Little Miss Blue Dress

PokerFace -A-

You know, I haven't told anybody about the dream that I keep having. Now, I couldn't even tell Natalia because she was gone from here; to go to Hawaii with her parents to spend some time together before school started. As long as I got to see her before the summer ended, everything was okay. I didn't go to the airport because I wanted Sergio to tell Natalia good bye in their own personal space. Apparently Natalia is so important to Sergio, after five days mind you, that he hired body guards to keep the coast clear in all placers. When he said goodbye to her he called me up and was all, "Natalia is seriously the best girl that I've ever met. You have no idea how happy she makes me." When he told me this, I couldn't stop smiling at my good work. I think I knew that they were going to fall madly in love with each other, but then again. It could just be a blinding thing, you know. Sometimes you never truly know a person until you're awa from them? I didn't even know. I've seen a lot of girls hearts get broken because the person that they thought they loved, wasn't the person at all. If that made any sense. Like me, which is a reason why I just stopped trying to have a relationship with a boy. Sure, I may feel things and everything, but I never do anything about it. I'm just tired of letting people stomp all over my heart to just throw it on the floor. I think that was the reason why I didn't want to do anything with Fernando. He still had a girlfriend whom he hasn't broken up with yet.. I don't know why he hasn't done so. The woman cheated on him and then begged him to take her back. Then again, it could have to do with the whole best friends since they were kids deal. So much for best friends, if you loved your best friend and you told him everything, wouldn't the nicest thing to do to them to let them go if they needed to go after what you have done to them? Meaning cheat on them and then let them go? That's just not right, the decency of Olalla to just cheat on her best friend and then to try and pretend that everything was okay. I'm kind of glad that Fernando decided not to talk to her at all this week, but then she had to ruin a perfectly good moment for us. Uh. Fernando was about to cheat on her with me.. thank goodness that didn't happen at all. I would have felt horrible if what was about to happen, happened. My mind was telling me that I wanted it to happen, but it would have hurt me later. Still, those chocolate brown eyes that nobody could resist came so close and those lips. His lips, oh so thin, yet so full, just enough to fill them up and make me want to trace my thumb over them.

So the dream, it always stopped at the part that we were about to kiss! I mean still! It makes me upset because I want the stupid dream to finish so I can move on and dream something else, but no. Again last night I had that stupid dream and like every time, I just had to wake up with a jolt. Although the cold sweat wasn't running down anymore and this time when I looked to see what time it was somebody was sitting at the foot of my bed. Quickly looking to see the time it was six fifteen. Then, the person's back was to me, so I got out of bed, walked to the front of the person who turned out to be none other than Fernando. Why am I not surprised? Then he saw me, smiled, I smiled back, "No sabes tocar la puerta? (You don't know how to knock?)" I asked him as I got a backpack out of the closet. "Si, pero no te queria despertar. (Yeah, but I didn't want to wake you up.)" He said, I think he was watching me put clothes in my bag. "Dime. No mas entraste haci a la casa? O mi mami ya estaba despierta? (Tell me. Did you just enter the house just like that? Or was my mom awake?)" I asked him as I put a pair of long shorts, the basketball kind and a tank top for my pajamas for the next two nights. I don't want Fernando to start at my ass like he did that one time, although. To tell you the truth, I didn't really mind since I'm sure that the only ass he's seen is Olalla's. Okay, bad joke. I laughed, "El Doctor Velez esta ya aqui. (Doctor Velez is already here.)" Fernando said, now I was in the bathroom putting my toiletries in my bag. I saw my reflection in the mirror. My hair was curlier than ever and my face was crimson. I brushed my teeth as Fernando kept talking, "Entonces el me dejo entrar, y tu madre ya esta lista. Me dijo que te levantara..pero no lo podia hacer. Entonces me sente y a los diez segundos tu te levantastes. (So he let me in, and your mom is ready. She told me to wake you up.. but I couldn't do it. So then I sat down and after ten seconds you woke up.)" My hands made my hair messier, which just made it more curlier and more volumizing. My pajamas consisted of shorts to my mid thigh and a t-shirt. So he shouldn't be staring at me like something to lick. I walked out of my bathroom and went over to my bag, put my bathingsuit in it, a dress since you never know what could happen, and two pairs of shorts with t-shirts,my i-pod and the ipod speaker, then faced him, "Ah listo. (Ah, okay.)" That's all I could really say to him, I didn't know what else to say. Fernando simply looked at me, grabbed my bag and then walked out of the room. Uh? My face was all of the sudden confused and I quickly changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. I wasn't about to take a shower and then go into the ocean. No way, I'd rather take a shower after I went into the ocean. Then I put some socks on and my adidas. When I walked out into the living room, there was everybody, they were already to go. "Ay.. esperen y como algo. Despues nos podemos ir. Que cosa.. (Ay..wait and let me eat something. Then we can leave. What a thing..)" My hair shook in front of my face, feeling embarrassed at the fact that I was the last one to get ready, when usually, I had to drag my mom out of bed. Looks like the doctor must have done something to her. I thought as I got some cake and a glass of milk.

"Oye niña. (Hey little girl.)" Fernando says as he walks into the kitchen.
"Que paso? (What happened?)" I asked him as I finished eating my cake.
"Nada..no mas queria venir a verte. (Nothing.. I just wanted to come and see you.)" He told me.
"Uh.. gracias? (Uh.. thanks?)" I replied.
He chuckled, "no estas despierta verdad? (you're not awake are you?)"
"No. Jaja. Muy temprano. (No. Haha. Too early.)" To tell you the truth, I didn't even think that he was right there, it felt like a dream, a better one than I kept having, "Y tu no estas cansado? (And you're not tired?)" Why is it that I have been asking him that a lot lately?
"No. El entrenamiento me hace levantar mas temprano. (No. The training makes me wake up early.)" He said.
Then I noticed what he was wearing, a white t-shirt with jean shorts. The type that are for men you know, baggy and whatnot. Then to top it off white tennis shoes. His hair looked shorter, and way more blonde than on Sunday.
"Te cortaste el pelo? Te lo pintaste? Peliteñido! (Did you cut your hair? Did you color it? Dye-boy!)" I teased him as I washed my plate and glass.
"Si me lo corte, y no me lo pinte. El sol. (I did cut it, and I didn't color it. The sun.)" He simply said. Sure it was the sun.
I laughed and he narrowed his eyes. "No mas estoy bromeando! (I'm just kidding!)" I told him as I gave him a smile.
"Creo que me gustas mas cuando estas despierta..(I think I like you better when you're awake..)" Fernando chuckled.
"Yeah, whatever..I demand you give me a piggy back ride." I told him as I went up next to him.
"Oh.. si? Bueno. (Oh..yes? Okay.)" He said as he got low.
"Uy.. pero Señor Torres si sabes bajarte. (Oh.. but Mister Torres, you know how to get low.)" I said as I got on his back and locked my legs around his waist.
"Oh. Espera, mi maleta. (Oh. Wait, my bag.)" I went over and got my bag, put it on my back and then got on his back.
Fernando got up and took my arms to snake them around his neck. It sent tingles up my arms and down my spine. I shrugged it off as he walked back to the living room, "ya nos podemos ir. (we can leave now.)" He informed my mom and the doctor. I smiled at both of them as they were sitting on the couch together and holding hands. I unlocked one of my arms from his grip and waved to my mom, "vamos mami! La playa! La playa! Ay mi playa que yo extraño tanto! (let's go mom! The beach! The beach! Oh my beach that I miss so much!)" I giggled as I let my arm back on under his hands. They were really strong. I'm sort of glad that he couldn't see my face because it was covered by my hair. My face was hot and I could actually tell this time, and I was just being silly really. He was just a man.. then Fernando laughed, "que es tan gracioso? (what's so funny?)" I asked him as we were almost to the doctor's car. A Mercedes of course. "Tu pelo me hace coquillas. (Your hair tickles me.)" What the hell? How did he even know..he's getting good at this nervous thing.. I took my hair away from his neck as he let me down. "Muchisimas gracias Señor Torres. (Thank you so much Mister Torres.)" I said.
"De nada Señorita Pradera. (You're welcome Misses Pradera.)" He chuckled.

My mom and the doctor came out, mom on crutches, but she was still smiling. This woman was radiating and it was starting to make me happy. That's a wonderful thing! The doctor had my mom's bag and I got mine off my back while Fernando stood there looking at them, "eso es un ejemplo de lo que estabamos hablando.. (that is an example of what we were talking about.)" I nodded, "se ve feliz no? (she looks happy no?)" Fernando smiled. Then I smiled as well, his smile was contagious I tell you. My feet dragged me to the back of the car since the doctor was putting my mom's bag in there, I decided to follow suit. "Gracias Doctor Valdez por dejarnos utilizar tu casa y llevarnos. (Thank you Doctor Valdez for letting us use your house and taking us.)" "No es un problema para nada. Tu madre. Creo que me gusta muchisisimo. (It's not a problem at all. Your mom. I think I like her a lot, a lot.)" "Doctor, no se lo que estas haciendo para que la pongas haci tan feliz, pero siguelo haciendo. (Doctor, I don't know what you're doing to make her like this, but keep doing it!)" I gave him a quick hug. I think calling him the doctor was so cool and mysterious. When I went back around the car, my mom was in shotgun and Fernando was not in the car yet, "aren't you getting in?" He looked down at me and replied, "after you." I looked at him weirdly and then I got in the car, seriously. I'm just a girl! He then followed after me so we both had a window seat really. We were all in the car, the doctor turned the radio on, and drove off. "Valencia, aqui venimos! (Valencia, here we come!)" My mom said excitedly. I laughed and Fernando was looking out the window. My index finger poked his shoulder and I quickly took it away, pretending to look out the window. "Doctor, cual ruta nos vamir ir? (Doctor, what route are we going through?)" Fernando asked as he nudged my shoulder with his hand. "Por la a tres. Unas cuatro horas sin trafico. (Through the A three. Around four hours without traffic.)" The doctor said. I poked him with my index finger again and laughed when he looked at me. Such a child I am. Oh well. "Nunca e conocido una chica como tu. (I've never met a girl like you.)" Fernando said while I was looking at my mom. "La mayoria de las personas que conosco siempre me dicen que soy unica. No se de ti, pero no lo pienso. Yo me imagino que hay milliones de chicas como yo. (The majority of people that I meet always tell me that I'm one of a kind. I don't know about you, but I don't think that. I imagine that there are millions of girls like me.)" I shrugged my shoulders, my mom turned around, "What's wrong with you? You are one of a kind. I know that because I've never seen another girl like you, and trust me. I've seen girls my darling. Every single type of girl. I like you the best mi amor." She told me. Her expression was so upset, chill out mom. "A lot of things are wrong with me mom. You just don't pay attention to them." I told her. "Excuse me?" She replied. Fernando was looking at me with an expression I couldn't read. "Mom, I'm not talking about this with you. Enjoy your vacation." I stubbornly told her as I looked out the window. "Te quiero mucho mi amor. (I love you my love.)" She said to me and I told her, "Yo tambien te quiero mucho mami. (I love you back mom.)" I continued to look out the window, then my phone started vibrating in my pocket.

My hand took it out and I looked to see who it was. Sergio. I gave it to Fernando and he looked at it. "No quieres hablar con el? (You don't want to talk to him?)" I shook my head no, "Wake me up when we get there." I leaned back and closed my eyes.

Somebody was shaking me from my slumber, "hmmm." I lightly said as I didn't want to open my eyes. "Estamos aqui. (We're here.)" A silky voice said in my ear. My eyes shot open and I looked to see that my mom was the one telling me to wake up. "Deveras? (Really?)" I asked her. "No." She laughed at me while I narrowed my eyes at her. "Donde estamos entonces? (Then where are we?)" I asked her as I stretched out of the car. "Manises." What the hell? We were in a small town, the doctor was putting gas in the car, and Fernando was in the store. Mom had told me that last bit. I got out of the car and immediately noticed that the atmosphere was really hot. I sighed and went into the store because I needed to pee. Once I found the bathroom I went in did my business and went back out, looking for Fernando. Then I noticed that there were chips here. Doritos! I haven't had those in forever, so I decided to get that, and a bottle of water. When I went to the cashier, paid for my stuff, turned around and then ran into someone. "Oops, perdoneme Señor..oh. Uy, que gafas tan cheveres. Nisiquiera te reconozi. (Oops, I'm sorry sir..oh. Ay, cool glasses. I didn't even recognize you.)" I told Fernando. He had on aviators and was looking so. I couldn't even think of a word. "Ah ya. Pues, nos toca irnos niña. Vamonos. (Oh okay. Well, we have to leave little girl. Let's go.)" He took my wrist and dragged me out to the car, "I can walk.." I told him as I got back in the car. "Yeah, but that's not fun." "How is it not fun?" I asked him as I opened my bag of chips, he took my bag and took a chip, then gave it back, "because then I wouldn't even be able to do anything.." What does that even mean? Whatever, I don't want to think for the next two days. I smiled at him as he continued to just eat my chips, "Cometelas toda no? (Eat them all no?)" "Le estas hablando a un futbolista. (You're talking to a football player.)" He chuckled, "Ah si, como me puedo olvidar de lo que comias cuando te cosinaba? (Oh yes, how can I forget when I cooked for you?)" I laughed. Then I took a huge swig of my water bottle and asked, "Cuanto tiempo para que lleguemos? (How long until we get there?)" "Como unas dos horas mas? Tenemos que pasar Valencia para llegar a Port Saplaya. (Around two more hours? We have to pass Valencia to get to Port Saplaya.)" The doctor said. The radio was playing random music, and Fernando was just looking at me, "Sergio te dijo saludes. (Sergio said hi.)" He told me. I chuckled and said, "Wow. Lo unico que tenia que decirme? De que hablaron ustedes? (Wow. The only thing he has to tell me? What did you guys talk about?)" I asked. Fernando locked eyes with mine, "cosas que no te debe preocupar. (Things that shouldn't worry you.)" His mouth turned into a smile. Okay.. now I'm worried. I didn't show it, I just smiled at him. Then a song that everybody knew except me started playing. My mom, the doctor, and Fernando (who knew it but didn't sing) started to jam out. I mean, hardcore. Then the chorus came. Oh! This is the song that Pepe was singing on my birthday! I smiled and started learning the words, mainly the chorus. "Cada ves que me ves cruzo la pared. Hago chas y aparesco a tu lado. Quieres ir tras de mí, pobrecito de ti, no me puedes atrapar. (Everytime you see me I cross the wall. I do chas and appear at your side. You want to follow me, poor you, you can't catch me.)" I sang and then laughed.

"Ahora para los enamorados. Una banda Mejicana que se llama Camila. Aqui esta, Todo Cambio. (Now for the ones in love. A Mexican band that is called Camila. Here it is, Everything Changed.)" The radio lady said. Why? Why? Why? This song has Fernando Torres written all over it. I started singing along to the song as I looked out the window, "Todo cambio..cuando te vi. De blanco y negro a color, me converti. y fue tan facil quererte tanto.." I didn't want to face him at all. "Todo temblo dentro de mi. El universo escribio que fueras para mi.." So much of Fernando.. why did I have to start liking him again? My face turned to stare at him and he was staring at me..That's why. I cocked my head to the side, made a dramatic face and started singing to him, "Algo que no imaginaba. Fue perder en tu amor simplemente paso, y todo tuyo ya soy! Antes que pase mas, tiempo contigo amor, tengo que decir que eres el amor de mi vida.." I pretended to have an imaginary microphone, but never closed my eyes. They stayed locked with his. The doctor and my mom were laughing, but they barely payed attention to what was happening between Fernando and I. He took his aviators off and just stared at me. Fernando wasn't smiling or anything, but he didn't have a face that showed a bad emotion either.. "antes que te ame mas, escucha por favor dejame decir que todo te di, y como hago para explicar, pero menos estas, simplemente asi lo senti.. cuando te vi." His eyes softened and I think mine did as well. Suddenly I felt like the words to the song were becoming true..which is really dumb because there was no possible way that I loved him. My eyes got big, and he furrows his eyebrows. "Que paso? (What happened?)" He asked. I shook my head, "nothing." I turned back to look out the window. Do not. I repeat. Do not make yourself clear to him..do it for your sake Maria. For your sake. My stare hardened as we passed the city of Valencia. Does every Spaniard speed? I mean really, the doctor was driving faster than I've ever seen anybody drive. I gripped onto the door handle thing as I just thought about all the events that led up to here. It was going so fast in my mind, like in the movies when something huge is happening and all the scenes pass by the screen at ultimate speed. The first time I saw Fernando, he was laughing at me. When I ran to the Atletico De Madrid stadium, when he scared me, when I went to Italy, him asking me in the kitchen, the rain in Spain, when we slept in the same bed. Olalla asking me to help her. So many things that have happened under a month it was incredible how time passed by, yet I've only known Fernando for a little bit more than a month and here he was, going to a beach house with me and not his girlfriend. I felt guilty. Dirty that I think I may have been the cause of the obstacle in the relationship. Randomly I turned back around to see that Fernando was staring out his window, "Trajiste tu telefono? (Did you bring your phone?)" He shook his head no. "Por que no? (Why not?)" I got curious, "No quiero escuchar mi telefono para nada. Ya le dije a mi madre donde hiba a estar, por sierto. Te quiere conocer. Y no quiero hablar con Olalla para nada. (I don't want to hear my phone at all. I already told my mom where I was going to be, which reminds me. She wants to meet you. I don't want to talk at all to Olalla.)" He stated simply, the doctor chimed in, "teniendo problemas? (having problems?)" "Si. Problemas que no deverian ser problemas. (Yes. Problems that shouldn't be problems.)" Fernando said sincerely. For a shy guy he was really honest.

The car got quiet. Not in that awkward silence, everybody was in their own thoughts. I was at least, and they weren't pleasant ones. Why did I have to start thinking this about myself now? You are so stupid to even think that Fernando would be interested in you. He has a girlfriend! I sighed and I was sure that my face showed the discontent. This sucks. I looked out the window trying to think of happy things, to get myself in the mood. It's the beach! Fernando was giving me what I wanted for my birthday.. well. Technically, not; since all he really did was just say that I hadn't gotten my birthday present, and then the doctor saved the day. My mind wandered to Natalia and Sergio.. I wonder how they would pull the whole distance thing off. I missed Natalia terribly, but I hope that I would see her soon. Before she left she promised me that I didn't need to go over there, that she would come over here because she didn't want to stay over there in America. Her parents were a complete different story than my mom was. They liked to control her choices and whatnot. Natalia was also getting tired of their constant disagreeing on what to do with her. Every time that Natalia was able to breathe in her home, her parents would take her breath away once again by suffocating her with a million questions about her day or anything important in her life. I guess you could say that I was a 'bad' influence on her, since I made her want to express herself in different ways. Music was her number one choice and then it was the way that she acted. Natalia didn't care anymore, once she turned eighteen, she would be gone from her parent's wrath. It made me feel selfish yet again because I didn't even have to try when it came to doing whatever I wanted to do. Of course the age difference did matter, since she was just only sixteen, and I am eighteen. I was going to my last year of college, when she was starting her junior year in high school. How Sergio and Natalia fell for each other, I will never know. Then again.. Romeo and Juliet were just in their teens as well.. except Sergio was six years older than Natalia. Whatever, if they got along why shouldn't they be together? They don't have a good enough reasont to not be together except the fact that they lived on both sides of the world. I'm sure that they can pull it off.. I think I need to talk to Sergio about it before they reach a level that they are inseparable. Since now, Sergio 'blew me off' for Natalia. Both of my best friends are in love with each other. How wonderful. My lips formed a smile as I thought about how adorable they looked together. It was funny how she's the complete opposite of him. Scratch that, they're the same person except she doesn't go sleeping around like he does. She's not a slut, nor will she ever be. Natalia has respect for herself and diginity.. not saying that Sergio doesn't have that. The girls that he was with didn't have that. Natalia just had to put on her charm and Sergio was cast under her spell. Good for her. Me on the other hand. I just need to stop overthinking and overanalyzing things. It's awful annoying since I can't shake it from my head. The spitting images of Fernando just looking at me, when his eyes softened, when he hugs me and I can feel his arms wrapping around my waist. The temperature is rising.. "Puedes quitar el aire acondicionador? (Can you take the air conditioner off?)" I asked the doctor.. the radio was still playing on, but it was just so quiet that it was loud. There was a ringing in my ears that I couldn't shake off. The doctor said of course and then I rolled my window down to feel that Spanish heat. The wind blowing in my face made me giggle which caused Fernando to chuckle. I turned around which caused my hair to go wild, "que? (what?)" I asked as I started laughing even more because I was sure that I looked even more ridiculous now. He shook his head and started laughing with me. I shrugged and I turned my face to the window again, when the radio suddenly started playing Carlos Vives. I started singing along with the music as I noticed that the air started to smell salty.

"Ya casi estamos ahi! (We're almost there!)" I squealed excitedly.
The doctor nodded and I couldn't wait to get my feet in the sandy beach. Everything was blurring by and before I knew it, we where there. The house looked like it was huge. It was one floor and the brick wall was a dark brown color. "Pero doctor, tu casa esta muy bonita. (But doctor, your house is very pretty.)" My mom said as the doctor was helping her out of the car. "Cuando mi esposa estaba viva, ella siempre quizo su casa en la playa. Nunca la hice o la compre por que siempre estaba muy ocupado, pero ahora que ya tengo tiempo.. y que ella no esta aqui. Se la hice de todas maneras. Es para ella, es de ella. (When my wife was alike, she always wanted her house on the beach. I never made one or bought one because I was always busy, but now that I have time..and that she's not here. I made it for her anyway. It's for her, it's hers.)" The doctor explained to my mom as they made their way into the house.
Fernando and I got all the luggage. Well, mainly him, but I got my backpack and my mom's bag. "Oye niño. Eres como fuerte no? (Hey niño. You're kind of strong no?)" I teased him as we made our way into the house now.
It wasn't as big as I thought, but it was still really nice. The floor was of course wooden, but a dark cherry wood. There was a small living room with a nice television- doubt we'll use that- and the dining room was really nice. A long table that had huge windows to look out into the ocean blue. The kitchen was basically all white with black marble top. Not that big, but not that small either. Fernando and I exchanged glances at each other before breaking into a smile, "Tu sabes que si. No paresco pero si lo soy. (You know I am. I may not look like it, but I am.)" He said. We continued to walk around the house until I saw a bedroom. It had two twin beds and two night stands. It had a door that led to the beach in front of it. Talk about a nice place..the bathroom was mainly like mine back at the house, except it was a little bit bigger, the top was marble, and it was a pair of sliding doors. Really nice, "quedemonos aqui. (let's stay here.)" Fernando suggested, and I nodded. I dropped my stuff on the bed closest to the door, and he dropped his bag on the other bed. Then we continued our way to find my mom and the doctor. "Que casa tan bonita. (What a pretty house.)" He said again as we walked out of the bedroom. My head nodded and added, "me encanta el piso. (I love the flooring.)" He chuckled and then we found another bedroom. The doctor and my mom where in it, both of them sitting very comfortably on the bed, next to each other. It had only been a week! A week! It seems like everybody is finding love except you lady. I sighed and then smiled. "We need groceries. Go with Fernando to the nearest supermarket and buy all the essentials that we need.." My mom said while she sat up. The doctor only nodded, threw the keys towards Fernando, Fernando dropped the bags at the foot of the bed, and then we were headed out.

Talk about moving fast in a relationship..

Fernando was of course driving, since I didn't have a license. Well, I could drive, I just didn't want too, but what if a cop stopped us and I couldn't show him my license? That would just suck. We didn't speak. I didn't want to be the first one to initiate the talking since most of the time I did anyway. "Por que no sacas licensia de conducir? (Why don't you get a driver's license?)" Fernando asked me.
"No se. Tengo a quien me lleve a todos los lugares. (I don't know. I always have someone to drive me everywhere.)" I smiled.
"Verdad. (True.)" He replied. My window was down and I felt the air running through my hair.. which brought me to the next question.
"Tu sabes a donde vas? (Do you know where you're going?)"
"Creo. (I think.)" Well that was reassuring. He still had his aviators on, and may I say that he looks completely divine? I did not deserve this man at all with this friendship.
"Quieres saber algo? (Do you want to know something?)" I asked him and I didn't know why I was telling him this about me..
"Claro. (Of course.)" Fernando shot me a smile.
"Yo te tengo confianza. (I trust you.)" I shook my hair in front of my face. You need to stop doing that.. he can tell when you're nervous..
"Y eso te pone nerviosa por que? (And that makes you nervous why?)" His tone was playful, light.
"Por que no se que vas a decir sobre heso. (Because I don't know what you're going to say about it.)" I said.
"Me pone feliz. (It makes me happy.)" Fernando said. My heart seemed to pick up at this.
"Tu sabes otra cosa que note sobre ti? (You know another thing I noticed about you?)" I asked him as we got out of the car, apparently the closest market was only around ten minutes away from here. It was around.. one. The sun was directly above me making me shield my eyes with my hand. I fell into step with Fernando since he had way longer legs than me, oh well.
"Que es heso? (What is that?)" He asked as he held the door open for me.
"A ti no te gusta hablar de tus problemas..aunque tus amigos siempre estan ahi y disponibles para que tu hables con ellos. No te gusta, dices que hay un problema, pero no dices que es. Como si no quisieras contaminar a las otras personas aunque todos tenemos problemas. (You don't like to talk about your problems..even though your friends are always there and willing to talk to you. You don't like it, you say that you have a problem, but you don't say what it is. Like you don't want to contaminate other people even though we all have problems.)" I told him as I got the cart.
"Tu sacaste heso en un mes? (You got that in a month?)" He seemed impressed.
"Si..yo veo mucho. (Yeah..I see a lot.)"
"Le tomo a Olalla como seis meses para decirme heso. Claro que siempre le contaba a ella lo que me estaba pasando por que ella siempre estaba ahi. No me gustaba decirle por que se ponia triste, pero me ayudaba. (It took Olalla around six months to tell me that. Of course I always told her what was happening to me because she was always there. I didn't like telling her because it made her sad, but she helped me.)" We were walking through the aisles now and surprisngly enough.. people didn't recognize him. Yeah right.. they're just wondering what the hell Fernando Torres is doing in this supermarket in Valencia..
"Y entonces que paso? (So then what happened?)" I asked silently while putting random things in the cart. Pasta, oregano, random condiments like garlic powder, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise..
"No le importo mas. (It didn't matter to her anymore.)" He said standing next to me and getting some sauce since I couldn't reach it.
"Cuando ya no le importo mas? (When did it not matter to her anymore?)"
"Hace como dos años? (Like two years ago?)" He asked himself. Then he nodded. I was surprised.
"Me imagino que te quedaste con ella por que a ti si te importaban los problemas de ella y querias que ella estuviera feliz. Tu la haces feliz a ella. Por que crees que ella te hiso heso? (I imagine that you stayed with her because her problems mattered to you and you wanted her to be happy. You make her happy. Why do you think she did that to you?)" We moved down to another aisle, I went for the ice cream first, choosing vanilla. Haagen Daas.
"Esta aburrida depronto? (Maybe she's bored?)" Fernando said simply taking my ice cream and getting a different flavor. Chocolate mint. I took his and got the vanilla one again, and this went back and forth for a while, "por que no llevamos los dos entonces? (why don't we just take both of them then?)" I asked him as this was the fifth time that we both switched, it made Fernando laugh, while it made me annoyed. I want to get to the beach! "Listo. (Okay.)" He said and then we were on our way again. I really hope no photographers are here..
"No se. Por que deveria estar aburrida? No hace sentido. (I don't know. Why would she be bored? It doesn't make sense.)" I stated as we were in the dairy section now. Fernando got eggs, yogurt, milk, orange juice, butter, all the essentials.
"Como no hace sentido? (How does it not make sense?)" Fernando looked at me in the eyes.
"En todo el tiempo que yo te e conocido por ningun segundo e estado aburrida. (The whole time that I've known you I haven't gotten bored at all.)" I simply told him.
Fernando just smiled, "pues las cosas pueden cambiar cuando estas con una persona por.. uy ya casi ocho años.. depronto. Quien sabe. (things can change when you're with a person for.. wow almost eight years..maybe. Who knows.)" He shrugged it off. Fernando made it look so easy to just.. get bored of him. This was getting me annoyed, he was like a girl.. but not. At least for the moment, "Tu estas inseguro? (Are you insecure?)" I asked him curiously as I furrowed my eyebrows. He picked out the beer, and I got the champagne.
"No, estoy cansado. No mas la quiero ver feliz pero no. No se puede. Siempre tiene que empezar una pelea. (No, I'm tired. I only want to see her happy, but no. That can't happen. She always has to start a fight.)" He sighed.
"Si no quieres hablar de esto.. esta bien. (If you don't want to talk about this.. it's okay.)" I told him as we made our way to the register.

"Siempre me dices heso. (You always tell me that.)" Fernando said as he started putting things for the lady to check them out. I saw that they had a blue disposable camera which I just had to buy. I put it with the other things and Fernando chuckled. I smiled at him as the lady at the cash register looked at both of us. Maybe she was one out of the millions of people that didn't watch football..hopefully, she didn't seem to recognize him so that was a good sign. I just shot her a smile as she checked the things out. The bags where soon in the cart and I gave the lady my mom's credit card so she could pass it through. Apparently her name was Esmeralda, so once she gave me my card back I told her thanks and Fernando and I left the market. As soon as we put the things in the car and were on our way again, things got quiet. "Siempre te lo digo por que no quiero presionarte. (I always tell you because I don't want to pressure you.)" I simply stated as I stared out the window. My eyes didn't really want to see his reaction or him for that matter. I was just.. afraid. Afraid that he'll change his mind about all of this because there's a very pretty Spanish brunette waiting for him back at home. "Pues quiero hablar. Tu eres la primera persona que no pregunta que me pasa. (Well I want to talk. You're the first person that doesn't ask what's wrong.)" I nodded encouraging him to go on. "Creo que ya no esta el fuego ahi. No se, es como si ella no estuviera ahi mentalmente. Es como si no me quisiera mas, ya no me pone atencion, pero es muy dulce y todo lo demas.. cuando quiere algo. (I don't think the fire is there anymore. I don't know, it's like she's not there mentally. It's like she didn't love me anymore, she doesn't pay attention, but she's very sweet and everything.. when she wants something.)" I thought about asking him a question, "De que pelean ustedes..? (What do you guys fight about?)" Fernando sighed, "ella dice que yo e cambiado. (she says that I've changed.)"

Oh my gosh. They're fighting because of me. What a liar Fernando is. Liar! A big fat one at that.

"Que crees que a causado este cambio? (What do you think has changed you?)" I asked feeling like a shrink and inside shrinking to a bottomless pit. We reached the house, freaking speeding man, seriously. I was afraid of his answer because I knew what he was going to say, I just knew that. I went to the back of the car and Fernando gave me the most biting look I have ever seen anybody give me, "don't answer that." I immediately said as he was beginning to talk, but I cut him off before he could respond. My hands found bags and I went into the house not even waiting for Fernando, "Mami! Doctor! Ya llegamos! (Mom! Doctor! We're here!)" I yelled through the house as I set the stuff from the bags into their proper places. Fernando soon followed and put the stuff down, went back out to bring in the other bags I'm guessing. I just shrugged and kept putting the things in their places and since the doctor or my mom didn't answer, I suppose they where at the beach. I heard Fernando come back again, "quieres jugar futbol? (do you want to play football?)" He asked me. I looked at him with my mouth gaping, "no me has visto jugar..(you haven't seen me play..)" I replied as I was picking up the bags to put them all together as one. "You can't be that bad. If you can dance.. which I know you can, you know some foot work." Fernando replied. I laughed, and then nodded. "You're just doing this so you can show off your football skills." I teased him yet again, "You want to see my football skills little girl." Defeated we went to the room we where staying in and he went over to his bag to get out a football, "no puedo creer que trajiste una bola para la playa. Deveras? (I can't believe that you brought a ball to the beach. Really?)" Fernando just nodded and started kicking it softly on the floor. I walked ahead of him so he could freely kick the ball as he walked. Such a show off.. My eyes rolled as I opened the door and finally saw the beach! The sand was white and the water was a dark blue, clear, but it was just dark. I smiled so big that I basically kicked off my shoes in the fastest time and ran into the water. The waves, the air, the sand, everything was just perfect. My smile would not go away as I didn't care that I didn't have my bathing suit on, it was the freaking ocean! Something I hadn't seen in such a long time! I even splashed myself with water as I ran into the ocean, ducked my head in the water and then got out. The water felt like a thousand knives being stabbed at you, that's how cold it was, but who cared? The blazing sun helped me get warm again. I started giggling as Fernando had just seen my action. My clothes were sticking to my body and I shook it, so it wouldn't stick anymore. I wringled the water out of my shirt and then looked at him, "que? No e estado en la playa por un largo rato. (what? I haven't been at the beach for a long time.)" I said as I lightly pushed him with my hands, then I put my hair up in a ponytail even though it was way sticky. "Estas lista para jugar? (Are you ready to play?)" "Fernando! Maria Valentina!" The Doctor called us, my mom was under a canopy type thing sitting in a chair and enjoying the beach. "Mami! (Mami!)" I told her as I came to hug her, "Ay now you're all sticky darling." She said as she brushed my arms with my wetness. "Quieren que sea el arquero? (Do you want me to be the goalie?)" The Doctor asked as Fernando came over and took off his shoes and his aviators along with that, put them right next to my mom, and then he nodded. Doctor Valdez had the whole Georgey Clooney thing going on, he was tall.. just as tall as Fernando, and had grayish mixed with dark brown hair. His eyes were green and he had a long and straight nose, broad shoulders. I think he worked out.. he looked athletic enough. So the Doctor went and made a rectangle. Just enough for two people to play, "voy a ser el arquero para los dos. (I'll be the goalie for you both.)" Fernando and I nodded. He was dry. "El famoso Fernando Torres contra la pianista, Maria Valentina. (The famous Fernando Torres against the pianist, Maria Valentina.)" My mom said dramatically and I burst out laughing. There is no way that I will win.. Fernando just smiled at me, and I looked around quickly.. this must be some private beach or something because there was nobody around us.. I just shrugged and then Fernando and I went into the middle of the rectangle, "To what score are we playing at?" I asked hoping it was a low number. "three?" I nodded, this was going to be a long game. Unless I just let him beat me.. The Doctor said go, so we started, Fernando passed me the ball, "ladies first."

I started jogging while kicking the ball. I was doing really well too until Fernando came from the side and completely took the ball from me, so I ran after him and slid so he wouldn't get the goal. Fernando fell to the ground as the ball went to the side of the goals that the doctor had put. He turned around while smiling, "foul!" I laughed as I got up and dusted myself off, I was so sure that sand was everywhere on my back, but who cares! We're at the beach! The beach! Even if he won, my smile couldn't go away, I loved the smell of the salty air. Fernando's chocolate brown eyes looked at me, and then he was kicking the ball towards the goal again, this time I ran towards him and tried to get the ball from him, but he was to quick for me. He went around me and then scored on the doctor. The doctor went to get the ball while Fernando turned around and ran around me, "eso es lo que te pasa cuando haces un faul..(that's what happens when you make a foul..)" I just smiled sheepishly at him, after all it was just a game of fun. "Vas a ver niño, te voy a ganar. (You'll see Niño, I'm going to beat you.)" I sounded determined, when I had no idea what I was going to do in order to beat him. The doctor came back and then kicked the ball toward me, "Vamos Maria! No dejes que el Niño te gane! Vamos mi amor! (Let's go Maria! Don't let el Niño beat you! Let's go my love!)" My mom was cheering and I couldn't help but chuckle. Then Fernando came over to me and I ducked under him while I kicked the ball a little bit farther than I intended to. I ran towards the ball, and Fernando was right behind although he was just jogging and not running like me. All of the sudden he got in front of me and what I did next surprised me, I pretended to have kicked it to the right so he would follow it, but went to the left instead. Fernando fell for it and went the wrong way so I was able to pass him and kick it into the imaginary net. I went over to the doctor and he gave me a high five. My mom cheered and Fernando looked surprised, "que? El gato tiene tu lengua? (what? Cat got your tongue?)" I told him as I passed by him. "Si ves. Te dije que podias..(You see. I told you could could do it..)" He simply said as the doctor gave him the ball now. Now.. to take the ball away from him.. Fernando's mouth turned upwards into a smile and I got in front of him, "trata de quitarme la pelota. (try to steal the ball.)" I shook my head no, all I was doing was blocking him, or trying to. Everything was in the back of my mind at the moment and I could say that it was clear. I wasn't thinking about anything that could bring me down at the moment or at least I hoped. My mind was mush right now and it was probably because Fernando and I were so close to each other, everything became foggy and just disappeared. "You want the ball? You want it? Huh? Huh? You want it?" Fernando juggled it between his feet, I guess I could play kind of.. dirty. My face got kind of sad and I pouted a little, "yes.." Fernando seemed to stop and just stare at me, his eyes got soft again. I closed mine because I wanted to stop staring at those eyes, they were slowly making me stop breathing. I felt air around me, and then saw Fernando was already at the goal. The doctor just edged him on and he scored.

I laughed.

The trick ended up playing on me. What the lame? Fernando looked at me and jumped around. One more goal and he would win, "vamos Maria. (let's go Maria.)" The doctor cheered for me. He passed me the ball and Fernando was standing in front of me trying to block me, which worked. So I turned around, my back was to him and stuck my butt out to see what would happen. "Do you want the ball?" I asked him as I saw him from the corner of my eye. His cheeks turned a light shade of pink and he all of the sudden started coughing. Well, it sounded more like clearing his throat multiple times. I was not falling for his act so I just went around him since he couldn't stop clearing his throat and scored. This rectangle around us was not that big I noticed, but it was fun! The doctor was at least.. fifty feet away from where we would stand in the sand. Now it was tied, and Fernando was still coughing. I jogged up next to him, "estas bien? (are you okay?)" His face was getting to the strawberry color so I patted him on his back. His face looked at mine and then he nodded. I wonder why..he took a deep breath two times and finally stopped. I giggled as the ball hit my back, my foot passed it over to Fernando and he just passed me, I ran after him and got in front of him. His eyes were on the ball, strictly on the ball in front of him, I think that when he played football nothing around him mattered, the only thing that did is the ball and the goal. That's what it seemed like right now..so I just stood there and watched in amazement. My body just froze as he passed by me. There was a twinkle in his eye that I hadn't seen before this, his eyes were shinning as he played with the ball. Fernando stopped twenty feet from the doctor and kicked the ball in the goal. Then he went over to my mom and got his aviators, put them on again and,"Woo! Go Fernando! His armband proved he was a red, Torres, Torres, you'll never walk alone it said, Torres, Torres, we stole the lad from sunny Spain, he gets the ball and scores again, Fernando Torres, Liverpool's number nine!" My mom sang. What the hell..is that? I looked at my mom increduously, "what are you singing?" I asked her, while Fernando was running around me. The doctor cheered for Fernando, "it's the Torres chant from Liverpool.. Pepe had called to see how you were when you were passed out.. we got to talking and.. he told me the chant..it was sort of random really.. we were talking about Liverpool fans and how they love Pepe over there, and then he started to tell me how they go crazy for Fernando." She smiled at me. So..basically my mom knows about Fernando's career than me. How great is that. But I did know, "Well, well, well Mr. Torres. You scored your first hat trick today. What are you going to do next?" I asked him as he stopped and sat down on the sand, "el doctor y yo nos vamos para dentro. El doctor nos va a cocinar pasta.. compraron pasta verdad? (the doctor and I are going inside. The doctor is going to cook us some pasta.. you bought pasta right?)" My mom asked me as I sat down next to Fernando, sweat was forming on my face. I shook my head yes and then the doctor helped her out. Speaking of doctor.. I need to have a few words with him sometime this vacation. I didn't even know what time it was at the moment..the sun was slightly tiled from us, well, it was facing us diagonally so. I expected about.. two, maybe three. "Tengo hambre..(I'm hungry..)" Fernando said while rubbing his stomach, he was sweating too. His hair was getting wet, but it didn't look bad. I nodded, "yo tambien tengo hambre. (I'm hungry too.)" My eyes stared at the waves of the ocean, how calm it was being and the water looked so beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
with this chapter, i have over a hundred thousand words in the entire story. enjoy it.