Withering Red

Withering Red Chapter 3

Schuler’s P.O.V.
She lead me up what seemed like a thousand stairs and finally stopped at a door and took her key and opened it. The cold breeze hit my face and I smelled the scent of Japanese cherry blossoms. Japanese cherry blossoms are my favorite I closed my eyes to embrace the scent. I opened them shocked to see a gigantic room that was gold white and red. It was beautiful. I wandered around aimlessly until I came across another door I opened the door and gasped. I walked in to my walk in closet full of brand new clothes. I lifted up a tag all my size. I squealed like a girl. I slapped myself mentally come on get a grip Schuler. The door opened and Grayson walked in. I was smiling from ear to ear. “You like the room I see.” said Grayson. I stopped smiling like an idiot.
“I like it very much.” I calmly said. Nice save Schuler. I was walking out of my closet and that’s when I tripped on the sofa my feet slipped out from under me and I closed my eyes ready to feel the impact of the wooden floor when I felt two sturdy arms catch me. I opened my eyes to find Grayson’s bright blue eyes penetrating through me. I starred into his eyes seeing hurt and I just kept starring. Then I realized he was still holding me. “Umm, you can put me down now.” I whispered. He put me down then walked away.
What was with him? I mean did I do something wrong? I don’t think I did. Well I will probably never know. He seems like the secretive type. Then something came over me. I toppled over luckily landing on the bed the pain in my stomach was unbearable. I just closed my eyes and wished it would in. I let out a loud groan as the pain just got worse soon the pain was too much and I blacked out.
Grayson’s P.O.V.
When she tripped I couldn’t help but to catch her. She was just so fragile and I couldn’t see her hurting. Though when I caught her, my senses took over and I was so close to sucking her dry right then and there. It was so hard for me not to. I was so stuck in thought I forgot I was holding her. Thank the heavens she told me to let her down or who knows what I would’ve done! I can’t … “Ughhhhhh.” I heard a groan coming from my room excuse me, Mine and Schuler’s room. I ran up the stairs with inhuman speed to find Schuler on the bed clutching her stomach in pain. What happened!?! How could this happen? I have to get my parents. I ran into the living room with inhuman speed.
“Mom, Dad something is wrong with Schuler.” I spit out. They’re eyes became very wide and we all ran as fast as we could to me and that’s faster than all the planes in the world. I came to the bed to show my parents. I found her blacked out. “What is happening!?!” I asked my parents. They looked just as worried as me. They exchanged glances and looked to me.
“Son, we haven’t been entirely truthful,” said my parents with shameful looks on their face. “Well you see we met Schuler about 400 years ago. This was before we had you. She was a princess and she was the most beautiful thing me or your father ever seen. We talked to her parents because you see we were both very royal families and we arranged to have her wed to our son. We didn’t know how long away that would be.” “Well you see Schuler is a one of a kind vampire. She could easily pass as human but when she regains the memories of her past lifes she becomes the most lethal vampire there is. She grows more and more powerful every life. Shes called a blue blood. She will get pains like this because her body is changing from her human body to her Vampire body.” My dad explained. I stood there my mouth hanging open. Could they be serious? My fiance’ a vampire just like me. How is it possible to change from a human into a vampire?
I looked at Schuler and her eyes fluttered open. Showing her emerald eyes that somehow became more beautiful. Her features were more outlined and her skin was paler. The changes weren’t huge but you could tell she was different. She looked at me with a very unique and indescribable look. She sat up and hugged me. Why did she hug me? That’s when I had a flash back.
“Darien look.” said a female voice. I turned around to see Schuler twirling in a gold ball gown. She was gorgeous and graceful. I could see why my parents arranged the marriage.
“Scarlett stop being childish” snapped a woman who was almost as beautiful as Schuler and had a lot of the same features.
“Yes mother.” said Schuler looking shameful. Her name must have been Scarlett back then.
“Darien, I expect you to take good care of my daughter don’t let her make a fool of herself.” said the haughty woman who was apparently Schuler/ Scarlett’s mother.
“Yes. Your highness of course I will make sure she uses her etiquette. It will not ever happen again.” I said. The words played of my lips like I was singing. The woman walked away and Schuler/Scarlett embraced me and a tear slipped down her cheek I pushed it away and hugged her back.
I shook myself from the memory and hugged Schuler back. Her mother was very mean to her and always jealous of her beauty and youth. She had a tough life but I was always there for support. My parents walked out of the room giving us privacy. “Schuler, are you okay?” I asked out of worry.
“Perfectly fine.” She said and hugged me again. Ouch I thought to myself. She loosened up and apologized. Did she read my mind? “Yes” she answered. Woah my parents were right.
“Can you try not to listen to my thoughts?” I asked Schuler. “I just like my privacy.”
“Sure.” Schuler answered and went to the bathroom to take a shower. This is gonna be complicated I thought to myself. I smirked and walked downstairs to go eat lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its getting better right ?