Little Miss Blue Dress

Rain

Apparently when you tell Pepe that you will talk to him later, he actually means it. I mean, after the party and stuff, we came back and Sergio was so sweet and dropped me off at my room. He gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and I couldn't stop thinking about Fernando's stare as he saw us dancing. It was one of the most intense stares that I have ever received in my entire life. Olalla was talking to him like a bird, she was like a bird. She couldn't stop talking to him, and I see why most of the team stays away when she's around. All she does is yap and yap about things that Fernando seems to be interested in, or at least he acts that way. Most of the things that she speaks about is her school and things that are weird. I mean, those are just topics that I wouldn't necessarily talk about with my boyfriend, if I had one. Everybody had a really good time at the Villareal house. I hadn't had a time to speak to Pepe since he was buzzed and he wouldn't remember what we had spoken about, and I need him to tell me what he thinks or just what's going on. This was going to be interesting. Once I was in my room I put my pajamas on and brushed my teeth. There is something definitely there.. but you are not going to do anything about it. I sucked in a breath and let it out very slowly. How can one man do this to me? It wasn't fair. I got into bed and tried to fall asleep, which wasn't working because my mind was completely filled with what was going to happen. Sergio was really nice, and he made me forget what was happening with my life, meaning the whole Fernando deal because he was all that was in my mind. I started to think about him and Olalla, how they looked together. I wasn't about to ruin four years of a perfect relationship. There was just no possible way that I could do that. She was happy, he seemed content. Four years plus the years they were friends.. actually. that's basically all their life. More than a decade that they have been together! That's incredible if you ask me. My eyelids closed by themselves, even though I was still awake. Olalla and Fernando had left earlier from the house and who knows where they went. It's not that I didn't care, it's just that I didn't want to think about what they were doing together.

I looked at the clock and saw that it was around two in the morning. It was so dark in here, that I hated it. I was focusing on going back to sleep when I heard someone giggling.
"Fernando no quieres entrar? (Fernando, don't you want to come inside?)" Of course that was Olalla.
"Ahorita no. Mas tarde tenemos el vuelo, y estoy muy cansado. Ademas tengo que empacar. (Not right now. We have a flight later, and I'm very tired. Plus I have to pack.)" Fernando replied. By now I was standing against the door hearing their conversation, you know.. I didn't mean to eavesdrop, it just happened!
"Bueno, entonces te veo mas tarde? (Okay. Then I'll see you later?)" Her voice sounded really disappointed.
"Si. (Yes.)" That boy was too sweet for his own good, I would not have gotten back with her.. well. I don't really know if they got back together since we never talked about that.. the way that he held me hands with his back at the house.. I sighed once again and actually went back to bed. This time I was succesful as I fell asleep.

There was a knock at the door and I jumped out of bed and went to the door. I wasn't tall enough to peek into the eyehole thing, so I just opened the door. What time was it? Who knew? I yawned and rubbed my eyes while I opened the door. Standing in front of me was a really good looking Sergio Ramos. He was wearing sweats and a t-shirt. Nice way to look comfy for an airplane ride. I smiled at him and this was getting really irritating, since I couldn't help myself. "Hola. Que tal? (Hey, what's up?)" I said as I got out of the way to let him know that he could come in. "Hola Maria Valentina, queria verte no mas. Que cuarto tan ordenado. Jaja. (Hey Maria Valentina, I just wanted to see you. What an organized room. Haha.)" He replied as he walked in, I told him that I had only been here two nights, and he laughed at me. I went and sat down on the bed because I had no wanted to wake up. Sergio followed and sat down on the bed next to me. "No mas querias verme? Y por que? (You only wanted to see me? And why is that?)" Curiousity got the best of me. "Por que me faltaste. No se, ay algo que no puedo explicar cuando hable contigo ayer. (Because I missed you. I don't know there's something that I can't explain when I talked to you yesterday)" He said to me. What a sweet guy, try it. maybe it will work out and will make you forget about Torres. The voice at the back of my head told me. This time, I did as instructed. "Ay que lindo eres. Tambien me hiciste mucha falta Sergio. Nisiquiera me pude dormir hasta las dos de la madrugada..(Aw, what a sweet guy you are. I missed you too Sergio. I couldn't even go to sleep until two in the morning.)" I returned as I sat closer to him. My eyes glanced at the clock and I noticed that it was only nine. I only slept five hours, which wasn't actually that bad if you thought about it since I had slept a long time once we got here. Sergio scooted closer as well, so now our bodies were touching, but we weren't really doing anything. Sitting down and being close with your friend was always really nice.We sat there and talked for almost an hour. That's all we did! Talk, and might I add that Sergio Ramos is an amazing guy? He basically told me his life story about how he had gone from the youth division ontol Real Madrid and stuff. It was all very interesting if I might say so myself, although I had never really taken an interesting in football, I think I might just now. With the whole training thing that I went to and such, I might even take an interest for it. Who knows? I know I've said this a million times, but he's such an easy person to talk to, I mean. Sergio talked with such ease that it was comforting enough for my thoughts to be silenced on that one boy.

This is just the most irritating thing that has ever happened to me. I mean, I've liked boys before, and yes they've been on my mind, it's just the fact that everything I look at or think of reminds me of him, and it all started with Pepe asking me if I liked anyone. Who did my thoughts go to? Fernando. Who was the person that gave me a home and was nice enough to let me get a job doing some random stuff even though he didn't need to? Fernando. Who has been there for me ever since day one that I got to Madrid? Fernando. Most of all, who's been a friend to me besides Pepe and now Sergio? Fernando! Fernando this, Fernando that! It was messing with my head and I detested it. How can anybody like someone that fast? It didn't make any sense, but hey, Romeo and Juliet liked each other in a matter of an hour. I sighed, "Estas bien? (Are you okay?)" Sergio asked me as we sat there. "Si, tranquilo, no mas me duele la cabeza de pensar tanto. No te preocupes. Que quieres hacer?(Yes, relax, I just have a headache for thinking so much. Don't worry. What do you want to do?)" I asked him as I had stood up and went over to my bag to get my clothes for today, I wanted to take a shower since it sounded so nice at the moment, maybe the steam would help me clear my head. "Tengo hambre, entonces voy a ordenar servicio de cuarto mientras tu te das una ducha. (I'm hungry so I'm going to order room service while you take a shower.)" I grinned at him and told him that I wanted waffles. Sergio nodded and I skipped off to the bathroom with my toiletries in hand. I hated thinking about him, simply because it just made me stressed emotionaly, I mean. Wouldn't you be stressed out if everything reminded you of a boy that you liked, but couldn't really do anything about since you didn't want to ruin the relationship specially when he had a girlfriend? Yes, I think you would.So, my shower turned out to be short because I didn't want to sucumb to just think about Fernando the whole time. I just put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt, don't need to dress up for anybody and then put my hair up. As always.. except last night. Washed my face, did all my morning things and then went out to see Sergio. He was eating his breakfast, which looked delicious. I sat down on the bed and got my waffles, poured blueberry syrup on them and then talked to him. I believe it was my turn to talk to him about my past, so I just started telling him from the part were my mom raised me by herself, I didn't specifically tell him that my father had cheated on her or anything, I just left him out and he didn't seem to question. I was going to tell him anyway, he seemed like he actually cared.

"Pues, my padre se fue a vivir a Las Vegas, dejo a mi madre no mas haci. No he hablado con el desde que se fue por que no quiero saber nada de el. No la trato bien y pues, me consta. Llora mucho ella por eso. (Well, my father went to live in Las Vegas, left my mom just like that. I haven't spoken to him since he left because I don't want to know anything about him. He didn't treat her right and well, I have a grudge on that. She cries a lot because of that.)" I said as I continued eating my breakfast, Sergio had finished and he just stared at me intently. I returned with a questioning look, "No nada. Esque me pareces una chica muy al planeta. (No, nothing. You seem like a down to Earth girl.)" He smiled, I smiled back. I told him the same thing, just because he was a footballer, it didn't mean that you had to be cocky and arrogant, Sergio wasn't that. He had said that he played because he loved it, he didn't care about the money, he did what he did because he loved playing football. Sergio described the way that he felt and he said something along the lines of becoming one with the team, you play as a team, you win as a team, you lose as a team, and that's the best feeling there is. Having someone to fall back on even when something goes wrong. Gosh, so intense! We finished breakfast, I packed my bag, and we left the room. We had two hours to kill before the plane left, and I don't know how Olalla managed to get tickets on the same plane and stuff, but she did. I got my bag, but Sergio was so nice to ask if he could take it. I told him that it was fine, and he just laughed and nodded. We went to his room, on the fourteenth floor, and he then grabbed my hand again. This time it had a stronger grip, but not so strong that it would hurt. Although, his feeling was really different than Fernando's. Fernando's touch felt so hot against my skin, that it felt like it was on fire, his hand was so rough, yet it was smooth, strong. Sergio's was gentle and it made my skin tingle.

Once we reached the elevator, we waited for a couple of minutes, "Como dormistes? (How'd you sleep?)" I questioned him to which he replied, " Bien, me levante una vez para ir al baño, pero de resto dormi muy bien. El ejercicio usualmente me hace dormir bien por que como llego a la casa tan cansado. (Good, I wroke up one time to go to the bathroom, but the rest I slept wonderful. The exercise usually lets me sleep good because I get home so tired.)" "Uy si. Eso me paso cuando llegue a la casa despues del dia que fui al entrenamiento con ustedes. Como pueden hacer eso? (Oh yes. That happened to me when I got home after the day that I trained with you guys. How can you do that?)" I asked. "Practica. Yo me acostumbre. Es parte del trabajo! (Practice. I got used to it. It's part of the job.)" Sergio said laughing. I smiled as we went into the elevator. He pressed the number fourteen, and I looked at our hands. They went nicely together and the contrast between our skin was noticeable. My light caramel colored skin was lighter, extremely lighter than his. His skin was tanned, and I'm guessing it was because of his whole training thing, always, or most of the time being out in the blazing sun. All of the sudden my mind imagined somsone else's hand. Ugh! Why did you have to do this Fernando Torres? Why did I have to do this to myself? We got the floor and went to his room. "Espera aqui, no se si Fernando esta despierto o no. No mas necesitio my maleta. (Wait here, I don't know if Fernando is awake or not. I only need my bag.)" I nodded and put my bag down so I wouldn't get tired, even though it was only for a second. Before I knew it, Sergio walked out and I noticed that someone was with him.."Estaba despierto y tambien esta listo, osea que puede bajar con nosotros. (He was awake and he's ready as well, so he can go down with us.)" He smiled. His hand reached for mine and I took it while I stared at Fernando. "Hola." I said towards him. "Hola, como dormistes? (Hey, how did you sleep?)" He asked me and I replied, "Bien. Como siempre, y tu? (Well, like always, and you?)" "Bien tambien, un poco cansado todavia pero bien. (Good as well, a little bit tired still, but good.)" Fernando smiled at me. A bubbling feeling came to my stomach as I smiled at him. Apparently, he made all the thoughts in my mind dissolve because my mind was completely numb right now. This was so stupid, and all he was doing was smiling. I narrowed my eyes as I looked away from him. Sergio looked at me and started laughing.

"Que es tan gracioso? (What is so funny?)" I asked him as we all got in the elevator. Fernando was on my left, and Sergio on my right.
"Tus caras. (Your faces.)" He said as he kept laughing at me.
"Jaja, muy gracioso. (Haha, very funny.)" I told him as I smiled at him.
"Fernando, no vas a recoger a tu novia? (Fernando, aren't you going to pick up your girlfriend?)" Sergio asked him as they both looked at each other.
"Si. (Yes.)" He said as he looked at me.
The bell had rung and the doors opened, the only thing that bothered me is that Fernando couldn't act like himself. He usually wasn't this quiet guy that didn't say anything, most of the time it was easy to talk to him.. you know. Way easier than Sergio since there were those silences that I shared with Fernando, while Sergio always talked. Which wasn't a bad thing, it was just nice to not have anything to say for once. My eyes looked at Sergio as Fernando walked away, he flashed me a smile and the doors closed. Gosh, this boy couldn't stop smiling. We just conversed about random things, until we finally got to the lobby. Making our way down to the place were we had to pay, Pepe was there, and he was talking on his cellphone, smiled at me and then waved to Sergio. Most of the team was here checking out so they could catch the plane. Well, duh. Obvious response. We waited in line, and I started to talk to Xabi Alonso. Man, oh man. Why was most of the Spanish team so good looking? I mean seriously, even though Xabi is around six or seven years older than me.. still! So good looking! and Csec, I realized that he's the closest to my age. Only twenty-one. Then it's Sergio, who's twenty-two. Yay for people being close to my age! All these people were so nice to me, I don't know why but they just were. It was Sergio's and my turn to go, and I gave the lady my key while Sergio asked if he could pay for me. "Olalla ya pago por mi. (Olalla already paid for me.)" I told him. He seemed sort of surprised, but then just shrug it off. I turned around and saw that Fernando had arrived with Olalla, who was staring at me. Uh what? I gave her a wave and she did not return it. Talk about being a friend.I just didn't look at her again and noticed that Fernando and her were discussing something. Why did I care? Oh, because he's your friend and you are just watching out for him. Good plan. That would be the only reason why I would even look at her. I feel so used right now.

"Que pasa linda? (What's wrong pretty girl?)" Sergio asked me as we went were the other players were.
"Me siento usada. (I feel used.)" I told him, why should I lie to him?
"Y por que es eso? (And why is that?)" He asked.
"Por que Olalla me pregunton que viniera para soportarla en reconciliacion con Fernando, y ahora no me quiere hablar para nada. (Because Olalla asked me to come with her to support her in reconciliation with Fernando, and now she doesn't even want to speak me.)" I said. It only hurt because she used me, and I was right! Totally was right, I should have said no.
"Como te puedo explicar esto. Ah Olalla no le importan las personas, al menos que seas de su familia o Fernando. Ella siempre hace ver que tu si le importas a ella, pero en realidad no le importa nada. Siempre va sobre las cosas que quiere y ya. Eso es todo. No se por que Fernando esta con ella, probablemente por que ella es la primera novia de el y todo eso. (How can I explain this to you. Olalla doesn't care about people, unless you're her family or Fernando. She always makes it seem like she cares about you, but in reality she doesn't care. She always tries to get the things that she wants and thats it. I don't know why Fernando is with her, probably because she is his first girlfriend and all of that.)" Sergio told me calmly.
" No puedo creer que le crei. (I can't believe that I believed her.)" I said as realization came upon me. How could she do that?
"Esta bien, no tienes que hablar con ella. Pero, a tu le importas a Fernando. Se su amiga. (It's okay, you don't have to speak to her. But, you are important to Fernando. Be his friend.)" He replied to me.
I didn't say anything after that, instead I gave him a huge hug because in a matter of hours I had found someone that understood me. Someone that had somewhat the same principles as I did, and agreed on certain people. He hugged me back and I couldn't stop smiling after that. I glanced over at Olalla and Fernando, and saw that he was staring at Sergio and I. I couldn't stop myself from giving him a soft look. My eyes were whispering to him again, " Don't stay with her.. come with me..." they were pleading. Fernando stared back at me with the same soft eyes that he gave me last night. I couldn't take it anymore and looked at something else. The funniest thing is that all of this happened within five seconds, how can someone make me feel like this?! I really need to ask these questions outloud our something. "Ahora no vamos para el aeropuerto! Que viva España! (Now we're going to the airport! Long live Spain!)" Luis, the head coach had said. Everybody cheered and we followed him to the team's bus.

The ride wasn't that long for some reason and we had an hour until we boarded the plane. Everybody got their stuff and we all piled into the airport, cameras and fans where everywhere. Flashing was going off, and it's not that I didn't mind, it's just that I was blinded. If someone hadn't caught my arm and dragged me along I would have most likely fallen flat on my face. Oh, and I lost Sergio somewhere on the way, I mean he was there one second and then the next, he was just gone. Not wanting to bring attention I just kept walking, until. All these cameras started flashing! Why would they flash me when I was at the back of the group trying to go unnoticed? Ugh, anyway, all of the sudden people were just shooting questions, which I didn't understand since it was in Italian. I was just staring at them dumbfounded, when someone grabbed my arm and dragged me all the way in the middle of the group, so I would be in pictures, but in general pictures. With the whole team. I looked to see who had grabbed me, and it was the number nine striker. "Oof, gracias por eso. Si no me hubiera caido. (Wew, thanks for that. Or else I would've fallen.)" He nodded and told me,"De nada chiquita. (You're welcome, little girl.)" Time stopped. Either that, or everything around us was moving ten times faster because once I stared into his irresistible brown eyes, I couldn't stare away. "Fernando. Tenemos que hablar. (Fernando. We have to talk.)" I blurted out before i could even think of what to say. I looked up at him, my big blue eyes not breaking the eye contact, this time he had to be the first to break it. He was about to say something but then, "Fernando. Vamos. (Fernando. Let's go.)" Olalla said as she grabbed his hand. He blinked his eyes and sighed, then I just walked away. I did not want to be near her. She deserves someone way worse, like herself. Sergio was looking for someone.. and I guessed it was me. I tapped him and gave him a smile, he did the same. "Te perdi. No lo hago otra vez. (I lost you. I won't do it again.)" He stated, I just nodded since I was just glad to see him there.

The cameras stopped and everything as we went through security. Sheesh, the life of a footballer was way complicated. And I wasn't even one! I just happened to be with one! That's it! I asked Sergio if it was always like that, and he said yeah, but it's something that you go used to. "No importa donde estoy, ay fans que siempre estan ahi. Eso es muy importante para mi por que si no eran por ellos, yo no creo que yo estuviera aqui. (It doesn't matter where I am, there's fans that are always there. That is really important for me because if it wasn't for them, I don't believe I would be where I am.)" He had told me. "Me imagino. Me parece muy chevere aunque se ve muy complicado. (I can imagine. It seems to me like it's really cool but it looks so complicated.)" I said as he was signing someone's shirt. His shirt. How nice of him to do so. We got to the gate and we were boarding in fifteen minutes, which I was very happy about. I wanted to get to my bedroom and call Natalia. Well, I suppose I could call her right now.. since the whole Spanish Team was using their cellphones and whatnot. Fernando was speaking on his cellphone, and Olalla, and Sergio, and everybody else! I got my phone out and dialed for Natalia. She picked up. Of course. I went into a small shop and told her everything that happened. In everything, I mean everything. From when Olalla came to the house, until right now. All in a matter of ten minutes, since she just listened. I didn't tell her how I felt about Fernando because it just wasn't the time to speak about it, I will soon though, there was no way that I could keep this bottled up inside, someone had to know. I bought some gum and went back to the gate. "Natalia I have to go, we're boarding the plane, but I will talk to you as soon as we land okay? Which would be in about.. two to three hours. So I'll just call you tomorrow better. Okay?" She had replied with an okay, and then we both hung up the phone. I gave the ticket to the man, and then boarded the plane. Sergio behind me. You know, I didn't really know who was going to be sitting next to me or anything, not that I cared. I put my bag in between my legs once I sat down on my seat and looked out the window. It was such a pretty day. The sun was out, and the sky was the prettiest blue I had ever seen. "Que dicha! (What a pleasure!)" Someone said, and I turned. Oh yes! I get to share the ride with Pepe! How wonderful!

"Pepe!" I said while I gave him a side hug.
"Maria!" He laughed. I noticed that he seemed like a very wise person.
"Finalmente puedo hablar contigo. Te tengo mucho que decir mi amigo. (Finally, I can talk to you. I have a lot to tell you my friend.)" I said as I was getting ready to tell the one person that I trusted the most here.. besides Fernando. Fernando was the perosn though! No way I could tell him.
"Si. Finalmente. (Yes. Finally.)" He said as he chuckled.
"Pepe. Tengo que hablarte sobre algo serio. (Pepe. I have to talk to you about something serious.)" I said, the humor spell had vanished.
He just looked at me, and I started, "Pepe, cuando tu me preguntaste si a mi me gustaba alguien, te dije que no, pero si! Si me gusta alguien, y tu sabes quien es. Ayer me lo preguntastes. Pero, Pepe. No puedo hacer nada, el y Olalla estan juntos y lo mejor que puedo hacer es dejarlo haci, por que si no entonces puedo causar problemas y tu sabes como seria eso. No seria bueno, pero Pepe! No puedo entenderlo, Fernando y yo no mas- (Pepe, when you asked me if I liked anybody, I saod no, but yes! I like someone, and you know who it is. You asked me yesterday. But, Pepe. I can't do anything, him and Olalla are together and the best thing I can do is if I leave it like that, because if I don't it can cause problems and you know how that would be. That wouldn't be good, but Pepe! I can't understand, Fernando and I are-)" Pepe had put his finger on my lips, and he spoke, "No digas amigos, por que no es verdad. Yo se como el te mira a ti muñeca. Te mira como nunca miro a Olalla. Si, estan juntos y de todo, ella es la unica novia que el a tenido, y si ella fue su primer amor y todo, pero no creo que el sienta lo mismo ahora. No es tu culpa, ni es la culpa de el. Estas cosas pasan. Yo se. (Don't say friends, because it's not true. I know how he looks at you doll. He looks at you like he never looked at Olalla. Yes, they're together and all of that, she has been his only girlfriend that he's had, and yes she was his first love and everything, but I don't think he feels the same now. It's not your fault, nor his fault. These things happen. I know.)"
"Pepe. I just don't know what to do." I told him switching to English.
"It's okay. You don't have to know what to do in every type of situation. Just wait a while and we'll see what happens. If nothing, then forget about it, if something. We'll just wait." Pepe said reasuring me. He knew what to say.
"Creo que encontre mi propio Yoda. Jaja. (I think I found my own Yoda. Haha.)" I said.
Pepe just laughed at me and then asked about Sergio, "I think it's going well, I mean. I've only just met him, but he's so nice and sweet towards me!" I giggled like a little school girl.
"Que bueno, depronto hasta te olvidas de aquel delantero. (That's good, maybe you can forget about that one striker.)" Pepe said.
I didn't say anything because nothing that I could do would make me forget him.
"Y tu como estas Pepe? Como esta Yolanda y las chicas? (And how are you Pepe? How is Yolanda and the girls?)"
"Bien, bien. Estan bien. Lindas como siempre, me hacen falta. (Good, good. They're good. Pretty as always, I miss them.)" I would miss my family too! Wait.. I do!
Pepe and I had a very nice conversation throughout the whole plane ride. He told me about how he met Yolanda and their life story. All these stories of these football players were so interesting that my own story didn't compare. I told him what I had told Sergio, well, not in the exact words, but pretty close to it since Pepe was now in my close circle of friends. I could tell that he cared about me since he asked questions and there was just a feeling of comfort. Stupid footballers and their feeling of comfort. Gosh. It was kind of nice to talk to someone about what I've been feeling towards Fernando because it was driving me insane and I couldn't stand it. The thoughts kept messing with my head and it was just unbelievable that I hadn't gone crazy yet. My mind was thoughtless for the plane ride since Pepe kept distracting me with his jokes and whatnot. I could tell that the whole Spanish team was one big family, since they all watched out for each other.
"Pepe. Yesterday, when we where at the party. Fernando asked me if I had any feelings for him. I told him that I did, but I didn't specifically tell him what those feelings were. Then I said that I couldn't ruin anything and walked away."I quietly told him.. well as quietly as I could since the airplane made a sound. I closed my eyes as Pepe spoke, "I think you did the right thing, like I say again.. let's wait and see what happens. Before you came, Olalla and Fernando had been having problems, arguing here and there, and about random things too. Family, money, it's as if she wants everything for herself. Well, that's what Fernando has told me. I mean. I don't really-- I can't really say anything since it's not my place, but you know. Just wait."
"Then why is he with her? That's the part that I don't understand!" I exclaimed a little too loud, I looked around the plane and noticed that most of the people were sleeping.
"No es tan facil Maria, han estado juntos por tanto tiempo que el ya no sabe que hacer. Dale tiempo y veras que pasa. (It's not so easy Maria, they've been together for so long that he doesn't know what to do. Give him time and see what happens.)" Pepe said calming me down. All I could do was nod since I didn't know how to respond to that.

We talked until we landed. It was pretty amazing how these Spanish footballers. So interesting, and I think that Pepe was someone that I could fully trust very much like Sergio. The airplane bell had rung with the cool female voice said, "Bienvenidos a Madrid! Welcome to Madrid!" We got off the plane, and I waited at the gate for Sergio to come out of the plane. Before I knew it, there was an arm draped over my shoulder and I looked up to see him. "Tu vuelo estaba bueno? (Was your flight good?)" I nodded and snuggled into his chest. We made our way out of the airport, finally to be back where I was used to. Everybody got their bags, and I noticed that Fernando and Olalla were not with us. I just shrugged it off, not really caring where they had gone, but more interested in the fact that it was raining. I hated the rain. Although, it felt really nice since it was always so hot here, a nice change. Once we were outside, the rain picked up and I just clung to Sergio. "Jaja. Que pasa linda? (Jaja. What's wrong pretty girl?)" He asked as we made our way to a taxi. "Odio la lluvia. (I hate the rain.)" Was all I said as we got in the cab. Sergio's hair was misty and he sat next to me. "Quieres ir a mi casa? (Do you want to go to my house?)" He asked me as he told the driver where to go. "Mejor otro dia. Tengo que llegar y arreglar la casa. (Maybe another day. I have to get home and organize the house.)" I said as I laid my head on his shoulder, he said okay, and then told the driver a different address. We just sat there, "Que hiciste en el avion? (What did you do in the plane?)" I asked him absentmindedly. "Dormir. (Sleep.)" He said while he chuckled. Then he asked me what I did and I told him that all I did was talk to Pepe. "Ustedes se cuidan mucho uno al otro. (You guys take care of each other.)" I noted as the taxi found its way to a stop. Was his house really this short in distance? "Si. Nos queremos mucho. (Yes. We love each other a lot.)" He said. "Entonces que, te doy mi numero de telefono? (Now what, do I give you my phone number?)" I asked him as I sat straight and he nodded. He gave me his, and I gave him mine. "Me puedes llamar cuando quieras, siempre lo tengo prendido. (You can call me whenever you want. I always have it on.)" I said as I got out of the taxi. Sergio got out from the other side and came around, he smiled at gave me a nod. "Te veo mas tarde linda. (I'll see you later pretty girl.)" He told me. I got on my toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

Okay, so I went into the house and saw that it was just the same as two days ago. "Duh, what was going to happen to it anyway?" I asked outloud to nobody in particular, Fernando was not here yet. Wonder where he is.. I went upstairs and put all my stuff back, and then I got my phone and called mom. "Hey mom. I haven't talked to you in a while, so I thought that I would call to check up and see how you're doing. Just give me a call when you get this, I don't care if I'm sleeping and you wake me up. Love you, bye." Well that was weird. Mom usually picked up the phone when I called her, oh well. She could be in court right now.. so I don't know. I looked around my room and didn't know what to do. The house was partially clean, but I just didn't feel like doing anything, specially because of this rain. This rain! I hated the weather sometimes because it affected people's moods. I went downstairs and straight to the kitchen. My throat was dry and I wanted water, so. Once I got that I went into the living room and turned on the television. My mind was somewhere else until I found something that was interesting. Soccer game. Atletico Madrid vs. Valencia? What the heck? I looked at the players that were playing right now and it was around the second part of the game. They were zero, zero right now, but I'm sure that one of them would score. Apparently, Fernando was playing, since there was a number nine with Torres on the back of his shirt. Somehow I got really interested in the game, and at the seveny-fourth minute, the goalie from Valencia was about to throw off the ball to someone else, when he 'accidentally' slipped and brushed past Fernando who was right next to him. "What?! Come on ref! Don't give him the yellow card! That's retarded!" I shouted at the tv. A minute or so later, Fernando was arguing with the ref, so now the ref gave him a red card. "What the hell is wrong with you ref?! Can't you see that he's just trying to find out why you gave him the yellow card?! It wasn't even his fault! Did you not see the goalie brush past him?! Even if I have better eyes than you, and I wasn't even there!" I screamed again. Fernando was clearly angry, I would be too, and he just didn't say anything and went out of the field. Then I heard a chuckle behind me.

"Me acuerdo de ese juego. (I remember that game.)" Fernando said as he walked and sat on the couch.
"Muy entretenida me puso. (It made me very entertained.)"
"Me puse tan furioso que casi que no sabia que hacer. (I got so mad that I didn't know what to do.)" He replied.
"I completely understand! Totally unfair. Stupid goalie and his stupid goalie rights." I narrowed my eyes at the tv as he kept talking to me.
"Si. Como te fue en el vuelo? (Yes. How did it go on the plane?)" He asked curiously.
"Bien. Hable mucho con Pepe. (Good. I talked to Pepe a lot.)" I said eyeing him.
"De que hablaron? (What did you talk about?)" Fernando asked.
"Muchas cosas. (A lot of things.)" Okay, there was no way I could tell him that we talked about him because then I don't know what he would do. The chances of not telling him were better since just letting things happen was a better idea than to make those things happen.
"Que interesante. Yo dormi. Ahora me siento mejor. (How interesting. I slept. Now I feel better.)" He gave me a smile.
"Que bueno, que quieres hacer? (That's good, what do you want to do?)"
"No se. (I don't know.)"
"Nunca sabes. (You never know.)" I returned.
"No mas cuando estoy contigo. (Only when I'm with you.)" He said.
I laughed and so did he, "Y tu? De que hablaste con Olalla? (And you? What did you talk about with Olalla?)" I casually asked him.
His eyes narrowed, "No quiero hablar de ella. No importa. (I don't want to talk about her. It doesn't matter.)"
"Claro que importa Fernando. Si te pone haci es por que si importa. (Of course it's important Fernando. If she puts you like this, it is important.)"
"Pues, es complicado. (Well, it's complicated.)"
"Bueno, entonces dime cuando quieras. No te voy a empujar. (Okay, then tell me when you want. I'm not going to push you.)" He nodded.
"Tu eres una buena amiga. (You're a good friend.)" Fernando noted.
I just nodded, not being a good one right now.. "Haver! Que hacemos? (Well! What are we going to do?)" I implied.
"Tengo una idea. (I have an idea.)" He said as he got up and went over to the tv, there was two small doors under it, he opened it, got some game system out and plugged it in. My mouth dropped. "No puedo creerlo! Tienes un Super nintendo Y nunca me dijiste?! (I can't believe it! You have a Super Nintendo and you never told me?!)" Oh it was on now. He was finally going to lose at something.
"Nunca preguntaste.. y nunca limpiaste por aca.. (You never asked.. and you never cleaned around here..)" He said while he gave me a smile.
I went and sat a little bit from the tv while he set everything up, "Que juegos tienes? (What games do you have?)" I asked as he gave me the controller. Oh this was going to be so much fun. Finally some excitement today! "Haver, tengo. Zelda, Mario Kart, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat. Cual quieres jugar? (Let's see I have. Zelda, Mario Kart, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat. Which one do you want to play?)" He asked as he sat down next to me. "Hmm. Mario Kart. Soy mejor en los the carrera. (Hmm. Mario Kart. I'm better at the racing ones.)" He put it in and away we went.

We were entertained for a good couple of hours. Of course he had to beat me.. what the heck? "Do you have to be good at everything?" I asked as he put it away, "No. I'm not good at a lot of things.." He replied. I doubted that. My eyes locked with his for a second and I noticed that there was something different in them. There wasn't that tone that made him look sad, there wasn't that doubt in them. They were warm and honest, and I had no idea how I could tell that by just looking at them. Then I noticed his hair, it seemed shorter to me, lighter. A little bit past his eyes, and I never noticed that the way his hair fell into his eyes made him seem younger than he already was. I couldn't look away nor stop gazing at him. [i\Dime lo que tengo que hacer para sacar el dolor. (Tell me what I have to do so I can take the pain out.) I wanted to ask him if there was anything that I could do to make him feel better, but I was silenced. I couldn't do anything.. he and Olalla had to work this out by themselves. "Que paso? (What happened?)" He asked, could he see the change in my face? I shook my head, "Nada. (Nothing.)" I replied to him. It was around eight or something since we had played for a long time so I went into the kitchen and grabbed an apple. Fernando had followed and made himself a sandwhich. We sat there in the bar, I was concentrating on chewing my apple when, "Tu y Sergio se van a poner serios? (You and Sergio are going to get serious?)" Fernando asked me. "No se. Depende del tiempo, creo que el es mas amigo que novio. Quien sabe. (I don't know. Depends on time, I think he's more of a friend than a boyfriend.)" I replied. "Hmm. Veo, vamos a ver que pasa. Esque. No se. (Hmm. I see, we'll see what happens. It's just that. I don't know.)" He returned. "Esque que? (It's just that what?)" After a few moments, I looked up at Fernando and saw that he was thinking. Well, his eyes were closed, so it seemed as though he were thinking. "Fernando?" I asked. "No se como me sentiria si tu estuvieras de novia. (I don't know how I would feel if you would have a boyfriend.)" You have a girlfriend.. "Tu tienes novia y no me ves a mi haciendo algo. (You have a girlfriend and you don't see me doing anything about it.)" I said a little bit too harsh. I added, "Y ademas.. tu te vez feliz con ella. (And besides.. you look happy with her.)" I didn't know what else to say.. I didn't want to fight with him. "Fernando. No quiero pelear contigo. No creo que nada va a pasar. Somos amigos no mas. (Fernando. I don't want to fight with you. I don't think anything is going to happen. We're just friends.)" I said softly. He opened his eyes and gave me that same look that he had given me last night. Stop looking at me like that. "Que? (What?)" I asked. "No se como explicarte. (I don't know how to explain it to you.)" He sighed. Suddenly a million questions were bubbling in my lips, but I was not going to pressure him. "Tranquilo. (Relax.)" I said.

Okay. That made no sense to me at all. He didn't want me to have a boyfriend, but yet he had a girlfriend? Boys are way confusing. I got up and went to my room.. I couldn't face him any longer. I did say good night though before I closed the door. My head was so confused now. I guess we had forgotten to talk about something more important like did he like me? Well.. does that give me a clue? No. It just makes me more confused at what he's doing. It makes me more confused at what I'm doing! I sighed and went over to my bed. I threw myself there and then my phone started ringing. My eyes immediately lit up, "Sergio! Que mas? (Sergio! What's up?)" What a sweet boy. "Nada. Queria saber si quieres ir al entrenamiento conmigo? (Nothing. I wanted to see if you would like to go to training with me?)" Aw. Of course I knew my answer before he even finished, "Si pero no quiero hacer lo que ustedes hacen. Puedo correr no mas? (Yeah, but I don't want to do what you guys do. Can I just run?)" I asked him as I smiled while I layed back down on the bed again. "Claro que si. Lo que tu quieras Linda. Esque te quiero llevar a comer.(Of course pretty girl. It's just that I want to take you out to eat.)" He responded. "Bueno. Listo. (Okay. Sure.)" I laughed as he told me what he had done when he got home. Not much, just chill out and watch a few matches of football before he had called me. "Jugue el Supernintendo con Fernando. Me gano. (I played Supernintendo with Fernando. He beat me.)" I told him, Sergio laughed. I looked at the clock and it seemed as though we had been conversing for hours, for it was now ten. "Sergio, si quieres verme en la madrugada, me tienes que dejar dormir. Ah, y quieres que le diga a Fernando? Para que el me pueda llevar? (Sergio, if you want to see me in the morning, you have to let me sleep. Oh, and do you want me to tell Fernando? So he can take me?)" I asked him as I waited for his response. "No. Yo te recojo. (No. I'll pick you up.)" He said. "Bueno. A que horas? (Okay. What time?)" I asked, "Por ahi a las.. seis y media? Me queda un poquito mas lejos, pero no importa. (Around.. six thirty? It makes it a little bit farther, but it doesn't matter.)" Sergio said. I asking him if he was sure, and he said yes. You're too sweet. Why did footballers have to be so nice? To me at least? Whatever. "Entonces to veo mas tarde lindo. (Then I will see you later pretty boy.)" I said as I yawned, he chuckled and said goodbye. Once the phone was shut, I looked around and saw that it was still raining. "What the flip? Please don't let it rain tomorrow." I said.

I peeked out my bedroom door, and saw that nobody was around. I went over to Fernando's room, of course his door was closed, but I wanted to let him know that I was going to the practice tomorrow.. it just didn't feel right not telling him. I knocked, "Pasa. (Pass.)" He said. I walked in and told him, "Voy a ir al entrenamiento otra ves. Sergio quiere que vaya, y entonces. Voy a ir. ( I'm going to the training again. Sergio wants me to go, and so. I'm going to go.)" His brown eyes just stared at me. Habla por favor. (Please talk.)"Bueno. (Okay.)" He said, and then I just said good night and went into my room. It was so hot.. I opened the window. I didn't care. It was just drizzling anyway, not raining super hard, plus my winow had a little roof thing so it's not like my room would flood. I put my pajamas on and then went to sleep.

The stupid pat of the rain woke me up. Could you believe that it hasn't stopped raining? Over the night it got harder, then softer, then harder, and then softer again. It had gotten harder this morning, so I just gave up and woke up. I laid in bed for twenty minutes thinking if I should take extra sets of clothes for my date with Sergio later. My body got up and went over to the closet to see what I could wear. Well, I mean, I could wear anything, but I wanted to look nice for him. I don't go out, or date people nevertheless, but that would be okay right? My hands went through several shirts until I found a blue gathered front shirt. It seemed fit for the occassion so I took it out. Now. Pants or skirt? My eyes scanned the window.. definitely pants. I found low rise jeans which would go rather nicely with the blue blouse. The jeans were a light denim blue, which I loved. Now for shoes.. I didn't feel like being tall today, so I decided on white flats since they were popular nowadays. I didn't really like the shoes since they were so popular, but today. I'll conform with everybody. Once I picked out my outfit I got a bag and put all my clothes inside. I went to the bathroom, got my toiletries and took a shower since I was about to go work out.. in the rain? Maybe they had an inside gym that I wouldn't have to worry about. My body did not want a long shower since I hadn't bothered to check the time. I got dressed quickly in a pair of bikers and a shirt. Put my tennis shoes on, and as soon as I walked out onto my room, my phone was ringing. Sergio was calling. "Hola." I had said as I got my Ipod and walked out of my room with the phone in one hand. "Hola linda. Estas lista? Estoy afuera. (Hey pretty girl. Are you ready? I'm outside.)" I told him yes, and I walked out of the house. I wonder if Fernando was already awake? I shrugged and a smile plastered on my face as soon as I saw Sergio. The rain was not coming down at all, but as I looked up, I could tell that it was very dark. I got in the car. "Sergio. Muchas gracias por haver venido a recogerme. (Sergio. Thanks so much for coming to pick me up.)" I told him as we drove away. "No te preocupes. Vamos a llegar a tiempo. (Don't worry, We'll be there in time.)" I smiled at him as he flashed me a smile. "Como que va llover no? (How about that rain?)" I asked him. He nodded and another question popped in my head, "Vamos a entrenar afuera? (Are we going to train outside?)" "No. Nuestras facilidades tienen un campo adentro. (No. our facilities have a court inside.)" I nodded and felt better since I wouldn't get rained on.

Sergio and I sang along to the songs on the radio and it was so much fun! We laughed and enjoyed each other's company.

Once we got to Atletico Madrid.. since the Spanish Football team is training there, we got out of the car and went inside. I was already changed so Sergio led me to the inside football court. I was amazed at how big it was and Sergio just laughed at me. He said that he would be back in a little bit since he had to go get changed with the other boys. Of course, I put my bag down and sat so I could stretch. Luis Aragonés had come out and he smiled at me. "Vas a entrenar con nosotros hoy? (Are you going to train with us today?)" He asked me as he came over and helped me stretch. "No. No mas quiero correr. Esta bien? (No. I only want to run. Is that okay?)" He nodded, "Claro. (Of course.)" He helped me stretch my calves and thighs out. Players started coming out and I waved to them, Pepe, Cesc, Sergio, Xabi, Xavi, all waved at me. I smiled at them. Fernando came out last and saw me. I walked over to him, "Dormiste bien? (Sleep well?)" He smiled and nodded. Okay, so this is turning out to be one of the weirdest relationships ever. We didn't talk, but when we didn't talk, it's like we did talk, it's like we knew what the other was thinking which was really strange, but anyway. Luis had said that all the players had to run around the field for at least ten minutes. I sat and watched, "No quieres correr ahora? (You don't want to run right now?)" I shook my head, "No. Cuando ellos empiezen a practicar mejor. (No. When they start practicing, better.)" Luis nodded. It was really cool seeing the team run as one, their bodies and their footwork was quite entertaining seeing as they moved together. Fluid swift movements. Apparently I mus thave dozed off since they were doing drills now. Fernando and Sergio were throwing the ball around, and I got my Ipod out. "Nos vemos! (I'll see you!)" I chuckled at Luis as I went out onto the pitch. Picking a playlist and starting to walk the first lap I turned on my Ipod. All I wanted to do right now was to get rid of any consciousness I had with anybody from here. I wanted to let go and not think about it for a while. Mom hadn't returned my call.. which was strange. She usually called me an hour or so later back, but this time she didn't. That made me wonder..

I started jogging, screw finishing the first lap. The pitch was way big and I wasn't going to get my runner's high this way. I walked the first half and now I was jogging. Jogging to the music in my Ipod. The music helped clear my mind succesfully into not thinking about that one guy that was playing against Sergio at the moment. They were still doing drills, but now. They were all in a circle and one of them was in the middle trying to get the ball, so the person that had kicked the ball, goes into the center now. I kept jogging as my breath started to get heavier. I kept my pace though and continued to do so. Why do you even like him? I mean. Yeah he's really nice, and super sweet with Olalla. And the fact that he's obviously really good looking is just a plus. But why else like him? Who the hell are you kidding? You totally like him. You don't even need reasons to like him, you just do. It's something that you noticed the first day when you got here.. I was battling my mind and I couldn't help it. Sweat was running down my face and onto my neck. I knew I had to stop, but I couldn't. Agitation and frustration were kicking in into my adrenaline which caused me to jog a tiny bit faster. Stupid footballers. Why didn't I just let Natalia pay for the stupid car? Ugh! The music was suddenly to loud for me. Of course it was at the highest volume, but now it was just blaring into my ears, I wanted to turn it down. I wanted to drop my Ipod and drop to the ground, this was really bothering me. I kept running. No. I will not let him defeat me! He will not win at that. He can beat me at everything except that. Fernando Torres, you will not win! Right when I said his name I had to look up to see what he was doing. Sergio was helping him stretch. Wow. Never thought I would get to see that at all! I smiled and kept jogging. Okay, so that's.. five laps now? A break yes? Yes. I stopped jogging and turned into walking, power walking. My arms reached up to the sky as I breathed in and out deeply. I went to Luis. "Done ahi agua? (Where's water?)" He didn't answer, but got out a water bottle from a cooler and gave me one. I thanked him and chugged it down. I laid on the grass and looked up. The ceiling was glass apparently and I could see the rain coming It was harder, but the good thing was that there was no lightning or thunders. That would not be good, I would have just ran out of there and tried to find a place where I wouldn't be able to see it. I opened my eyes, sat up. Stretched again, and sighed. My head was spinning. One, mom hasn't returned my call. Two, I had a date with Sergio tonight. Three, I am so confused about Fernando right now! I don't even know what's going on in the whole 'liking' thing. To tell you the truth, I think he's just as confused as me. Which gives comfort, but who knows.

It's just. How is it possible for someone to like someone so quickly? Why do I keep asking myself that? This is so annoying that I wish I could scream right now. Just admit it. I do. "Linda. Fernando y Olalla vienen esta noche con nosotros. (Pretty girl. Fernando and Olalla are coming with us tonight.)" I glanced at Fernando who was running drills. "Claro que si.(Of course.)" I smiled at him.Well. This is going to be a hell of a date.

Image
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the conversations not being in bold. My laptop screwed something up. x.x It looks weird. Haha. Whatevs. Enjoy it. :] Comments and messages are love. NOW IM UP TO DATE. Good stuff. The new one should be out on Sunday. :]