Little Miss Blue Dress

Chapter 19- Surprises with Babysitting (Part two)

Once we made our way to the locker rooms to put our stuff away, I noticed my phone was light up. That familiar song began to play while everybody looked around to see whose phone it was. I quickly put it up to my ear, "Sergio! Como estas? (Sergio! How are you?)" I asked happily as I talk to my friend that I haven't heard of in a while. Two weeks is a while in my book.. don't even get me started on that striker. It's been what.. a month and a half? I blocked that out of my mind as Sergio spoke, "I'm rather good. Just playing you know. The Usual. How has my best friend been? I haven't heard from you in a while." "I'm so exhausted Sergio. With practice and classes it's just overkill right now. I'm only getting five hours of sleep at night and I'm getting very cranky. It is not a pleasant sight." I told him as I yawned while changing onto my sports bra. " It's tough being a musician I hear. You'll get through it, I know you are a strong girl." "You always know what to say. I miss you!" I told him as I was putting my things up. "Yo tambien linda. Pero no se.. depronto me vez lo mas pronto que piensas. (Me too pretty girl.. I don't know maybe you'll see me before you know it.)" This boggled me. "What?" "Me tengo que ir linda! Te hablo despues! (I have to go pretty girl! I'll talk to you later!)" Well that was just weird, I put my things in my locker that was designated for me and made my way out onto the field. Madeline was already out there training since she loved the sport way too damn much. That girl needs to take a vacation from this too. All she breathes is football if it wasn't for school she would probably be a footballer. I saw that all the other girls were training as well and I went over to talk to the coach, "Hey Mrs. Sturgess? I was wondering if I could train with the first string today?" I don't know what made me say that at all, but I just wanted to work out. Maybe it would get the stress away and not think about that striker for a bit. I have no been able to get him off my mind ever since the airport incident. I wanted to call, I really did, but then I chickened out.. I didn't do anything wrong.. he was the one that put the move on me. "Yeah, that's fine." She said to me, but before I could go out there and kick the ball that a spasm shot through my body. What the heck? Then another one. I quickly ran into the tunnel and then my body wouldn't stop. Multiple spasms shot through my body and I started shaking, then I fell to the ground. My mind was blurred and I started shaking violently. I couldn't stop myself and I kept shaking. My head shook a little as I closed my eyes and grunted. As soon as it came, it stopped. I noticed that my head was sweating. Wiping away the sweat I stoof up and straightened myself out before going out there. What the heck was that? I shook it off and went over to kick the ball to Madeline. My face must have been tensed up because Madeline looked at me with concern. I shook my head and smiled.. she seemed to buy it. I was worried whatever had just happened to me. What was it? I needed to call mom and tell her as soon as I could and for that matter the gray skies were not helping.

It was noon now and I had to sit down because coach said I looked a little pale and she did not want me to get sick. She was a very nice coach in some ways.. in other ways she was hardcore about what she did. Everybody took a break to go and eat something small since they had to play in about an hour or so. I had looked around and saw that Pepe was still not here. Not a lot of people were in the stands anyway. I just couldn't shake the feeling that something wrong was going on.. you don't just start shaking like that and then randomly stop. My eyes were looking at the ground when I heard someone call my name. I looked up and turned around to see who it was and when I did. I could not believe my eyes. I rubbed them together to make sure that I was not dreaming. He was standing on the first stands in the bleachers and shot me a smile. My eyes lit up as I half walked half ran over to him. Sergio Ramos was here in Liverpool to watch the game. "Sergio.. what are you doing here?" I asked him as he enveloped me in a hug. I hugged him tightly as he responded, "Pepe called to tell me that you had your first game today and I really could not believe what I was hearing so I had to come and see for myself, plus I missed you. So yeah.." He said as I smiled. "Estas loco muchacho! No tenias que venir! (You're crazy boy! You didn't have to come!)" I could not believe that Sergio Ramos flew to watch me sit on a bench. It was unreal and all I could do was look at him. "You look a little thin.. have you been eating?" He asks me as he looks me up and down. I nodded, "si. I told you, I'm just stressed out. I'm really tired. I need a vacation." I laughed as I zipped my jacket up. I'm telling you, the clouds were waiting for us to start the game and it would rain. Sergio then began to tell me how he was doing with Natalia. Surprisingly well as a matter of fact. I smiled since I haven't been able to talk to her for a while because of the time difference and her going to school as well. I did not want to distract her or anything.. that's a lame excuse. So many things to do so little time! "Well I have to go or else people will get suspicious and wonder who you are.." Sergio was wearing a hat and his hair was in a ponytail so he could be less recognizable here in Liverpool, England. I guess it sort of worked since nobody was wanting to take a picture with him.. then again, this place was mostly empty. Sergio laughed and then went to sit on the stands. "Who was that?" Madeline came up out of nowhere.. such a ninja. "I'll tell you later." I winked at her and then noticed that the team from Liverpool had arrived and where getting ready to warm up. I could tell this was going to be a very interesting game. Right as the whistle blew, the rain started to pour down like pissing rain.

**

"I told you! I was going to sit on the bench the entire game. Although I kept yelling at the stupid ref." I complained to Madeline as we made our way out of the tunnel to see Pepe. He had gotten here five minutes before the game started and clearly saw Sergio so they sat together and watched the game.. I kept turning around to see if they were talking about the game or actually watching. They were doing both. Sergio and Pepe had come down from the stands as the rest of our team cheered. Yeah, they won 1-0 and it was a pretty good game. "It's okay Maria. The second team didn't even play, so you did your part which was support us." Madeline said as we made our way to Pepe. He was just wearing a hat, surprisingly nobody seemed to notice. "Madeline, meet Sergio Ramos. Sergio Ramos, meet Madeline." I said to each of them as I introduced them. Pepe gave me a hug while he said hello. "Nice to meet you Madeline." Madeline seemed like her world had just been made.. maybe it has. I looked at her and closed her mouth for her since it seemed like she was about to drool any moment now. I laughed at her and then continued to talk to Sergio and Pepe in Spanish while Madeline composed herself, "oye has hablado con Fernando? (Hey have you spoken to Fernando?)" Sergio asks me out of the blue. No "No. He hasn't talked to me either." Was all I said. I really wasn't up for talking about this, but if they were going to bring it up, I'm not gonna argue. The guy hasn't even called me.. I guess it's both our faults? I don't know! It's complicated. "Why not muñeca?" Pepe asked me. I noticed that he sounded like he had been wanting to ask me for a while, but he held back. Good man. "Because he is busy? I don't know.. you did not see him the last time I talked to him. He was taking out his anger on her.. which I made him angry..not that I meant to." I told both of them, Madeline seemed like she was thinking about what we were talking about.. good thing Andrew was not here or else it would be awkward. I would tell her about Fernando, just not at this moment. "Yeah and he feels bad about that. When it comes to this kind of stuff, Fernando does not know how to man up and grow a pair. He's stubborn and always thinks that he's right, but in this case..he was wrong. So very wrong." Sergio said. We started making out way out since the stadium was completely empty now. Coach said we had to be at the bus thirty minutes after the game, so we were just taking our time. Madeline said that she needed to go to the bathroom, so we all just stood there waiting for her. "He keeps thinking of ways to talk to you, because his mood has affected his game.. I think it's because he missed you a lot muñeca." Pepe told me. I did not know what to say that, so I just said, "well. I do not know what to do either because I have school and things to keep track off.. and I just don't know!" Then Pepe said something extremely random, "You want to take care of the girls this weekend? You seem awfully stressed out.. so Yolanda and I can go on a getaway for the weekend. That would be nice, don't you think?" I nodded and told him yes. That sounded so good! "Excellent! So I'll pick you up Friday night and you will stay until Sunday. Sound good? We don't have a game this weekend so it's kind of nice to get a tiny break." Sergio just looked at me silently, I stared back at him and we were having a silent argument between our stares. I was sure he was thinking that I should talk to Fernando, but I was not ready even though I missed him so much..