Little Miss Blue Dress

First Week

You know how I found out that blondie here was a famous soccer player and such? Natalia. I called her to tell her who I was working for and how everything was going. Then all of the sudden she just screams in the phone and is all, "Oh my. Fernando Torres! He plays for Liverpool! I know him!" Technically she didn't actually know him, but she knew who he was. Sad days. I didn't know who he was at all until that. I mean, I knew he was famous and stuff, but I didn't know how famous. If he was even famous in America. Strange. So, she immediately requested an autograph from him and I told her that I didn't want to pressure him or anything of the sort since I'm pretty sure that he gets it all the time here in Spain. Spain was a beautiful city by the way. I didn't have to work on the weekends.. not that I worked a lot. It was a very easy job, so I went sightseeing and stuff. It was fun. I met this very cute boy his name is Carlos and he has jet black hair and deep dark brown eyes. Gorgeous. I even told him so and you know what he did? He told me I was pretty too. Then we set a date to go clubbing since that's the main thing here for people to dance. I said of course. It was interesting.

So back to working easy. Got a little sidetracked there because, well what would you do in a situation like that? The man offered to show me around the city and things got rolling. One thing happened after another and before I knew it, it seemed as though we were good friends. It's not like we'll be boyfriend, girlfriend deal anytime soon. I just don't see him that way. I mean, yeah I'll most likely dance with him and we'll most likely hold hands and stuff, but that's how far it goes. Anyway. I mostly worked in the mornings, when blondie was gone and it made it so much easier because sometimes when he started at me it was as if he actually was staring at me. Not just looking, but staring. It seemed like I never payed attention to him doing that, but oh I knew. So knew. I need a question answered. If a soccer player like him is so famous and stuff.. why can't he get a better looking girlfriend? I mean. She's pretty, but she's not how do you say it? Oh yeah that's right. Social. It's like she wants Fernando all to herself and stuff, she ignores everybody around her except the people that Fernando actually knows. How awkward must his girl fans feel when they are together. Since when she first met me she looked at me like I was some disease from the other side of the world. I wonder why? Sometimes he can be a little bit of a pain in the ass because the first morning is something I won't ever forget..

I remember I was dreaming about my piano being stolen by gummy bears when all of the sudden this cold splash of water just really woke me up. I open my eyes to find myself drenched in water and fairly cold. I look to see who had done it, but there was nobody only the bucket of water was next to my bed on the ground. It had to have been him. There was nobody else living here with me. What a bag I tell you. So. I get up and go into the bathroom to change when all of the sudden it was booby trapped. The closet had mouse traps all over the floor. The shower didn't have any warm water. There weren't any towels. It must've been a really bad morning in order for me to do this bad and feel so stupid. I'm usually a morning person. He thought it would be funny if I fell and broke something. He laughed pretty hard at the end of the day when I asked him about it. Then he mocked me and said that he didn't know what I was talking about. Yeah. Whatever. What a bag! I had to clean his mess! Then again.. that was the deal for the whole house. The whole summer. With him. Ugh. This was going to take a lot of effort, but let's see. Other than that first morning he hasn't really been a pain so I guess it's okay now. Unless.

Here I was in my bathroom getting dressed for the day. Ever since he had woken me up with cold water (it turned out that the shower's cold water wasn't that bad. It felt actually very refreshing) I woke up everyday before he did so I could get some cleaning done. Usually I would put breakfast for him. Jesus, he eats like an elephant. Two eggs, three pancakes, two muffins. The list can go on. He finishes it all within twenty minutes. What a horse. Of course I've never told him that since I don't want him to mock me again. He seems to do that a lot. So anyway. Here I am thinking on how to wake him up. It's around.. what. Six in the morning? He usually wakes up at seven since practice starts at nine. He leaves one hour early so he could get there on time. That's what distance does to you. You know. I think I got the perfect idea on how to wake him up. Since he oh so loved to do it to me. I just hope that he doesn't fire me. Slowly I took my iPod speaker deal into the living room. The thing I loved about his house it was that it's all wood. No carpet except in the rooms. The living room needed some mopping to do. It was light outside the sun was rising.. I think. I don't remember. Is it the sun rises in the east and sets in the west isn't it? So I hooked it up to a cable thing and put my iPod the loudest it would go, and turned it up higher. I just haven't pressed play yet. I needed the mop and the soap and the bucket of water. The one that he used on me. It's pretty big. Oh, I had to wash my sheets because it smelled like dead water. If there is such a smell.

When I got the things I needed, I went into the living room once again.Oh. This was going to be so good. I wonder what his face will be like, since it's not nice to be woken up that way or this one. All's fair in war though right? Wrong. I felt bad, but it was the only way I was going to get him to respect me. Maybe if he gets mad at me I'll explain to him that I'm not his maid or anything like that. Which I'm not. I'd rather be called housekeeper. I don't pick up after him in his room. He does his own laundry and such. It's incredible. I've never found a man that does that, except college kids. Assholes. So. I was trying to pick a song that was loud and morning-ish so he could wake up to it. I got it! Carito by Carlos Vives. I pressed play and started mopping. The music was getting to me and I had to start moving. Latin girls usually had rhythm. This one time in my gym class we were on pep rally schedule so we didn't have to dress out at all. I took my iPod out and started dancing to it. These two guys looked at me like I was a psycho. I didn't understand. I had earphones in my ear and so they couldn't make the connection. I was getting into the song and singing along. "Carito dime que si que no me quiero morir. Carito don't tell me no que me muero por-" It was cut off so I turned around. I was almost done with the whole floor. What could I say? I mopped fast. Then I see a shirtless with shorts and a very flustered Fernando Torres. He looks at me like I'm.. I can't describe it. Not the worst thing in the world, but possibly the one before that. "Que?(What?)" I simply asked trying to play the innocent card. It seemed as if he was trying to contain himself.. which was working for the most part.

"Tu sabes que hora es? Son las seis de la madrugada nomas! Estas loca!(Do you know what time it is? It's only eight in the morning! You're crazy!)" He said towards me and I could tell that he was trying really hard to not smile. I wonder why. Sometimes I was so blind on things. "Si yo se que hora es. No soy estupida. Tu sabes que lo hice por que tu me levantastes con poniendo me agua en la cabeza? Yo no soy la que esta loca. Eres tu el loco. Tu sabes que yo hago este trabajo no mas por que mi madre quiere? Si yo pudiera escoger lo que podria hacer yo me hiria de esta casa cuanto antes.( Yes I know what time is it. I'm not stupid. Did you know that I did it because you woke me up by putting water over my head? I'm not the crazy one here. You are. Did you know that I do this job because my mom asked me too? If I could chose on what to do I would leave this house as soon as possible.)" I can't believe after only a week he was being this immature little boy. As if he was some teenager. It drove me insane. "Si. Estas aqui por que destruiste un carro oh no?(Yeah. You're here because you destroyed a car. Or not?)" That was a weak card to play. "Tu nisiquieras sabes esa parte de la historia. (You don't even know that part of the story.)" I told him sincerely. Smiling. Wanting him to keep talking. I don't know why, but a part of my body wanted to step forward until out noses would almost be touching.. well. Not really since he's freaking tall. Seriously. I've always tried to go eye level with him, but no. It just doesn't work. "Oh really? I don't know the part about you trying to cover up for your friend? The part were you took her blame for yourself?" He suddenly turned to english. For the first time I was stunned. I looked at him and it seemed as though he had taken my words out of his own mouth. Those brown eyes of him looked at me and it seemed as though it was penetrable that he was looking through me. "H-How did you know that?" Sometimes I stutter.. when I'm really nervous. "Do you seriously think that I don't listen? I hear you at night talking to your friend. Telling her that she owes you for what you put yourself in here." He simply said apologizing with his eyes. I don't understand! He's supposed to be enraged at me! I did not want this. I made a face. "Sorry. I'm oblivious to things sometimes. Sheesh. I never thought you'd be awake that late to listen to my conversations." Suddenly the anger faded from me. I wanted to stay. Something in the back of my head told me to stay. "I'm usually just laying down in bed." He spoke.

So, that's that. He simply looked at me with such a fresh face. As if he had gotten some big obstacle. Oh! Before I forget. "No le digas a mi madre eso o ella se mata sola por favor.(Don't tell my mom that or else she'll kill herself please.)" I said this in a whisper afraid that the secret between us will spill out of the windows. "Y por que no?(And why not?)" Fernando asked me. Well duh, who else would he ask? "Ella no sabe.(She doesn't know.)" I told him. "Oh. Bueno.(Oh. Okay.)" The words flowed out from his lips. This was interesting. I never knew footballers could actually understand people. Well. That was a mean thought. Kidding. The funny thing about all of this was that it was around six something and the sun was already up. I looked at him, and he looked at me. There was this.. atmosphere that was calm all of the sudden. I started to speak, but then shut my mouth up again. It was incredible that this whole thing had happened in less than an hour. Could I trust him not to tell? I guess only time will tell that fact. "Is there anything you want me to finish for you today?" I asked politely holding the mop up with both my hands as if I were dancing with it, but not. "No. You have a free day today. It's.. what day today?" He likes to ask a lot of questions. "Er. Saturday." You know his english was very good for a spanish soccer player that mostly speaks spanish since he lives in Spain. That was just a dumb thing to think. "Tienes los fines de semanas libres.(You have the weekends free.)" His eyes bored into mine.

I smiled at him flashing my sparkling pearls. I stretched my arms up to the sky so I could stretch my body and without noticing my shirt had gone up a little showing my stomach. Something weird about it, is that it looks like I have abs, but I really don't. I can't ever get it to be flat. I didn't pay attention to it really, but out of the corner of my eye I saw his eyes travel to it. Was he checking me out? I wonder. I wonder a lot of stuff I noted. My eyes traveled to his revealed chest and noticed that he had tattoos for the first time. Tattoos are yucky, but he makes them look like yucky is amazing. I do think he was very attractive, but nothing would ever happen between us since he has a girlfriend already. I'll just have to be with Carlos or something. Nah. I can never think of Carlos that way. We're just friends. We'll stay friends. That reminded me. I needed to call him to see if he wanted to go to the club tonight or tomorrow night. Clubbing here was different than in America. When the clubs over there closed at two, they opened here at two. Fernando looked at me and then waved a hand in front of my face, even though we were feet apart. My head snapped back to reality. "Yes?" I asked him still in a daze of the whole clubbing thing. "Que vas hacer esta noche?(What are you going to do tonight?)" Uh. Why did he care? "Probablemente ir a un club con unos amigos que conoci aqui. (Most likely go to a club with a a bunch of friends that I met here.)" His face was in a blank stare. I don't know what to make of that. "Oh. Just asking." I like the fact that he switched from spanish to english. It made me work my tongue. That sounded so wrong.

This was going to be fun.