Little Miss Blue Dress

Acid Fight -A-

"The party sucked if you want to know..but the talking. The talking I didn't expect to go as nice." I told Sergio as we were searching for colleges of the Arts in England and Spain. I needed to get in one in order to even go since I would be a transfer student and everything. I was at his house right now and it had been.. four days since the trip to the beach? Jeez, time seemed to pass by way too fast for me nowadays. It was kind of annoying. "Tell me again what happened.. I'm trying to find a freaking loop hole as to why you're so.. sad about it all." Sergio told me as he sat next to me on his couch, at his house.

So, I began to tell the tale once more to one of the fastest best friends I could ever make..

We had been in the car for about.. thirty minutes? I only looked out the window, afraid that Fernando was going to give me a sad look again and I didn't want to see that because then I know I would break down and cry.. which is what I am going to make my goal at this party. To not start crying. So, when we finally got there, I got out of the car and went over to my mom so I didn't have to see or talk to Fernando. "What's wrong dear?" I was trying very hard to keep my face composed so she wouldn't question me. "I don't know.." It was somewhat the truth, I was just feeling this way because of something that someone did. Something actually very nice. It just made me feel selfish, like I didn't deserve it or something, did he not like my work? Did he not enjoy me living in his house? That was just a weird question to ask myself.. she gave me a kiss on the cheek, "I'm sure youll figure it out. If not. I'm here to help you fix it darling." I gave her a hug, and then continued to help her to the door, while Fernando and the doctor were up ahead already at the door and ringing it. A short plump woman had come out and greeted the doctor while Fernando timidly stood behind the doctor. He was always so shy in front of people.. that's something that I constantly noticed with Fernando. He even admitted it himself.. but I couldn't talk to him.. not now. She gave the doctor a hug as well as Fernando who gave her a hug back. So, he just acted shy sometimes, but I guess the doctor gave him a homey feeling so it was okay for him to hug her? I didn't even know what I was thinking anymore, everything that had happened today was finally sinking in and it was driving my sort of close to the point of insanity. Once my mom and I reached the door, the woman looked at us, and the doctor introduced us, while I kept my eyes away from Fernando because I couldn't look at him. The doctor went inside with my mom, and the plump woman had given my mom a hug before they went inside. This woman was rather friendly, but I gave her a hug anyways. Apparently her name was Liliana Estrada, and her house was beautiful let me tell you. It was one of those that you walked in and had a staircase in the middle, really spacious. Most of it was marble floor and just.. gorgeous. I couldn't even begin to describe how everything looked, the porcelain, the vases, the furniture. So, I was alone in what I think you would call the central room since Mrs. Estrada had taken Fernando by the wrist and dragged him out somewhere; probably to meet all her guests and the fact that he was an international football star. I chuckled to myself as I thought of how shy he must be right about now, probably just smiling the smallest of smiles, blushing like a cherry and nodding every couple of seconds. I shook my head. No. I was not about to begin to think about that because it wasn't necessary and then all of the sudden everything that happened today filled my mind. The beach, the talk with Fernando, the talk with my mom, the talk with the doctor. I could shake the face of concern that Fernando had given me though. That just left me so speechless that I didn't even know what to do about it, he looked downright worried for me, the way that his eyes furrowed, and the way that his mouth turned into a small frown, his freckles, every single one of them creasing with his face. I heaved a sigh, this was going to be a long night.

I went out to the backyard where all the noise was coming from. My mom was smiling so much that I was sure she was going to be sore tomorrow from doing so, while Fernando and Mrs. Estrada were talking to a bunch of people in a group. Most of the people here were my mom and the doctor's age. So it wasn't too bad, I felt young. I was young, I knew that. Some people noticed me and smiled, I smiled back at them and then saw that there were some assorted drinks in a cooler that people were taking out of. I went over to it and opened it, saw that it was mostly beer and then realized that what I wanted was water. I don't know, it was my anti-drug. How could you possibly not like water? I had an idea since Fernando looked like he was about to drown or something, he looked uncomfortable and his lips almost formed a pout. Almost. So, even though I didn't want to talk to him that didn't mean that he still wasn't my friend.. or whatever we were. No I told myself again, I will not think about this right now. Without thinking, I made my way to where Fernando and Mrs. Estrada with my dress trailing behind me. "Hola Señora Estrada. Me puedes decir por favor donde ahi agua? (Hello Mrs. Estrada. Can you please tell me where there is water?)" The group around me had silenced and stared intently on me. My hand somehow found Fernando's wrist and it sent shocks throughout my arm. I smiled as I ignored the feeling. "Claro! En la cosina, entras y despues vas derecho hasta que llegues aya! (Of course! In the kitchen, you enter and then go all the way straight until you get there.)" I gave her a thank you and then dragged Fernando, "Si me perdonan..(If you'll excuse me..)" Fernando said as I was dragging him out of his misery. The man looked so miserable that it made me feel bad for him. Almost. As soon as we were inside I let him go, shaking the feeling of how good his skin felt. "Gracias por heso. (Thanks for that.)" Fernando said as he walked next to me to the kitchen. I didn't know what to tell him, and I didn't know what to do. "De nada. (You're welcome.)" My voice sounded strange even to me, it was weird. Once we reached the kitchen I went and started looking at the cabinets, at least it kept me from looking at Fernando. He just stopped at the door and I think he was just observing me. My body kept walking to each cabinet, and then I found the glasses. Too bad they were so high I had to get on my tippy toes to reach. Not even that, I couldn't even reach. That's when I felt someone from behind, they weren't pushed up against me, I could just feel them faintly. A much taller person had reached the glass for me. "Thanks.." I muttered as I went over to the fridge to get water. I didn't even look at him. Get a grip on yourself.. no. Wait. You can't. Boys..better word. Men.. I sighed quietly as I continued to ponder.. I've been pondering this for quite a while now.. a whole week. Why did Fernando Torres have to make me feel this way again? "Por que no me puedes hablar? (Why can't you just talk to me?)" Fernando asked silently. "..por que me estoy rompiendo..(..because I'm breaking..)" I responded him, and then left him in the kitchen. I did not want to see his reaction to what I just said because I was afraid of his reaction. Fernando must be questioning my weird mood, but I couldn't help it. I was a woman, and sometimes women couldn't be understood no matter how hard they tried to make themselves be easy to read. This was the only thing I hated about myself. The fact that nobody understood me. I can never make sense on these types of things and it bothered the crap out of me.

I needed to be alone, and I needed to go somewhere, but, "Ah! Maria come dance with me!" The doctor had told me as I was about to go upstairs. He didn't even wait for a response, he took my wrist and led me outside. I couldn't help but giggle, maybe this was the dose that I needed. Who knew that Spanish people liked Vallenatos? It's like a ballad, but not really. La Casa En El Aire was playing, and the doctor knew how to dance to this. He held me close and started, "Por que no hablas con Fernando? (Why don't you speak to Fernando?)" "Me va tocar..creo que me voy a poner a llorar si lo hago. (I'm going to have to.. I think I'm going to start crying if I do it.)" More people started dancing, now that the doctor and I were on the floor, "Por que? (Why?)" The doctor looked concerned, "por que. Nadie me ha hecho heso doctor. Nadie me habia hecho sentir esto.. no se doctor. Me hace sentir muy egoista. Como si todo es para mi.. (because. Nobody had done this for me doctor. Nobody has made me feel this..I don't know doctor. He makes me feel selfish. Like everything is for me..)" I put my head on his chest since he was way taller than me. "Ay Maria. El lo hiso por que quiso. Nadie le dijo que lo hiciera. Creo que le gustas a el. Pero mucho. (Oh Maria. He did it because he wanted to. Nobody told him to do it. I think he likes you. But a lot.)" His voice was so calm, so soothing, like Morgan Freeman on Bruce Almighty. I mean, not that deep, but that same calming effect. I felt suddenly at ease and I didn't know what to say. I sighed again, "I don't know what to do.." The song had ended and the doctor looked at me, "You don't have to know what to do every second of every day. You'll figure it out." He patted my back and I gave him a soft smile. Then I excused myself, and made my way upstairs since it looked like this house had a balcony. Hopefully it did; the weather outside was amazing and the breeze coming it was just great. I looked down at my dress and noticed that it was like a picnic table, but not. I think I might have actually pulled it off though, but not that I cared right now. I walked up the stairs and down the hallway. Looked at each room until I found the one with the balcony. I went in and noticed that this room was like a study room, it had a desk made of wood, a computer, a lamp, and a bookcase. I sure hope that the people didn't mind. I just needed some time to think. As I opened the door a breeze was blowing by making my hair go to the side while making my earrings dangle. I went over to the rail and looked up at the stars. They were so bright and far away, and I closed my eyes dreaming that I was in a fairy tale. The wind was picking up making my hair go even more wild, so I spread my arms out like a bird and let the wind pass through me. It felt so wonderful! The night, the air, the temperature, the moon, the stars everything about tonight seemed so beautiful. I could hear the cheering and the talking of people. The voices filling my ears, making me wish that it was a quiet place. It was quieter than down there, that was for sure, but I would just like to be in total silence. Then a soft ballad started playing down there. It was soothing. "Maria?" I turned around.

Fernando Torres was standing a few feet away from me.

His expression I couldn't read, but it showed that he was concerned. "Fernando.." My voice said his name quietly. His body strolled over to stand next to me, and I noticed that he had his eyes looking in front of him. "Lo siento..(I'm sorry..)" He says to me. "Por que me estas diciendo heso? (Why are you telling me that?)" I asked him as I just stared at his face. His jaw clenched, but his eyes closed, "Isn't that what you wanted?" My back was on the rail now as I stared at the floor, "no.." It was Fernando's turn to sigh, "entonces que es lo que quieres? Dime. (then what is it that you want? Tell me.)" His voice didn't sound angry, it sounded tender; like he wanted to fix it even though he didn't know what was there to fix in the first place. The wind had died down, but it was still blowing a little bit, making my dress dance around me. I grabbed it so it could stop, making me wonder what I should say, "por que pagaste por el carro? (why did you pay for the car?)" "No deverias hacer cosas que no te gustan.. tu no chocaste el carro, entonces no deverias pagar el precio. (You shouldn't do things that you don't like.. you didn't crash the car, so you shouldn't pay the price.)" Oh he was being so sweet that I didn't know whether to smile or to cry. Before I could even think of what to do my eyes started crystalizing. It was a good thing, that when I cried I didn't make a sound or else I would feel bad. Wait. You do feel bad already, that's why you're crying, thank goodness he isn't even looking at you. Too bad that I jinxed it, because right when I thought of that, Fernando was looking down at me. It was dark, no lights, except from the ones downstairs at the party. Surely, he couldn't see that I was crying. "Nobody has ever done anything like that for me.." My voice didn't crack, but it wasn't the same voice either. It was shaky and I cleared my throat a couple of times, "thank you so so much.." Then I put my hands on my face so I could wipe my tears away. "Siempre niña. (Always little girl.)" I think he thought that I was laughing or something since he chuckled, but then when I wouldn't take my hands away, I felt his body move away from mine. Two seconds later his body was now in front of me; I could feel his body heat radiating to mine. My hands were now covered by his, "que te pasa? (what's wrong with you?)" Ugh. Again with that soft voice of his that would make any girl go weak at the knees. It was a good thing that I was not any girl. Instead it made my brain turn to mush and my thinking train just crash, "no lo se. (I don't know.)" I sincerely told him as I put my hands down, his still on top of mine. My face looked up at him and then, "ay, no llores niña..no queria que lloraras. (ay, don't cry little girl..I didn't want you to cry.)" The Spaniard leaned his forehead against mine and then, "esque nadie me habia hecho halgo por mi haci.. por quere hacerlo. (it's just that nobody has ever done that for me like that.. just to do it.)" I whispered as I stared at his lips. "Tu eres..nisiquiera puedo describirlo. (You are.. I can't even describe it.)" He had said so much in such a few words that I was left speechless and then I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. There was nothing else I could do. His arms snaked around my waist making my body be glued to his as close as possible. His neck was on my shoulder, while my neck was on the curved part of his shoulder. I didn't say anything, and Fernando didn't say anything either. We just stayed there for a couple of minutes, the music downstairs was just full of freaking slow songs. Seriously? Come on! Not that Fernando was dancing with me, because he wasn't, all he was doing was just holding me. Something that I thought was never ever going to happen and something that I didn't want to end. I got on my toes and held him tighter, if that was possible. "Come with me..I'll take you to the stars." His voice whispered against my cheek, making me get goosebumps. Instead of looking up at him so we could look at each other's eyes, I put my hand on his cheek like I did the night when we slept on the same bed. My hand started rubbing his soft skin while he started humming whatever song was playing down at he party. This is where my knees would go weak, and they did. I was sliding down, but then Fernando caught me. "Woah..You okay there?" He asked. I nodded.

How can someone make you feel better in a matter of five seconds? Let alone that person make you feel like you are in the clouds and not having a care in the world?

"Creo que devemos regresar a la fiesta.. (I think we should go back to the party..)" I murmured as he was still holding me. My heart was in full acceleration mode and I was starting to shake! Not from the heat, just shaking that I could be nervous or something. What the hell? "Si. Vamos. (Yes. Let's go.)" Fernando said as we made our way downstairs and into the party. Now we were apart, and all of the sudden I missed being close to him. Fernando smelled so good. Once the door opened to the party I could not help but smile at the fact that things were okay now. Sort of..
♠ ♠ ♠
finally it's here. SO SORRY ABOUT THE WAIT. HAHA. <3