Little Miss Blue Dress

Te Dejo Madrid -A-

Minutes turned into hours which turned into days that turned into weeks that has turned into a month. One entire month and I still have not spoken to him. It hurts. Sergio Ramos and Pepe Reina keep the pain away, they are the ones I speak to the most. Did I mention that my roommate is a football fanatic? She loves it so much that her daddy is one of the commentators for each game. Her daddy happens to be working at Liverpool and I have not told her that I happen to know some of the key players on that football team. It was so interesting the way I met my roommate. I did not even know she was until I walked in my room with her...[br]

"Pepe, I'm scared," my voice was shaking as I spoke to him on the phone. He was already in Liverpool and everything since they had to train early and whatnot. "Muñeca, no necesitas por que tener miedo. Vas hacerlo super bien. (Doll, there is no need for you to be scared. You are going to do it super well.)" Pepe, like Fernando was understandable as to why I had not told him. He just understood me like that. As Pepe reasured me I could not help but smile and say, " Es bueno que no estas tan lejos por que te extraño mucho. (It is good that you are not that far because I miss you a lot.)" "Yo tambien te extraño mucho muñeca. No mas tienes que decir cuando quieres que vaya por ti y ahi estare. O Yolanda. (I miss you a lot too doll. You only have to tell me when you want me to go and I will be there. Or Yolanda.)" "Ay! Gracias Pepe! (Oh! Thanks Pepe!)" I squealed on the phone. I laughed since people started staring at me. It was early in the morning around nine or something like it. "Why are you at the university so early?" "They are holding try-outs for the music program and I need to come in." "You play an instrument? How wonderful!" I laughed since I never realized that I never told them that I played and instrument. "Pepe, me tengo que ir, estoy en registracion. (Pepe, I have to go, I am at registration.)" "Bueno muñeca, tu puedes! Te veré pronto! (Alright doll, you can do it! I'll see you soon!)" I hung up the phone and went inside the register's office to see what was in for me.

This is going to go rather well I hope. I walked inside into an office that was somewhat circular. There were a lot of pictures of different instruments all over the place. Then I saw the piano one and simply stared at it. Oh piano! How I miss you so! I will soon get to play you again. I went up to the lady and she told me that I need to go to the auditorium to try out. here I was, two weeks before school started. "How many people are trying out?" I asked her. She was really nice and smiled at me. "About five? You are the first one to go. You should head over there soon. It should start in an hour. Here. This is the best way you should go." She got out map and drew a line from where we were to where I was supposed to go. I thanked her and went on my merry way. I followed the map and was there in a little over ten minutes. My feet walked inside and I looked at the auditorium. It was pretty nice, like a downgraded version of Carnegie Hall. I saw the judges up in the middle section of the orchestra. I went up to them and smiled. "Maria Valentina Pradera?" The lady that was sitting in the middle asked me. I nodded and shot her a smile. "You may go into the practice room to practice and have about thirty minutes to do so. What song will you be playing for us?" "Clair De Lune." I stated. Then they just stared at me and all three of them smiled. I giggled and walked away to the practice rooms. I heard people practicing in quite a few of them. They must be the other four that are trying out as well. Watch them turn out to be pros at this since they probably know how the system works. Oh, I will be so nervous! I went into a room and it had a piano. Thank goodness. It would be weird if it didn't then again. The room was small, the piano took most of the space which was fine with me. I just had to warm my fingers up before I went on the stage.

How typical. To make the foreigner be the first person to play. I hope the other people that were trying out didn't play piano as mean as that sounded. I mean, I want to get into this program. It's very important to me. I read on the website that it was also famous for singers and songwriters. Basically every single type of different artists that you could possibly think of. I couldn't really think of many since my brain was mush. Only because of everything that has happened. I shook my body to release the tension that all of the sudden I got. Since I was about to try out for this university you know. Why the heck did Sergio pick this one again? I wonder.. I needed to ask him. It was his idea for me to come to this school. All of the sudden I felt stupid for letting him mess with my future. My emotions are getting the better of me. He didn't do anything wrong at all! He was just trying to help me! He did. Sergio Ramos is a very good friend to me and I should be thankful. I sat down and hovered my hands over the keys. My eyes closed and I began to play.The music was flowing swiftly, my hands were a bit tight. I stopped playing and cracked my knuckles. Shook my hands. Waved them around and then my phone started ringing. Who is it this time? I took it out of my bag and looked at it. Sergio Ramos. "Halo?" I say to him. "Hola linda! No mas te queria decir suerte en tu audicion. Se que lo vas a acer muy bien. (Hey pretty girl! I just wanted to tell you good luck on your audition. i know you are going to do it very well.)" Somehow those words seemed to click in my head and I believed him. Pepe seemed to just call everybody and their mom about my whole playing piano. Except Fernando knew about it.. he saw me play."Thanks Sergio! Shouldn't you be practicing?" I asked giggling. "Yes.. I just got to the locker rooms. Talk to you later babes." "Bye my querido. (Bye my darling.)" I said and then closed the phone. I closed my eyes once again and took a very deep breath. Exhaling very slowly I started playing once again and made it flow more. Thank goodness or else it would sound so stiff at the audition. Clair De Lune by Debussy was the first hard song I learned to play. Then I learned to play the Beethoven ones after that one, is just that grandma loved that one so much that she begged me to learn it. I only just finished learning it a couple of years ago.My mom put me in piano classes ever since I was three. Thank goodness for that since she wanted me to love something more than anything. I love piano more than anything and it saved my life. If she hadn't put me in my piano classes then I would be like those girls in the lifetime movies. Having some weird disorder and ending up taking drugs and being a prositute. Thank you mother for putting me in piano class.

A knock at the door. "Time's up lad. Break a leg." The person said.

That was way too fast! No! I didn't have enough time to practice.. or did I? I had practiced for forty minutes straight? At Juilliard they made us practice at least two to three hours, maybe more. I practiced more than that. When I was newer at the university I practiced until my fingers bled. That's how devoted I was to my piano. Then Natalia crashed the car and well you know the rest. It was funny though, that playing piano is just exactly like learning how to ride a bike. I sighed and got up from the piano, putting my phone on silent before I embarrassed myself in public by having my mom call me or something. That would be the worst. Smiling to myself I walked out of the room and went back on to the auditorium where there was a piano in place. How many pianos do they have? This was a music school so I only guessed a lot. I looked at the judges and pretended that we were old friends so that I wouldn't get so nervous. They looked at me and the woman said, "Whenever you are ready Miss Pradera." I never noticed how thick her accent was. I nodded and then noticed four other people sit a few rows behind them. Two girls and two boys oh boy oh boy! How wonderful! I have an audience which should make it more nerve racking. I sat down on the piano, sighed and began to play. My mind clouded over with the various events that happened this summer. Most of them including Fernando of course.. it was just so. Easy to be with him. It couldn't be that easy could it? I was supposed to be angry with him.. Then my mind went back to my birthday. The day after, how I was lost in the crowd and we were there. Together. He had somehow found me through the sea of people. I don't know how he did, but he did it anyway. When he grabbed my hand I felt a thousand jolts had shot through my body. My hands hovered over the piano once again and I began playing that same familiar song that I learned a few years ago.People get surprised when I tell them that I've been playing piano for a long time. It's just that I love the thing so damn much. Ever since I learned how to play my first song which was Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I've always wanted to get better. I challenged myself to play songs that supposedly you didn't know how to play until you were older. Playing piano would be the only thing that kept me happy besides my mother. Mom would usually be fighting with father about something ridiculous. I would just practice and practice thinking that if I played well for them then they would stop fighting and you know. Happy family. Too bad it didn't work out that way.