Little Miss Blue Dress

Chapter 19- Surprises with Babysitting (part one)

Two weeks into school and I was already tired out. What kind of school was this? I was so busy that I didn't even have time to sleep. That's how much I was busy. The interrogation wasn't that bad, I told them what they wanted to know and it was the basics.. you know. How did you meet him? Where? When? How long have you known him? Do you know any other football players? Well the first question led to the last one since I had to explain to them that I worked for one of the most famous footballers in Europe. Their eyes almost popped out. I laughed at them because it was a pretty funny sight to see. I thought it was funny how people who weren't famous treated 'celebrities' like they were. They're regular people on the inside. On the outside it's quite different, but that's what the public wants to see. I sighed as I began to tell them the story, just took the Fernando out of the story. It wasn't hard since all I said was that I met Pepe Reina through him.. but then they asked me how I met Fernando. I said that my mom's friend's friend knew him and I met him. That somehow made sense to them, so I didn't further the matter. It's not that I didn't want to tell them, it's just that.. they would then ask more questions. If this is how celebrities have to deal with the papparazzi then I did not want to be a part of it. I just didn't. It was not something that I intended to happen to me. It just did. Why? Grr. I hate that question. They seem to take it pretty well so after I told them mostly about Pepe and such they agreed to keep it on the down low since it wasn't everyday that you met someone that knew celebrities from the sports world. I thanked them. After that we came back to the dorms and chilled for a bit. Then they left and I could finally go to bed and think to myself. It turned out to be a bad idea..

Two weeks of the same schedule, go to classes then practice piano for two to four hours, it ended up being close to one in the morning every night with the homework that I had to do, and then I had to wake up at eight every day. A lot of the time I had lunch with the friends that I have made.. and you won't guess what happened. So I was with Madeline sometime last week and we were looking at the bulletin board for some extra curricular activities because she needed one of those for the major or something of the like. She told me that she needed a sport one and I was looking and only found the usual ones. Swimming, tennis, basketball.. and then Madeline squealed like a little girl and pointed at one. I looked at her and then I read it, I shook my head no, and then she yelled, "you know we have to try out!" I shook my head again, "no we don't. Let's do something easy.. if you're making me go with you.. or do this with you.. and you know you want me too.. please?" I asked her in my most sweetest voice ever. Madeline looked at me and then said, "let's just try out.. for fun?" "Do you have any idea what this is going to do to me? With classes and practice and now this? Seriously?" "Oh, don't get your knickers in a twist, if I can do it. You most certainly can!" Madeline said. I dropped my head in defeat and Madeline looked happy. I was only doing it to be nice.. I just didn't think that we'd actually get in. So. What did we get into? Football. That's right, we got into the second string of girls football of our school. Madeline actually got in the first team, but I just got in as the last straw. Thank goodness. I was just required to go every game and sit on the bench. I didn't think that I could actually make it either. I hadn't trained for it and didn't even know how to play. The coach just said that I had a lot of enthusiasm and a lot of positiveness.. something that this team lacked apparently. So. Now. I was in football practice in the morning until whenever, and then I had to practice for piano and then do my homework. Right now, I'm only getting from three to five hours of sleep per night. It is not enough. Specially with a recital that's coming up that I got put to play for the dancers in the school. So that was new music that I had to practice for. Someone kill me.

So it was Wednesday now and I was seriously thinking about skipping practice and sleep in since everything this week was stressing me over. I haven't even kept up with Pepe or anybody because I was so busy. Did this happen? No. Madeline had come knocking on my door to wake me up and tell me that we had a game that day. All the way in Liverpool. Great. I opened the door for her to come in and then my phone started ringing. Who could be calling me at eight in the morning? Class didn't start until ten, and we didn't have training because we were going to be traveling all the way over there to play their team. Well, they were going to play, not me. I was just going to sit on the bench and watch them play. I pick up my phone without looking and said, "halo?" "Que milagro! Como estas? (What a miracle! How are you?)" Pepe Reina said to me. I laughed. "Oh! Yo estoy bien, cansada, y tu Pepe? (Oh! I'm well, tired, and you Pepe?)" At the sound of that name Madeline looked at me and sat down listening to our conversation. Ay. "Yo estoy bien.. no mas extrañandote. Cuando vas a venir? (I'm well.. just missing you. When are you coming?)" A lightbulb had gone off in my head. "Actually. I'm on the girls' football team here, and we're playing at Liverpool today.. if you want to come watch me sit on a bench. Haha. Madeline will play though so you can watch her." I told him. "We have practice until one.. what time is your game?" "I have no idea..Here talk to Madeline." I handed her the phone and went to grab clothes to take a shower. Sweats and a t-shirt was the only way to go. Madeline began speaking to Pepe as I made my way to the bathroom.. a certain blond haired Spaniard in my head. I haven't spoken to him in so long.. I miss him. I dropped my head in shame as I turned on the water and stripped my clothes. The water felt so good against my skin, burning hot since it would relax my muscles. Training has made me so sore. Lately it has taken me forever to get out of bed and wake up. Since it's getting harder and harder to do so. I have not had an all nighter yet, but I can tell that it is coming. Once I was done getting ready and walked out the door, Madeline told me that Pepe should be able to go to the game and that he wants to see us after and all that good stuff. I just hope he did not bring anybody with him. Unless it was his wife Yolanda and their children.. that was okay. They are so adorable. I got my bag full of the stuff I needed for the game and some homework in case I wanted to work on it and not be bored during the bus ride. It should be about an hour only, but still.. an hour can feel like an eternity. I'll most likely take this hour to take a nap since I am lacking sleep. Madeline followed me out of the room and then we went to the bus and saw our coach. Her name was Elizabeth Sturgess. She was this typical lady, but she had so much passion for our team. It was awesome that she was willing to go through such extreme measures for it. I really liked her, she was super nice to the whole team. Oh the team.. the first string was such a bitch.

I didn't like the first team since they all acted high and mighty because they were in the first string.. not that they have won any games. Madeline was the only one that was nice but that was a given since she was my friend. Everybody from second string was super awesome, I mean just because we were all in the same boat didn't mean that they had to act all nice. It was like Bend It Like Beckham to me what with them always being active and giving it their all. Second string should really be first string but whatever, if coach believes that first string is there for a reason then be it. I went and sat in the back while looking at my phone. I needed to call mom hence I haven't spoken to her in a while.. mostly since school started, but I have just been ultra super busy. I do not even understand why we were going so early.. the game was not until sometime after noon. I think it's because coach wanted us to run some drills or something.. ugh. I really didn't want to today. Out of all the days.. the weather was so glum, I bet you it was going to rain today. It had not been raining here at all, most of the time it was just cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain, but it never did. It was somewhat chilly some days but then other days it felt great. Today was one of the cold days unfortunately. Specially because it was windy.. and the clouds were really dark today. I could already tell that this game was going to be really intense. I took out my pillow and snuggled up to it getting ready for my nap, but then, "Alright girls! Listen up! When we get there we will be practicing until the game, second string will practice with us, but you won't actually play in the game seeing as the other team can't even afford to have a second string, you guys win by forfeit." The coach said. I smiled, yes! Now I can just catch up on my homework and everything will be alright. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep..then someone was shaking me, "what?" I asked groggily. I rubbed my eyes with my hands and then I heard, "we're here! Our first game can you believe it?" Madeline said a little too happily. I don't even know where this girl gets her enthusiasm.. I really despised how the weather affected my mood. As we made our way out of the bus and onto the soccer field I noticed that the clouds might have gotten darker if that was possible. I'm kinda glad that I did not have to go to class today since I had a game.. Andrew was creeping me out a little bit to be honest. Every second he got he would always talk to me and ask me if I wanted to go hang out or something. I would, of course, always tell him no because I had to practice which was true. I have not been able to hang out with my friends for a while because of this training and practicing the piano for the recital. It was driving me nuts.. I needed a vacation really bad, and it had only been two weeks! This was insane.. I should have never tried out. Why am I such a nice person when it comes to other people? Madeline shook me from my thoughts, "I am so excited! Oh, cheer up love, you get to watch me kick their arse and besides.. Pepe Reina is going to be here!" She whispered the last part since we did not want any of our peers to know that Liverpool's goalie was going to show up to a game that I was not going to play in.