressed even tighter against him, rolling onto my back and taking him with me.

Now Joe’s face hovered over me, his eyes crinkled in a smile.
“All right then, Pet?” he whispered.
“I’m fine,” I assured him.
“What d’you want, luv? Tell me.”
What did I want? I couldn’t say all of it; I didn’t know how.
“I want you,” I finally whispered back. “I love you, Joe.”

Joe’s POV

She loves me! my mind was screamin’. I stroked her head again, running me hand down her soft hair and down to her chest, restin’ it over her heart. It was beatin’ fast, and I wondered if she was scared or just excited. I moved me hand over her breast again, feelin’ the softness under that silky gown. She shifted under me and arched her back, moanin’.
Alright then, excited.
I followed me hand with kisses along her collarbone, down the centre of her chest, rubbin’ my cheek along both sides of that valley. I kissed her soft peaks through her gown, biting gently. She actually hissed and clutched at me hair.
“Joe, oh God, please…” she moaned.
I moved up to her mouth then, teasin’ her with my tongue. “Pet, I love you,” I confessed again, my mouth just a hair away from hers. She smiled, her whole face brilliantly happy.
I pulled back a bit; God, but I was startin’ to bloody hurt in some places. I needed some relief, but didn’t want to rush her.
“You alright, luv?” I asked.
She nodded. “I’m great,” she whispered back. “But how are you?”
I shifted in reply.
“Good thing those are comfy pants, huh?” she asked innocently, her eyes sparklin’ with mischief.
“Not so comfortable anymore,” I groaned.
“So…what could we do to help you out?” she wondered.
“Petula!” I said in mock horror, grinnin’. “What’ve I done to you to make you so…wanton?”
“Not much…yet,” she replied, runnin’ a hand over me arse. I groaned again and began kissin’ her neck, rollin’ her over on top of me. Bad idea. I hurt even worse that way, with her body sittin’ on me.
Pet leant down, her body brushin’ mine ever so slightly. “So, Joe, you asked me what I want, but you never told me what you want,” she murmured.
“Oh, but I did,” I reminded her. “I want everything from you, luv. This--” I ran a hand over her lovely arse now, “—and this--” I pulled her legs gently to either side of me, runnin’ me hands up them again, “—and of course, this,” and I rolled her over again, settlin’ meself over her. Her lovely eyes went wide, but she moaned again, tremblin’ all over.
“Pet,” I said softly, strokin’ her head, “as much as I want all of this, all of you, I won’t just take. So, if I’m not what you want right now…this’d be a good time to tell me, luv. Because I’m just not sure how much longer I can wait.”
She arched into me again and whimpered. “That’s not fair,” she protested faintly, but her body said otherwise. I bloody well knew she could feel me, so hard and ready; I knew I wasn’t bein’ fair. And every move of hers was makin’ it worse; she knew that sure. I kissed her again, gentle at first, but then I was makin’ love to her mouth with mine, showin’ her what I intended to do to the rest of her.
“Please, please…baby,” she begged when I came up for breath. “I love you, Joe…please.”

Pet’s POV

Joe smiled again and nodded. He disentangled himself from me just long enough to strip off his t-shirt, then he rejoined me on the bed. I ran my hands up over his chest, loving the feel of his skin.
“D’you…I mean…do we need…?” he whispered.
I nodded. “We’re good. I have…some…in my bag,” I whispered back. I rolled away and snagged the required items, leaving the packages on the nightstand. Then I stood looking at him, laying on the bed in the soft dim light.
He smiled and held out his hand. I smiled back, feeling like my heart was going to explode. I took his hand and laid back down with him. He pulled me close almost immediately and began kissing me in earnest, his lips traveling not only all over my face, but down my neck and collarbone. I crawled over on top of Joe and molded my body to his, making him groan. I could feel his heart pounding under his skin.
In a flash, he rolled me over, and now I was the helpless one. His hands held mine, gently, on either side of me, and I couldn’t help but squirm a little. Joe ran his tongue along my neck, down into the hollow on the side, and I gasped in surprise at the intense pleasure it caused. He chuckled against my skin, and I started to wriggle under him.
“Do you not like that, Pet?” he asked innocently. “I mean, I can stop anytime….”
“Joe, please,” I begged, “come on, please, baby….”
He went still for a minute. “D’you want me to stop, luv?”
“Yes, I…no…just…just stop teasing me, God, I can’t stand it anymore….”
He laughed again. “Oh, you’ve no idea how much of a tease I can be,” he warned me. Then he ran a finger under the waistband of my panties. I clutched at his hair, trying to hold on to something, anything, to keep myself anchored in the reality of us together.
His fingers caressed me through the material, and I moaned, trying to keep the warmth of his hand on me. His head moved to my chest, and he nuzzled my breast through the nightgown at the same time that his palm came to rest between my legs, urging them apart slightly.
Joe stroked my hair, and I opened my eyes to see him looking straight at me.
“I love you, sweet,” he whispered.
“I love you too,” I answered, pulling him in for another kiss. His hand then dipped under my panties, and he started to pull them down….

And that’s just about the time we heard someone knocking—no, pounding—on our hotel room door. I went still, trying to figure out if the person knocking was really looking for us, or just banging randomly on whatever door might be handy. Joe just carried on for a couple minutes, not noticing my distraction.
The knocking steadily got louder. Yeah, I guess whoever that is really is looking for this room. Or thinks they are.
Joe eventually realized I wasn’t quite on the same page with him, and lifted himself up a little to look at me.
“Who the fuck’s that?” he growled.
I shrugged.
“Bloody hell,” he grumbled, “what kind of a person goes round knocking on doors at this hour?”

We had our answer in about a minute as our mysterious would-be guest started hollering.
“Hey, guys,” said a female voice, “whass going on? What’re you doing?” She thumped on the door for emphasis.
It was Sal.