Little Miss Blue Dress

Thunderstorms

Guess what? Just guess. Go ahead. Try. No. Don't even. I'm at home because of the weather. That's right. The stupid freaking weather has to go and be mean. I mean, the rest of practice was fine and everything. I jogged some more laps and then we ate lunch. Sergio had an interview dring it so I sat with Xabi and Pepe. Fernando was nowhere to be found and of course he was most likely with Olalla. Eating lunch with her somewhere. I noticed that Fernando and I forgot all about how we had to talk. Well, we sort of did yesterday but then we didn't because he said that it was too complicated. Anyway, so we sat and ate lunch. Xabi and Pepe were great hosts like always. I don't know what it was about these footballers, but they were so nice! In fact, I even asked them, "Why are you guys so nice to me?" To which they both replied, "You're our friend. You're important." So I was their friend now. You know.. it seemed as though they were growing on me like a family because seriously, I had never had such a nice group of guys care that much about me. Right after lunch we went back to the training grounds and I don't know how athletes can do it, I mean. They can just go out and jog five mínutes after they have eaten and not throw up. I sat on the ground and watched them train. Fernando appeared out of nowhere and Sergio came back. He talked to me for about ten minutes before he had to go back to training though. Then their coach, Luis came over and said something really interesting. "Tu sabes, desde que Fernando te a conocido, el a estado jugando muy bien. No se lo que es por que cuando el esta en la cancha, antes de que el te conocio y despues de que te conocio, la mente de el cuando el juega futbol es el ciento por ciento en futbol pero. No se. Despues de que el te conocio algo en el se prendio y ahora esta trantando mas fuerte. Es muy interesante de ver.(You know, ever since Fernando has met you, he's been playing very well. I don't know what it is because whenever he's on the field, before he met you or even after he met you, his mind is on football the whole time, but, I don't know. Right after he met you something sparked in him that made him want to try harder. It's really interesting to see.)" My thoughts were silenced once I heard that. The look on my face must have given me away because Luis said, "No me digas que no te has dado cuenta? (Don't tell me that you haven't noticed it?)" I just shook my head. Even the old man sees it? "No, no lo veo. El esta mas interesado en Olalla. (No, no I don't see it. He is more interested in Olalla.)" I argued as we both watched Fernando play. He was shooting some goals towards Pepe who was blocking almost all of them. "Tu no vez como te mira el. Note cuando viniste a Italia. Te mira con un cariño. (You don't see how he sees you. I noticed when you came to Italy. He looks at you with such affection.)" He said. That just stumped me. How is it that everybody else sees this except me? I asked, "No se como todo el mundo puede ver eso por que yo no lo veo. Pregunta. Como una persona puede sentir esto cuando no mas lo e conocido mas o menos en un mez? (I don't know how everybody else sees this because I don't see this. Question. How can a person feel this when I have only met him more or less in a month?)" If I was stumped, now I was just there on the ground stepped on because of what he had said next, "Las cosas no tienen que tomar tanto si son claras. Osea, si no mas un mez, pero no significa que no son claras. Yo miro la claridad en como el te mira a ti. (Things don't have to take a long time if they are clear. Well, yes only a month, but it doesn't mean that they aren't clear. I see the clarity when he looks at you.)"

All I did the rest of the practice was sit there and tried to think. What the heck did he mean by that? This is driving me insane! My phone was ringing so I went and grabbed it. I sighed in relief as I saw who it was, "Madre mia de mi corazon y de mi alma. (Mother of my heart and my soul.)" I breathed into the phone. "Hola my vida. Como estas? Como esta todo? (Hello my life. How are you? How is everything?)" She sounded fine at least which was really good since most of the time she was upset for some reason. Probably because my dad left. "Good mom, things are good. You know. Cleaning houses, falling for football players, all that jazz." I was joking of course, but then something in the back of my head told me I wasn't. You can't lie to yourself. Face it. "Oh sweetie, I miss you so much! I know that there's a lot that we have to talk about." She said, I replied, "Mom I know. I wish I could tell you everything that's happened, but it's just so much that I don't even know how to start." My feet started walking towards the tunnel. If I had to talk to my mom, I think it would be better if I was by myself. After all she was the one that gave me life and it's the least I could do. You know, to give her my full attention. "Sweetie. Are you okay?" She asked me. She's the only one that can always tell whether you're fine or not. "No mom. I'm not. I mean, everything's fine. Great really, I've had such a wonderful time here. It's just. Boys. That's all." I told her. "Que? No ay in chico que te guste? (What? There isn't a guy that you like?)" "Hardly. I'm sure everything will work out in the end." I said as I stopped in front of a wall and leaned my back on it. A huge thunder sounded and it made me scream. "What's wrong honey?" My mom asked. "Nothing mom. Just a thunderstorm.. you know." I returned. "Better snuggle up to Fernando tonight!" She giggled. I couldn't say anything. The reception was getting screwed up and at least I didn't pay for the international bill for my phone. Mom was a pretty damn good lawyer so she always took care of me. We didn't exactly have a lot of money, but we had quite a good amount of it. "Mami. Me tengo que ir. La recepcion esta bien mala. (Mom I have to go. The reception is pretty bad.)" She told me goodbye and I told her that I loved her. She said the same and I went back out onto the field. The whole team had stopped what they were doing and were in a massive group hug. Before I could say anything, anything at all, a pair of arms had wrapped around my waist and were spinning me around. "Lo hicimos! Lo hicimos! Estamos en la final contra Alemania en dos dias! ( We did it! We did it! We are in the final against Germany in two days!)" Sergio spoke in my ear. I squealed and laughed. Go National Team of Spain! This was very good news indeed. Luis spoke up, "Bueno. Ahora lo que tenemos que hacer es ganar contra Alemania y la copa es nuestra! Vamos España! Mañana nos vamos para el hotel y el dia siguiente si Dios nos permite ganaremos! (Okay. now what we have to do is win against Germany and the cup is ours! Let's go Spain! Tomorrow we'll leave for the hotel and the next day if God admits it we will win!)" The whole team erupted into a cheer. Sergio had taken a hold of my hand, and said, "Linda. No podemos salir hoy. El clima esta muy malo. (Pretty girl. We can't go out tonight. The weather is really bad.)" Disappointment washed over me.. I really wanted to go out tonight since now it gave us more of a reason to go. Since they were leaving tomorrow. "Pero mañana si! Almuerzo bueno? (But tomorrow, yes! Lunch okay?)" Sergio asked. I nodded at that. Fernando and Olalla wouldn't come to that, they would say their goodbyes in a different place.

We all went inside and I didn't even bother to change anymore since I wasn't going out. Although, I did wipe all my sweat out and whatnot. Waited for the football players to finish taking a shower and things since it's what they did. I guess they didn't want to smell in the car. Not that I smelled bad, because I didn't. Instead I went into the coach's office and we sat and talked. He was a very nice man that Luis. Very nice. He reminded me of my grandfather who was also a brilliant man very much like Luis. So kind and humble. Once the players had finished I followed them to the garage. The lightning was coming more and more, the rain just would not stop. I glared at the weather. The thunder wasn't making a lot of noise right now, but it was still a lot of it. "Esta bien si te vas con Fernando? (Is it okay if you leave with Fernando?)" Sergio asked me. Fernando was next to him, and of course I nodded. I wouldn't like to make Sergio drive all the way out there and then go back to his house. Sounded way dangerous. "Mañana te veo lindo. (Tomorrow I'll see you pretty boy.)" I said as I kissed his cheek. Sergio nodded and went over to his car. I followed Fernando to his. My steps slowed so I was walking behind him instead of next to him. Everybody was off to their cars and there it was again. Time going either too fast or way too slow for me to notice. All that I saw was Fernando who was turning around to face me. I didn't want to deal with this right now since my mind was swirling with all these different thoughts and emotions. The thunderstorm wasn't making it any better at that fact since I was terrified by it. "Can I help you?" I asked as I walked by him and got in the car. He smiled and got in the driver's seat. "Yes. You can." He said as he was driving out into the horrible weather. Fernando had to drive really slow in order for him to see the road, that's how hard the splotches of water were coming down. I was gripping the handle for my life. "How can I help you?" I asked as I tried to take my mind off things. That's a bit of a problem considering that the problem is right next to you. Wait. He's not a problem. Not at all. Just look at him! I didn't look at him. "Can you tell me what's wrong?" My eyes looked at him. How the heck did he know? I was freaking out inside. "Odio la lluvia. bueno, la lluvia no pero los truenos y los relámpagos. (I hate the rain, well, not the rain but the thunders and lightning.)" Which was so true! That was a problem right now, but it wasn't the main thing that was bothering the hell out of me. "Why?" I asked him straight out. "You look like you're struggling with something. Anything I can help with?" Break up with your girlfriend and I'll be the happiest girl alive. "No, just time is all." I responded. Why did I have to be so stupid? "Dime si te puedo ayudar en algo bueno? Aqui estoy para ti. (Tell me if I can help you in anything okay? I'm here for you.)" He said tenderly. I nodded and told him the same thing. My mind was numb and thank goodness he at least had that effect on me. The fact that my thinking was irrational was fantastic! I didn't have to think about everything that had just happened during the day.

Finally, after two hours we made it home. The ride wasn't that nice since it was raining harder, could it rain harder than it already was? Apparently so. The radio wasn't on and we just rode in silence. Fernando looked like he wanted to tell me something, but he didn't say anything at all. We might be on the same boat.. "We're going to have to run inside. The thunder and lightning has died down so we should be fine." Fernando said really loud since the rain was coming down super hard. I just nodded and opened the door. Grabbed my bag and walked slowly to the house. I didn't pay attention to him right now, the rain was getting me soaked wet and I loved the cold water at the moment. Fernando didn't run either, he just walked next to me. My feet stopped, we were in front of his house, they wouldn't move. I dropped my bag that was over one shoulder and turned to look at Fernando as he had stopped with me. "Entremos! ( Let's go inside!)" He yelled. I shook my head. "Te tengo que preguntar algo. (I have to ask you something.)" I said as I raised my voice. I think the reason that I picked right now to tell him is because he wouldn't be able to read my face, yes he would be able to see it, but he wouldn't be able to read it since most of the time he knows..well me. Which is weird seeing as it took Natalia a year to be able to do that. How the hell can one guy do this? "Y que es eso? (And what is that?)" He asked as he moved closer to my face. Did I forget to mention the fact that he was wearing a white shirt and rain was falling down pretty hard? His hair looked simply divine as the droplets dropped from his hair. His eyelashes were full of water but he kept his stare on me. "Tu sientes algo por mi? (Do you feel something for me?)" I asked while I closed my eyes. I didn't want to see his eyes meet mine because I didn't want him to see what was behind them. Fear. Fear that he would say yes. Fear that he would say no. Fear that I would loose him. How can I loose him if he's not even mine? My mind immediately felt disgusted with myself. "Maria Valentina. Si no sintiera nada por ti, nisiquiera te hubiera preguntado a ti. No sabes lo que me haces sentir cuando estoy contigo y cuando no estoy contigo. Yo nisiquiera se! Es algo tan.. diferente. Tan nuevo. (Maria Valentina. If I didn't feel anything for you, I wouldn't even have asked you. You don't know how you make me feel when I'm with you and when I'm not with you. I don't even know! It's so.. different. So new." Fernando said as he put one of his hands on my cheek. I gasped as I opened my eyes. His thumb was caressing my lips, making my heart go a thousand miles a minute. He blinked and I asked, "Que vamos hacer? (What are we going to do?)" I asked him as he was now caressing my jaw and cheek. "Haver que pasa. (See what happens.)" He simply said. Stop doing that or else you'll regret it later. I whimpered against his touch, his eyes never leaving mine. The rain was coming down so hard that I could barely see him. My hand grabbed his hand that was touching my face and I grabbed my bag. I led him into the house. Something that I really liked was that we could drop whatever conversation -the important ones at least- and talk about something else and not feel awkward with each other at all. "Ve y cambiate. Despues dame la ropa para poder lavarla. (Go change, and then give me the clothes so I can wash it.)" I demanded from him as I was already taking my shirt off while I made my way to my room. He didn't see much.. he couldn't have. I didn't feel like taking a shower, since I just took a five minute one outside, so I went to the drawers and pulled out some shorts that went down to my knees and a t-shirt. Went to the bathroom and dried myself as I stripped down and put on dry clothes. This felt so much better.

Might as well do all my laundry. I got the hamper and carried it down to the laundry room. Fernando was already there and was putting the soap in the washer. I smiled at him as he saw who it was. "Espero la otra tanda. (I'll wait until the next round.)" I said as I put my stuff down and went to the kitchen. What should we have to eat today? Cereal was the best choice right now. I got out a bowl and cereal. Frosted Flakes. I turned on the television in the living room and a commercial was on. It was on Frosted Flakes! There was a football player along with Tony the Tiger.. and it turned out to be Fernando Torres. What is he not on? I started laughing, and saw how good he juggled the ball. "Fernando!" I yelled out his name, the rain was coming down and it wouldn't stop. Lightning and thunder were back on again and it just.. scared the crap out of me. Fernando came back and I told him what I saw and he just made a face. "That was a really long time ago. Two maybe three years ago. When I had my mowhawk." He said as he sat down next to me. I nodded and finished eating my cereal. "Entonces que quieres hacer esta noche por que no nos vamos a ir de aqui-(So what do you want to do tonight because we aren't leaving here-)" The lights went off before I could finish my sentence. It was almost dark, but I could still see and this freaked me out the most! Help! I glanced around the room and saw that now the air conditioner had gone off so it would get pretty hot inside. Great. "Podemos jugar juegos. (We can play games.)" He suggested. "Como que? (Like what?)" Fernando got up and went over to where the Super nintendo was. "I have. Monopoly, Cards, Parquess, Uno, Chess, Scrabble, Rumikub." My eyes lit up on Rumi. "Rumikub por favor." I said as I went to the kitchen and put the dishes away. I got a few candles to put them on the table, opened the door to the porch since it was about to get really hot. Fernando came over, and I hadn't noticed what he was wearing. A t-shirt with shorts. Just like me. I smiled to myself as I lit the candles. Three of them were on the table and that was enough light for right now. Fernando set up the game and I sat down. He took out the paper and pencil and wrote down his name and my name. "Estas lista para perder? (Are you ready to lose?)" Fernando asked as he picked up his fourteen numbers while smirking. "Si. (Yes.)" I smiled back at him. He frowned. "Que? (What?)" I asked as I got my pieces. "Siempre crees que vas a perder? Con lo que sea? (Do you always believe that you're going to lose? With anything?)" "No. Nomas contigo (No. Only with you.)" I told him. I can't win anything when you're playing with me. Who's to say that you aren't playing with me right now? Fernando Torres. You will not win this battle. This was ridiculous! I was arguing with myself wether Fernando Torres actually liked me or not. If he did, then what the heck? Agh. I hated men sometimes. In general, I couldn't hate Fernando. "Why do you think that?" He asked me. "I don't even know. Everything that we get at is just.. different." That was the best I could come up with. It's not as if it wasn't the truth, because it was! I just didn't know how to explain it to him. My eyes looked up at him and he was already staring at me. He even beats me to that. "Are you used to winning?" Fernando asked. "No." I answered.

We played until around nine thirty. It was the best ever, since I totally won. My body got up and went up to him since he was standing up as well putting the game away. My hands took the game pieces and put them in the bag so he could put the game away. The wind wasn't strong, but the contrast of the weather inside the house plus the weather outside was very nice. A soft breeze was blowing even though it was raining and it felt amazing. As he went to put the game away I went to the door to close it since we were going to do something else. I stopped at the door and looked outside, even though it was raining terribly, everything looked at peace. Everything was just in its place and taking its course. My big blue eyes just stared at the garden, the flower actually. There was a small pool of water in it, but it blossomed so beautifully. I didn't know what type of flower it was, but it was so pretty. A sigh escaped my lips and decided that closing the door now would be the best idea. You know, Fernando wasn't as shy as most people said. Although, he acted shy around people that he didn't know, he certainly never acted shy around me when we first met. Probably because he didn't want to make it more awkward than it already was because of the fact that some stranger lady was staying with him for more than a month in his house. Yeah, that could be the answer. My back was to the door now and Fernando was nowhere in sight, so I figured that he was in his room. My feet started walking up the stairs so I could go to my room, and surprise, surprise, he was in my room. Odd much? "Que haces aqui? (What are you doing here?)" I asked him as I went over to the window to open it. It was way hot, I think I got the hottest room in the house since it felt as if it was a million degrees. "No se. (I don't know.)" Fernando was sprawled out on the floor and looking up at the ceiling, hearing the rain and thunder. The room was dark, "No tienes calor? (Aren't you hot?)" I asked again. He just nodded and stayed there. Fernando Torres is in my room.. I kicked myself mentally and sat next to him. My body didn't lay down next to him, but just sat there. He looked so peaceful. I didn't feel like starting up the conversation, so I just sat there and played with my hands, while our breathing was calm. Right now, if I was by myself, I would be freaking out and going into the closet because the thunder just scares the crap out of me. But no, Fernando has to give me this soothing feeling so I wasn't as afraid. Why? Just tell me why? I put my head in my hands and tried to shake the thoughts that were forming around the reason why this had to happen? I didn't even know what this was. "Que pasa? (What's wrong?)" Fernando asked as he sat up. It didn't even matter, "Nothing." "Don't lie to me." "It's just my mom." Why did I keep twisting the truth? Oh right, he had a girlfriend and I was about to get a boyfriend and I shouldn't talk to him about it. Why must this be so complicated? "La extrañas? (Do you miss her?)" I nodded. My eyes did not want to look at him, but sooner or later they would anyway. He's just so. So. So. I didn't even have a word for him. "No es dificil por que estas aqui, pero. De ir a todos los dias de verla, a ningun dia verla, no es facil tampoco. (It's not hard because you're here. but. Going from seeing her everyday to not seeing her at all, it's not easy either.)" Fernando could have hugged me any minute of everyday, yet he chose today to do so. He crawled over to sit next to me, but then he snaked his arms around me pulling me into him. The top of my head was at the crook of his neck and I just closed my eyes. "Aqui estoy para ti chiquita. (I'm here for you little girl.)" Was all that he said. Too bad it didn't last forever. He let go and then got up. "Me voy a dormir. (I'm going to sleep.)" I told him good night as he left the room. My feet dragged me to the bed and I threw myself on it. I sighed and looked at my phone to check the time. Ten. Did time really go this slow? I opened my sheets -which I still haven't bought new ones- and threw them on the ground. It was way too hot to sleep with covers and my skin had become moist. I took my shorts off and was left in my boxers and tank top. My hands brushed against my arms, suddenly getting goosebumps from the contact. Weird. The lightning and thunder had died out again. Was it going to keep coming back and forth?I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and then I ran to my bed. Eh, who cares. My eyes instantly closed and I drifted off into sleep.

A huge thunder sounded which made me jump ten feet in the air. Literally. The lightning and thunder ahd come back. Not cool, I tell you. My eyes drifted to my phone and I checked the time. One thirty. I groaned into my pillow and realized that I was not going to be able to go back to sleep because I was terrified. It's not like you're going to melt. I closed my eyes. Then my mom's words rang in my ear, Better snuggle up to Fernando tonight! Was I really about to do that? Yes. Yes I was. I got up and crawled for a few seconds because it was way too dark and my eyes hadn't adjusted yet. Once lightning struck stuck, I could see the door, so I ran to his room. The lightning was coming faster which caused the thunder to be louder. I closed my ears. My hand did not bother to knock on the door so I just walked right into his room, walked over to his bed and sat on it. My finger poked his cheek, it was so squishy! "Fernando.." I said as a lightning bolt showed some light followed by thunder. His face stirred, it didn't wake him up. I poked and said his name again. This time he stirred and opened his eyes. "Me puedo quedar contigo? (Can I stay with you?)" I asked shily. My hair was covering the sides of my face so he wouldn't be able to see the scarlet that was creeping up in my cheeks. His hands opened up a spot under the covers. Well, more along the lines of a sheet, a very thin sheet since his room was also hot. It really stinks when you have no electricity. I didn't care that I was being childish about this whole thunderstrom situation. How many twenty year olds are scare of things such as thunderstorms? I know just one. My body went under the covers and I laid myself in such a way that we weren't touching, yet we were still close. I could feel his body heat radiating to mine. We were facing each other.
"Tienes miedo? (Are you scared?)" He whispered.
I nodded.
"De que? (Of what?)"
"El relámpago y el trueno. (The lightning and the thunder.)" I told him as my hair went into my face. I smiled, "Perdon si te levante. (Sorry if I woke you up.)"
"No Importa. (It doesn't matter.)" Fernando said as he yawned.
"Duerme. (Sleep.)" I requested.
His eyes immediately closed and I noticed how his breathing went into pattern while his chest was going up and down, up and down, into pattern. Would this be considered cheating? My mind said no since I wasn't having sex with him. It's not. If Olalla starts saying something, then just argue about it with her. My eyes still watched Fernando sleep and his cheek looked so inviting that my hand went up to it. It stroked it with the lightest of touches and might I say that his skin is really soft? Too soft, so soft that I couldn't believe it. He did not move and it felt so warm. I took my hand away and closed my eyes.

A phone rang. My eyes opened and then I groaned, and turned to my side so I could put the pillow over my head. The phone stopped ringing and Fernando's voice came to my hearing. "Diga. Si claro, ahorita a las doce por que nos vamos a las dos. Si, tranquila, claro que voy a ir. Bueno. Adios. (Hello. Yes of course, at twelve because we have to leave at two. Yes, relax, of course I'm going. Okay. Bye.)" There was no point in sleeping anymore since I was not one of those type of people that went back to sleep in the morning. I took the pillow and put it under my head, then turned on my other side and looked at Fernando. He was sitting, his head against the headboard and staring at me. "Buenos Dias. (Good morning.)" I sighed. Took the covers off and got out of bed. I had forgotten what I was wearing and now felt naked. These were pajamas that were not meant to be seen at all. Fernando just looked at me not staring away from my eyes. "Como dormiste? (How did you sleep?)" He asked. "Mejor. Muchas gracias(Better. Thanks so much.)" I flashed him a smile, and he returned it. This isn't awkward at all.. Then suddenly, a distant ring was heard. I have to thank whoever is calling me. "Ya vengo. Me llaman. (I'll be right back. Someone's calling me.)" I said to Fernando as I turned around, and I swore I saw him staring at my ass as I left. I soon got to my room and answered the phone.
"Halo?(hello?)"
"Hola linda! (Hey pretty girl!)" Sergio's voice filled the phone.
I put him on speaker phone because I was choosing what I was going to wear to our lunch date. The sun was finally shining and I grinned at that fact, although it was going to be humid, I didn't really care.
"Que mas? (What's up?)"
"Donde quieres ir a comer? (Where do you want to go eat?)" Sergio asked me.
"Donde tu quieras. (Wherever you want.)" I giggled.
I had chosen nothing too flashy, just keeping it casual. A white shirt with some mid-thigh shorts and adidas for my shoes. The ones with the blue stripes.
"Quieres ir a comer una hamburguesa? (Would you like to go eat a hamburger?)"
"Depende a donde. (It depends on where.)"
"A un lugar donde venden las mejore hamburguesas del mundo. (At a place where they sell the best hamburgers in the world.)" Sergio said seriously.
"Vale. A que horas quieres ir? (Okay. What time do you want to go?)" I asked.
"Como en treinta minutos. Quiero pasar lo mas tiempo contigo que pueda. (In about thirty minutes. I want to spend as much time with you as I can.)" He said.
"Listo. Tampoco te puedo esperar de ver! (Alright. I can't wait to see you either!)" I said. I gathered my things and went into the bathroom, "Sergio. Me tengo que bañar. Te veo en treinta minutos.(Sergio. I have to take a shower. I'll see you in thirty minutes.)"
"Bueno linda. Hasta luego. (Alright pretty girl. Good bye.)" He hung up, and then I went into the shower.

Thirty minutes as he promised, he was outside. "Fernando, I'll see you.. in two days." Was all that I could tell him. You want to tell him all of it. Wait. What is it?! He came up to me and gave me yet another intimate hug. His hands snaked around my waist and he held me there for what seemed forever. The moment was gone in a second. His lips found my cheek and I kissed his back. I turned around and waved at him goodbye. Then walked to Sergio's car and smiled at him. "Hola lindo! (Hey pretty boy!)" My mouth crept upwards into a smile and I kissed his cheek. We drove off and went this way and that way. Sergio asked me how I did last night since it was a scary thunderstorm and all. I told him that I did fine and everything was okay. The electricity had come back and his house as well. Some of the streets were flooded and were closed off so we had to try and find a different way to get around them in order to reach our destination. "No quiero dejarte linda. ( I don't want to leave you pretty girl.)" Was all he said. I couldn't help but smile. I didn't want him to leave me either since he was so nice and everything. Then again.. it was just two days so it wouldn't be that big of a deal. Right? Right. We finally reached the restaurant that Sergio had talked about. Sergio parked his car and I got out. Apparently, as I did, there was a photographer there and took a snapshot of me. Thank goodness I was dressed and looking alright. Or else it would've been an awful picture. I smiled at the camera man and Sergio came around and grabbed my hand. The reporter asked, "Estan saliendo? Cuales son sus planes? Sergio esta es tu novia? (Are you guys dating? What are your plans? Sergio is this your girlfriend?)" Before Sergio could answer I did, "Si estamos saliendo, vamos a ir a comer, y vamos a ver que pasa. (We are dating, we're going to eat, and we'll see what happens.)" I smiled again as the reporter took a picture of Sergio and I walking. You know, I don't understand how Olalla could not like her picture being taken. Maybe she didn't feel confident, or maybe she just hated the papparazzi. It's not that I hated them becaise I don't have any experience at all, but still. Be nice to them once in a while. Who am I to talk? I'm not. The reporter left us alone and Sergio spoke, "No tenias que hacer eso. (You didn't have to do that.)" I corrected him. "Lo hice por que quize. (I did it because I wanted to.)" His face turned to shock. "Que? No dijiste algo como que hibamos a tratar esto? (What? Didn't you say anything about trying this?)" He nodded. "Entonces? (Then?)" He just kissed my cheek as his response. I laughed and we went inside the place. The good thing about this place was that it had tables outside, so we were definitely sitting outside to enjoy the sun that has been hiding for the past two days. The restaurant wasn't packed, but it wasn't empty either. People that were talking amongst themselves suddenly stopped when they saw who I was walking next two. Oh yeah, he's a famous football player.. forgot that minor detail. Sergio just smiled as he kept on walking, while his hand was still wrapped around mine. As we went up the cashier person, Sergio didn't even bother asking me what I wanted. Not that I minded since I was just hungry. "Enque piensas? (What are you thinking about?)" He asked me. "El sol. (The sun.)" He smiled at that too, That boy has an irresisitible smile. We got our food and went outside, soaking up the sun's rays and enjoying each others company. We stayed silent for a little bit as we ate and then I asked Sergio a random question.
"Tu tienes muchas novias? (Do you have a lot of girlfriends?)"
"Como dos. (Like two.)" He started laughing, "Mentira. No mas bromeava. No. Nada de novias. (I lied. I was just joking. No. No girlfriends.)"
"Ah, ya. No te creo, es imposible. Eres muy guapo para no tener novias. (Oh, okay. I don't believe you, it's impossible. You're too good looking to not have any girlfriends.)" I stated as I ate a french fry and looked at him.
"No mas por que soy guapo no significa que devo tener novias. Te hago a ti la misma pregunta, tu eres hermosa y no tienes nada de novios. Por que? (Just because I'm good looking doesn't mean I have to have girlfriends. I ask you the same question, you're gorgeous and you don't have any boyfriends. Why?)" He asked me.
He has a girlfriend.."No se. No e encontrado el chico que es. Pues, havido algunos, pero nunca funciono. No se. (I don't know. I haven't found the right guy. Well, there has been some, but it never worked. I don't know.)" I said.
"Veo, veo. Te hago un trato. Salimos juntos hasta que encontremos la pareja que es. (I see, I see. I'll make you a deal. We'll date until we find our pair.)" Sergio said extending his hand out. I shook it. "Vale. Eso incluye saliendo como novio y novia. (Deal. That includes dating like boyfriend and girlfriend.)" I responded. He seemed to think about it, but then nodded. I smiled.

The rest of the day was wonderful, we just walked around a few shops and saw things that we liked and things that we didn't like. Sergio and I had grown closer and it just made everything else dissolve, although the back of my head, whenever I looked at Sergio, I only saw Fernando. I wonder what he's going to think when he sees the papers of Sergio's and my photo pasted on them all over the place. Frankly, it should be amusing seeing as yesterday he said that he didn't know how he would react to Sergio and I dating. He wouldn't be able to do anything about it either since he's dating his very own girlfriend of a million years ago, Olalla.

I have to call mom when I get home.. a lot of things to speak about.

Image
and what she wore to sleep and on her date with Sergio.

Image Image
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry i didn't post when i said i would. my laptop broke down but i managed to salvage my story so here you go. sorry for the massive paragraphs. enjoy! ;D