Little Miss Blue Dress

Te Dejo Madrid -C-

"Congratulations. Everybody has made it into the music program. We'll see you guys in two weeks." The lady said suddenly with all the seriousness gone from her face. She smiled at all of us and everybody clapped. We got out of the auditorium and I made my way to registration,Madeline decided to come with me and she said that we would meet up with everybody later since she wanted to help me get settled in my own room and help me out. I thought it was very kind of her. Andrew seemed to linger around and he grabbed my elbow as Madeline kept walking, "you are beautiful." He said to me. I smiled and said thank you to him. "I'll catch you later." I told him as I went to catch up with Madeline. "To tell you the truth, I'm kind of excited that I met you. It's been a very long time since I met someone normal other than myself. Matthew, Andrew and Erika are a bunch of crazy people. They did some good to me though, so that's nice. Still. So nice to meet you." Madeline sounded like the quiet type. "I'm excited as well." I assured her. Once we got to the registration office, I asked the lady where my dorm was and she got my information. Before I could even read it it was snatched from my hands and Madeline stole it. "Guess what?" She asked me. I gave her a questioning look. "We're roommates." She said. "No way!" She showed me and apparently we were. This is going to be fun, I could tell. Grabbing my wrist, Madeline took me to our room and I had my luggage to take with me, which was only one bag. So, once we got to our room the first thing I see on the wall is a Liverpool flag. Hurray I set my stuff down on the opposite bed with the Liverpool everything. This girl breathed Liverpool. I could only smile. I didn't know what to say. Should I even tell her that I know their number nine striker? That I know their keeper? Maybe I'll just keep quiet about it. It's better that way.. isn't it? I put my stuff down and we decided to go catch up with the other people but then my cell phone started ringing again.

Mom. "Hola mami! Estoy en el programa! Te quiero mucho! Conoci personas muy cheveres. (Hey mom! I got in the program! I love you! I met cool people.)" I told her as we made our way out. Madeline seemed amused at my talking in a different language. Mom told me it was amazing and that she loved me as well. She just wanted to check on me and to see how I was doing since we hadn't talked for a couple hours because of the whole airplane and airport deal. We both hung up and then another ring. The Campeones song began playing and I knew who it was already. I picked it up and said, "entre! entre! (I got in! I got in!)" "Que bueno muñeca! Ya terminamos por el dia y nos fue bien. (That's good doll! We finished for the day and it went well.)" He said to me. Pepe Reina was one of the reasons why my life was amazing. I decided to ask about that blond guy since nobody has told me that he was okay or not. "Y como esta ese chico. (And how is that boy?)" He knew who I was talking about. I hope. "Esta cansado. Cansado con su relación con Olalla. Es lo unico que me a dijo. Creo que ya no van a estar juntos por fin. No se. Es como si ella es la que quiere irse, pero despues cambia su actitud completamente. Es muy raro. Entonces el esta cansado. Y. Me dijo que te extraña. (He's tired. Tired of his relationship with Olalla. It's the only thing that he told me. I don't think they will be together anymore. It's as if she wants to leave, but then she changes her attitude completely. It's really peculiar. So he's tired. And. He told me he misses you.)" The wind had been knocked out of me. He missed me? Really? I wanted to shout to the world with happiness. Thank goodness I wasn't the only one. "Really?" I couldn't really say anything else since I didn't really believe him. "Si muñeca. En serio. (Yes doll. Really.)" I told Pepe I had to go. He said he would call me later and that he would plan to come see me or something. I agreed and then hung up the phone. Madeline seemed amused still and then asked me, "he sounds like a good friend." I nodded in agreement to her statement. We got out of the university and went to a local restaurant that was nearby with the gang. "So Maria. I like saying your name.. Maria! Maria.. Maria." Erika kept saying as she giggled. I laughed with her as Andrew said, "Sod off it. You're scaring the poor girl. As a new member of our group, we would like you to do something for us. Everybody had to do something extremely embarrassing in order for us to be able to laugh at them. It's just the most proper way to include someone in isn't it?" I could only nod. "Matthew here thought of the most excellent idea. Why don't you tell her Matt?" Erika nudged him as Matthew came by and sat down. "What?" He asked as he looked around the table. "You know. Your perfect plan for Maria to embarrass herself." "Oh yes. You must put on my taco suit and dance in the middle of this restaurant.. tomorrow." Well knowing me, I can dance anywhere, but in a taco suit? That should be interesting. I gulped and looked around timidly as my hair went around my face. "Sure.." I said.

So we ordered our food and I checked the time on my watch. Five already? How did time keep happening so fast? My head was thinking about how tired I was all of the sudden. I needed to be alone for at least a couple of hours.. to think. About what? Who knows? It's just something that I needed to do since I haven't had time to myself in a while. "I'll see you guys tomorrow okay?" I said getting up, but someone spoke in, "do you need me to take you to your dorm?" It was Andrew. I shook my head, "Nah that's okay. I'll see you." Then I walked out of the restaurant. I walked back to the campus which was a short walk. Never noticed that the campus was in the city. The campus was big, a lot of trees which was nice. The clouds were coming in which made it seem like it was about to start raining, but it didn't. It was just cloudy. I sat down on a bench and sighed.

Why was this so difficult?

Why was it so difficult to pick up the phone and call him? I almost forgot what his voice sounds like. If it wasn't for that deep sound, then I would have forgotten completely. I don't even understand why I was thinking of him right now. Well, I never not think about him, but what confuses me the most about all of this is that I'm okay with that. Even though he has a girlfriend whom he's known for most of his life. This was wrong. Beyond wrong. I put my face in my hands seeing as that was the only thing that would give me comfort. We were just friends? That was a big fat lie. There was something there and he knows it just as much as I do. I took my phone out and found his number under Niño. All I had to do was press the send button, but I didn't. I just stared at the number realizing that I never took a picture of him. He took one of me at the carnival thing. I remember when he gave me that smile.. I groaned and closed my phone. Why did he have to do this to me? He didn't even know what was happening inside my head and he had to go and be super nice to me when he didn't have to. I sighed one more time as I headed back to my dorm and get myself ready for school. Here goes to the next two weeks without doing anything!

***

We're sitting here in a lounged area just talking when Madeline walks in super chirpily and smiling all over the place. "What gives Madeline?" Matthew asks as he shoots the white ball in billiards. "You'll never guess.. my father got sent to go to the Sunderland game versus Liverpool. I guess they're giving him a promotion or something because he never goes to the away games! So. He got us. Free tickets! Unless you Manchester and Chelsea fans don't want to go.." She said squealing while jumping up and down. "You guys can go ahead. I'll stay here with Erika since she knows who's the better team. Manchester United is an upgrade from Liverpool. Just sayin'." This is the part where they would begin arguing, but Madeline just dragged Andrew and myself out of the lounge since apparently the game was today. It was currently noon, but Madeline insisted that we get ready since it's only an hour and a half away. "We can leave later though.." Andrew said as we made our way to the dorms. It turns out Madeline was a very cool person to share a room with. She was like me in the sense were we always didn't need to talk a lot of the time. She would be in her own space and I would be in mine. So we reached her room and she turned around and was all, "you don't even understand! The players might be practicing when we get there and we might have a chance to meet them! You never know!" "Besides.. it takes you forever to get ready anyway so might as well start now." I said as I went and sat down on my bed. Andrew sat down on the chair that was next to me and then Madeline of course had to complain. "You can't go in that." I was wearing comfortable clothing and she has to go and insult me about it. "Why not? I think I look adorable." I joked. "We're going to a game full of British people. British people who are very passionate about football. You will get murdered." She said in a tone that made you want to go and hide. "I don't have anything red.. or white.. or gray.. whatever!" I said as I squirmed in my seat. "It just so happens that I do. This is me we're talking about." She said as she pulled out a red Liverpool shirt.