Little Miss Blue Dress

La Puerta De Alcala -part one-

"Dame mi moño..(Give me my bow..)" I whined as Fernando had taken my bow away from my hair, how he did it, I'll never know. It was three thirty in the morning and almost everybody had left, a few people are still around. Sergio, Pepe, Yolanda, and Fernando where still here and I didn't know why, all I was doing was cleaning. After four glasses of Champagne, three beers, two shots of tequila and firewater I was still fine! Could you believe that? So, now I was cleaning while everybody else was sort of just hanging out I guess you could say. I haven't opened my presents yet, I want to clean first and then open the presents. Natalia was sitting on the floor with Sergio while Pepe was sitting of course with Yolanda, and Fernando was standing there watching me.. it didn't make me feel uncomfortable, it was just..wierd. I shrugged it off, I mean. I was still conscious about everything, I could still walk in a straight line and talk without slurring. So, I was still good. How did I get to this state? Oh, I could remember everything.. it was a hell of a party, probably the best one I've been to so far.

Sergio and I kept dancing to the music when I wanted another drink, I told Sergio that I would be right back and he nodded. Then Natalia popped out of nowhere and asked me, "Is it okay if I can drink?" Well. You are at my house, and I'm practically an adult now.I nodded. "Thanks! I promise I won't overdo it." She said to me and we both went into the kitchen. "What shall I have? What shall I have?" Natalia mused while looking into each of the three coolers, then an idea popped in my head, "How 'bout shots of Tequila?" I walked over to where the cooler had the different types of drinks like vodka, tequila, whiskey, aguardiente (firewater), and some other stuff. Natalia nodded and we got two shot glasses, then Fernando came back into the kitchen again, "Are you stalking me?" I joked as he came closer to the island where we were. "Maybe.." He responded and I rolled my eyes at him. Why is he acting so weird? I supressed that thought to the back of my head and poured the Tequila on both shot glasses. "Do you want lemon or no?" Natalia shook her head, "Straight up." Fernando looked surprised, "What? I've drank Tequila before, don't know if Maria has.." Natalia shrugged playing the innocent card. "No, Champagne is the only thing I've drank.. and some firewater back in the day with grandpa." I soft smile spread across my lips. Fernando watched us silently not saying anything, Stop acting so weird damn it! I eyed him. "Quieres una? (Do you want one?)" He shook his head, "No." My eyes looked at the microwave.. it was only eleven. "A la cuenta de tres. Uno, dos..tres!" I took the shot glass and drank it in one gulp. My throat felt really warm, like it was almost on fire, and spread around my body giving me a warm feeling. Natalia sighed as she closed her eyes, "Another one." She said. I poured the shot glasseds again and Fernando gave me an incredulous look. "Que? Ya soy de edad. (What? I'm of age.)" I laughed, he smiled at me. Finally.. "One, two..three!" Natalia said and I gulped down my shot. "Woo!" I said as I put my shotglass in the sink. "That's enough for now, more later. I'll take a beer though. What's your favorite Fernando?" I asked him as Natalia nodded and left the kitchen. It seemed as though the kitchen was our meeting place for some strange reason. "Uh. Esa es una buena pregunta.. Heineken? No. Corona? No. Dos Equis? No. Carslberg? Esa si me gusta mucho, y no solo por que le hacemos promocion. Hmm. Carlsberg. (Uh. That's a good question.. Heineken? No. Corona? No. Dos Equis? No. Carlsberg? That one I like a lot, and not because we promote it. Hmm. Carlsberg.)" I nodded and went over to the cooler. No Carlsberg beer, guess I got stuck with Corona Lime. I shrugged, and started looking around for the beer opener since it wasn't one you could just twist off.

My eyes looked around and then I saw that Fernando had it in his hand. I went over to him and he raised his arm so I couldn't reach it. "Entonces abrela por mi. (Then open it for me.)" I told him giving him my beer. "Alcanza. (Reach.)" He told me. I grunted and then jumped, but I still couldn't reach. I raised my arm and jumped again. He raised his arm higher, "Ugh..Just open the beer for me!" I said as my bottom lip stuck out into a pout. His eyes looked up at the opener and then he sighed, "Dame. (Give me.)" I obliged and gave him the beer. He opened it for me, "Thanks." I said as he handed it to me, then I poked his cheek with the mouth part of the beer and walked back out onto the dance floor. One More Time by Daft Punk was playing and I started singing along, "One more time.. it's time to celebrate. One more time." Then I found my way into the center of the crowd, the heat that was radiating from everybody was circling around me, making me smile. I raised both my arms in the air and started swaying them side to side, even though I had a drink in my left hand. It didn't spill.. since I drank down until the beer wasn't at its neck anymore. Everybody sang the words to the song which was pretty awesome. I couldn't take the smile off my face as I looked aroung frantically to find Sergio, but no. I couldn't find him. Instead I found the group of Spaniards talking, laughing and drinking. It was Iker, Cesc, Fernando, Pepe, and David. They kept talking and then laughing some more. I couldn't take the stupid smile off my face as I saw Fernando laughing at something that they had been talking about, water still for his choice of drink as everybody else had a beer. That's the way I like you.. Then they all noticed me looking at them, so I brought the arm that had a beer down and aimed it at them while nodding. They all nodded back at me and I started dancing once again. I started swaying my arms again side to side while doing the same with my waist. Then. Natalia jumped in front of me, "Hey!" I said while giggling. She joined in my dancing and Sergio was behind her, "Sergio! Te dije! (Sergio! I told you!)" I laughed. "Nada paso! No mas estabamos hablando! (Nothing happened! We were just talking!)" I laughed and simply smacked him in the arm, "Tranquilo, si te gusta. Pues entonces nos toca romper despues de una semana no mas! (Relax, if you like her. Then we have to break up after only a week!)" I started laughing. Sergio gave me the cutest smile known to Sergio Ramos and started laughing with me. Natalia looked at us like we were a pair of idiots. "Let me put it to you this way Natalia. You don't have to be eighteen years old in Europe in order to date someone that you like." Her eyes went huge.

"Don't you like Sergio?"
"For the past.. four days. Yes. I do, but it's all going so fast! I mean, I have to leave next week because my parents all of the sudden feel like I haven't spent enough quality time with them, so we're going to Hawaii when I get back.."
My smile turned into a frown, "well you know what that means right?"
Natalia shook her head.
"You have to spend as much time with Sergio as you can.." I nudged her on the ribs.
Sergio and Natalia both looked at me like I was insane, "Well it's true! You have less than a week to get to know this guy and hopefully be friends and something more?" I inquired, "come on you guys! Sergio, just call your publicist or that person that gives you all your interviews and tell them that we're 'broken' up. Besides, that girl," I pointed to Natalia, "is way better for you than I ever will be."
Natalia and Sergio both hugged me, "Eres una chica perfecta. (You are a perfect girl.)" Sergio said in my ear, and I smiled. Natalia walked away, and my eyes followed her. Oh great.. Natalia had gone to the group of Spaniards. Sergio started dancing with me again, and I looked at what Natalia was doing.."I'm going to smack him!" She had told me. Yeah, Natalia smacked Fernando in the back of the head, the whole group had laughed and then Natalia was arguing with him. I shook my head at looked back at Sergio, "He's staring at you you know." He told me, I shrugged and kept on dancing. "Que te pasa? (What's up with you?)" He asked me as his arms snaked around my waist loosely. I tilted my head back and closed my eyes, "Probablemente el alcohol. No me importa ahorita, y no lo puedo entender a el. (Probably the alcohol. It doesn't matter right now, and I can't understand him.)" "Nadie lo puede. (No one can.)" We kept on dancing and then, "It's time for the cake!" Natalia said booming, Fernando at her side. Everybody cheered as the Spaniards that were in a group a second ago, took out the cake with the candles lit and everything, "Maria Valentina..where are you?" Natalia asked as she looked around to find me. I walked up to her while Sergio's arm was still around my waist, "A la cuenta de tres! Una, dos.. y tres! (At the count of three! One, two.. and three!)" Pepe said and everybody began singing happy birthday. I could only look at Fernando who was staring back at me, the sound was gone and my heart was beating so hard that I thought it was going to come out of my chest. My mouth crept upwards involuntarily and I found myself smiling at him. Fernando returned the smile while singing along with everybody else. Once they finished singing everybody clapped, "Ahora pide un deseo mi muñeca. (Now make a wish my doll.)" Pepe said as I closed my eyes. What do I wish for? I wish for Fernando Torres to be happy. I opened them and then blew the candles while people cheered.

The problem was that he didn't look happy to me. Not at all. While Natalia was giving everybody a piece of cake, Sergio was helping her now and Fernando was nowhere to be seen, how do these Spaniards do it? I mean one second they appear, and then another second they disappear. It's like magic. I furrowed my eyebrows together, the music was gone because everybody was eating cake, so you couldn't really dance while eating. The phone rang and I went to the part of the house where nobody was allowed. The rooms, I went into my room and saw that it was still ringing, "Halo?(Hello?)" Who could be calling at this hour? "Hola, puedo hablar con Maria Valentina? (Hello, may I speak to Maria Valentina?)" "Abuelita? (Grandma?)" "Hola mi chiquita! (Hello my little one!)" I laughed, "Por que estas despierta? (Why are you awake?)" I asked her as I started walking around my room. That was something that was a habit, whenever I started speaking on the phone I had to walk around or else it would drive me insane. "Por que necesitaba decirte tus feliz cumpleaños! Y que van a venir el Lunes por que se que se mudaron para aca. Tu madre me llamo y me dijo todo! Estoy tan feliz! (Because I needed to tell you happy birthday! And that you guys are coming over on Monday because you moved here. Your mom called me and told me everything! I'm so happy!)" I couldn't stop smiling as I told her, "Pues claro abuelita que vamos el Lunes, muchisimas gracias abuelita, me hiciste el dia. (Well of course grandma that we're going on Wednesday, thank you so much grandma, you made my day.)" I told her as I kept walking around the almost empty room. I noticed that it was really plain, but it didn't matter right now, "Bueno. Me voy acostar y te veo el Miercoles! (Okay. I'm going to bed and I'll see you on Wednesday!)" "Adios abuelita. (Bye grandma.)" I hung up the phone and walked out of my room. I was walking while I took a swig of my beer, almost done with it. Whoever thought alcohol could be good? My mouth did not fade until I walked into the living room, once again everybody was dancing and having a good time, but that's not why my smile faded. It faded because Fernando was nowhere near in sight.. still. He's been gone what.. ten minutes? I miss him already? Grow up.

"Come on! Dance!" Some people I didn't know told me and then pushed me towards the middle once again. I want to go talk to Yolanda. I mustered up a smile and went away to find Pepe, who I was sure knew where his wife was. Natalia and Sergio were dancing together and I felt happy for them, I really did. Sergio noticed me staring at them while I was walking away, so I smiled at him and he nodded. I went into the kitchen, some people were hanging around, then went into the living room, he wasn't there. The dining room, a couple of people where there so I asked, "Han visto a Pepe? (Have you guys seen Pepe?)" "Se fue afuera. (He went outside.)" Someone said, "Thanks.." I went to the front door, but before I could even turn the knob, someone grabbed my wrist and dragged me into the kitchen. It seems as though this kitchen is the place to be at man, seriously. I thought as I looked up to see who it was that dragged me. Oh. The person I was looking for, a flash went off. I turned around and saw Natalia with a camera, taking pictures. "We have to remember your birthday!" She said and went away again. "Tu amiga me gusta. Sabe como divertirse. (I like your friend. She knows how to have fun.)" Yolanda smiled while she got herself some water. I smiled back at her, "Te estaba buscando, necesito preguntarte algo. (I was looking for you, I need to ask you something.)" I needed another perspective on this thing. "Dime. (Tell me.)" She said while coming over to me and sitting herself on the island in the middle. "Que harias en mi posicion? (What would you do in my position?)" I'm guessing that Pepe had told her about everything that I have told him, and I think that she would help, I just don't know why I'm telling her, maybe because Pepe has been such great help that she can be more of help to me as well. "Nada. Dejar el tiempo haver que pasa linda, no puedes ponerte en la mitad de Fernando y Olalla. Aunque lo unico que se que esta pasando ahora esque estan peliando. Pero peliando de verdad, por que crees que el vino aqui? Yo creo que el esta pensando seriamente en que se va ver de ellos dos. (Nothing. Let time be and see what happens pretty girl, you can't put yourself in the middle of Fernando and Olalla. Although the only thing that I know is happening right now is that they are fighting. But I mean fighting, why do you think he came? I think he's thinking very seriously about what is to happen to them.)" "Tu crees que yo le guste a el? (Do you think he likes me?)" I know, retarded question right now since everybody on the planet thinks he does. "Si. Por que no le deverias gustar? (Yes. Why wouldn't he like you?)" I shrugged, "Por que no soy Olalla. No soy su mejor amiga, no soy la persona con que el le cuenta las cosas. Que tipo de amiga soy si le estoy mintiendo en la cara diciendole que el deveria quedarse con ella? (Because I'm not Olalla. I'm not his best friend, I'm not the person that he tells things to. What kind of friend am I, if I'm lying to his face telling him that he should stay with her?)" Well, technically I didn't tell him that in those exact words, but I still told him. "Por que quieres que el sea feliz. (Because you want him to be happy.)" Then she hugged me. I sighed.

"No mas! Vamos a bailar. No mas de estas cosas que te pongan haci. (No more! We are going to dance. No more of these things that make you feel this way.)" She told me as she dragged me, my beer had finished, I got another one and we went out into the dance floor. A slow song was playing, and Yolanda was now dancing with her husband. I recognized the words, "break it down now I'll tell you what I feel from the moment that I met you its been so damn real, my heart seems to skip another beat everytime we speak, can't believe I feel so weak." I sang with Natalie on her soing Goin' Crazy. I stood awkwardly in the edge of the floor while everybody had a couple, and took a swig of my beer. Flashes going off in random places in the floor. I laughed and then closed my eyes, "Como vas? (How are you doing?)" Sergio asked me. "It's good, it's good. You having fun?" "The time of my life. I think Natalia is amazing." He said and I felt his cheek, yeah it was warm. "Are you blushing Mr. Ramos?" Sergio, mocking me felt his own cheek, and then, "Maybe. Give me that." He took my beer from me and put the cool bottle on his cheek while I laughed at him doing so. "This song. What is up with it? It's too.. slow." Sergio said. I shrugged and then closed my eyes again, thinking, wishing, dreaming. Before I knew it, the song had finished and now it turned to..Se Parece Mas A Ti by Jambao. "Wow. Esta fue la cancion que escucho el equipo antes de jugar contra Alemania! Fue la cancion que nos puso alegres para ganar la eurocopa linda! (Wow. This was the song that the team heard before playing against Germany! It was the song that pumped us up before winning the Eurocup pretty girl!)" Sergio said as we both starting dancing to it. A lot of cheers were heard and I think it was mainly the Team that cheered, my eyes traveled to see who was around us, when I noticed that Puyol was not but six feet away from me! "Sergio! Es Puyol! Puyol!(Sergio! It's Puyol! Puyol!)" I giggled, "Si. Si lo es. (Yes. Yes it is.)" Sergio looked at Puyol, then Puyol patted him on the back, looked at me, gave me a hug and then went back to dancing with his wife. Woah.. My heart was pounding so fast. "Sergio.." His eyes looked lazy and then he started singing me the song, "La miro los ojos se reflejan en ti, hoy beso su boca y mas me acuerdo de ti, desnuda en mi cama, ella que me ama, ensima su amor, se parece mas a ti..(I look at her eyes they reflect on you, today I kiss her lips and I remember you more, naked on my bed, her that loves me, on top of that her love, she is more like you..)" I laughed and kept on dancing, then. Natalia came out of nowhere and Fernando was behind her. Well this is interesting..why the hell am I acting so strange around him?! Why?! I shook my head, "Hola..(Hello..)" Natalia giggled at then, "I'm making him dance with me.." Fernando looked at me, his eyes pleading. "Fernando doesn't dance.. I mean. That one time..at the club. Still. He doesn't dance." I warned her, "Oh, he will." Natalia had some sort of determined look, and then she looked at him, gave him a look, and he started dancing with her! "Whatever you are doing to him, please tell me, I want to dance with him too!" I whined jokingly and then Fernando looked at me. What is it? Why are you..so sad? My face showed curiosity and then the song ended, and I told Sergio that I was going to get something to drink.

I stumbled back into the kitchen, but only because there were people everywhere and all these bodies kept bumping into me. Everybody apologized, and I looked at the time on the microwave, two in the morning. How did time keep messing with my head? I mean, two seconds ago it was midnight! Whatever. I went to the cooler and got the champagne bottle. Poured myself a cup, downed it in less than a minute, and then poured another one and downed it rather quick as well. I sighed, Why was Fernando acting so.. strange? How the hell would I even know that he was acting strange? I threw my hands up in the air causing my glass to fall because I did it without any force so it fell. "Damn!" I said as I looked around for something to clean it up with. I took a random towel that was hanging of the bar on the oven and picked up the pieces of the glass. I tried to be careful but got cut on my thumb. It was a small cut, so it's not like it was hurting. Once I picked up all the pieces I threw them in the trash. "Maria!" Pepe loudly said. I turned around as I was opening my third beer, and smiled lazily at him. "Pepe! Are you drunk?" "Of course not. i haven't touched a single drop of alcohol today. Actually, that's a lie. I might have drank two or three beers. Thank God my wife hasn't." I started laughing and then he said, "You know it's bad to mix alcohol.." "I haven't thrown up yet..want to do two shots of Aguardiente?" I asked him as I got the bottle out. He just nodded and laughed. I got the same two shot glasses that Natalia and I had used earlier gave him one, poured the Aguardiente on each shotglass and got mine. "Una, dos, tres!" We both drank it at the same time and it was a minty flavor, cold and soothing. "Camarero! Y tu dices que. (Waiter! and you say what?)" Pepe started talking, "Que!(What!)" "Una de crepes! Cada vez que me ves cruso la pared, hago chaz y aparezco a tu lado. (One of Crepes. Everytime you see me I cross the wall, I do Chaz and appear next to you.)" Pepe and I sang. I started laughing and then I poured another shot. We just downed it, my stomach was feeling fine, it was weird. Probably because of all the dancing or something. "Camarero! (Waiter!)" "Que! (What!)" "Una de champiñon. (One of mushroom!)" Then we both started singing, "Champiñones! Champiñones! Oe oe oe! (Mushrooms! Mushrooms! Oe oe oe!)" My beer in hand, and my other arm was around Pepe's waist and his arm was around my shoulder. We both started walking towards the dance floor and jumping up and down singing the Champions song. "Campeones! Campeones! (Champions!Champions!)" Pepe and I, then Sergio, and most of the football team joined in. I couldn't stop laughing so much that tears were threatening to spill out.

Then, someone pulled my shirt from behind me and was being dragged somewhere. What is it with people today and dragging me everywhere? I could walk you know.. I sighed and turned to see who it was, "Why did you pull me away? I was having fun.." "How much have you had to drink?" Natalia asked me as we were in a quieter area. "Um. Four champagne glasses, this is my third beer, two shots of Tequila and Aguardiente.." "And you don't feel like throwing up or anything?" I shook my head no, "You have a tough stomach. That's all I wanted to know.. oh and Fernando. That guy is so shy. But," she told me lowering her head a little, "dude totally digs you." I hit her arm playfully and smiled sheepishly, "shut up." Then I went back to the dance floor. More like, living room, but whatever. The team had broken up and everybody was spaced out again. Lame, I wanted to join in the fun! I was surprised that I wasn't tired yet, not at all. Calabria 2007 started playing and I squealed. More flashes went off, and I turned around to see Natalia was following behind me. So. Who was taking pictures? Who cares at the moment, I grabbed Natalia's hand and we started dancing together. We had made up a dance to this song, so we danced away. People started watching us, and I believe it was the woozy feeling in my head that I didn't care much. A spin here and there and the song finished. Time was speeding up way fast for me. People started leaving and saying good night. "Pense que las fiestas de aca se acaban a las cuatro de la mañana? (I thought that parties here ended at four in the morning?)" "Si. Cuando empienzan a las once, no a las ocho de la noche. (Yes. When they start at eleven, not at eight in the evening.)" Carlos said as he was hugging me. The gang left, and then all of the sudden everybody except Sergio, Yolanda, Pepe and Fernando had left. The music was still on, but turned lower. All of them sat down except Fernando, who just stood there. My body walked over to him and I asked him quietly, "Estas feliz? (Are you happy?)" "Ahora si. (Right now, yes.)" He gave me one of the sweetest smiles I have ever seen on a man. I got on my toes and quickly kissed his cheek softly, and then Natalia gave me a trash bag. I frowned and then started picking up all the trash that was on the floor, mostly cups and napkins. As I was trying the knot on the trash bag, I felt something go through my hair. I stopped what I was doing and brushed my hair with my hand. My bow was gone, but before I could say anything I had looked up and there he was. Fernando had my bow in his hand, "Dame my moño..(Give me my bow..)" I told him as I extended my hand out open so he could put it in my palm. "No." He said as he got the trashbag and went outside to put it in the dumpster. I guessed that like in USA they had big trucks that came every few days to clean out the garbage.

I followed him, "y porque no? (and why not?)" I asked him as I closed the door behind me. "Por que no te lo quiero dar, no mas es un moño y ademas. No crees que se me ve mejor a mi? (Because I don't want to give it to you, it's only a bow and besides. Don't you think it looks better on me?)" He exclaimed as he put it on his hair on the right. His eyes stayed locked on mine and I walked closer to him, in fact we were so close that if I put my hand in front of me, I would surely touch him, but no. I just looked at him, and he smiled at me. I brought my face closer to his meaning I had to stand on my tippy toes again. You know how some people had those big eyes that whenever you looked at them you'd go weak at the knees or your legs turned like jello because of the intensity that they held in their stare? Yeah, Fernando's eyes had that effect on me, but I wasn't about to tell him that so I wrapped my arms around his neck and brought my face closer to his, I could feel his breath on my face, sweet and delicious. He closed his eyes and then , "No." I whispered as I got my bow with my other hand. His hair is so soft as my hand went through it to get my bow. I totally just ninjaed you. I stepped away from him quickly putting my bow back in its proper place and eyed him to see what his next action was since now he had a face of disappointment. He threw away my trash and then, "tu..tu.. tocaste mi pelo. (you..you..touched my hair.)" His face. It was. I'm sure that he was joking, but he looked hurt. "Tu vas a pagar por esto. (You're going to pay for this.)" His voice was rather dramatic and his eyes closed. Fernando's hand ran through his hair and his mouth crept up in a sadistic smile. "Oooooh tengo tanto miedo. (Ooooooh I'm so scared.)" I sarcastically said as I started walking away. "Deverias estar. (You should be.)" Fernando said as he walked next to me. "Pues no lo estoy. Puedes hacer lo que quieras y no me vas a dar miedo. (Well I'm not. You can do whatever you want and you won't scare me.)" I quietly said as we entered the house. "Y por que no? (and why not?)" He sounded offended.. I looked to each side and saw that he had stopped, I turned around and cocked my head to the side and gave him a soft smile, "porque estoy contigo tonto. (because I'm with you silly.)" I didn't want to see his reaction so I just went and noticed that everybody had fallen asleep except Yolanda, "Ya creo que nos vamos linda, Pepe ya esta muerto. Muchisimas gracias por la fiesta y todo lo demas. (I think we're leaving now pretty girl, Pepe is dead. Thank you so much for the party and everything else.)" I rushed to her and gave her a huge hug, "No! Muschisisisisimas gracias a ustedes por ayudar a mi amiga hacerme esta fiesta sorpresa. No tuve ni idea. (No! Thank you sosososososo much you guys for helping my friend to make me this surprise party. I had no idea.)" I laughed, she then gave me a kiss on each cheek and then woke up Pepe. "Vamonos. (Let's go.)" I believe that he was way to tired to say anything so I just gave him a hug and then watched them leave. Fernando was telling Sergio if he wanted a ride, but then I chimed in, "No. Si quieres dormir en el cuarto de huespedes, Natalia pueder dormir en el mio. (No. If you want to sleep in the guest room, Natalia can sleep in mine.)" They both nodded and Natalia grabbed Sergio's hand and led him to the guest room.

Now it was just Fernando and I.

"Am I still working for you?" I questioned him as I walked into the kitchen to clean it up.
"No." He immediately said.
"Why not?" I asked.
"It's all been paid for.."
"Me estas diciendo que ya pague un carro que vale dos cientos cinquenta mil dolares? (Are you telling me that I already paid a car that is Two hundred and fifty thousand dollars?)" I turned around and looked at him alarmingly.
His face looked surprised, "si.."
"Y como paso eso? (And how did that happen?)" I asked him again as I was wiping the countertops.
"Que importa como paso? Ya esta pago. (What does it matter how it happened? It's paid for.)" He said chuckling.
"Sierto. (True.)"
"..No quieres habrir tus regalos? (..You don't want to open your presents?)" Fernando came up next to me and asked me.
I was now cleaning the floor with a towel, of course I wasn't on the ground, my foot was just going back and forth, "Despues de que limpie esto. (After I clean this.)" I smiled at him, and he seemed to notice something.
"Que?(What?)"
He grabbed my hand and looked at my thumb, "Que te paso? (What happened to you?)"
My heart quickened its pace all of the sudden and I thought it was going to pop out of my chest again. Stop touching me.. you get me excited.. "Nada, me corte cuando se me callo el vaso. (Nothing, I cut myself when the glass fell.)" It's not like it was bleeding or anything, but you could tell that there was a line, and it was red. His thumb softly went over my own and if it was possible, my heart started beating faster than ever.
"Hmm. No tienes una cura? (Hmm. Don't you have a band aid?)" Fernando asked me as he looked at me.
"Yeah, in the bathroom. Go down the hall, oh. Yeah, Natalia won't mind, when she sleeps she's like the dead, so. My room is the second one on the right, go into my bathroom and you should find some there." I said as I took my hand back, it was freaking me out way to much at the fact that just by touching me he was able to send me into full excitement mode. There has to be a better way to handle this, maybe if you think about waterfalls or something I'll cool down..hmm. My heart seemed to have slowed down, and I finished cleaning the floor. The music was still on and apparently Get Busy by Sean Paul was playing, so I started dancing while I made my way to my mom's room..that was the only place I could think of where the presents are since both the other rooms were being occupied by people who were sleeping in each of them. The hallway was dark, and I wasn't liking it very much; the glow from the ceiling was gone and it was pitch black. I sighed, closed my eyes and put my hands on the wall trying to feel the way so I could get to the room faster. My hands finally felt the door and I went for the light, and once I turned on the light switch I saw that there was a small pile on the bed and to be quite frank, I'm glad that I didn't get a lot of presents. The surprise party was enough for me, really. Natalia had a trash bag next to all the presents, so I put them all in there and then turned the light off and practically ran to the living room so I could open them. "Show me your hand." I literally jumped three feet in the air because it had been so quiet except for the music that I turned around and saw Fernando standing there band aid in hand, and forcing himself to not laugh. "Te dije que no me hicieras heso! Riete, riete. Espero que eso fue lo que me dijiste que ivas hacer. (I told you not to do that! Laugh, laugh. I hope that's what you said you were going to do.)" I put my good hand over my heart trying to calm it down, the other one I gave to him so he could put on the band aid.

He laughed and then I noticed the fact that I haven't ever heard him laugh. I'm sure that I have, I just haven't heard him laugh like this. The way that he laughed quickened my heart rate again. It showed honesty and it was real; it wasn't one of those fake laughs that were annoying, it was true. My eyes narrowed and then he stopped, "Listo. (Ready.)" He said and then gave me my hand back. The song changed and I went over to the stereo deal to turn it off, enough music for one night. When I came back Fernando was sitting down and was taking my presents out, "No estas cansado? (Aren't you tired?)" I asked him, "No. Dormi la mayoria del dia. (No. I slept most of the day.)" He shot me a smile, and I went over to turn the lamp on because it was rather dark, well. It wasn't dark, but it wasn't bright either. Once I turned on the lamp, Fernando stood up, "Que paso? (What happened?)" I asked as I immediately stood up as well. He just came over to me and wrapped his arms around my waist, I immediately reacted with getting on my toes and wrapping my arms around his neck. Fernando held me tight, "Te extrañe niña..(I missed you little girl..)" He said in my ear. What do you say to that? "Yo tambien te extrañe a ti niño. (I missed you too little boy.)" I whispered in his. Then he let me go, we just stood there smiling at each other, then I looked to see Natalia, who was taking a picture of him and I. The flash went off, and then Fernando just blinked as I saw him from the corner of my eye. "Natalia!" I squealed and she ran off giggling coming to my ears, "I'm sorry about her.. now she's actually going to bed." "She looked at sleep when I walked into your room." He chuckled as he sat down on the sofa. My body sat down next to him and I looked at my presents, "No son muchos. (It's not a lot.)" El niño told me, "No importa. Nisiquiera queria regalos..(It doesn't matter. I didn't even want presents..)" I said as he gave me one. It was small, light, the gift wrapping was silver and shiny. My hands opened the present and it was a shirt. Uh.. It was red and it had a rose. "Hmm." I said as I put it over my chest, "Almenos es roja. (At least it's red.)" Fernando smiled sheepishly at me. I shrugged, "No crees que esta muy cortica? (Don't you think it's too short?)" I noticed that it showed my belly if I were to actually put it on. "No." Fernando shook his head. " Proximo regalo. (Next present.)" I extended my hand out, and this time it was larger and hard. "Hmmm.." I ripped it open and it turned out to be a framed picture of the National Team and signed by everybody. My eyes got bigger I swear, I could feel my pupil dilating as I looked at Fernando, "Como hicieron esto si no sabian que mi cumpleaños era hoy? (How did you guys do this if you didn't know my birthday was today?)" I poked his arm, "Sergio nos demando que firmaramos eso. Nadie pregunto preguntas por que no queriamos que Sergio se poniera furioso. Pero, ahora que ya todos sabiamos cual era la razon por la que firmamos, las cosas esan bien. (Sergio demanded that we sign that. Nobody asked questions because we didn't want Sergio to get furious. But, now that we know what the reason is, things are good.)" I gave him a soft smile and kissed his cheek yet again, this made my heart quicken, "Thanks so much!"

Fernando gave me another present, it was wrapped up in a purple paper and I opened it to reveal a bottle of perfume. Agua Fresca De Rosas it was called, I sprayed it in the air and then smelled it, "Uy. Huele rico. (Oh. It smells good.)" I said. "Otro. (Another.)" I told him, and he gave me an envelope. There was a card inside with twenty euros, I laughed, and then extended my hand out, he put another present in my hand and this time it was in a bag. I looked at it curiously, "De mi pa' ti. (From me to you.)" Fernando told me. I took it out and gasped, "Woah! Muchisimas gracias! Esta cheverisimo! (Woah! Thank you so much! It's awesome!)" It was a stuffed Hershey's Kiss. "This is what you meant when you said you had a kiss for me.." I said. He nodded, "Para que lo tengas para siempre. (So you can have it forever.)" The famous striker said. My body reacted and I basically jumped on his lap and hugged him, "No se que decirte.. (I don't know what to say..)" I whispered in his ear, "No tienes que decir nada, (You don't have to say anything,)" he responded me as he snaked his arms around my waist. I'm hugging you way too much boy.. I got off of him since he had a girlfriend and all, "What time is it?" I asked as I stretched, "Las cinco, (Five,)" I giggled and he looked at me, "Imaginate que me tome cuatro copas de champaña, tres cervezas, dos copas de Tequila y dos copas de Aguardiente..(Imagine that I drank four glasses of champagne, three beers, two shots of Tequila and two shots of Firewater..)" I said as I stood up, "And I can still walk in a straight line." I told him as I started walking a straight line to the kitchen.

"You have a tough stomach.."
"I think so." I said, "Want some coffee?"
He nodded.
I frowned, "You make it.. I don't want any.." I said as I pushed him towards the coffee maker and sat myself on the bar.
He went ahead and prepared the coffee, taking out the milk and some sugar, then he come over to me, he looked like a bartender with a towel over his shoulder, "Entonces. Tu y Sergio? Deveras? (So. You and Sergio? Really?)" His eyes showed..not jealousy, not concern..disappointment perhaps? "No. We had a deal, broke it off today. He's going to tell whoever is in charge of his interviews and stuff that we aren't 'dating' anymore." I made the air quotes on the word dating.
"What type of deal was this?" Fernando inquired.
"That's between me and Sergio.. if you want to know ask him." I smiled.
"..so it was all fake? The pictures and everything? I was..I was.." Fernando seemed to have lost his speech.
"You were what? Jealous?" I raised my eyebrows.
Fernando didn't say anything..he just looked at me, his jaw wasn't clenched tight or anything, he just kept staring at me. The way that he stared at me made me feel as if I was the only girl in the enitre world when clearly that wasn't true. "Yes?" I squirmed in the seat starting to feel uncomfortable, "Te dije que no sabia que haria si tu y Sergio salieran..(I told you I didn't know what I would do if you and Sergio went out..)"
"Y que? Tu tienes novia! (So what? You have a girlfriend!)" I said spreading my arms out.
"Si claro, una novia que yo ya no amo. (Yes, of course, a girlfriend that I don't love.)" He spit at me sarcastically.
Calm down kid.. I sighed, "No me tienes que hablar haci..No te entiendo Fernando Torres y creo que nunca te entendere..tu tienes novia y no te gusta que yo salga con otro hombre. Por que? Por que diablos no puedo salir con la persona que yo quiera? Dime por favor..(You don't have to talk to me that way..I don't understand you Fernando Torres and I don't believe I ever will..you have a girlfriend and you don't like it that I go out with another man. Why? Why the hell can't I go out with someone I want? Please tell me..)" I said.
He turned his back on me and went to get his coffee making me feel like I just got slapped in the face, "You are very good at hiding your feelings niño," I told him as I got out of my chair and went to stand next to him.
"And you're not? I can't even read you." He poured his coffee.
"I'm not letting my guard down first and you can count on that." I hoisted myself up to sit on the counter.
He sighed, "Nisiquiera se que hacer. (I don't even know what to do.)"
"De que? (Of what?)"
"Olalla."
"Pues. No se que decirte.. si no te gusta por que estas con ella? (Well. I don't know what to tell you.. if you don't like her how come you are with her?)" I asked as he leaned his arm on the counter.
He looked around and then looked at me, "Por que una persona quiere que yo este feliz con ella, pero la verdad es, yo no estoy feliz con ella..(Because someone wants me to be happy, but the truth is, I'm not happy with her..)" his eyes locked with mine. Why do I get the feeling that his has to do with me? I looked down at the ground and moved my hair around my face, "Espero que no rompas con Olalla por esta persona..(I hope that you don't break up with Olalla because of this person..)" I couldn't help but feel ashamed if that was the reason he would break up with her, "Esta persona no tiene que ver nada con eso. Ademas, ya estabamos peliando por unas bobadas, y ya estoy cansado de eso. Voy a ver si cambia.. que no lo creo. Si cuando este en Liverpool, nada cambia. Rompo con ella. (This person has nothing to do with it. Besides, we were already fighting for stupid things, and I'm tired of it. I'm going to see if it changes..which I don't think so. If, when I'm in Liverpool, nothing changes. I'm breaking up with her.)"
My hands put my hair behind my shoulders, "As long as your happy." I said as I looked at him drink his coffee.
He looked at me, "A ti que te hace feliz niña? (What makes you happy little girl?)"
"Honestly?" I asked him.
He nodded, "Verte a ti feliz. (Seeing you happy.)" I shrugged my shoulders then looked at the time. Five thirty.
I sighed, "No mas son las cinco y media..que quieres hacer? (It's only five thirty.. what do you want to do?)"
"No se..( I don't know..)"
"Quieres caminar? (Would you like to walk?)" I asked him.
"Bueno.(Okay.)"

We walked down the street for a while and then when Fernando checked his watched it was around.. six thirty. Who knew that walking would pass the time by super fast? "Quieres ir al hospital a ver a mi mami? (Would you like to go to the hospital to see my mom?)" I asked as we were walking back to the house. "Si." He gave me a smile which I gave back to him. Then silence surrounded us and I suddenly blurted out, "The beach. I'd like to go to the beach for my birthday." Fernando chuckled, "I'll see what I can do."

When we got to the house I asked Fernando if he could wait at least twenty minutes so I could take a shower and change. He said it was fine, so I made him sit there while I rushed to my room, picked out random clothes and jumped in the shower. Twenty minutes later like I said, I was ready to go to the hospital. Fernando led the way out and I noticed for the first time that his car wasn't a Mercedes. "Tu carro.. yo pense que era un Mercedes.. que es? (Your car..I thought that it was a Mercedes..what is it?)" I asked as I got in his car. "Un Audi A5..(An Audi A5..)" You are an idiot about cars.. "Lo siento! Esque no se nada de carros.. (I'm sorry! I don't know anything about cars.)" I smiled innocently. "A que hospital? (What hospital?)" He asked me and I told him, then he started driving there and the sun started rising again, making the sky have purples and oranges. This caused me to smile as I hadn't seen a sunrise in a while, the last time I did I was on my way to training with Fernando Torres. "Tu sabes donde queda todo no? (You know where everything is no?)" I giggled, "Es mi ciudad. (It's my city.)" He smiled proudly. Wow. Confident smile equals very sexy if I might say so myself.

Sergio and Fernando both drive like freaking maniacs, "Gah! Como llegamos tan rapido!? (Gah! How did we get here so fast!?)" I practically screamed. "Speeding.." Men.

We got out of the car and into the hospital. Fernando walked next to me and as we walked through the hall people of course had to recognize him, "Puedes darme tu autografo? (Can you give me your autograph?)" A little boy asked him as we walked by the pediatric section, "Si, claro. (Yes, of course.)" He smiled at the boy and the boy ran to his room and soon came out with a piece of paper and a pen. "Para un niño genial. (For an awesome kid.)" Fernando wrote on the paper and the child beamed at him. Then Fernando gave him a hug and the kid went away to his room. Probably to tell all of his friends.. I chuckled to myself as Fernando led the way to the elevators so I could see my mom. "That was really nice of you." I said as we both got in the elevator. He smiled at me and nodded, when the elevator doors opened, I stepped out first and led the way to her room. The door was shut to her room, so I opened it and then, "Buenos dias mami! (Good morning mom!)" I chirpily said as I went over to hug her, she was fully clothed and sitting down on a chair. "Me puedo ir hoy! (I can leave today!)" She smiled at me, I hugged her tightly and then realized that I hadn't introduced Fernando. I stood back and pushed Fernando forward, "Madre, conoce a Fernando Torres, Fernando, conoce a mi madre. Mercedes. (Mom, meet Fernando Torres, Fernando, meet my mom. Mercedes.)" I told them as I watched them interact with each other, "Ah. Tu eres el famoso Fernando Torres. Que gusto en conocerte! (Ah. You are the famous Fernando Torres. What a pleasure to meet you!)" I shut my eyes, afraid to see his expression but heard him, "Mucho gusto en conocerla. (Such a pleasure to meet you.)" According to my mom, once the doctor came in and told her everything that she needed to do she could leave; apparently physical therapy wasn't needed all she needed to do was just stay off the foot for a few weeks and she would be able to walk just fine. "So did you get everything that you wanted for your birthday? What did you think of the surprise?" My mom asked me as she sat up, "Yeah, it was so much fun. I haven't slept at all, but don't worry, Fernando's taken care of me..I think." I smiled and my mom could see right through it. I hated that. "No." Fernando said, I gave a questioning look, "She hasn't gotten what she wants.." I nudged him in the ribs, "what he means to say is that I'm really happy with everything that everybody did. I couldn't be more grateful." "What do you mean Fernando? What hasn't she gotten? What is it that she wants..?" My mom ignored me. Thanks freckled boy.."Quiere ir a la playa. (She wants to go to the beach.)" He said.

"Alguien dijo playa? (Did somebody say beach?)" A voice from the doorway said. I turned around to see the famous doctor that my mom apparently likes. "Si." My mom said giggling. This seemed like a high school story or something I mean really. "Yo tengo una casa en la playa en Valencia.. no la e utilizado como en unos dos años? Que dicen si vamos esta semana? De miercoles a viernes? (I have a house on the beach in Valencia.. I haven't used it in two years? What you guys say we use it this week? From Wednesday to Friday?)" He asked as he moved towards my mom, "Si!" She squealed while I covered my ears. "Dios mio! Tu eres Fernando Torres! Yo soy un gran fan de Atletico de Madrid. (Oh my God! You're Fernando Torres! I'm a great fan of Atletico de Madrid.)" Doctor Velez said as he shook Fernando's hand. All Fernando did was smile and start talking to the doctor, "Entonces que si vamos a ir? (So we're going?)" I asked outloud for them to be quiet for a second, "Si. No tengo que irme hasta el quinze. (Yes. I don't have to leave until the fifteenth.)" Fernando said as he shook the doctor's hand. Where are you going? I said, "Bueno, mami. Yo pienso que el doctor te puede llevar a la casa no? (Okay, mom. I think the doctor can take you home no?)" I inquired for the doctor to say yes, he nodded his head. Oh his eyes. It looked like they were filled with.. adoration? Oh yes, that was the right word indeed. "Listo, el Miercoles por la mañana nos iremos a Valencia. (Okay, Wednesday morning we shall leave for Valencia.)" The doctor said as him and my mom started talking about the trip and how she was going to be and everything. I blew my mom a kiss and we both quietly slipped out of the room to let the grown ups talk. "Can we go to your house, I want to pick up my stuff.." I asked him as we got in the elevator. "Yeah, of course." He shot me a smile. I looked away not wanting to think about the fact that his stupid smile was growing on me, it wasn't fair. Fernando's phone started ringing, "It's like.. seven forty five.. who..?" I asked giggling. Fernando looked at the person who was calling him, frowned, then picked it up, "Diga. Hola.. todavia estas molesta por esa estupides? No? Si? Deveras? Olalla.. no se si puedo hacer esto mas..(Say it. Hello..are you still bothered by the stupid things? No? Yes? Really? Olalla.. I don't know if I can do this anymore..)" He closed his eyes and sighed, "No. Tu necesitas calmarte. Llamame en una semana haver como estas. Adios. (No. You need to calm down. Call me in a week to see how you are. Bye.)" Then he just closed the phone. Just like that! "Uy. Estoy feliz que yo no soy Olalla. (Woah. I'm happy I'm not Olalla.)" I said, and then Fernando chuckled, "I can't deal with her anymore.." I turned to face him, "You do what you think is right, you're a grown man."

"Being a grown up is no fun.." Fernando chuckled, then we reached the first floor and walked out. "You're like what.. twenty four?" I guessed, and he nodded. I shook my head as we walked to his car. The ride was silent as he drove us to his house where my things were. I looked over at him as he had his eyes on the road. His blonde hair over his eyes which made him look more of a kid than a man made me smile. My eyes looked away quickly and I felt blood rush to my cheeks.. at least I think so. He doesn't even do anything and I'm already blushing.. I crossed my arms over my chest and then Fernando turned on the radio, "Fanaticas de el famoso Sergio Ramos, el y no tiene novia, repito, ya no tiene novia. Sabiamos que la chica con que el estuvo no iva estar con el por mucho. Nuesto querido Sergio no puede estar con la misma chica por mas de una semana pero no importa por que siempre lo vamos a querer. (Fans of the famous Sergio Ramos, he doesn't have a girlfriend anymore, I repeat, he doesn't have a girlfriend.We knew that the girl he was with wasn't going to stay with him for much. Our dear Sergio can't stay with the same girl for more than a week, but it doesn't matter because we'll always love him.)" "Pues eso fue rapido..(Well that was fast..)" I said as I giggled at the radio lady talking. Fernando chuckled and said, "Sergio y Natalia sierto? (Sergio and Natalia right?)" "Si." I laughed. "Como dos personas se pueden querer haci de un dia para otro? (How can two people like each other from one day to the next?)" He asked outloud, "Si se quieren todo va a salir bien. Mira a Romeo y Julieta.. se amaron desde que se vieron..despues de un dia se casaron! Nisiquiera un dia mas como veinte horas o menos..(If they like each other everything will work out. Look at Romeo and Juliet..they loved each other ever since they saw each other..after a day they got married! Not even a day, more like twenty hours or less..)" I said, "y despues se mueren los dos juntos..(and then they die together..)" I sighed, "el punto es que no importa el tiempo.. si ellos sienten que se quieren o se aman no hay razon por la que no deven estar juntos..(the point is that time doesn't matter.. if they feel like they like or love each other there is no reason for them to not be together..)" Why is it that you're making this about Fernando and you? "buen punto..(good point..)" Fernando said as we pulled into his driveway. I got out of his car and he came around to walk next to me. "En otro tema, estas cansada? (In an other subject, are you tired?)" He was asking me this as I let out a big yawn, "No." Fernando started laughing as he opened the door, and I walked inside. It was just as I left it, or rather Carlos and the gang left it. I went upstairs to the room I had spent a month in and got all my clothes, then Fernando walks in the room, "Tu sabes donde esta mi cinturon? (Do you know where my belt is?)" I shook my head no, "si lo sabes. Lo escondiste. (yes you do. You hid it.)" His face looked so serious.."Uh..No." I stopped putting clothes in my bag and looked at him, "Si." "Miraste en tu closet? (Did you look in the closet?)" I asked him. He nodded, I didn't believe him so I just went over to his room, and I could feel him following me; went to his closet, turned the light on, looked around for a little bit then spotted a belt.

"Miralo aqui. Te dije que estaba aqui! (Look at it right here. I told you it was here!)" I turned around and looked at him, "Si ves! Tu sabias donde estaba! (You see! You knew where it was!)" He started laughing and backing up, I walked forward and,"Mire en el lugar mas ovio! (I looked in the most obvious place!)" I told him as I kept on walking forward and then he fell on his bed, "Tu sabias! No me mientas! (You knew! Don't lie to me!)" He said in between laughs, I started laughing and got on top of him, then I started wrestling him, "No te estaba mintiendo tonto. (I wasn't lying to you silly.)" I laughed and then noticed that I was basically straddling him while he was holding my wrists together, "Oh.." I cleared my throat and then got off him. "Sorry.." I apologized as I went back to my room, "Esta bien. No te preocupes. (It's alright. Don't worry.)" He sat on my bed as I continued to pack my clothes, and then I looked at him, "no estas cansado tu? (aren't you tired?)" He nodded, "go to sleep then?" I asked him, "No. Te tengo que llevar a tu casa primero..(No. I have to take you home first..)" Fernando smiled. I nodded, finished packing my stuff, and then he went and dropped me off.

That was fast.

"Entonces.. te veo el Miercoles? (Then..I'll see you on Wednesday?)" I asked him before I could stop myself, he nodded and I went inside the house, into my room, saw that Natalia was still sleeping, dropped my bag, and then just laid on the floor. Before I knew it, I was in lala land not having a care in the world.

***

The dream ocurred again. My eyes shot open and I sat up, trying to calm my breathing. It always stops at the part were we're about to kiss and it completely kills me. I mean on one hand it's wrong because he's taken, but on the other hand it's just a dream! It doesn't mean that it's going to happen. I turned to see if Natalia was next to me, but she wasn't. I looked at the clock on the nightstand and saw that it was around three. I scrambled out of bed and ran to the kitchen, it was where my mom would most likely be. "Mom! What day is it?" I asked her, I had drank a lot and I wasn't sure whether it was still Sunday or not, "Monday.. we need to be at grandma's at four thirty. Go get ready.. I was so worried, but then Natalia told me that you had drank a lot so it's really fine that you slept for almost two days..God knows how many days I passed out when I was your age.." She smiled, and then another question burst out of me, "Where is Natalia?" "Out. With Sergio since apparently they really like each other so they thought that they could spend as much time as possible together. She's leaving tomorrow, and she told me to tell you thanks." She was sitting on one of the bar chairs. "How are you mom?" I asked her ignoring her demand on me having to go take a shower. Instead I just fixed myself some more cereal since it was the easiest thing to make, even though it was three in the afternoon. "Good, I have crutches so it's not so bad. The doctor, oh that doctor is so.. perfect. I don't think I've ever met such a perfect man. I can't believe it! It's only been five days and I'm already going on a small getaway with him.. is that bad?" Maybe.. "No. Si tu piensas que esta bien.. entonces esta bien. (No. If you think it's okay.. then it's okay.)" I told her as I ate my cereal, "Me gusta mas Fernando que Sergio ya veras, Fernando.. no se. Tiene una timides que me parece muy atractiva. (I like Fernando more than Sergio you see, Fernando.. I don't know. He has a shyness that is very attractive.)" I choked on my cereal, "Mom! I don't want to hear if you have the hots for someone younger than you. That is something I will never want to hear." She just chuckled at me and once I finished my cereal I went upstairs, decided on the same white dress that I wore to the club that other night to go see grandma, hopped in the shower and then hopped back out. Then I realized that I had forgotten to get a bra so I wrapped myself in a towel and went out to my room. I didn't even notice that he was there until I turned around with bra in hand. So..Fernando Torres is in your room and you're covered in just a towel with a bra in your hand.. "Yes?" I said to a cherry colored cheeks Fernando Torres. "Uh..tu mami me dijo que te apuraras..te espero en la sala. (Uh..your mom told me to tell you to hurry up.. I'll wait for you in the living room.)" He said, What are you even doing here? I just nodded, I would ask him later. So I went back into the bathroom and finished getting ready. White shoes to match the dress of course.

I was ready, I didn't put my hair up this time because I didn't want the wave that it got from the ponytail. "Lista. (Ready.)" I said as I walked into the living room. "Finalmente. (Finally.)" My mom said as she was sitting next to Fernando on the couch, "Fernando va venir con nosotras para ver a la abuela. (Fernando is coming with us to see grandma.)" So he's met my mom and now he's going to meet my grandma seems like he wants to be part of my family? Nah. He's just incredibly nice. I nodded and then of course thought that he was going to take us, my mom told him where and he drove off to grandma's house. He turned on the radio and my mom started singing along with the music, "Y ahi esta. Ahi esta. Ahi esta, ahi esta viendo pasar el tiempo la puerta de Alcala. (And there it is. There it is. There it is, there it is watching time pass by the door of Alcala.)" My mom was sitting in the front seat while I sat in the back seat behind her, watching her sing along to this unknown song I have never heard of. "La puerta de Alcala es una puerta grandisima de Madrid. Me encantaria ir un dia alla. Hacen conciertos y festivales ahi. (the door of Alcala is a huge door in Madrid. I would love to go there one day. They have concerts and festivals there.)" "Ahora es mas como un centro. (Now it's more of a center.)" Fernando told my mom. Then they started speaking about random bits and pieces of Spain's history. I looked out the window tuning them out because history wasn't really my thing at all. I smiled at the fact that Fernando got along rather well with my mom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image
Image
Image

Sorry it took forever, I was busy, so I made this chapter extra long. -points to it- see how long it is? Rather long.