Little Miss Blue Dress

Cleaning and Blushing

How hard was it to clean a two story house? Did I mention that his house was big? Really big? It was extremely hard let me tell you. I scrubbed every inch of that tile floor and left it really nice. Gosh, I am so wiped out. Anyway. So. I have to tell you what happened before we even began cleaning the house and such. I was just sleeping all nice and soundly, when I hear music coming from the bathroom. My iPod. I woke up startled and then recognized the song. My hands were rubbing my eyes and I yawned while I did that. Seriously, did he think that he could just wake up to nothing and such? Does he not think that there is someone else in here with him? Whatever. The song that was playing was called Ya Nada Volvera Ser Como Antes by El Canto Del Loco. I didn't know the words, but I started making the bed. The couch was actually very comfy and it seemed as though he had slept well. I'm thankful that he doesn't snore at all or else I would've had to just go outside and sleep in the hallway. I'm a light sleeper unless I'm super tired. So. Anyway, I made the bed and then the song changed to something more upbeat. This was called Wannabe by the Spice Girls. I started singing and dancing to that. This was my morning call. I laughed as I spun around and sang with the girls. I layed down on the bed and looked up to the ceiling. It wasn't high, but it wasn't low either. Then I heard a door open and the steam come out of it. I sat up and saw that he was only wearing a towel. Oh my. I looked up at the ceiling again and waited for him to say something. "Has visto mi maleta? (Have you seen my bag?)" He asked me while looking at me. I didn't look at him because if I did, I sure as heck would do something that I didn't want him to see. "No." I replied. Talk about a good morning or a hello. It seemed that he had found it because the door closed again. I sighed. Do not even think about it. I told myself. We could play games though. Okay. No. I have morals. So anyway. A few minutes later he came out fully dressed. In jeans. Who actually thought that he had a body? What the heck?! He's a football player! He has to have one. He looked at me and for the first time ever smiled at me. I looked away, got up and told him I had to take a shower as well. He complained. "You took a shower last night!" "Y que? Quiero tomar otra. (So? I want to take another one.)" I told him as I closed the door. Could he have more of an ego? Just because things don't go his way doesn't mean anything. I took only ten minutes anyway and he was looking flustered. "What?" I said as I got out of the bathroom with my stuff. "Estuviste rapida. (You were fast.)" He got up and opened the door. I looked at him and started laughing. Loudly. Seriously. This guy was cracking me up like an egg.

He looked at me like I was insane. Which made me laugh even more. "De que te ries? (What are you laughing at?)" Fernando asked me. I caught my breath and told him, " Tu no me conoces bien. Tienes que conocerme para entenderme. Me haces reir mucho. (You don't know me very well. You need to get to knoe me. You make me laugh a lot.)" I told him as we made our way down the elevator. Then I stopped and looked at him. He looked at me and seemed to want to say something, but I just looked away. You know, I couldn't tell him that I thought he was really good looking or else it would be weird. Well, at least I think so and he's my boss out of all people. Shouldn't that stand for something? I believe it should. "Te callaste. (You shutted up.)" He noted. "Pensando no mas. (Just thinking)" I said to him as the elevator was going down. You know. I never noticed how deep his voice was until right then. It was just the fact that it was quiet, and it somehow sent butterflies to my stomach. I grabbed my stomach clutching it to me. This was so not good. I hope he hadn't noticed. Hell, I hope he doesn't speak anymore. At least not in a place this quiet. My thoughts betrayed me. "Y en que piensas entonces? (Then what are you thinking about?)" He whispered. Why do you have to talk so damn low?! "En-En- limpiar la casa. (In-In, cleaning the house.)" I was actually thinking about that.. just somewhere in the back of my mind. Thank Goodness we had reached the floor or else. Fernando was pulling out his cellphone and started calling people telling them to come to the house. Um. What are you doing? I didn't ask. Maybe they were there to help clean up. Maybe. "Tu sabes. No entiendo por que estuvistes con ella por tanto tiempo. (You know. I don't understand why you have been with her for so long.)" Talking about striking up a conversation. He looked at me and said, "Ella me mostro gratitud. (She showed me kindness.)" Yeah, okay. I simply told him with an Oh, because I didn't know what else to say. His face was sad. "Lo siento Fernando. Si yo fuera ella, nuna te dejaria ir. (I'm sorry Fernando. If I was her, I wouldn't let you go.)" I said. Alert! Run away! I can't believe you just told him that! You're so stupid. Now he's going to know that you like him! How can you even like him? You've only known him a week! My cheeks suddenly flushed at what I said and I looked away from him. It seems that I can't stop myself. I should not be allowed to be in the same room, place, whatever with him. Not right. I just put my stuff in the back seat of his car. My eyes didn't even look for his to see his reaction and I didn't even know if he was looking at me. " Que dices chiquita? (What are you saying little girl?)" He started laughing. Really hard as he got in the car. I looked outside the window. Embarrassed. This was the first time in a long time that I felt self conscious from anybody.

I just looked outside the window since I didn't want him to see how cherry my face was. Seriously. "Por que te gusta gastar el gas si es tan caro? (Why do you like to spend money on gas if it's expensive?)" I asked him suddenly desperately trying to change the subject. "Por que no me gusta caminar. (Because I don't like to walk.)" Ah. Good enough I suppose? What would I know? I sit at home and play piano all day, although I do love to walk. "Oh." Today was the day where I had no reactions I suppose. I didn't know if he was looking at me or not. I couldn't tell. We where here. I got out of the car as soon as possible to meet four curious pair of eyes looking at me. Who are they? As I was getting my stuff, not looking at Fernando, he was telling me who they were. "Estos son mis futbolistas que con quien siempre juego. En Atletico Madrid. Haver. Este es el numero diez. Francesc Fabregas. Este es el numero quince. Sergio Ramos. El numero Veintiuno. David Silba. Y el numero veintitres Pepe Reina. ( These are the soccer players that play with me on my team. In Atletico Madrid. Let's see. This is number ten, Francesc Fabregas. This is number fifteen, Sergio Ramons. Number twenty-one, David Silba. And number twenty-three, Pepe Reina.)" He gestured towards each of them. I tried very hard not to say anything, so I just waved. Wait. I thought that Fernando played for Liverpool? "Espera. Pense que tu juagabas para Liverpool? (Wait. I thought you played for Liverpool?" I asked shaking hands with everyone of them and telling them my name. "Voy a jugar para ellos este ano. Hosea, despues de la Eurocopa.(I'm going to play for them this year. After the Eurocup.)" He said as he shook hands with his teammates. I went inside the house and saw that it was the same as last night. This is going to take forever. I put my stuff upstairs next to the door in my room. I closed the door and then went back downstairs. It seemed that all the guys were still outside and that they were trying to make Fernando feel better since he just lost the love of his life. I didn't really know what to do or say to him. Specially now since I just told him that I wouldn't let him go. Talk about showing sympathy. I have no idea what had happened to me back then. Don't even go there. You know that you have a crush on him. Just look at him for God's Sake. I couldn't do what my mind told me to do.

It's not that I didn't like confrontation, it's just that. I don't know! It's probably the fact that he's like me. A human being, and it actually looks as though he could juststraight up take my heart. I can't even say that. How pathetic am I? IT'S ONLY BEEN A WEEK FOR GOD'S SAKES! I don't understand! This doesn't usually happen to me! Life isn't fair. I looked out at them again and this time they were coming in. All five of them looked at me and I looked back. Fernando was the last one to come in and the four football players looked at me. "Nos tienes que decir que podemos hacer para poner la casa limpia. No fuimos a practica hoy simplemente por eso. (You have to tell us what to do so we can clean the house. We didn't go to practice simply because of that.)" I believe Pepe was speaking. You know, I could've just stayed here and cleaned the house by myself. I told him that. He said, "Pues mas personas es mejor, no crees? (Well, more people are better, don't you think?)" I nodded and said yeah. "Ustedes pueden limpiar arriba si quieren. Todos los muebles no estan en el lugar correcto. (You guys can clean upstairs if you want. All the furniture is not on the right place.)" That was the best thing I could come up with. They nodded and went upstairs. All of them except Fernando. I went into the kitchen and got a trash bag so I could pick up all the food from the floor. I got the bag and started picking up everything from the counter, then somebody's body was in front of me. I turned around and went the other way on the island. There it was again. "Pudes parar de hacer heso? No me estas dejando hacer mi trabajo. (Can you stop doing that? You're not letting me do my job.)" I guessed it was Fernando. I was so right. "Te dejo si me miras. (I'll let you if you look at me.)" Why did he ask me the thing that I couldn't do? I don't understand why I was letting some man intimidate me. Maybe it was because he was 6'2 or the fact that he was a famous soccer player. I looked up at him, and he was looking down at me. Smiling. I punched him on his arm and got on the ground. I picked up all the food, and then he was helping. "No tienes que hacer eso. Es tu casa. (You don't have to do that. It's your house.)" I told him. "Quiero ayudarte. (I want to help.)" He said, so I let him. After all I couldn't argue with my boss. It was silent after that, and I don't know why the atmosphere had gotten all tensed up. I couldn't look at him! Thank goodness my cherry color cheeks had gone away or else I would've gotten more embarrassed. I looked at the floor and the bag. Never at him. He started talking, "Estas bien? (Are you okay?)" I didn't want to lie to him. "No." Okay, if he forced me to tell him what was wrong, I would kill myself. All of the sudden I had a worried look on my face, "Tu sabes que me puedes contar lo que quieras. Aqui estoy. (You know that you can tell me anything. I'm here.)" He said softly. Why did he have to be so damn.. I don't know! I smiled to myself.

"No musica hoy? (No music today?)" He chuckled at me, now it was like in the elevator. It was that same quiet atmosphere. "No. Hoy quiero limpiar toda esta mierda. (No. Today I want to clean all this shit.)" I shook my head as I said that. You know. I don't know what it was. Seriously. This is bugging me. I focused on the trash, and once everything was off the ground I looked up to see him yet again. It seemed as though I was trying to not look at him, but it just wasn't working. I wonder how he was so fast. Then again he was a football player. He was on the other side of the kitchen. "Pues, no se que decirte sobre tu novia. Nunca eh estado en esa pocision. (Well, I don't know what to tell you about your girlfriend. I've never been in that position.)" I casually said as I got all the cleaning products out. He got up with all the trash in his hand and put it in the bag that was next to me. Then he stood next to me and said, "Ah si? Y enque posicion as estado? (Oh yeah? Then what position have you been in?)" I started cleaning the island and just told him. "En la posicion de que el tipo me gusta y yo le gusto a el tambien pero despues empiesa a salir con otra chica. Y despues en la otra posicion de que si salgo con el man pero cuando llegue a la casa ahi estaba en mi cuarto con una china teniendo sexo. (The type of position where I like the guy, and he likes me, but then he starts going out with another girl. The tipe of position where I do go out with the guy, but when I got home he was having sex in my room with some girl.)" It's not that it didn't hurt- because at the time it did- it's just that Fernando and I were friends now you could say. Let's hope it stays that way. I was talking casually as well, not that I was sad about the memory or anything, because I wasn't. "Uy. Mierda. Lo siento que te paso eso. (Oh. Shit. I'm sorry that happened to you.)" I looked at him and smiled, "Esta bien. (It's okay.)" He smiled at me and then I noticed that he was the one from the music video! "Ah! Tu estavas en el video musical del Canto del Loro! (Oh! You were in the music video of the Parrot that Sings!)" I laughed, he laughed with me. "Si. Y en algunos comerciales tambien. (Yeah, and in a few commercials too.)" He added to my sentence. I'm glad he was just speaking Spanish at the moment. It was easier to understand him. I finished cleaning the island and then he sat on it. I made a face. "Que? (What?)" He said. "Nada. (Nothing.)" I continued cleaning all the other counters and we just continued to talk about stuff.

So. It turns out that he's a really nice guy once you get to know him. He's telling me about how football is his life basically. How whenever Olalla used to come over she used to get jealous because he watches football when he can. Twenty-four seven most of the time. So. Here is what he does. He wakes up, goes to practice, comes back, takes a shower -another one- , eats dinner, goes to his room, lays down and watches football on the tv. "Sheesh. Talk about having a life. I didn't know football could do that to someone's life." I said in English. "Pues si. Me encanta. (Well yeah, I love it.)" He said. "Nunca lo eh jugado. No mas lo e visto. Lo que me gusta del deporte es que no se tocan. Es como si estuvieran bailando. (I've never played it. I've only seen it. What I like about the sport is that you guys don't touch. It's as if you guys were dancing.)" I smiled as I cleaned. I have opened up to him as he has opened up to me. It was incredible how close to a person you could get by just talking to them in a few hours. That's what happened, we only talked. Now I was mopping the floor and he was just talking to me. "Si pisas mi piso. Te mato. (If you step on my floor. I'll kill you.)" I said jokingly. My cell phone started ringing and I apologized to Fernando before picking it up. It was my mom. "Hola madre. Como estas? (Hey mom. How are you?)" She practically screamed so loud that I had to hold the phone away from me. "Bien mi amor. Aqui extranandoted mucho. (Good sweetie, here missing you a lot.)" I laughed and Fernando laughed too. "Lo mismo mami. Estoy limpiando y mi jefe esta aqui mirandome. (I'm cleaning and my boss is here looking at me.)" I said. "Ah. Puedo hablar con el? (Oh. Can I speak to him?)" I walked to the island and gave Fernando the phone. "Halo..Hola..si todo esta bien.. no te preocupes..tranquila ella esta bien. Jaja..si tambien lo pienso..bueno. Adios.(Hello..Hi..yes everything's okay..don't worry..relax she's okay. Haha..yes I think so too. Okay. Bye.)" I wonder what she was asking him and why he was saying that. The whole time he was smiling and he was looking at me too. Those freaking brown eyes of his. I looked away and finished mopping the floor. Good thing that the living room had the same type of floor so it was easier to clean as well. Time happened to fast when I was with him.

"Hosea.. que tu no eras con quien ella estaba dos dias antes. Oh, pues aller. Por la madrugada. (So. It wasn't you that was with her two days ago. Or well, yesterday. In the morning.)" I said as I was putting the mop away. He looked at me startled. "Como asi? (Say what?)" "Pues. Cuando llegue del club alguien estaba aqui y escuche un gemido. Despues de heso corri de la casa por que pense que era ella y voz. (Well. When I got here from the club someone was here and I heard a moan. After that I ran from the house because I thought it was her and you.)" All of the sudden he looked very angry and got the phone. I wonder where the footballers where doing. He dialed as I told him that I was going upstairs to see what they were doing. Fernando nodded. I went upstairs and saw that they had moved all the furniture to the right spots. "Hoigan. Ustedes saben que le podemos hacer a Fernando para que se sientan mejor? (Hey. Do you guys know what we can do so Fernando can feel better?)" They all looked up to see me and I smiled at them. Well, they were on the ground. That's why they looked up, or else they would have to look down. "Haver. Pues lo podemos llevar al club. Oh podemos jugar el futbol con el. Oh las dos cosas. (Well. We can take him to the club, or we can play football with him. Or both.)" Pepe was speaking and I liked both ideas. "Por que no vamos al club esta noche, y despues manana van a practica y juegan con el? (How about we go to the club tonigh and tomorrow at practice you guys try and make him feel better?)" I suggested. They all looked at each other and then nodded in agreement. "Y tu tambien vas a la practica para que no se sienta solo? (You'll go to the practice as well? So he won't feel alone?)" I nodded and they all gave me a smile. Then we heard the yelling.

"Como hasi que estuviste en mi casa cuando yo no estaba?! No tienes decencia mujer?! (How come you were at my house when I wasn't? Don't you have any decency woman!?)" We heard. Then we all looked at each other again and had worried looks on our faces. I had an idea so he could at least calm down and maybe even laugh. The footballers left the room and told Fernando goodbye. Um. Odd, they waved to me and Fernando was off the phone. He hugged everyone of them and then was on the phone again. Listening to what she had to say about the whole situation I suppose. I got my iPod and showed him waving it around. We were at least twenty feet apart, and I got the speaker deal. I put it on and the song that makes me laugh a lot started playing. "Un pato Que va cantando alegremente cua cua. Cuando se encuentra un lindo gato miau miau para cantar bossa nova." I started dancing around like I believe a duck would and making faces. "Bueno. Ya terminamos no? Adios. (Okay. Now we're over, no? Bye.)" He hung the phone up just like that and watched me. Then he smiled and started laughing. I kept doing it until the song ended.
I need new sheets, I just remembered. "Quieres ir a un club esta noche con los chicos? (You want to go to a club tonight with the guy?)" I asked him as the song ended and walked up to him. "Bueno. (Alright)" He smiled and I don't know what made me do it, but I got on my tippy toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek and hugged him. "Mas te vale por que no voy si tu no vas. (Well you better, or else I won't go if you won't go.)" Fernando wasn't surprised..instead he hugged me back and laughed. I walked away and went upstairs to find some fresh sheets. I didn't feel like going out and buying some at the moment.

Talk about having a crush on the guy.